Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (8036 Views)

Your Mechanic Is Cooking A Lie To Tell You / 5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by EDUECO(m): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hi!
Please,tell us the service and amount in Naira that your mechanic charges you.
cc:Marpol,lalasticlala,seun.
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by 3kay945(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
EDUECO:
Hi!

Please,tell us the service and amount in Naira that your mechanic charges you.

cc:Marpol,lalasticlala,seun.

Why can't you start first

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by EDUECO(m): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
3kay945:

Why can't you start first
Okay! I paid N1000 just for a mechanic to come to my home to open the inlet and outlet opening of my car's manual gearbox in order for me to confirm if the gear oil needs top-up.
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 21, 2018
EDUECO:
Okay! I paid a N1000 just for a mechanic to come to my home to open the inlet and outlet opening of my car's manual gearbox in order for me to confirm if the gear oil needs top-up.

Was the vehicle perfectly level when you were checking?
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by EDUECO(m): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Was the vehicle perfectly level when you were checking?
Yes Sir!
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by aieromon(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Change of oil and filter - #1000

Change of brake pads - #2000
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by 3kay945(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
Change of engine oil + filter + oil seal of cramshatf + serpentine belt = #1500
Next day change of one front wheel bearing and one back bearing = #3000.
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Engine oil change = 10,000

Brake pad change = 2,500 per wheel
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by aieromon(m): 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
makavele:

shocked shocked shocked

Is Gazzuzz your mechanic?

11 Likes

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by 3kay945(m): 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
aieromon:

shocked shocked shocked

grin

makavele:

Like seriously

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 11:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
aieromon:

shocked shocked shocked

Lol you garrit !!!
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 22, 2018
makavele:

Is this just labour or with materials too?
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 12:12am On Mar 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Is this just labour or with materials too?

Labour only
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 22, 2018
makavele:

Labour only

Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out a shop rate. This doesn't seem too steep if it can be completed inside of one hour.
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 12:45am On Mar 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out a shop rate. This doesn't seem too steep if it can be completed inside of one hour.

Not quite steep I would presume since jobs are handled with the highest level of professionalism and 99.9% perfection.

You're welcome

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 22, 2018
makavele:

Not quite steep I would presume since jobs are handled with the highest level of professionalism and 99.9% perfection.

You're welcome

Were you provided with a decent waiting area?
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 12:56am On Mar 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Were you provided with a decent waiting area?

Yes I was under ice-cold air conditioning and watching satellite TV . . .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 22, 2018
makavele:

Excellent. It brings a tear of joy to the corner of my eye to see that we're getting there in terms of customer service.

#IbadanLoading
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by adanny01(m): 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Brake pad N0.00 I do this by myself
Engine oil/filter change N500
Suspension (multiple parts) N1000 Per wheel
Suspension (single part) N500 Per wheel
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Gboliwe: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
aieromon:

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

I think he is adding cost of oil and items bought
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Gboliwe: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
The most recent work I've done is change timing belt. Cost me N6k. It happened on my way from work after 6pm, dude did this as an emergency.

Change of oil and filter 1k

Fuel Pump 1.5k
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
Gboliwe:

grin grin grin

customer that does not know road to my workshop, is that one a customer? grin

7 Likes

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by temmym4(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
makavele:

Jesus! Did you import him from another country shocked

i guess the OP asked for how much your mechanic charges you, not what the replacement parts caused

@OP
Oil and filter change - 500 naira most times, 1000 when am in good mood.
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
temmym4:

Jesus! Did you import him from another country shocked

i guess the OP asked for how much your mechanic charges you, not what the replacement parts caused

@OP
Oil and filter change - 500 naira most times, 1000 when am in good mood.

i guess the OP asked for how much your mechanic charges you . . . and I answered correctly . . .

p.s: OEM brakepads are not 2,500 per wheel; they cost as much as 25000 - 35000 for the 4 wheels . . .
OEM engine oil cost as much as 16500 too . . .

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

customer that does not know road to my workshop, is that one a customer? grin

Lol; i have recommended no less than 10 different people to your workshop ;
I tell them not to disclose me; cos I choose not to take the glory and love to keep it anonymous.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
Gboliwe:

grin grin grin

No . . . Mobil 1 is already over 10,000 naira
so how does oil + workmanship sum up to 10k

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by temmym4(m): 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
makavele:

i guess the OP asked for how much your mechanic charges you . . . and I answered correctly . . .

p.s: OEM brakepads are not 2,500 per wheel; they cost as much as 25000 - 35000 for the 4 wheels . . .
OEM engine oil cost as much as 16500 too . . .

Bros. Relax first.
You paid 10,500 for to change an engine oil that costs 16500 seperately.

Your mechanic charges you 2,500 each wheels he replaces its Brakepads. So u use about 10,000 to replace brakepads that costs 35000

In other words, you actually used 72,000 naira to change oil and brake pads.

Waoh. I envy you bro.

God bless Your mechanic. He will soon buy a new car or finish his building project grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
makavele:

Please one more question.

If within the service area, would an offer of a free shuttle back to your home/office/school and back to pick your car back up when the job is completed of value to you? Or you'll rather wait in an air-conditioned waiting room with free wifi?

Thanks.
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
temmym4:

Bros. Relax first.
You paid 10,500 for to change an engine oil that costs 16500 seperately.

Your mechanic charges you 2,500 each wheels he replaces its Brakepads. So u use about 10,000 to replace brakepads that costs 35000

In other words, you actually used 72,000 naira to change oil and brake pads.

Waoh. I envy you bro.

God bless Your mechanic. He will soon buy a new car or finish his building project grin

You need to relax pre-first . .
You should have asked what Car ( or perhaps, SUV ) it is ... and location where maintenance is carried out ?
Gazzuzz's place, Honda Place? Elizade? Kabiru's place or Khaz's place . . ?
bythe way, i didn't say the engine oil and pad cost me those amount ...
i was only referring to hw much OEM items for "certain" vehicles can amount to.
pls read well

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by makavele: 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Please one more question.

If within the service area, would an offer of a free shuttle back to your home/office/school and back to pick your car back up when the job is completed of value to you? Or you'll rather wait in an air-conditioned waiting room with free wifi?

Thanks.

Gimme the A/C and wifi anytime anyday

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
makavele:

Gimme the A/C and wifi anytime anyday

Thank you.
Re: How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
makavele:

You need to relax pre-first . .
You should have asked what Car ( or perhaps, SUV ) it is ... and location where maintenance is carried out ?
Gazzuzz's place, Honda Place? Elizade? Kabiru's place or Khaz's place . . ?
bythe way, i didn't say the engine oil and pad cost me those amount ...
i was only referring to hw much OEM items for "certain" vehicles can amount to.
pls read well

I see two issues.

1) Shrinking middle income: Folks do not want to pay a commensurate fee for services. Do they think Buhari is going to come and deliver money into their accounts? It's these commerce in between people that stimulate the economy.

2) Labor pool: because there is no standard, anyone can hang up a site under an iroko tree and call himself an engineer. So, of course, they can afford to charge N20 for an oil change since there's zero overhead.

It will take an act of God for Nigeria to reset.

Back in my youth, taxi driving was actually a noble profession as is most non "alakowe" work, but now every riff-raff that can't get a job is an engineer.

Then we wonder how seriously good cars and brands get to Nigeria and they become a bucket of bolts. I bought a 4Runner a while back now and one day I was looking around the engine bay and I noticed that the previous owner has removed the brake booster with all the accompanying ABS pump. Who does that? I'll tell you, it's a Kazeem and not Elizade.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed / Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! / Should I Replace My 15inch Rims With 16inch Rims On My Toyota Camry 2001 Model?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.