Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List (56262 Views)

2019, The Year I Will Have Beard - Reekado Banks List His New Year Resolution / Top 10 Best African Rappers Of 2018 / M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by LEAFLET(m): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2018
dasauce:

Gino's doing very well in the US...I have some of his rap songs

Gino's is naija's best rapper and his album is best naija album ever.. I really wonder why that guy feel off easily.. I still miss hom and went to his page recently to beg him to come back but it seems he's done with music forever. I don't think he's still recording. I listen to that album online almost every week.. Sick album.. love the guy like madt no homo

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Oselu28(f): 7:21am On Mar 21, 2018
DCONE1:
go and sit down....they are talking about rappers you are calling olamide...what do you know? Mschweeeeew

I stand before?shebi your sense is paining you that you can't even read properly...sho lo foolish ni
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:21am On Mar 21, 2018
DreamSonInlaw:

I am a keen hip hop follower esp naija but I cannot mention one cdq's track to save my life. He is too dull to be a rapper
Lol... He is too vulgar and behaves like a street urchin.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 21, 2018
Like say ur list go give award
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by 2day6(m): 7:37am On Mar 21, 2018
Lenadiva:
Na poverty dey worry your smelling mouth.
I won't say anything...because I know say u be aboki girls. ode.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Prettyyemi(f): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2018
timwudz:
So? are they as rich as Bado?

MI goan sleep please

quote me at your own risk
Hey,abeg no dey call baddo when we dey call better rapper..
Olamide be rapper??

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by 8stargeneral: 8:01am On Mar 21, 2018
...and who is MI
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by chiefojiji(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2018
8 speech
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Dirkcoyt: 8:11am On Mar 21, 2018
The truth is, all the SA rappers are american wannabe!
They wantvto be like the Americans. even cassper confessed to this on sway in a freestyle. A very poooooor freestyle. and AkA pls! That is a drake wannabe. he wants to sing like him gets accolades like him.

Only Nasty C and kwesta moves me In SA.

And for M.I , who made him the judge and jury
I can only have one M.I track (money) the rest are just pain to the ears, the albatross of his music is always trying to rhyme every last word!!!

come on, rap is art and more. story telling, metaphor, punchline, wordplay, rhyme, delivery, tongue twisters etc.

Now M.I should stop blaming the Nigerian rappers, rap died around 2011 but buried 2012. the fans have moved to afrobeat, everybody want to dance the stress away, too drained mentally to decrypt allegories in beautiful crafted lyrics.

So what do you expect from these rappers? continue rapping? hope you know about hunger will turn rappers to singers. if piracy wasn't a thing, atleast the rappers will keep making money from album sales from core rap fans and these rappers won't be swayed to change genre.

Rappers in Nigeria are endangered species. SA rappers can't clean the feet of a typical Naija rapper if not for hunger.

example of what I'm talking about, Ace producers will rather produce for a davido before Jesse jagz e.g Donjazzy.

Show promoters will headline a davido instead of vector , example is davido and wizkid headlining a Jcole show when he visit Naija soon.

In SA a rapper can fill up a done because they have a rap culture. but in Naija only an afropop singer can fill up such because that's what the fans listen to in their respective countries.

So these rappers are helpless, so it is disgusting to think M.I can feed his ego at the disadvantage of other rappers efforts. blame the industry, blame the fans, blame piracy, blame the promoters. blame me and you that only talking about rap on Nairaland Alone but not supporting it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by room089: 8:25am On Mar 21, 2018
Though largely unknown, the best rapper in Africa is my boy K-Large. For that dude to flawlessly rap in Ibo like Jah Rule, I give it him.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by franklingud(m): 8:26am On Mar 21, 2018
Sarkodie

Casper nyovest

Stanley enow

Nasty C

Poe

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by anigbajumo(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2018
TellMeNothing:

This is why I don't like it when RAP is tendered in public for discussion. Every single dick will want to talk even when they know nothing.

You and the person you quoted are BIG fools, what do you know about rap young man? And when did you started listening to rap music

Vector is of no match to MI in any level..Mention MI works and Vector's.....!

You think is about throwing nursery school rhymes.

MI is a complete poet and...

Go and check M's discocraphy before you spit thrash.

From Illegal Music 1 -An artistic definition dope

To

Talk About It- which still holds the record for Album with the fastest and highest number of sales. 30,000 copies in 30 minutes

To

The Movie- which further Completely uplifted the rap scene back then and paved way for this genre to get attention in the industry.

To

Illegal Music 2- One of the sickest mixtape a true lover of rap will listen to

To

Chairman- All versatile album that shows that MI is a genuis.

To

Ilegal Music 3- A classic.

Now

Rendevouz- spontaneous display of success and what it means to blend into the times

Together with other singles, tracks, series of features , accolaades and host of protege MI no be vector mate in anyway you grab..

This is why he is the most successful rapper so far. You think it's easy to record such success with genre like Rap most especially when you did not sell out to singing..

Now mention just 5 Vector songs with good raps, just his tracks not works.. feel free to ad king kong grin lol

E just de pain me say I have to make this reply..
No single rap head who have followed the works of both artist overtime will dare compare both.

Everyone knows Vector is good. But don't come close to M.

Oya run comot for here before I wipe you this tennis batt!

I don't av time to argue with u coz am damn busy this early morning but the major problem of most of u guys is writing dumb analysis of NL.There is nothing special in MI's lyrics is just an over hyped artist forming big boss rapper in Nigeria had it been there was no controversy between vector nd his record label am sure u won't come here to spew trash,that alone has killed his consistency. Vector with primary school lyrics, oga u knw nothing about rap song,u are just saying rubbish here,even that MI u dey hyped give kudos to vector wen it even comes to Free style, VEc is the only rapper in Africa that RAP over 2hrs non stop (Rap battle with the presence of ur MI) at the moment, Over hyped MI don't even come closer.....
All those nonsense u write up there is just as a result of over hyped praise, nothing special about MI.....

Vector will murder everybody wen it comes to Rap,ask sarkodie wen he FT vector...

Ask even ur MI nd ice price during Rap battle how he murdered them alive,we all saw how MI rants on social media the following day,I can dig the thread for u on NL here...

Olamide is not a rapper anyway, I bliv that but vector go kill the guy hands down with no controversy that s why he has been throwing tantrum on vec over the years...

You are expecting me to list Vector songs for you here,pls wat is google is dea for,only a kids does that....

3 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by mruwaifo(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2018
timwudz:
So? are they as rich as Bado?

MI goan sleep please

quote me at your own risk

What a foolish response . MI was asked of his favorite rapper and you counter by comparing riches .

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2018
midolian:
We are aware Vector used to be a rapper..buh has Olamide ever bn one?

Man, Vector knows how to rap is a different statement from Vector is a rapper.

I am sure he has not made MI's list for two reasons

1. Inconsistency : You cant deny knowing Vector sings better than Adekunle Gold these days.

2. Beef : You dont expect MI to add a guy who has dissed the hell out of Choc city boys when he was into rap.

You really think Vector can go head to head with Nasty C or Ghost (of SDC)?

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 21, 2018
pol23:
Vector deserved to be mentioned...
5 is just a small number...still a fair list..
Olamide no dey d league...(his money can't buy him a space in such class)

Vector? Top 5 in Africa? Where there is Ghost of SDC? Where there is Sarkodie? Where there are Nasty-C and A.K.A?

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by labi1977(m): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2018
Mi is the best african rapper mainstream the rest are underground, have cult following, unknown or brand new etc

Honestly vector is a better singer than rapper

indigenous rappers r different group entirely they have their own space like latino rappers they can't be cast with western rappers, they're doing good smiley

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 21, 2018
Sofrosh:
cheesy
Bow down to Davido and bow down to Cassper
Heard em say stars are aligned
But they both had their time
And you know that I'm tryna surpass 'em
Fred Merc told me your favorite rappers have heard of me
But a lot of these niggas won't get a verse from me
I feel bad for being the one to school these niggas
When my friends are tryna get in a university
But still I made 'em fall like the fees did
Feeling like I'm talking to my daughters and nieces
One of my industry niggas called me this evening
Told me keep my head above the water and breathe in
He wasn't too happy bout who I got on the remix
But he was on the remix before he got on the remix
He replied to the emails before I got on the frequencies
So I plotted the pieces before he had all the enemies
Man, I need a lot of head again
My mind's getting heavy even I wasn't ready
Man my come-up was a run up
Look at all things I did
It started with a mixtape that I dropped in February
And I'm too scared to even tell you what's next
I'm handpicking women out the general section
But I don't save them, no ain't got no S on my chest
I got a triple styrofoam with a medical mess
All my enemies are amateurs
My role model broke his character
And all my exes wrote me letters bruh
And I was chilling with Scoop the other day
If you knew what he had to say about you, you wouldn't be rapping bruh
Davido gon have to take this back to Naija for me
Don't have to tell you why your favorite rapper's hiding from me
I keep the weed stashed in a different kind of luggage
And tell my guy to tip the pilot for me, I got the juice
NASTY-C JUICE BACK

Yo! The beats slowed down for Nasty-C!!

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 21, 2018
lloydpras:

He is the greatest in Nigeria, Not Africa. I made the BET reference cos of his fan-base status in Africa. Sure, Awards don't define a Legend's attributes.

M.I is the most commercially successful - not the greatest in Nigeria.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by anigbajumo(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2018
Goandie:

all this songs u mention eh Jesse jags get gigantic hand for there and mi can't deny it at all.
na hunger make vector change him style wen him see say pple no understand beta rap.
why u think say mode 9 run comot Nigeria with all b beta lyrics eeh.
make I ask u why is falz not on that list hmmmm

TellMeNothing,the likes of this guy u quoted are fools that knows nothing about Rap music,he-goat asking me wen I started listen to rap music...Ode,nobody, I still repeat nobody can withstand Vector in Rap music in Nigeria,just throw any words to vector nd the dude will continue to flow,he has done it like 3 diff times in different places,dem no even born MI well to do that....

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2018
abogjohn:
bro, Ghost is the second guy in the SDC (show dem camp)..the group consist of Tech and Ghost... Go and listen to M.I Illegal Music 2.. Heart in the City..

Long thing. Listen to Popping on M.I's Rendevous playlist - Ghost bodied M.I.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by anigbajumo(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Bagehot:

You really think Vector can go head to head with Nasty C or Ghost (of SDC)?

Same way we talk am wen sarkodie won BET in 2012 until he FT vector nd he murdered nd buried sarkodie alive....Dude lyrics is confirmed hardcore,but u guys should should realise that Nasty C nd Ghost accent gives them more pace in their track ..

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2018
anigbajumo:

TellMeNothing,the likes of this guy u quoted are fools that knows nothing about Rap music,he-goat asking me wen I started listen to rap music...Ode,nobody, I still repeat nobody can withstand Vector in Rap music in Nigeria,just throw any words to vector nd the dude will continue to flow,he has done it like 3 diff times in different places,dem no even born MI well to do that....

I thought his album was thrash though.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2018
Pentools:

Nawaoh,for M.I's AT I might partly go with it tho i expected to see HHP, Eldee D Don, 6footplus and overdose on that list nonetheless joe spasm not left out still but his RN is a NO-NO....what has ghost done for the culture as of recent, if K.O is not on that list forget it. I'm convinced the list is basically his opinion tho.

What has Ghost done for the culture of late Palm-wine music for one . . .

If we are to run by this train of thoughts, 6 Foot Plus, Overdose, and Joe Spasm should not even be on this list. SDC has pushed out 5 outstanding projects to date.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by anigbajumo(m): 8:53am On Mar 21, 2018
Stevengerd:
Yea bro. The short man devil is pained. Flows, punchline, metaphors and wordplay dem no born MI near VECTOR

Don't mind the overrated poo

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by kullozone(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2018
Very rare for me to be happy with the comments on first page in a thread... But, this one sweet me. Atleast, we still have people that understands what rap means.

Good he mentioned freestyle too.
Olamide no be rapper smiley

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by introvertedsoul: 9:01am On Mar 21, 2018
No lies here.
Even though the rappers listed are corny AF!
OLAMIDE NO GO MAKE top 15 for Africa.
You can disprove what I have said the day Olamide puts out a quality English rap song.
His only attempt was a disaster! That letter to milli was the WORST rap song I have ever heard!
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by kullozone(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2018
Bagehot:

What has Ghost done for the culture of late Palm-wine music for one . . .

If we are to run by this train of thoughts, 6 Foot Plus, Overdose, and Joe Spasm should not even be on this list. SDC has pushed out 5 outstanding projects to date.

Overdose is, or was a very good hardcore rapper. Infact, one of the best hardcore rapper we've had in Naija.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Revolva(m): 9:09am On Mar 21, 2018
no sentiments ok...that is his choice
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2018
anigbajumo:

Same way we talk am wen sarkodie won BET in 2012 until he FT vector nd he murdered nd buried sarkodie alive....Dude lyrics is confirmed hardcore,but u guys should should realise that Nasty C nd Ghost accent gives them more pace in their track ..

Nope. If you follow SDC's projects, you would observe three things, Tec goes first (cos if Ghost does, Tec would have to struggle), the beats often slow down for Ghost, and Ghost's lyrics are very deep -like listening to the gravelly voice of a wise man, who just wants to pass on knowledge.

I recently listened to Vector's album - Lafiaji, and I was very disappointed - weak songs, and weaker bars for the most part. On the contrary, SDC's Clone Wars 1 - 3 (my favourite is 1) are pure classics. Clone Wars 3 especially had a moody, brooding quality.

Another very under-rated rapper is Omar Sterling (the rapper half of R2Bees). I thought he was wack cos of his bars on 'Slow Down' with Wizkid - then I heard his 'Victory Through Harmony' project on soundcloud early last year - bruh!!!! Vector does not even come close.

In summary, Vector might be able to do the whole 'I freestyle for hours' thing, but dropping impactful hip-hop projects, not even close.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2018
kullozone:

Overdose is, or was a very good hardcore rapper. Infact, one of the best hardcore rapper we've had in Naija.

I'm not disputing that, all I'm saying is that if you are arguing on what Ghost has done for the culture, subject the Swat Root guys to the same test. Asides, Mode 9, those guys had a much slimmer body of work compared to SDC.
Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by kullozone(m): 9:22am On Mar 21, 2018
TellMeNothing:

This is why I don't like it when RAP is tendered in public for discussion. Every single dick will want to talk even when they know nothing.

You and the person you quoted are BIG fools, what do you know about rap young man? And when did you started listening to rap music

Vector is of no match to MI in any level..Mention MI works and Vector's.....!

You think is about throwing nursery school rhymes.

MI is a complete poet and...

Go and check M's discocraphy before you spit thrash.

From Illegal Music 1 -An artistic definition dope

To

Talk About It- which still holds the record for Album with the fastest and highest number of sales. 30,000 copies in 30 minutes

To

The Movie- which further Completely uplifted the rap scene back then and paved way for this genre to get attention in the industry.

To

Illegal Music 2- One of the sickest mixtape a true lover of rap will listen to

To

Chairman- All versatile album that shows that MI is a genuis.

To

Ilegal Music 3- A classic.

Now

Rendevouz- spontaneous display of success and what it means to blend into the times

Together with other singles, tracks, series of features , accolaades and host of protege MI no be vector mate in anyway you grab..

This is why he is the most successful rapper so far. You think it's easy to record such success with genre like Rap most especially when you did not sell out to singing..

Now mention just 5 Vector songs with good raps, just his tracks not works.. feel free to ad king kong grin lol

E just de pain me say I have to make this reply..
No single rap head who have followed the works of both artist overtime will dare compare both.

Everyone knows Vector is good. But don't come close to M.

Oya run comot for here before I wipe you this tennis batt!

Ehen! See better human being here na... Because of this your comment, I'll agree to whatever you type on NL.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga List His Top 5 African Rappers, Olamide, Vector Didn’t Make The List by Ejanla11(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2018
where is Sakordie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nkechi Blessing To Adeniyi Johnson: You Are A One-Minute Man / Omotola's Husband Must Hear This (photo) / Ali Nuhu Kissing Chika Ike On Set (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.