Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects (8712 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi And The 2 Controversial Rail Projects / President Buhari Approves Negotiations For Another 15billion Naira Loan / No Fund For Eastern Rail Projects Yet - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by NSNA: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2018
They can fund this without crazy loans.
Build Lagos to Ibadan speedily. Make it go active and make money from it. Use the funds to extend it to Benin. And so on and so forth till you cover the whole of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by joystickextend1(m): 11:23am On Mar 21, 2018
$15billion for rail alone?

Meanwhile guy's check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toys
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by GavelSlam: 11:27am On Mar 21, 2018
CSTR2:
How can you spend 15billion dollars on rail alone. Is that not madness?

For a country that has so many competing needs.

The entire rail network in Qatar is not up to 15billion dollars.

This guy is terrible.

Why do you guys love telling unfounded tales?

https://www.google.no/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSLDE7562CJ20110607

Qatar to announce bids for $36 bln rail project

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:41am On Mar 21, 2018
this is interesting. i hope they execute this projects truthfully and we Nigerians enjoy it as it is meant to be.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by jaxxy(m): 11:41am On Mar 21, 2018
I'd rather they give us 24hrs light than bloody damn rails
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:42am On Mar 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

Qatar to announce bids for $36 bln rail project

thank you for this, you should have also asked him is qatar even have the size of Nigeria in landmass?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by benzion72(m): 11:45am On Mar 21, 2018
APC na one chance party
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by EKPETI(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2018
Pls my question is this, if these projects are to be carried out in another country, will cost this much? What is the cost to link up USA by rail?

Pls, school me prof in d house.
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by AnodaIT(m): 11:58am On Mar 21, 2018
soberdrunk:
I was arguing with someone yesterday that this 'rail project' shouldn't be a priority for Nigeria at this point in time...... angry
Ameachi has to recover the billions he invested in APC, since there is no Dasuki kind of money largess now, the only way out is executive stealing aka inflated projects.

So he just has to find a project within his ministry to worth such amount of money. The pay masters said, if you must do it, it must be in the North, Ameachi agreed

They don't really care about us, they don't care whether we need the rail or not

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
Check our signature below and reach out to a reputable Real Estate firm.
Paperwhite:
The "biasness" of this government really worrisome.It left the more lucrative southern routes for the the ones up north even go into Niger Republic.
Lagos-Ibadan,Lagos-Warri-PH, Warri-Itakpe all still lying fallow.
Meanwhile who is gonna pay all these debts for God's sake? embarassed
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Dootty(m): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
thank you for this, you should have also asked him is qatar even have the size of Nigeria in landmass?

Qatar bid is not for our outdated rails and tracks. it's definitely for speedy trains and electric rails so there is no basis for comparison.
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by progress69: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
CSTR2:
How can you spend 15billion dollars on rail alone. Is that not madness?

For a country that has so many competing needs.

The entire rail network in Qatar is not up to 15billion dollars.

This guy is terrible.

Something dey really worry u

Jesus!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by godofuck231: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
What about the refineries and the only road leading to the north, I beg someone call Steve wonders to come contest for APC 2019 I personally will vote for him, who is with me on this?
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Aboguede(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
Must you remain ignorant?
Does not a person have right free expression in Nigeria.

You also be jobless to have headache on another man's life.

Clerverly:

SalamRushdie, why not go look for something doing, instead of staying online 24hrs, ranting and cursing an imaginary enemy?

This is the 4th Moniker, you are using within three months, just to look for Useless "Likes" from the inconsequential ipob miscreants... grin
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Aboguede(m): 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
Op you #15 billion. It is NAIRA not $15billion
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
Yoo waah.... Amaechi don hammer
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by waveman2: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
15 billion dollar!!! Wow, good idea but the problem is they don't, t actually need 15 billion dollars to execute the project.u and your future generations will keep paying this bad loan. Wonder why our professional engineers and qs are never involved in these processes.
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by PurestBoy(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
Give us electricity first, foolish people
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by waveman2: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
They should come out clean to clarify how many tons of steel would be used and how many stations build to give a proper cost estimate.i still don't understand why our NSE are not represented in these contracts. Inflated contract the only way to steal in Nigeria since 100bc.

GavelSlam:

Qatar to announce bids for [b]
$36 bln metro system rail project[b][/b]

[/b]
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by nograv: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
obailala:
The only rail being worked on right now is the Lagos to Ibadan rail. How did you generate your info?

So what, does the Lagos Ibadan rail go to Abuja? This guy has earmarked loads of money for a line from Port Harcourt all the way to the North East.

As the original poster said WHY

The largest and wealthiest urban areas in Nigeria are in the SOUTH!!! We should be connecting large major cities in the SOUTH!!!

Abokis don destroy this country Chai...

Even typing this I dey tire angry
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by matrixme(m): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
Idiots!!! We are approaching April and they are hoping the rains doesn't start early. Well, maybe NIMET has predicted the rains of this year to start by late December, because it is not an unusual news that can make the headlines in Nigeria. angry
Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by obailala(m): 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
nograv:

So what, does the Lagos Ibadan rail go to Abuja? This guy has earmarked loads of money for a line from Port Harcourt all the way to the North East.

The largest and wealthiest urban areas in Nigeria are in the SOUTH!!! We should be connecting large major cities in the SOUTH!!!

If only people like you will just spend little time with an open,unbiased and unprejudiced mind, then maybe all these needless and endless whining and wailing and nagging will be replaced with quality time spent in asking the right questions to get informed. But obviously, some people just have a deep prejudice against the north and would rather prefer to dwell in nagging.

Nigeria is a country, made up of north and south, and every part of Nigeria has it's importance. That you are from the south doesnt mean the people from the north dont deserve to have a life too or to be connected to civilization.

The old railways in Nigeria built by the British had 2 main lines, the west and the eastern lines. The western line runs from Lagos through Kaduna, Kano and terminates at Kaura Namoda in present day Zamfara. The eastern line runs from PH to Aba, Enugu, Benue, Jos and terminates at Maiduguri.

The Nigerian railway modernisation masterplan has railways which connect the entire country from north to south and from east to west. First bit of the modern standard gauge lines was built by OBJ connecting Warri to Ajaokuta (primarily to connect the two steel plants); the plan is for it to run up to Abuja. Then we also have the western line from Lagos to Kano which goes through Abuja and then Kaduna before getting to Kano. The current govt plans to extend that line up to Daura in Katsina and even Niger republic in future (I'm sure you would wail about that too, so goodluck).

In the recent plan, there's also the coastal line which is meant to run from Lagos through all the coastal states and main cities till it gets to Calabar. This same line is meant to have a spur from Benin to Agbor and Onitsha and Owerri in future. Then finally there is the eastern line which is meant to run parallel to the old eastern rail line from PH through Aba, Umuahia, Enugu, Makurdi, Lafia, Jos, Bauchi and up till Maiduguri.

The line between Warri and Ajaokuta has been built. The section of the western line between Abuja and Kaduna has been built. Currently, construction is ongoing for the section of the western line between Lagos and Ibadan and that is the only rail which is currently being constructed as we speak.

Now today, approval has just been given to start preliminary negotiations for the eastern line which runs from PH to Maiduguri. So the question I ask is, why should this news torment anyone?... abi una be winsh? Is it because you heard Maiduguri?... I'm sure you would have felt much better if the report said the eastern line runs only from PH to Enugu. Must every topic be another avenue for people to display wailing skills and their prejudice against other parts of the country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Rosskii: 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
Cekpo34:
What future lies ahead for my unborn children?

They will live in a greater Nigeria. By the time they grow up, the power issue will have been solved, and every state capital will be connected by high speed rail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects by Rosskii: 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
nograv:

Have you any idea how much trade goes on between northern and southern Nigeria? Especially in agriculture and livestock? Before connecting ''large major cities'' you want to first connect trade routes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Break Up, North Will Suffer – Sheikh Gumi / Yar’adua Declares War On Militants / Sng To Hold Another Rally On Saturday, January 21 At Ojota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.