Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? (3176 Views)

Is This Body Count Too Much For A 35 years Old Lady? / Nasarawa Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day, 'I'm Too Young To Marry Impotent Man' / 24-year-old Nigerian Lady Is Selling Her Virginity For 50,000 Euros (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by deturla: 4:30am On Mar 21, 2018
I need to ask this question though. Is a 24-year-old lady too young to get married?

From personal experience, the moment you get to a certain age or reach certain societal status, people expect you to be married. I’m sure you agree to this.

Just this year alone, I have had more than 20 friends ask me when I was going to get married. I even had Facebook friends who insisted on saying ‘Bye’ to me because of the fact that I am still unmarried.

Anyway…’Boy Bye’ to that.

This made me wonder how difficult it is for a lady to deal with the pressure of being married say at 24. To me though, I think if a lady is mature enough to deal with the pressure of marriage at that age, filled with the wisdom to become ‘A WIFE and A MOTHER’ then why not get married at 24. This content went on Whatsapp and trust me, certain friends had differing thoughts and opinions. It is highly engaging.

Read on:

Grace:

Marry, when you are ready. Not following the stereotype laid down principle of people.

Really, a lady or guy needs to be really ready. Marriage is no child’s play. As a 24 year old, she may be ripe physically, but might not be emotionally ripe for the new stage. Relationship alone sef can make you go stupid at times, not to talk of marriage. To be emotionally ready depends on how she has been able to handle challenges on her own without getting out of proportion.

Kola:

Lol. 24 is young na.

She has all the time in the world. She can marry if she’s ready but 24 is not the You-are-supposed-to-be-married age for ladies. Only when she’s crosses 27, en route 30 can eyebrows be raised.

I still don’t see reason why people love to rush into marriage. I mean marriage is forever and a day more. Forever is scary, let alone the day after forever.

Elizabeth:

24 is young bro! She hasn’t gotten around to being a single lady! That sh*t will mess up her mentality. Let me tell you a little Something I learnt from experience.

Most ladies that get married early are mostly shielded by their parents. Nigerian parents sometimes have a set stage for you in life. An MSc in the bag, a good job, next thing bring husband, bring husband. She gets married, realizes she’s in real life, if she’s not strong mentally, she begins to slowly crumble.

Social media preaches the sexual fairy-tale, she’s probably not been with more than 2 guys, sometimes, husband inclusive. At 30 she’s got all her kids, sees her mates living out what used to be her dream, God forbids the husband condemns her to a life of full housewife. She hears f*ck stories, husband starts to f*ck her less, she becomes vulnerable, tries an amazing d*ck Bam! She 35, unhappy, serious midlife crisis.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying in all cases, but I’m giving a scenario based on experience. It’s because of things like this that most ladies nowadays become pick me ladies. They all over the place, and most times they SETTLE all in the name of wanting to be a MRS. 5 years later, divorce!

I actually had this talk with a friend some days ago, he made me understand that married women are the most vulnerable to sexual shenanigans outside the marriage.

I know a particular one who wants to leave her husband, they married at 23. When they were dating, he used to f*ck her like crazy, show emotions, be the perfect guy. Marriage changed all that! Man needed to hustle for the family, and he just got drowned in all the pressure. Now they been living together for 3 years now and they only have sex once in 3 months, she’s steady getting all the love and affection out there!

Now she gave another interesting twist:

Why do you think a lot of women have postpartum depression??

They get married, not even had time to enjoy their love, bam! She gets preggy and a year later there’s another human to look after! It has its psychological toll on the man too!!! He wants a WIFE!!! He’s a big baby himself!! But once there’s a baby, the story changes and he finds solace outside the home!!!

What then is the ripe age for marriage? Is 24 too young to get married as a lady? Why the sudden urgency or need for marriage when you are not emotionally ready. These questions are begging for answers. I can’t wait to read your comments.

http://deedeesblog.com/is-24-years-old-too-young-to-get-married/

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, ednut1, daddykross, vizkiz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:01am On Mar 21, 2018
No, 44 is the best age ... By then, all babalawo, fake prophets and fortune teller go done shine her Congo to pieces

3 Likes

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 21, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
No, 44 is the best age ... By then, all babalawo, fake prophets and fortune teller go done shine her Congo to pieces
How old are you?

I'm sure you are still 16 years old of age, hence your speeding immature reply like a goat on heat..

if you don't have something reasonable to contribute, why not just log out and go and go prepare for a repeat of jamb next year, because I'm sure you scored 44 in jamb..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 21, 2018
well op personally i honestly think that at 24 years of age,, a lady should be in a very very serious relationships that brings marriage knocking at the door..
though while it's not my place to tell if the lady should be married at 24 or not,, because certain factors of life like her education or her career or even her level of immaturity could prevent her from getting married at 24..

we never can tell what is going on in a lady's life and start rushing her into marriage..

first we need to know if she is ready emotionally and mentally and if she has thought about it,,

It's a personal decision, but that being said, a 24 years old lady should be if a relationship not just with any guy, but a guy that is ready for marriage,, but if she is not in a relationship, then we must try to understand why, from her own point of view, before judging her.. [

3 Likes

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by sbm060(m): 5:50am On Mar 21, 2018
24 is already an adult

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by ubunja(m): 5:56am On Mar 21, 2018
my prefered age is between 19 and 22.

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Adamummya(f): 6:31am On Mar 21, 2018
24 is okay

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 21, 2018
I've seen a 25 yr old girl, who's not emotionally mature at all. And wishes to marry soon. I just laff.

Although women and their babyish character never change but the ability to admit one's fault by one's self without been told increases in them as their age increases.
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 21, 2018
ubunja:
my prefered age is between 19 and 22.
Their wahala dey plenty o. You wan get bp?

Anyway they say maturity is not by age.
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Olablessinq2016: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2018
25 is ok

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by DaddyKross: 6:57am On Mar 21, 2018
My answer remains but let's ask lalasticlala and mynd44 what they think
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by donstan18: 7:13am On Mar 21, 2018
cheesy
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by don4real18(m): 7:19am On Mar 21, 2018
They should be in a serious relationship at that time

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by ImaIma1(f): 7:31am On Mar 21, 2018
24 is ok as long as she is ready mentally,emotionally and mature enough to handle a marriage.

No two marriages are the same and no marriage is perfect. Concerning the child bearing thing, i advise that they settle well into the marriage,bond and enjoy themselves and get to adjust to each other before a child comes. I never subscribed to getting pregnant immediately after.

And in some cases, the woman doesn't neglect the husband after the baby comes(they always warns us about this). The husband may even bond so much with the child. If the husband is involved, it even makes life easier.

Wife should still have time for her husband. One good way to start is training baby to sleep in his or her own bed and not sleeping with you.

And TALK. Please talk about the issues you are facing and what can be done to make your life easy. No one will buy any excuse for cheating.

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by CuriousMynd: 7:34am On Mar 21, 2018
Is a 18 year old boy too YOUNG to make his future decision on his own without allowing his parents to make it for him??
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by MhizzAJ(f): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2018
It's not too young
My cousin is 18 and she's getting married next month
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Fmartin(m): 7:59am On Mar 21, 2018
your mates at 24 don get 5 kids.. grin
my neighbor's wife is 22 with 3 kids and one stillbirth some months ago..
dey there dey waste your time. If husband come, marry o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by deturla: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2018
ImaIma1:
24 is ok as long as she is ready mentally,emotionally and mature enough to handle a marriage.

No two marriages are the same and no marriage is perfect. Concerning the child bearing thing, i advise that they settle well into the marriage,bond and enjoy themselves and get to adjust to each other before a child comes. I never subscribed to getting pregnant immediately after.

And in some cases, the woman doesn't neglect the husband after the baby comes(they always warns us about this). The husband may even bond so much with the child. If the husband is involved, it even makes life easier.

Wife should still have time for her husband. One good way to start is training baby to sleep in his or her own bed and not sleeping with you.

And TALK. Please talk about the issues you are facing and what can be done to make your life easy. No one will buy any excuse for cheating.

This is insightful. Thanks a lot.
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Emotionless100: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:
It's not too young My cousin is 18 and she's getting married next month
And you when?
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by MhizzAJ(f): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2018
Emotionless100:

And you when?
I'm looking for a husband but trying to work on my character at the same time...Make God help me

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Martin0(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

I'm looking for a husband but trying to work on my character at the same time...Make God help me

Do you have G. wagon, house, and business chain, then ar go marry you, who character epp after 3years we divogrin

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by apache4: 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Marriage Will Never Locate You !!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by bobokeshington: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
MARRIAGE IS OVERRATED

1 Like

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by DaddyKross: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
bobokeshington:
MARRIAGE IS OVERRATED

Very very very very very.
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by mzhorlah(f): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
Marriage has nothing to do with age,my opinion tho

2 Likes

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by MhizzAJ(f): 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
apache4:

Marriage Will Never Locate You !!! shocked shocked shocked

You are so immature
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Rhemy2013(f): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
mzhorlah:
Marriage has nothing to do with age,my opinion tho

Yes seconded..
24yrs is not young to get married,I have a cousin that got married at age 21yrs not that she got pregy ooh No she is a graduate and got married same yr she graduated..

Marriage is abt you getting ready and not abt age,a 30yrs old Lady might be physically ripe but not mentally and emotionally ripe so its depend..

2 Likes

Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by apache4: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

You are so immature

That's An Insult ,,don't you think so
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by MhizzAJ(f): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
apache4:

That's An Insult ,,don't you think so
I really don't think so
I should have insulted you but i don't have time to be exchanging words with people online
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by Emotionless100: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Wishing you the very best dear
Re: Is A 24-Year-Old Lady Too Young To Get Married? by MhizzAJ(f): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
Emotionless100:

Wishing you the very best dear

Thanks
This is how a sane human should talk not like that E-diot apache4

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Is My Boy / I Need A Man Who Is Addicted To Sex - Nollywood Actress / Men, Never Feel You Are Missing Out If You Don't Have A Woman.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.