Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,159 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Wife And Husband's Brother - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wife And Husband's Brother (10289 Views)

Polygamy (Polygyny): "Should I live with his second wife" and lots more (2) (3) (4)

Wife And Husband's Brother by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:42am On Mar 21, 2018
Question:
Assalaamu'alaikum! Ya Sheikh, I have a very important question to ask you and this will Insha'Allah benefit many other Muslims. A friend of mine was telling me that a wife cannot come in front of the husband's brother as he is not her Mahram. My question is this: I live with my parents and brother and sister. I and my brother pay the rent of the apartment. Insha'Allah we are going to move to a rented house which will be bigger and the rent will be payed by me and my brother. I had thought of getting married because of the bigger house, but I don't know whether I could do this now unless I get my own separate house. Please answer my question as soon as possible,
Jazakumulah Khyran

Published Date: 1998-05-05

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no harm in you and your wife living in one house with the rest of the family members you mentioned. All that you have to be careful about is that your wife does not go out in front of your brother or be alone with him in the house, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade non-mahrams (unrelated men) to enter upon women. He said: "Beware of entering upon women." One of the Sahaabah said to him, "O Messenger of Allaah, what about the brother-in-law?" He said: "The brother-in-law is death!" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath al-Baari, 9/330).

Al-Nawawi, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: "What is referred to in the hadeeth is all the husband’s (male) relatives apart from his father and sons. People customarily take the matter of a man being alone with his brother’s wife as being of little consequence; to indicate the seriousness of the matter, it was likened to death. Indeed, one should be more cautious about the brother-in-law than about a stranger. The phrase "the brother-in-law is death" may have a number of meanings:

That being alone with a brother-in-law may lead to disaster if a sin is committed, or may spell divorce for the woman if her husband cannot contain his jealousy; Or: Beware of being alone with a non-mahram woman – fear this as you fear death.
All this stems from Islam’s keenness to protect households, to avoid evil and to preserve marriages in the best possible way....

To those who take the idea of trustworthiness as an excuse, and say things like, "I trust my wife and I trust my brother or my cousin," we say: do not trust too much and do not doubt too much, but know that the hadeeth "No man sits alone with a (*non-mahram) woman, but the Shaytaan is the third among them" (reported by al-Tirmidhi, 1171) includes both the most righteous of people as well as the most immoral of people, and that Islam makes no exceptions whatsoever in such reports.....

* Translator's note: "mahram" refers to a blood-relative to whom marriage is permanently forbidden, such as a woman's father, brother, son, uncle, etc.

A similar restriction also exist between the Husband and his wife's sister.

May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Read in full at https://islamqa.info/en/217

https://islamqa.info/en/1940

Husband and wife's sisterhttps://islamqa.info/en/32689

Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by iamgenius(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2018
JazaakaLlahu Khayran brother. Some people don't know how dangerous this thing is.
Don't trust too much and Don't doubt too much, that is it.

Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by Bsmartt(m): 9:19am On Mar 23, 2018
Jazakumullahu Khairan.
Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by slegend(m): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2018
what is this?

Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by bjayx: 9:25am On Mar 23, 2018
Why must I admit I'm a Muslim before posting on this thread I don't do that on Christian threads?? Shiithole

Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by GreenNegro(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2018
slegend:
what is this?

It is called Explanation
Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by lilAZeeZ(m): 9:35am On Mar 23, 2018
jazakallahul khair

Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by Alameer(m): 9:46am On Mar 23, 2018
Alhamdulillah
Re: Wife And Husband's Brother by paroh137(m): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2018
What manner of fvuckery is this? Kuku lock your wives up in za oza room. Lubbish

Who Is Sheikh Muhammad Al-amin Al Kanemi? / When Eid Coincides With Jumuah / Questions On The “innocence Of Muslims”.