Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband (4678 Views)

My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic / Lady Shares Her Bitter Experience With GIGMotors / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Godson201333(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
Melian:
Your written English is so poor, hasn't your "white" husband taught you anything? I hope you don't sound this way when you speak. Cheers.

She will come for you oo
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Godson201333(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
I just need to add one or two flavour to this Post.I notice that many Nigerians with foreign partner would always want to go home and flaunt their Partners.You guys need to know that its part of African culture/Mentality.When you see someone that is so foreign,You try taking advantage of them (Tourists) this can be done in different way Eg,Inflating the cost of goods and services,False exchange rate etc A traveller tend to experience this kinda situation where he is not well known or a Novice.You do not need to condemn Nigeria simply because they extorted you and your husband.Thats a normal thing with our law enforcement in Nigeria,It is only meant for you to be wise and smart.

Next time,Draw a nice budget, make necessary plans and Have a nice trip.There are people of white color living in Nigeria and having a normal life.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by chukxie(m): 3:33am On Mar 23, 2018
Inkredible:

I couldn't get to comprehension phase because I couldn't READ it. Does this make sense to you?

You didn't read the write-up to the point of comprehending it yet you concluded the writer spent ten years studying abroad. Your comprehensive abilities are without any doubt in question, mate.

7 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Inkredible(m): 7:36am On Mar 23, 2018
chukxie:

You didn't read the write-up to the point of comprehending it yet you concluded the writer spent ten years studying abroad. Your comprehensive abilities are without a doubt in question, mate.

Cheers bro cool
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by chukxie(m): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2018
Inkredible:

Cheers bro cool

Have a good weekend. And cheers, too!
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nigeria is something else.
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by spiralwedge(m): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
kemmylove101:
I never wanted to go back to nigeria but my white husband keep pestering me that he want to visit africa and see the adventure in it.

I left nigeria 10yrs ago to study abroad but the nigeria i met is not the one as bad as i leave it then.Things has really gone bad, Even the post office close to my area is not the same anymore. only one person was there when i went there. i am so happy to leave this nightmare of a country called nigeria.

our everyday journey within the country was a nightmare. young men n women coming up to us everyday to beg for money. some will say oyinbo take us abroad. there is poverty n hunger on people faces.

During our trip to idanre and ilesha tourist site, the police keep stopping our car , saying anything for the boys, they are not even ashamed that there is a foreigner in the car. asking for bribe openly.

My worst experience is at badagry and the murtala mohammed international airport. what a shame to be a nigerian. My husband told me no tourist will come here with this kind of behaviour. How can you harrase people that came to your country for tourism. now i know why foreigner go to places like kenya, south africa and others for holiday.

On our way to badagry. I hear the custom officer telling his boss, oga oyinbo dey the car oo, they stop us asking him of his passport. i was like we are in nigeria not into benin republic.Asking me question like what am i doing for living, how did we meet. i was like really. I asked why asking his passport. they said they want to know if he enter legally. i was like really. so after delaying us for hours. The officer said i should go back home in yaba to get his passport and i told him thats is not possible. all you need to know if he is legal, is just his name and date of birth. they said this is not europe. after a while one of them come to me and said madam. give us something make we allow you to go. So i brought out 500 naira, he said what is this for? he said our money is 40,000k. At that point i called a family who is a military officer and he spoke with them and they later said if i can ask someone to snap his passport copy to me and show them. after doing that they then allow us to go . I still dont understand why custom are within the country , i thought they are suppose to be at the border of one country from another.

The second one is the airport, that place is a disgrace to the country especially for tourist coming for the first time.when we first arrived. an officer ask him to pay for arrival even after he see his nigeria visa which is 3month visa. It was later he told me he gave the man 50euro because on arrival foreigner are seperated from nigerian..

As we are departing yesterday, let me say this no where in the world will airport officer be demanding money from travellers like the lagos airport. They started finding fault with our luggage. i cant take this, i can take that. i end up giving them 5k at the airport just not to miss our flight. on getting to the airport in europe , i wasnt harrased or feel like a stranger like i was in my country. I think the best option for nigeria is military rule because this democracy thing is not working at all for us. I dont think this happens during the military era.

Another thing i notice is that the indian and chinese are mini-god in naija. the way people worship them in nigeria calling them white. me and my husband can't stop laughing when we see people saluting and calling indian or chinese boss. I even saw one indian so dark like charcoal and you see people prasing him. its a shame.

I felt like weeping for that country. things has really changed for the worst. Prostitution and refuse dump everywhere, . If you are planning to visit nigeria with anybody white. just take note you will be spending more than you budgeted. Now i dont blame anyone that want to leave that place at all cost.

I can finally say this will be the last time i will ever visit that place. it is really a jungle on earth.
When we arrived europe. my husband told  me i dont think i will ever want to visit your country again. I said no problem me neither.

It's a shithole country. I felt same when I came back but i dont have a choice, im stranded. Everything is wrong. Ive tried, about 80% to blend because been here for more than a decade now.
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by spiralwedge(m): 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
Godson201333:
I just need to add one or two flavour to this Post.I notice that many Nigerians with foreign partner would always want to go home and flaunt their Partners.You guys need to know that its part of African culture/Mentality.When you see someone that is so foreign,You try taking advantage of them (Tourists) this can be done in different way Eg,Inflating the cost of goods and services,False exchange rate etc A traveller tend to experience this kinda situation where he is not well known or a Novice.You do not need to condemn Nigeria simply because they extorted you and your husband.Thats a normal thing with our law enforcement in Nigeria,It is only meant for you to be wise and smart.

Next time,Draw a nice budget, make necessary plans and Have a nice trip.There are people of white color living in Nigeria and having a normal life.

Typical.

Of course, everything is normal to us. Continue. Smh

I was in Ghana, white people walk about and mix freely. Who will do that in this god-forsaken country meant for only people like you.

Enjoy your normal shithole country

5 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by tonididdy(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
who no go nor know. I just came into the country last week Thursday...I will not lie the moment I saw the landscape from my plane window I shed a tear.

immediately I landed, I started processing my visa the next day again.

truth is its difficult to live in darkness when you have seen the light

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Melian(f): 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hoho
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by obonujoker(m): 6:11am On Mar 24, 2018
tonididdy:
who no go nor know. I just came into the country last week Thursday...I will not lie the moment I saw the landscape from my plane window I shed a tear.

immediately I landed, I started processing my visa the next day again.

truth is its difficult to live in darkness when you have seen the light
.Bro, how ur place for Dubai... you leave us with Alabi abi... Abeg I dey enter that area in 3 months time, I just wan collect my MSc and pay up my babe bride price,...
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Godson201333(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2018
spiralwedge:

Typical.

Of course, everything is normal to us. Continue. Smh

I was in Ghana, white people walk about and mix freely. Who will do that in this god-forsaken country meant for only people like you.

Enjoy your normal shithole country

I live in a nice decent country that you can’t even Imagine.

Ghana,I know the country more than you do,You can never compare the senerity in Ghana with Nigeria.If it is not normal in Nigeria to extort other people,Why do somebody like you give appraisals to someone sitting in a Lamborghini
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by shadowhunter15(f): 12:39am On Mar 25, 2018
sHOTdownHawk:
All i know is that, even in Europe a Black man minding his on business and not breakin any law will be stopped and asked for ID. To many illegals here( definitely from Nigeria).
It makes sense as most Nigerians will make up majority of Africans in Europe. Trust me though, i've met many illegal Kenyans, Ethiopians, Nigerians, Somalis, Ghanaians ect. Wait, you don't even live in Kenya but you are here making noise about Kenya? You must have really hate the Nigerians you met abroad then.
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 25, 2018
kemmylove101:
I never wanted to go back to nigeria but my white husband keep pestering me that he want to visit africa and see the adventure in it.

I left nigeria 10yrs ago to study abroad but the nigeria i met is not the one as bad as i leave it then.Things has really gone bad, Even the post office close to my area is not the same anymore. only one person was there when i went there. i am so happy to leave this nightmare of a country called nigeria.

our everyday journey within the country was a nightmare. young men n women coming up to us everyday to beg for money. some will say oyinbo take us abroad. there is poverty n hunger on people faces.

During our trip to idanre and ilesha tourist site, the police keep stopping our car , saying anything for the boys, they are not even ashamed that there is a foreigner in the car. asking for bribe openly.

My worst experience is at badagry and the murtala mohammed international airport. what a shame to be a nigerian. My husband told me no tourist will come here with this kind of behaviour. How can you harrase people that came to your country for tourism. now i know why foreigner go to places like kenya, south africa and others for holiday.

On our way to badagry. I hear the custom officer telling his boss, oga oyinbo dey the car oo, they stop us asking him of his passport. i was like we are in nigeria not into benin republic.Asking me question like what am i doing for living, how did we meet. i was like really. I asked why asking his passport. they said they want to know if he enter legally. i was like really. so after delaying us for hours. The officer said i should go back home in yaba to get his passport and i told him thats is not possible. all you need to know if he is legal, is just his name and date of birth. they said this is not europe. after a while one of them come to me and said madam. give us something make we allow you to go. So i brought out 500 naira, he said what is this for? he said our money is 40,000k. At that point i called a family who is a military officer and he spoke with them and they later said if i can ask someone to snap his passport copy to me and show them. after doing that they then allow us to go . I still dont understand why custom are within the country , i thought they are suppose to be at the border of one country from another.

The second one is the airport, that place is a disgrace to the country especially for tourist coming for the first time.when we first arrived. an officer ask him to pay for arrival even after he see his nigeria visa which is 3month visa. It was later he told me he gave the man 50euro because on arrival foreigner are seperated from nigerian..

As we are departing yesterday, let me say this no where in the world will airport officer be demanding money from travellers like the lagos airport. They started finding fault with our luggage. i cant take this, i can take that. i end up giving them 5k at the airport just not to miss our flight. on getting to the airport in europe , i wasnt harrased or feel like a stranger like i was in my country. I think the best option for nigeria is military rule because this democracy thing is not working at all for us. I dont think this happens during the military era.

Another thing i notice is that the indian and chinese are mini-god in naija. the way people worship them in nigeria calling them white. me and my husband can't stop laughing when we see people saluting and calling indian or chinese boss. I even saw one indian so dark like charcoal and you see people prasing him. its a shame.

I felt like weeping for that country. things has really changed for the worst. Prostitution and refuse dump everywhere, . If you are planning to visit nigeria with anybody white. just take note you will be spending more than you budgeted. Now i dont blame anyone that want to leave that place at all cost.

I can finally say this will be the last time i will ever visit that place. it is really a jungle on earth.
When we arrived europe. my husband told  me i dont think i will ever want to visit your country again. I said no problem me neither.
Dear no place like home. The bitter truth is no matter the blue or red passport you are still a damn foreigner in those places especially in Europe with less black history.
They still look you in the eye deep down and say He’s not part of us.
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by sHOTdownHawk: 1:48am On Mar 25, 2018
shadowhunter15:

It makes sense as most Nigerians will make up majority of Africans in Europe. Trust me though, i've met many illegal Kenyans, Ethiopians, Nigerians, Somalis, Ghanaians ect. Wait, you don't even live in Kenya but you are here making noise about Kenya? You must have really hate the Nigerians you met abroad then.

Am really hardpressed to understand why you think i got hatred for nigerians. And secondly where die i mention Kenya in the Quote. What has Kenya have to do with this. You must be an Idiot. You Start Off by claiming i make sense and then proceed to puke non-sense that i didnt mention. Thats so very nigerian of you.
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by shadowhunter15(f): 1:52am On Mar 25, 2018
sHOTdownHawk:

Am really hardpressed to understand why you think i got hatred for nigerians. And secondly where die i mention Kenya in the Quote. You must be an Idiot.
Because in your comments you are always raving about Nigerians and you only seem to pop up on Kenya thread. I'm not an idiot just observant. Now you are trying to form innocence? Your comment is always berating Nigerians or Nigeria somehow but of course you don't have a hatred
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by sHOTdownHawk: 1:56am On Mar 25, 2018
shadowhunter15:

Because in your comments you are always raving about Nigerians and you only seem to pop up on Kenya thread. I'm not an idiot just observant. Now you are trying to form innocence? Your comment is always berating Nigerians or Nigeria somehow but of course you don't have a hatred

Why should i berate kenyans in a nigerian site. Seems very stupid. Doesnt it.
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Stallion93(m): 6:30am On Mar 25, 2018
Sadly it's the Hell we are forced to Live in because God knows if i had been asked where to be born, Nigeria cannot even mistakenly come out from my mouth. This is Indeed Hell on earth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by pansophist(m): 8:27am On Mar 25, 2018
Ojoro123:

Dear no place like home. The bitter truth is no matter the blue or red passport you are still a damn foreigner in those places especially in Europe with less black history.
They still look you in the eye deep down and say He’s not part of us.

Why not try this formula. Try to make shitt loads of money and enjoy your life without worrying about who accepts you? just as they would not worry if you accept them. Life is all about perspective really. When I first move to Europe, I was all for acceptance. I learned the language, was overly nice, polished my CV, and did all kind of things to be accepted. At that moment it becomes clear that when you chase something, it doesn't come. Then I changed strategy.

Why not start a business, increased your status, get better for yourself, not because of acceptance, and make friends with strategic individuals (think lawyers, city police officers, bank managers etc) that are instrumental when sshit hits the fan. Make sure your worth is more than racist or whoever doesn't want to accept you, then the incentive will be to accept you as you are more of an advantage than a burden. Europeans didn't colonize the world by expecting acceptance, but they went and do their thing, and now, the colonized wants their acceptance. That how the world works. A lion never bothers about the opinion or acceptance of sheep. Rather be feared than accepted. Maybe you should start by reading one of Robert Groene books, ''The 48 laws of power'', to understand power dynamics.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by AngelicBeing: 8:54am On Mar 25, 2018
pansophist:

Why not try this formula. Try to make shitt loads of money and enjoy your life without worrying about who accepts you? just as they would not worry if you accept them. Life is all about perspective really. When I first move to Europe, I was all for acceptance. I learned the language, was overly nice, polished my CV, and did all kind of things to be accepted. At that moment it becomes clear that when you chase something, it doesn't come. Then I changed strategy.

Why not start a business, increased your status, get better for yourself, not because of acceptance, and make friends with strategic individuals (think lawyers, city police officers, bank managers etc) that are instrumental when sshit hits the fan. Make sure your worth is more than racist or whoever doesn't want to accept you, then the incentive will be to accept you as you are more of an advantage than a burden. Europeans didn't colonize the world by expecting acceptance, but they went and do their thing, and now, the colonized wants their acceptance. That how the world works. A lion never bothers about the opinion or acceptance of sheep. Rather be feared than accepted. Maybe you should start by reading one of Robert Groene books, ''The 48 laws of power'', to understand power dynamics.
5000 likes cool

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by bayocanny: 10:07am On Mar 25, 2018
Melian:
Your written English is so poor, hasn't your "white" husband taught you anything? I hope you don't sound this way when you speak. Cheers.
Ode, you should have polished your grammar before making correction to someone post.

What's the meaning of "hasn't", you need to demand half tuition if not full payment from the school you graduated from, that is, if you're indeed a graduate

8 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by Melian(f): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2018
bayocanny:

Ode, you should have polished your grammar before making correction corrections to someone someone's post.

What's the meaning of "hasn't", you need to demand half tuition if not full payment from the school you graduated from, that is, if you're indeed a graduate

I see why you're pained. Brighter grammar or your dic. Whichever comes first. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by londoner: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
I keep wondering why people go to Lagos expecting it not be Lagos with all the hustling, frustration and high blood pressure that it has always been known for.

You should have taken him to Abuja and visited Lagos for a long weekend.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by londoner: 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
Deleted post
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by bayocanny: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
Melian:

I see why you're pained. Brighter grammar or your dic. Whichever comes first. Good luck.
Lol, I will leave you to continue wallowing in ignorance
Re: My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband by londoner: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
Deleted post

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over 50 Tuition-free Schools In Europe And Usa, Over 400 Pages Of Information / Goshen Voyage / Low Tuition Universities: List Of Countries With Low Tuition Fees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.