Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Help Answer This Question About Paypal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help Answer This Question About Paypal (1072 Views)

Truth About Paypal And Some Issues People Are Having With It. / Before You Take A Business Loan, Make Sure You Know The Answer To This Question / Can We Openly And Ethically Discuss Anything About Paypal In Nigeria Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello guys. So we all know how we can't use PayPal to receive money in Nigeria.

My question is if I have someone residing in let's say London. If the person opens a full functional verified PayPal for me, can I use it here in Nigeria without having any issues of my PayPal being banned or anything?

Please I need an urgent reply.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by geloorrrrdd(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
Yes. Only if you use a good VPN.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
geloorrrrdd:
Yes. Only if you use a good VPN.

Oh really? The PayPal has just been created and I'm setting up the account without using any vpn? Pls what do u advise?

And there is a part to link a bank account. Am I going to link the PayPal to my Nigeria bank account or to the person's bank account in London ?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by chieni(f): 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Yes you are right. I am also having issues with linking my debit card with my paypal. Please gurus in the house, what's the solution? I need the paypal account for my fiverr.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
chieni:
Yes you are right. I am also having issues with linking my debit card with my paypal. Please gurus in the house, what's the solution? I need the paypal account for my fiverr.

Is it a Nigeria PayPal?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by kalu61(m): 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
chieni:
same here but succeeded with master card
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by chieni(f): 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
sawdi:

Is it a Nigeria PayPal?
Yes it is. I registered using Nigeria as my nationality.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
kalu61:

Please is it a Nigeria PayPal? The master card is it from your local bank?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by chieni(f): 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
kalu61:
Do you mean debit master card?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by chieni(f): 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
kalu61:
I just tried using my UBA debit mastercard, but it still doesn't accept my card.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
chieni:

Yes it is. I registered using Nigeria as my nationality.

Oh that means you can only pay with it. I have a Nigerian PayPal account too. I was able to link my gt MasterCard to it.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by kalu61(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
chieni:

I just tried using my UBA debit mastercard, but it still doesn't accept my card.
hope you have activated it for online banking
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by kalu61(m): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
sawdi:

Please is it a Nigeria PayPal? The master card is it from your local bank?
yes, I used my visa cars initially but it didn't work then I had to apply for master card.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by chieni(f): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
kalu61:
No I haven't. Is that a criteria for me to be able to link the card?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
chieni:

I believe so. Cos I also activated online banking on mine.

1 Like

Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
kalu61:
yes, I used my visa cars initially but it didn't work then I had to apply for master card.

Okay. But do you happen to know anything about PayPal for countries that can receive money with theirs?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by chieni(f): 8:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
kalu61:
Did you link it to your paypal recently?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by vvaley(m): 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
chieni:

If it's a US PayPal account, u can simply just confirm your email and US phone number and u can use it for as long as u want without linking a debit card to it. Wen withdrawing, simply send thru Friends and family to an exchanger and get your Nairaland equivalent.
Or alternatively, i can sell u a verified US PayPal account for a little amount and I'm willing to send u the logins for you to confirm the account before paying me but the email details won't be released to u until i get my cash. Or i could also add my Paypal email to your Fiverr account and u send all your fund to my Paypal while i pay u in naira and we can keep doing that as long as u wish.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by chieni(f): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
vvaley:

If it's a US PayPal account, u can simply just confirm your email and US phone number and u can use it for as long as u want without linking a debit card to it. Wen withdrawing, simply send thru Friends and family to an exchanger and get your Nairaland equivalent.
So what happens if I don't have anyone that resides in Us, to enable me send to an exchanger?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by vvaley(m): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
chieni:

So what happens if I don't have anyone that resides in Us, to enable me send to an exchanger?

Simply sell your funds to me and i will pay u in Naira.
I was actually referring to NL ecurrency exchangers. U didn't get me
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
vvaley:

Simply sell your funds to me and i will pay u in Naira.
I was actually referring to NL ecurrency exchangers. U didn't get me

I just got a US PayPal. I've verified the email and phone number too. Isn't there any other form of withdrawing apart from d friends n family?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by vvaley(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
sawdi:

I just got a US PayPal. I've verified the email and phone number too. Isn't there any other form of withdrawing apart from d friends n family?
k
There is another option apart from friends and family called Goods and Services (GNS). But that option is for paying a client that renders a Service to u and it includes adding shipping information for the seller to be able to access the fund. And also most times sending thru GNS puts the fund on pending until delivery of service is complete hence protecting the buyer. But most exchangers don't prefer it cos of the pending issue and also based on the fact that the buyer can charge back fund if not satisfied or if he wants to play a fast one after receiving cash.
Therefore sending thru friends and family is better and safer for an exchanger but some exchangers do accept sending thru Goods and Services (GNS). All u have to do is tell the exchanger how u are sending it before dealing. I hope i have answered ur question well. U are free to ask more if u don't get me
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by godwinweb(m): 12:46am On Mar 22, 2018
yes! you can use it if he can be able to link london bank details...and you can even use it without VPN. more info inbox me 090 60 141 365
sawdi:
Hello guys. So we all know how we can't use PayPal to receive money in Nigeria.

My question is if I have someone residing in let's say London. If the person opens a full functional verified PayPal for me, can I use it here in Nigeria without having any issues of my PayPal being banned or anything?

Please I need an urgent reply.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by godwinweb(m): 12:48am On Mar 22, 2018
you can not link Nigeria bank account. there is a way to do that.. call or whatsapp 090 60 141 365
sawdi:

Oh really? The PayPal has just been created and I'm setting up the account without using any vpn? Pls what do u advise?

And there is a part to link a bank account. Am I going to link the PayPal to my Nigeria bank account or to the person's bank account in London ?
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by godwinweb(m): 12:50am On Mar 22, 2018
we can get it done for you call or whatsapp 090 60 141 365
chieni:

1 Like

Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by sawdi: 8:00am On Mar 22, 2018
vvaley:
k
There is another option apart from friends and family called Goods and Services (GNS). But that option is for paying a client that renders a Service to u and it includes adding shipping information for the seller to be able to access the fund. And also most times sending thru GNS puts the fund on pending until delivery of service is complete hence protecting the buyer. But most exchangers don't prefer it cos of the pending issue and also based on the fact that the buyer can charge back fund if not satisfied or if he wants to play a fast one after receiving cash.
Therefore sending thru friends and family is better and safer for an exchanger but some exchangers do accept sending thru Goods and Services (GNS). All u have to do is tell the exchanger how u are sending it before dealing. I hope i have answered ur question well. U are free to ask more if u don't get me

Thanks a lot. I think fnf is still d better option.
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by vvaley(m): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2018
sawdi:

Thanks a lot. I think fnf is still d better option.

Sure it is
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by kalu61(m): 9:22am On Mar 22, 2018
chieni:
Did you link it to your paypal recently?
yes
Re: Help Answer This Question About Paypal by kalu61(m): 9:24am On Mar 22, 2018
chieni:

yes, that was what the customer care told me before I linked it and it worked

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!! How Can I Get A Uk Phone Number For UPWORK Verification / Just One Call... / God is good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.