Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander (1559 Views)

Messi VS Ronaldo: Kaka Picks Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo Despite Real Madrid Links / To The Guys Only,what Lies Do Ladies Tell Us Mostly, When In A Relationship? / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Maxvasia(m): 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
I am not a very expressive person but While sitting quietly in my office at work today, i began to reflect on life around us, and this is what my spirit tells me with a great measure of conviction which i wish to share with you all......

Suicide rates will multiply all over the world. Not because times are hard. Times were HARD during the World Wars and Great Economic recessions and depressions. The society is increasingly frivolous. People have no true friends. Because friends see themselves more as rivals. The race is measured by wealth and nothing else. Set backs are mourned as wasted lives by those who should give love and genuine support. So a troubled man becomes the butt of jokes by those in whom he has reposed his trust.

Calamities befall men and their friends shed tears of sympathy for them in the morning, but run them down and harm them ruthlessly at night. The man can't even tell his wife because he is sure she would show little or NO understanding at all, because in her heart is the hearth of the values that society upholds. He has seen her divulge little details to her family. He has heard her eulogise wealth and curse set backs as abomination. She has a little merry heart, while pretending to be oblivious of the realities her man has to face for which her powerful supporting and protective prayers and intuition were needed, to mediate strength and inspire confidence.

The pastor can't be trusted because he is given to flashy cars and worldly ambitions. He rates men by their earthly successes and wealth. He can't be trusted because wealth he says is the ultimate blessing from the Creator. Everyday he celebrates only the rich. The value of a man is measured, not by the quality of his being, but by the size of his pocket.

So the troubled man walks around with his troubles in his heart. One day, he would weigh it all over again, and say NO! It's enough!!

But then, when the slightly reflective one meditates on the purpose to all this, in his mind he bumps ever again against the common saying "to keep body and soul together and lead a respectable life". And again, one asks what is the essence of keeping body and soul together only to be driven along the course of sham and falsehood, to live a life in celebration of tinsel, to be honored and respected by clergies and temples who themselves have become slaves to materialism... a life born, moulded fashioned and forged in a BIG LIE!

No Truth, no genuineness... No Love! Everyone scrambles around in the dark, in ignorance, seeking to attain his goals at the expense of, and to the detriment of the other. So that even Marriages which should be guided by Love and Trust are deeply steeped in intrigue and selfish calculation, one working to outsmart the other in a senseless struggle for power and control. Egotism, selfishness and power lustfulness have become the lord and bane of all relationships, now collapsing on all sides. The expression "Marriages are made in Heaven" have become a hypocritical mockery cry of the Sublime Purity of He Who mercifully ordained it. People now twitch their noses at it because they no longer believe in it, though they profess it for the sake of it. Man has come to question the existence of Love, now on the brink of convincing himself that it does not exist in a world of realism, but only in the sanguine-idealistic consciousness of the dreaming mind.

And no one knows where nor how to find the origin of this scorge, this evil upon which all life around man on earth is founded. Hypocricy, selfishness, slavish materialism, power lustfulness and drunkenness,morbid sensuality, envy, greed, malice and hatred. Little wonder that this world seems on a slow march towards an ignominous collapse. And man still seeks to find solutions to the impending horror by striving even more vigorously into the same faults that gave birth to these evils. Many more will have to suffer, many more will have to die, dont ask me why (Bob Marley), for it is useless running to the prayer houses when the heart is seething with poison without any genuine desire to change.

Just a frank rant!

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by tosyne2much(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
This is beautifully written... Respect sir

2 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by mcdreeezy: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Word.

1 Like

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Maxvasia(m): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
tosyne2much:
This is beautifully written... Respect sir
Thank you
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Kinggnicole(f): 11:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
Lalasticlala this rant makes more sense than 1000 BBnaija FP topics!

5 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by kazyhm(m): 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
hmn....what i have learnt is if you dont live in falsehood and pretence, then you re not real.......being real is seen by the society as being outdated

1 Like

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by plessis: 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
I normally applaud anyone who takes his own life.

That is the most difficult thing to do.

I am very much aware of the fact that money, goals , education, ambitions, etc are all social constructs used in giving meaning to this purposeless existence.

The truth is, I'd take my own life if I knew who I'd be giving it to.

1 Like

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by myself13: 12:00am On Mar 22, 2018
Nice one. ....If you are living your life to please the world you are a COWARD.And you wonder how many brave people we have left in this world.....It is best to be who you are solely based on your experiences and how those experiences modifies you.

2 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Time2Smile(m): 5:05am On Mar 22, 2018
Beautifully written. You will not see most Nairaland kids here. They would rather comment on meaningless topics. @Op, I think this is where true religion comes in because it give purpose to human lives.
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by lenghtinny(m): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2018
That's just the perfect definition of the world we live in...
People say one thing and does the exact opposite angry
I realized a long time ago that I came to this world alone, and will leave alone.
I always try my best not to form attachment to anyone. I keep all my relationships on surface level because the ones that know you are the most likely to hurt you.
In the words of Tupac Shakur " The realest people don't have a lot of friends".

2 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by lenghtinny(m): 7:23am On Mar 22, 2018
plessis:

I am very much aware of the fact that money, goals , education, ambitions, etc are all social constructs used in giving meaning to this purposeless existence.

Very deep....

Suicide is one of the hardest decision to make in life. When I see people mocking them and calling them cowards, I just shake my head.

They say life is worth living but I don't get the point when one will never make it out alive angry

4 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2018
Ramblings of a weakling. Please since this life is futile and meaningless, then take your life and leave this earth for people who are strong willed enough to exist in it. And all the weaklings applauding your post should follow suit. Iranu.

The goal of life is to survive and be as comfortable as possible. This is what everyone strives for. There is good and bad in the world. Arm yourselves with the tools to navigate through the bad without being hurt and then try to utilize the good in a noble and self beneficial way.

The world isn't a place for emotional, weak minded, over empathic people who crave genuine friendships and expect everyone to be nice and honest with them and for things to be smooth all the time. People who are like this don't have what it takes to survive in this world. The world is for people who understand the world, who understand that humans have the capacity for evil and malevolence, and they navigate their reality with this fact in mind. They understand that they have a limited time to exist on this earth and they try as much as possible to make the best of it. And there are lots of ways to make the best of it - They could strive for power, utilize their talents in making their society a better place, or they could aim at being as comfortable as they possibly can. They might not know what happens after they die, but they understand that life is a gift and they shouldn't waste it.

Op, If the people who existed before you had this stupid mindset that you have, you wouldn't be here typing on your computer, and you wouldn't have electricity to power your devices or the internet to share your stupid opinion with the world, or the car you used to commute to your work place. If people in the past had the mentality that you have, they'd see no reason to do anything. They'd either commit suicide or sit under a tree all day contemplating the futility of existence and increasingly losing the desire to do anything at all, which would preclude all the strides that's been made in medicine and technology which you an ungrateful entity enjoy constantly.

It's people that have the mentality of the OP that end up shooting schools and committing mass murder, because if life is useless, then why not assist in ending it quickly right?

Stop complaining and do the little you can to see that the world is better than you left it. Maybe that way, the future generation won't have cause to complain like you are doing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2018
This thread is just a bunch of emotional weaklings patting themselves on the back for being weak and celebrating suicide as a solution to their weakness. How pathetic.

Even Jesus Christ, one of the noblest and reflective people who ever lived never had this stupid mentality about the world. Did Jesus commit suicide? Did he move around the world sharing his opinion about how futile being and existence is? Didn't he do his best to make the world a better place than he met it? Didn't he endure the negativities associated with being and strived to achieve his goal despite it all? Didn't his friends betray him? Didn't his own people betray him? Even despite this, did he describe existence as futile? What have you done to make the world a better place besides coming online to whine about the world and celebrate suicide?

Iranu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 22, 2018
Kinggnicole:
Lalasticlala this rant makes more sense than 1000 BBnaija FP topics!

I'd rather watch BBNaija than join a bunch of weaklings complain about the world and celebrate suicide.

What's the usefulness of this thread? What's the benefit in saying that life is meaningless and everything that we do is futile? How does this benefit humanity? How is saying that suicide is the solution to the problem of existence useful to mankind?

Tell me one person in history of this earth that had this stupid mindset that has impacted positively to the development of the human race? Most of the people who have this mindset end up shooting schools and theaters, blowing up buildings, and committing all forms of mass murder.

The reason you are even alive today is because men and women strived to survive and make the best of themselves despite understanding that life had it's negative aspects. But they focused on the positives and used their gifts to impact their world positively. This is the message that should be propagated, not essays about how life is meaningless and how people are unfair and how suicide is an appetizing solution.

1 Like

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Papanwamaikpe: 10:13am On Mar 22, 2018
Nice thread and respond from the Nigga above me. I'm learning alot here
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Maxvasia(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
Time2Smile:
Beautifully written. You will not see most Nairaland kids here. They would rather comment on meaningless topics. @Op, I think this is where true religion comes in because it give purpose to human lives.
I actually neither expect many comments here nor expect it to make FP. Its for the discerning mind only. Thank you
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Maxvasia(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
XML33:
This thread is just a bunch of emotional weaklings patting themselves on the back for being weak and celebrating suicide as a solution to their weakness. How pathetic.

Even Jesus Christ, one of the noblest and reflective people who ever lived never had this stupid mentality about the world. Did Jesus commit suicide? Did he move around the world sharing his opinion about how futile being and existence is? Didn't he do his best to make the world a better place than he met it? Didn't he endure the negativities associated with being and strived to achieve his goal despite it all? Didn't his friends betray him? Didn't his own people betray him? Even despite this, did he describe existence as futile? What have you done to make the world a better place besides coming online to whine about the world and celebrate suicide?

Iranu.
Apparently u are one of the extremely few who understand nothing of the messages being passed herein. Who is celebrating suicide? I am sure you are aware of deductive reasoning and realistic thinking. I am speaking of facts and the clear and present danger man faces in the times in which we stand. Well, Its okay to speak this way. Whenever you see unnecessary hostility and scoffing, it is ALWAYS an infallible sign of fear and an open confession to personal inadequacy and incompetence. Everyone will show himself and in this post lies the sentence for people who speak like u do. Instead of demonstrating fear and cowardice, better get ur acts together and make sure that in this cataclysmic hurricane buzzing through the four corners of the earth today, u r not found too light as to be blown to Oblivion.

6 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
This is one of the reason why I love nairaland

Many intellects are underneath
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by plessis: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
lenghtinny:

Very deep....

Suicide is one of the hardest decision to make in life. When I see people mocking them and calling them cowards, I just shake my head.

They say life is worth living but I don't get the point when one will never make it out alive angry
don't let anyone fool you. Life has no meaning.

We all die the same. Whether rich or poor or handicapped. We all die.... And those who have memories of us all die too.

Read the book of ecclesiastis in the Bible.

A particular verse said "everything we all do is chasing the wind".
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by plessis: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
XML33:

I'd rather watch BBNaija than join a bunch of weaklings complain about the world and celebrate suicide.

What's the usefulness of this thread? What's the benefit in saying that life is meaningless and everything that we do is futile? How does this benefit humanity? How is saying that suicide is the solution to the problem of existence useful to mankind?

Tell me one person in history of this earth that had this stupid mindset that has impacted positively to the development of the human race? Most of the people who have this mindset end up shooting schools and theaters, blowing up buildings, and committing all forms of mass murder.

The reason you are even alive today is because men and women strived to survive and make the best of themselves despite understanding that life had it's negative aspects. But they focused on the positives and used their gifts to impact their world positively. This is the message that should be propagated, not essays about how life is meaningless and how people are unfair and how suicide is an appetizing solution.
stop fooling yourself about humanity.

Even humanity doesn't care about humanity.

That's why countries spend billions making nukes instead of focusing on the poor and helpless...

Look at the human race today and be honest with yourself.

Where is humanity heading to, if not oblivion?

3 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by plessis: 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
XML33:
Ramblings of a weakling. Please since this life is futile and meaningless, then take your life and leave this earth for people who are strong willed enough to exist in it. And all the weaklings applauding your post should follow suit. Iranu.

The goal of life is to survive and be as comfortable as possible. This is what everyone strives for. There is good and bad in the world. Arm yourselves with the tools to navigate through the bad without being hurt and then try to utilize the good in a noble and self beneficial way.

The world isn't a place for emotional, weak minded, over empathic people who crave genuine friendships and expect everyone to be nice and honest with them and for things to be smooth all the time. People who are like this don't have what it takes to survive in this world. The world is for people who understand the world, who understand that humans have the capacity for evil and malevolence, and they navigate their reality with this fact in mind. They understand that they have a limited time to exist on this earth and they try as much as possible to make the best of it. And there are lots of ways to make the best of it - They could strive for power, utilize their talents in making their society a better place, or they could aim at being as comfortable as they possibly can. They might not know what happens after they die, but they understand that life is a gift and they shouldn't waste it.

Op, If the people who existed before you had this stupid mindset that you have, you wouldn't be here typing on your computer, and you wouldn't have electricity to power your devices or the internet to share your stupid opinion with the world, or the car you used to commute to your work place. If people in the past had the mentality that you have, they'd see no reason to do anything. They'd either commit suicide or sit under a tree all day contemplating the futility of existence and increasingly losing the desire to do anything at all, which would preclude all the strides that's been made in medicine and technology which you an ungrateful entity enjoy constantly.

It's people that have the mentality of the OP that end up shooting schools and committing mass murder, because if life is useless, then why not assist in ending it quickly right?

Stop complaining and do the little you can to see that the world is better than you left it. Maybe that way, the future generation won't have cause to complain like you are doing.
1. The purpose of life is death.
2. You will not be aware of your future generations when you're dead. Why shortchange yourself for something you don't even know?
3. Nobody is mentally weak. This is just a popular generalization in Existentialism. Death is the end of all life and there is no difference between that man who's dead and you who'll die in the coming future.

Stop fooling yourself.

Last warning.

3 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by McBrooklyn(m): 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Papanwamaikpe: 1:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
plessis:
don't let anyone fool you. Life has no meaning.

We all die the same. Whether rich or poor or handicapped. We all die.... And those who have memories of us all die too.

Read the book of ecclesiastis in the Bible.

A particular verse said "everything we all do is chasing the wind".
This post made me shed tears.......

2 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
Op needs to talk to someone. You need to have a deep chat with someone close, if you can't take it all in again. I smell suicide!!! Please at every point in your life,don't be scared to ask for help...At some point we might need someone to rest and rely on dude but NEVER, EVER lose hope.
You are not a weakling. You are strong, so you have to look deep within you and use that strength...DON'T LOSE HOPE!!!
Some of us have come from very turbulent and difficult background and today, everything is under control and moving on great. I don't know what you are passing through dude but I can assure you that all will be fine.
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Maxvasia(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
From the comments i see so far, its obvious many people don't read posts from beginning to end. I thank u all for ur comments but i am not even capable of contemplating suicide, not to talk of being on the brink of. I am a very Successful Medical Doctor and i am from a very wealthy home so i have little or not problems at all. This is me taking an UNBIASED look at the world we are in and the attitude to life of human beings. What lies ahead of us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by sirBLUNT: 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
To be candid after reading what op wrote i don't even know what to say what is life? what is our life purpose?why are we here? who brought us here?

an old sagacious friend of mine once said "that the greatest thing that could ever happen to a man is to deprive him of his integrity and when he's saying the truth without evidence"

1 Like

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
[b] Op,you have been expecting too much. When you expect people to treat you right,expect things to go smoothly,expect life to be fair always then you are on your path to destruction.

In Life,i have grown to a stage where i always expect a twist! Yes, i've come to that stage where i see the wrong that might follow a right.I don't believe in fairy tales. Ive been called names, some shallow minded beings have left,while the sensible stay.. Some accuse me of being pessimistic, cerebral, insensitive etc I just laugh.. Some even say Im not open... Yeah because they hardly get me when they strike,i always have a back up plan.cheesy. But then almost all of those who left came back when reality hits them. Some learn the hard way.

Now, I'm not saying you should be grumpy,suspicious or be a sadist who sees no good in Life. What I'm saying is there should be a balance. Expect less and let some things come as surprises. Don't be discouraged or unhappy about how life is but be focused on how you want your life to be. When you cut little proportion of "life" for yourself ,you manage it better. Life is just to big,wide,and complex for one fellow to handle, cut a portion,and live it like you want.smiley
[/b]
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by chinedi7(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
What is the proof of our existence, if we can't remember anything from where we were before birth,and ain't sure of what we'll become after death

To me,we might just b in somebody's dream.

But to me all that one no matter sha,cos man mus make money o,i nor like shame at all
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by gaby(m): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2018
The story of my present life you just captured in your very thought provoking rant.

Woke up at 630am and did a stinker to family members i lived the better part of my life for.If i could show you the epistle i sent you'd think we were in each other's mind.They've been begging since yesterday because i touched a nerve obviously with the honest truth. You captured and mirrored my vents yesterday morning.

Thought provoking piece mate thumps up.

2 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by gaby(m): 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Maxvasia:
I am not a very expressive person but While sitting quietly in my office at work today, i began to reflect on life around us, and this is what my spirit tells me with a great measure of conviction which i wish to share with you all......

Suicide rates will multiply all over the world. Not because times are hard. Times were HARD during the World Wars and Great Economic recessions and depressions. The society is increasingly frivolous. People have no true friends. Because friends see themselves more as rivals. The race is measured by wealth and nothing else. Set backs are mourned as wasted lives by those who should give love and genuine support. So a troubled man becomes the butt of jokes by those in whom he has reposed his trust.

Calamities befall men and their friends shed tears of sympathy for them in the morning, but run them down and harm them ruthlessly at night. The man can't even tell his wife because he is sure she would show little or NO understanding at all, because in her heart is the hearth of the values that society upholds. He has seen her divulge little details to her family. He has heard her eulogise wealth and curse set backs as abomination. She has a little merry heart, while pretending to be oblivious of the realities her man has to face for which her powerful supporting and protective prayers and intuition were needed, to mediate strength and inspire confidence.

The pastor can't be trusted because he is given to flashy cars and worldly ambitions. He rates men by their earthly successes and wealth. He can't be trusted because wealth he says is the ultimate blessing from the Creator. Everyday he celebrates only the rich. The value of a man is measured, not by the quality of his being, but by the size of his pocket.

So the troubled man walks around with his troubles in his heart. One day, he would weigh it all over again, and say NO! It's enough!!

But then, when the slightly reflective one meditates on the purpose to all this, in his mind he bumps ever again against the common saying "to keep body and soul together and lead a respectable life". And again, one asks what is the essence of keeping body and soul together only to be driven along the course of sham and falsehood, to live a life in celebration of tinsel, to be honored and respected by clergies and temples who themselves have become slaves to materialism... a life born, moulded fashioned and forged in a BIG LIE!

No Truth, no genuineness... No Love! Everyone scrambles around in the dark, in ignorance, seeking to attain his goals at the expense of, and to the detriment of the other. So that even Marriages which should be guided by Love and Trust are deeply steeped in intrigue and selfish calculation, one working to outsmart the other in a senseless struggle for power and control. Egotism, selfishness and power lustfulness have become the lord and bane of all relationships, now collapsing on all sides. The expression "Marriages are made in Heaven" have become a hypocritical mockery cry of the Sublime Purity of He Who mercifully ordained it. People now twitch their noses at it because they no longer believe in it, though they profess it for the sake of it. Man has come to question the existence of Love, now on the brink of convincing himself that it does not exist in a world of realism, but only in the sanguine-idealistic consciousness of the dreaming mind.

And no one knows where nor how to find the origin of this scorge, this evil upon which all life around man on earth is founded. Hypocricy, selfishness, slavish materialism, power lustfulness and drunkenness,morbid sensuality, envy, greed, malice and hatred. Little wonder that this world seems on a slow march towards an ignominous collapse. And man still seeks to find solutions to the impending horror by striving even more vigorously into the same faults that gave birth to these evils. Many more will have to suffer, many more will have to die, dont ask me why (Bob Marley), for it is useless running to the prayer houses when the heart is seething with poison without any genuine desire to change.

Just a frank rant!

You can imagine when those who are supposed to be having your back are the ones subtly mocking you as the one without their warped idea of a real life without caring to know what you've been through or going through especially when you are one who doesn't give to much talking and explanations of what's going on with you.

Failed marriage...yeah...collapsed business yeah..things not as rosy as it used to and so frigging what? Didn't start with neither is it gonna end with me

I fucking made myself a sacrificial lamb for you guys to get a life. Financed y'all through school without doing so myself so don't go disrespecting or talking about me like someone who's un serious.

I vented seriously yesterday and copied everyone. Kapish

1 Like

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by gaby(m): 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
XML33:

Bro you sound intelligent and i respect your comment but i believe you could have given your submission without recourse to name calling op or outrightly insulting him that's pretty insensitive and and an arrogant attempt at showing off "my way and what i believe is the ultimate".

I didn't see where the op was preaching a resort to suicide in any part of his post,what i picked from his post was a rally for us to be more caring about one another and showing more love in the stead of what you seem to have potrayed in your comments,like suck it up and get along with the damn thing and if you are not as hard / successful as me,you are definitely a weakling or not doing it right. ( wrong notion to live by )

I will say your comments mirrors exactly the issues raised in op's post.If the Bill gates and other great philantropists of this world had this your reasoning,they won't see the less priviledged or afflicted and freely donate to ease their suffering.They could as well say where were they when i was being inventive and creative to be this rich.

You won't understand how far reaching a simple show of empathy and love can go in being the lil difference between transforming from the weakling you opined and a hardknock success like you.

After all the jargons above,what i am only trying to say is that we can't all be emotionless or heartless.The world will be without meaning.

My two pence. Love you bro

2 Likes

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
plessis:

U are right, but the truth is that u cease to exist as human once u take ur life which is a blessing in disguise

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Not A Lazy Young Nigerian (pic) / I Miss You Messages For Girlfriend And Romantic Miss You / Best Way To Last Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.