Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b (15184 Views)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by barrybanbi: 7:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Millz404:
Madness must be running in his brain... I go hustle open conpany then you go come tell me who to hire, fire or retain because you dey follow me pay their salary
Why not just work in all the departments by urself ? Inasmuch,u will need people to run your company, they have the right to b treated fairly

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Brightglory77: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2018
Millz404:
Madness must be running in his brain... I go hustle open conpany then you go come tell me who to hire, fire or retain because you dey follow me pay their salary
Be wise ,it's because of labour law is not effective in Nigeria that is why many coy are maltreating labours.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nathan2016: 7:45am On Mar 22, 2018
OMOTOWO:
It is my birthday brothers and sisters..please,show some love

You no go hustle. You dey look for strangers to show you love. Shebi you no no say love is costly

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Brightglory77: 7:45am On Mar 22, 2018
Brightglory77:
Be wise ,it's because of labour law is not effective in Nigeria that is why many coys are maltreating labours.

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Joshchi(m): 7:46am On Mar 22, 2018
Millz404:

Don't be foolish. If you disengage a worker based on tribal, religious, tribalist or marital discrimination then you'd face the law. Grounds for dismal are usually misconduct or company's downsizing

3 Likes

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by OMOTOWO(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2018
Nathan2016:

You no go hustle. You dey look for strangers to show you love. Shebi you no no say love is costly
I am in my office already bro..
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TMemos: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2018
agabusta:

No it was not stated on the first letters leaked on twitter. The latter letter in circulation with married as justification seems to be fake.

I guessed as much. Which sensible HR person would write marital status as the reason for disengagement?

In any case, an employer need not write or state the reason for terminating the employment of a staff. In the same vein, an employee need not give any reason for resigning his/her appointment.

I just this lawyer is not just wasting their time and money.

There is a better approach to this.

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Donwizbro(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2018
Chloe88:

your TV is fine
Seriously? only the TV is relevant. I got it.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TMemos: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2018
Joshchi:

If you disengage a worker based on tribal, religious, tribalist or marital discrimination then you'd face the law. Grounds for dismal are usually misconduct or company's downsizing

You are free to disengage an employee without giving any reason. But when you give a reason you must prove it.

You're right about not disengaging (the right word is not dismiss) an employee on discriminatory grounds.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2018
This lawyer daft sha
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by crafteck(m): 7:53am On Mar 22, 2018
OMOTOWO:
It is my birthday brothers and sisters.please,show some love

U sha wan show us 20 inch lcd tv... Smh... Hbd boss
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nathan2016: 7:57am On Mar 22, 2018
OMOTOWO:

Alright then. Happy Birthday

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by OMOTOWO(m): 7:58am On Mar 22, 2018
crafteck:

U sha wan show us 20 inch lcd tv... Smh... Hbd boss
thank u..I am not here to show anything bro..that's not 20 inches anyway
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by enonche85(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2018
Jozzy1063:
Glo no go pay dat kind moni

Glo will call for an out of court settlement because the number of evidence against them is too much for an unbiased judge to ignor.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by enonche85(m): 8:02am On Mar 22, 2018
So glo is not only wicked to their subscribers by giving poor network but also being wicked to their staffs as well?.

See what Buhari have caused

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 22, 2018
Chloe88:

your TV is fine
grin
Chloe88:

your TV is fine
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 22, 2018
OMOTOWO:
don't mind him he lacks the sence of reasoning HBD to you bro LLAP hope rice and stew is very plenty cus i'm coming over
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by OMOTOWO(m): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2018
alfseth:
don't mind him he lacks the sence of reasoning HBD to you bro LLAP hope rice and stew is very plenty cus i'm coming over
thank u brother..thanks so much ..RSVP
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 22, 2018
OMOTOWO:
It is my birthday brothers and sisters.please,show some love

I wonder how u want make i show you love, with likes? Naa you look matured, stop doing what a kid should do.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by OMOTOWO(m): 8:16am On Mar 22, 2018
udemzy101:

I wonder how u want make i show you love, with likes? Naa you look matured, stop doing what a kid should do.
thank u..no vex u hear?
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Xisnin(m): 8:18am On Mar 22, 2018
BabaO2:

Not necessarily, they will surely get something out of it.
I doubt they will get anything from Glo, since the employer of the said staff is an outsourcing company not Glo.

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 22, 2018
OMOTOWO:
thank u..no vex u hear?
grin I don hear.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by obowunmi(m): 8:21am On Mar 22, 2018
Workers dont have rights in Nigeria so good luck.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Heshei: 8:23am On Mar 22, 2018
It's amazing how workers get treated like slaves in their own country by their own people.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by RSVP: 8:30am On Mar 22, 2018
OMOTOWO:
thank u brother..thanks so much ..RSVP

Happy Birthday Bro... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by OMOTOWO(m): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2018
RSVP:

Happy Birthday Bro... cheesy grin

see coincidence o
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by enemmo(f): 8:54am On Mar 22, 2018
TMemos:

I guessed as much. Which sensible HR person would write marital status as the reason for disengagement?

In any case, an employer need not write or state the reason for terminating the employment of a staff. In the same vein, an employee need not give any reason for resigning his/her appointment.

I just this lawyer is not just wasting their time and money.

There is a better approach to this.

He is not o.

If he can prove majority of the laid off staff are married women, lobatan
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:56am On Mar 22, 2018
waste of time, most married women just gossip allday and ignore customers. some will be attending to their kids instead of customers that really upsets me!! ,glo won't even pay them 100million not to talk of 50b. You have no right to tell them not to sack you, they employed you in the first place when they find out that you're no longer productive they can get rid of you.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:57am On Mar 22, 2018
and we all knows the kind of connection adenuga weilds in this country, that case will be thrown out of court or judged biasely.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2018
they were even employed by Manpower LTD not even glo, lmao
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by tiger28: 9:18am On Mar 22, 2018
Nothing new here.....for those of us that know,its owner is the most narcissistic and misorgynistic man ever!!!An individual who isnt happy whenever a man is happy with his family.....one area that he is lacking. FACT!!!

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TMemos: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2018
enemmo:

He is not o.

If he can prove majority of the laid off staff are married women, lobatan

Even if he can prove that, it means nothing. Cases must be proved beyond reasonable doubts and not based on statistics which could be coincidental.

Another question is: why weren't all the married women in the company sacked?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / IGP Baba Alkali: No Female Police Officer Will Be Ejected From The Barracks / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.