Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,922 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b (15192 Views)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by enemmo(f): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2018
TMemos:

Even if he can prove that, it means nothing. Cases must be proved beyond reasonable doubts and not based on statistics which could be coincidental.

Another question is: why weren't all the married women in the company sacked?

The Lawyer should be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt...if he does his homework well. I am biased because when I was in telecoms there was news about shady practices at Globacom. And not all married women were affected but those in 'Glo World' aka Globacom shop.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 22, 2018
BabaO2:

Not necessarily, they will surely get something out of it.

They ain't getting nothing
No labour / industrial law in any jurisdiction can force an organisation to employ or retain an employee

Wait till this matter gets to court and the HR Personnel at GLOBAOM start unveiling reasons why they were fired and you'll know that they are just wasting their time with a hungry afonja lawyer angry
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by remi1444: 10:12am On Mar 22, 2018
TIDDOLL:
She needs Harvey spectre and Mike Ross and Louis Litt....
Nothing less undecided
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TIDDOLL(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=remi1444 post=66053648][/quote]Lmaoo...Louis the clown grin
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Lawalemi(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2018
jerflakes:

They will get Nada if globacom can prove that that letter is fake
The content of the letter might not be forged. Only that they are contract employees to Globacom. With that, they have a case
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Lawalemi(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2018
The details of other grounds are:

“The Claimants state that the employment processes of the Defendants were conducted in violation of the rights of the applicants to human dignity as often, shortlisted candidates after successful interviews with the Globacom Human Resources personnel’s were further made to face personal interview by the Chairman of the Globacom Dr. Mike Adenuga, where they were advised to look nice, make up well, wear push up bras, chest out, wear miniskirts, a well manicured nails and generally look sexy for the interview with the Chairman.

That is serious!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by TMemos: 10:24am On Mar 22, 2018
enemmo:

The Lawyer should be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt...if he does his homework well. I am biased because when I was in telecoms there was news about shady practices at Globacom. And not all married women were affected but those in 'Glo World' aka Globacom shop.

I love your admission of bias. But the two greatest cracks in the case are:

1. An employer doesn't have to state the reason for termination of appointment.

2. There are still married women in the company's employment. Don't be surprised that many of those married women would happily stand as witnesses against the plaintiffs. So how can you objectively establish a case of discrimination here?

I'll really like to know the outcome of this case. I'll like to know the plank of the lawyer's argument.

Some shady practices are immoral but not necessarily illegal. They are usually slippery to prove in court too. But I admit that they could be embarrassing for the employer whether or not they're convicted.

In any case, the shady practices are not the grounds for this suit.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Expl0rers: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2018
glo is just lying up and down

Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by remi1444: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2018
Louis na ma guyy oo... I heard thyve ended the series.
TIDDOLL:
Lmaoo...Louis the clown grin
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Papiikush: 10:45am On Mar 22, 2018
More fake news from lazy staff.

https://www.nairaland.com/4408475/globacom-denies-sacking-female-staff

This is the reality right here.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Mryacks: 11:02am On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=OMOTOWO post=66049218]It is my birthday brothers and sisters..please,show some love[/quote

Happy Birthday..
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by gistgirl0: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2018
Na wa oh. This thing about sacking only married women is not true but they've refused to drop it. It's not only 50b.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by Fynestboi: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
It is getting out of hand already. Seems some people were bribed to tarnish Globacom. Or how is sacking employees suddenly turned to a feminist shit?
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by techguy781: 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Lawsuit Useless case. Something that should have ended you're still dragging it.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by savvyfellow92: 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
At least we know the letter was forged. You people should go and sit down and leave law suit alone.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by toyosilawal12: 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2018
Story story. They've sacked you, move on. All this crying over spilt milk sef.
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by jashar(f): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
ALAYORMII:

What about Danny Crane??

Nah... I think this case is more up Alan Shore's territory...

grin grin grin
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by GidisFinest: 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
Waste of time... Mike will not pay 1 naira undecided
Re: Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b by ALAYORMII: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
jashar:

Nah... I think this case is more up Alan Shore's territory...

grin grin grin

Yeah

That guy's the bomb mhen

I just love him and his demeanor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / IGP Baba Alkali: No Female Police Officer Will Be Ejected From The Barracks / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.