Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

My Old Parents Are Still At War - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Old Parents Are Still At War (5755 Views)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / Dying In Shock! Never Knew That My Parents Are Not My Real Parents / My Parents Are Always Quarelling And Fighting What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by slap1(m): 5:50pm On May 05, 2010
Military love. Why dunt u guys giv it to ya old man if he fails 2 reason.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by BloodShed1: 5:52pm On May 05, 2010
Unless he's mentally ill he cant just be beating her for no reason, she must be provoking him somehow.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by saintchux(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2010
@Topic

It is so unfortunate and your feelings will be hurt. The worst part of it is that your brothers may grow up to believe that it is normal to beat a woman. Women should be protected whether it is your wife or not.

What you should do is this;

1. Talk to your mum and find out what she does that make you father beat her, let her know that it affect you and you really need her understanding in telling you the truth so that you know where you can help. Let her restrain from doing that thing just for one day, one week or one month.

2.If it does not work; Let one of your brother talk to your father man to man, informing him that his beating to your mother is disturbing you people. Let him find out what your mum does to him that make him beat her.

3. After that and there is no improvement, your father should have a friend that he respect, talk to that your fathers friend.

4. In still it persist, you should has a place of worship, talk to your religious head.

5. Then after that and it persist; u need a marriage counselor or consult me,
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by oildaemon: 6:36pm On May 05, 2010
33yrs of that maybe that is what is keeping them together
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 05, 2010
I honestly do not understand men who beat and punch their wives.

It is very obvious that they do not love these women. Then why did they marry them and won't let their wives go or do they enjoy the pain these women go through.

I could get insanely violent when Poo. hits the fan while dealing with another man, whether he is my size or bigger but i would never for any reason touch a woman.That is an oath i made to myself.

If a woman nerves and nags me incessantly, either she leaves the house or i do.

To Poster, save your mom now. My Papa, who is in his 70's actually slapped my mom in 2005 knowing that all the children are now dispersed but that was the greatest mistake he made in his life because as words reached my siblings all accross the world, everyone boarded the next available flight to Nigeria to kill that bastard.

You can imagine the fear in his eyes when all these hefty men and women were arriving because of that slap. I am the last of 8 children and i am 28 years now, so imagine how old the rest are and the fear they instilled in him.

He was immediately locked up for battery and was ordered not to be released even as my mom was moved to one of my big brother's house in another part of Enugu.

When he was later released after counless pleas by his kinsmen, he was ordered never to come close to Mama again.

All my siblings are either extremely successful in their careers or living comfortably in their respective countries and are always spoiling my Mama like crazy and he has been deserted by each and every one of us and he is now only living off measely pension.

So what i am trying to say is, if you the children do not protect your mom now and teach the old man a lesson, i fear for what might happen to your mom. Remember she is getting old.

If she has been recieving all these slaps for the long duration of her married life, then it is only right to say that she is expecting support from you the children, now that you are all old and capable.

Do not let her down.

1 Like

Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 05, 2010
@ poster
you r an adult,working and married so i see no reason why u cant get your mom away from your dad.dont u know she is going thru emotional truama due to all dats happening.pls take your mom away as soon as possible so u wunt lose her.she endured everything for long because of u and your siblings.she dint want u to go thru the pains of a step-mother.i was young and helpless (i was in secondary school and boarding) in my time so i culdnt do much and ended up losing my mother.pls act fast.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by joshO: 6:54pm On May 05, 2010
He was immediately locked up for battery and was ordered not to be released even as my mom was moved to one of my big brother's house in another part of Enugu.

When he was later released after counless pleas by his kinsmen, he was ordered never to come close to Mama again.

All my siblings are either extremely successful in their careers or living comfortably in their respective countries and are always spoiling my Mama like crazy and he has been deserted by each and every one of us and he is now only living off measely pension

Bros, this action's a little harsh in my opinion. Yes, your father's behaviour's inexcusable and must be condemed in very strong terms.  Domestic violence should never be tolerated. But locking him up, depriving him on an ongoing basis may be hard to justify. It's likely that he now recognizes the errors of his ways.  Bring him close, pursue and promote forgiveness / togetherness between both of them. After all said and done, we need to honour our parents the best we can.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Akosbaba(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2010
The best way to stop this is finding another shelter 4 one of them cos after 33 yrs and still no change,then there is never going to be any changes.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Akosbaba(m): 7:07pm On May 05, 2010
The best way to stop this is finding another shelter 4 one of them cos after 33 yrs and still no change,then there is never going to be any changes.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 05, 2010
i laugh in nairaland, pia pia pia pia pia pia grin grin grin grin very funny thread
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by member479760: 8:15pm On May 05, 2010
You need to separate the two, I hope they are not having joint investment like house that might cause more issues during this process.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:30pm On May 05, 2010
this is a joke.at that age.maybe you people should separate them.maybe you should take your mum to your house and your dad to stay in the house
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by YoxArdor1: 8:33pm On May 05, 2010
Issues of this nature should in no way be played with. The solution is to take your mum out of that house with immediate effect. We don't care whether or not he loves her enough to be sober and what her back, we just want mommy to live as long as possible.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Kilode1: 8:56pm On May 05, 2010
Medlabgirl:

Why did the auto/correct change the word r*a*p.e to despoil? just doesn't work grammatically.

I feel your pain, Welcome to Nairaland grin
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by ibabalol: 9:01pm On May 05, 2010
bitch slapping her may be the secrete recipe
for their relationship lasting this long
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by nosalinus: 10:45pm On May 05, 2010
Saparate them and take ur mother to ur house, u surely post another thread on ur wife and ur mother, believe ur man a enough, if u are, this is ur cross stand up and lift it, to solve this problem is within ur reach pls.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by chidexy(m): 10:52pm On May 05, 2010
@ poster, you never told us what and who started off the latest bout of quarreling. Could it be that you Mom knows that your dad has a bad temper and doesn't take words lightly, and sets him off that way? Taking your mother out of his house will never solve the problem. If you are in your 30s (I assumed so, since they've been married for 33 years) and you still doesn't command the respect of your father (parents), then something is wrong with you.

I can't imagine most parents using abusive words on their spouses if their 18 year old child is there, talk less of a 30+ male adult
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by MsTom(f): 12:42am On May 06, 2010
It is so sad that this is still going on after years of marriage. I bet you mum hung in there because of the the kids (you guys). Nevertheless, You need to talk to your dad to stop that violence. You are all grown up and you should be able to talk to him as an adult. He needs to respect her now even if he never did before. Both of them are getting old and they would need each other at old age. If that does not work, I would advice you to get your mum out of the area and let her stay with you for a while. She needs to live to see her children succeed in life and to see her children's children. If she dies from such depression or from the violence, your father will marry another woman before you say jack robinson. Your mother took care of you. Take care of her now!
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by micpet(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2010
am sorry abt dat.But hav people tryin talking to them
to really findout wat is d problem is,if u hav nt done dat pls
try and do dat.talk 2 them,talk 2 ur father n let see wat wil happen
pls pray b4 doin it.I kw God wil do someting.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by MrCartha: 9:19am On May 06, 2010
There's one place @ Yaba called the psychiatric home, SEND HIM THERE!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Bertbert: 9:59am On May 06, 2010
If at this their age they still fight, Infact they need serious spiritual deliverance(S.S.D) and this will be done by a serious man of God. grin
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by KIDIKENYI: 10:34am On May 06, 2010
Two things are involved. (1) your father must be a drunkard or mentally retarded or both (2) your mother must be the nagging type that does not allow sleeping dog lay or she must be hiding something that the man already know. 33 years of marriage is enough for even a mad man or woman to get heal or become so use to his /her madness. Is a pity you are going through the sharmful act from your parent and please be careful with your own family.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by MrCartha: 10:37am On May 06, 2010
KIDI KENYI:

Two things are involved. (1) your father must be a drunkard or mentally retarded or both (2) your mother must be the nagging type that does not allow sleeping dog lay or she must be hiding something that the man already know. 33 years of marriage is enough for even a mad man or woman to get heal or become so use to his /her madness. Is a pity you are going through the sharmful act from your parent and please be careful with your own family.

Gbam!!! Dis na true talk. Na ur father truely born u and ur mama na witness grin grin grin
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by legba1(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2010
@ poster sorry to tell you that u guys been sleeping all along.ma dad used to be and i gave it to him in my 3rd yr in university.he was suprised by my action and he called me aside and promised never to do such again.talk to him else he'll kill ur mum before her time.then if that fails to work,take her away.act fast to help the old woman,she must have endured all this year because of u guys.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by freshera: 11:21am On May 06, 2010
You all are blaming the man. What he's doing is extremely bad but the poster needs to find out the reason why he's doing it. It might be that the woman annoys him excessively. That said, @poster PLS TAKE YOUR MOTHER AS FAR AWAY FROM HIM AS POSSIBLE, DON'T LET HER DIE A DEATH THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.

Then you can talk to your father and try to counsel him. I think your mum should stay away from him for life and try to live AN ESTEEMED life for the reminder of her life. Please your father may be wrong but please DON'T DISRESPECT HIM.
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by BIDEEN: 11:30am On May 06, 2010
[color=#006600][/color] and who is the moderator, are there rules for the fight? whats the prize for the champion
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by malaika(f): 12:08pm On May 06, 2010
::
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 06, 2010
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by bisiaet: 1:37pm On May 06, 2010
I can understand what you are all going through, it is so shameful indeed that a man of that age still beat his wife this is sad and horrible, anyway all I could say is that just take your mum away from him for a long while because as he grow to that age and still belief in beating woman then something is seriously wrong pls take your mum away from him quick. God bless

1 Like

Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by slap1(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2010
odiaero:

i laugh in nairaland, pia pia pia pia pia pia grin grin grin grin very funny thread
So this is funny, huh?
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by IgboGirl(f): 3:27pm On May 06, 2010
At the age u and ur siblings are (married with kids) and u all still can't stand up to ur father? What are u ppl waiting for? When he finally sends her to her grave early? U all shd be ashamed for letting ur mom go thru that for 33 yrs. I guess u and ur siblings are afraid that ur father might whoop ur a$$ as well? smh! U all shd have intervened long time ago!
Re: My Old Parents Are Still At War by LETDEMSAY(f): 4:39pm On May 06, 2010
@mamagee, i still think u belong to d stone age, cnt beliv som1 calling up for an advise ova a biting issue n u r there making jest, @ poster let ALL d children hold a meeting with ur parent threatening to stop coming around until the turn a nu leaf, morso let mum go on a break

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Wants To Be A Housewife? / She Denied Me Of Sex / Bank Account For Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.