Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

How Did You Make Your First Million? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did You Make Your First Million? (5537 Views)

What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Make Your First Million? by Outfinity(m): 7:28am On Mar 22, 2018
Hello everyone.

I've often heard the phrase "I made my first million by..."
People can make their first million in different ways: through savings, business profits, inheritance, salaries, investment pay outs, service rendition, willful giving, fraud and so on....

I would like us to share opinions on how we made it (if we have) or how we intend to make it (if we are yet to) so we can all learn and help others.... Pls provide also a time-line as in my case below.

For me, it was a combination of saving my salary for 14 months and interest from fixed deposits on my savings and other small small cash gifts from little services I rendered.

Over to you.... Yes. You!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by ikorodureporta: 8:40am On Mar 22, 2018
How many of joblanders don make millions? Wey u for say thousands, like hundred thousand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Jethrolite(m): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2018
Please create a new thread in business section. Most people that work for others especially in this country see N1m only in their dreams, some can not even dream it, they live from month to month.

Front page will also help you.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2018
hmmm..it was a dream come true...the feeling, the surprise n the euphoria..after hitting N321,000 with N50 on nairabet, then the first million came on May 31 2014 with the Spanish Segundo league second to the last game of the season n I stake with N150 and won N1,212,000
that first million catapute or elevated me to my present level n I thank jehavoh...cheers

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Jethrolite(m): 9:03am On Mar 22, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
hmmm..it was a dream come true...the feeling, the surprise n the euphoria..after hitting N321,000 with N50 on nairabet, then the first million came on May 31 2014 with the Spanish Segundo league second to the last game of the season n I stake with N150 and won N1,212,000
that first million captapute to to my present level n I thank jehavoh...cheers
What did you do with the money that catapulted you to your current level because all the punters who made millions that I know are back to zero. From betting with N200 they moved to N30k per bet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by klassd(m): 9:03am On Mar 22, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
that first million captapute to to my present level n I thank jehavoh...cheers

Bros of you are still staking, biko send me booking
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:09am On Mar 22, 2018
Jethrolite:
What did you do with the money that catapulted you to your current level because all the punters who made millions that I know are back to zero. From betting with N200 they moved to N30k per bet.

I already had a business centre on campus at uniport, already bought a land while still in school then, so I knw what I wanted n got rolling....I started my house, got married that year in December and learn about web hosting n blogging....today I make money from my blogs....five in number...check www.valentine202.com, www.efficiencyview.com, www.classicnewsngr.com, www.nekishinfo.com etc. though i still stake but in less odds n few naira....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Outfinity(m): 9:23am On Mar 22, 2018
ikorodureporta:
How many of joblanders don make millions? Wey u for say thousands, like hundred thousand

Well as a reporter I believe you are, you could at least read the content of the post again and comprehend better. And really please Job/Vacancies section of Nairaland is not for only broke, unemployed people as your post insinuated; recruiters and well-placed, employed individuals use this platform as well.

Thanks for posting by the way.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Outfinity(m): 9:25am On Mar 22, 2018
Jethrolite:
Please create a new thread in business section. Most people that work for others especially in this country see N1m only in their dreams, some can not even dream it, they live from month to month.

Front page will also help you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that in business section too. It's just that you only get responses related to business and we are all not into businesses.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Jethrolite(m): 9:26am On Mar 22, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

I already had a business centre on campus at uniport, already bought a land while still in school then, so I knw what I wanted n got rolling....I started my house, got married that year in December and learn about web hosting n blogging....today I make money from my blogs....five in number...check www.valentine202.com, www.efficiencyview.com, www.classicnewsngr.com, www.nekishinfo.com etc. though i still stake but in less odds n few naira....
Wow, you're among the smart few. With so little money you achieved so much. I've seen winner of N20m who is still in rented apartment and broke.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Jethrolite(m): 9:26am On Mar 22, 2018
Outfinity:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that in business section too. It's just that you only get responses related to business and we are all not into businesses.
Lalasticlala please help.
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by niyol(f): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2018
How i Made my first million, that came from selling snacks after my high school, but latter joined a company which i got online from hot uganda jobs https://www.hotugandajobs.com/jobs/category/banking-jobs-in-uganda/ which offered me a banking job. it was one step after the other.
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Outfinity(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

You have done well for yourself. But pls limit gambling as you now have all these income making ventures. All the best bro.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Outfinity(m): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2018
niyol:
How i Made my first million, that came from selling snacks after my high school, but latter joined a company which i got online from hot uganda jobs https://www.hotugandajobs.com/jobs/category/banking-jobs-in-uganda/ which offered me a banking job. it was one step after the other.

Wow....selling snacks for how long? Nice story waiting to be fully told.
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
ikorodureporta:
You may not have crossed many but there are.

Please check our signature below.
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Ugosample(m): 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
Jethrolite:
Wow, you're among the smart few. With so little money you achieved so much. I've seen winner of N20m who is still in rented apartment and broke.

you don't mean it shocked

you mean the person has no one to advise him?
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Tony142: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

wow, congratulation sir, pls how much does it cost u to build that house? I wanna buy a land next year, just want to know, thanks
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by sircrabo: 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

Pls I will be launching a blog soon, what advice do you have for me on Monetization.

Do I go with adsense or affiliate?

If affiliate, which would you reommend for me. Amazon, clickbank, Jvzoo?

Pls reply
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
Well I made my first million from the ideas I got from success digest news paper back then,I sold lots of information products online like,dog bite treatment, How to make money with online surveys,click bank secrets,mini importation.Later I started holding seminars at different states in Nigeria and Ghana by this time I have earned enough money which I used to get 4 plots of land .Later on I moved into selling on international sites like Amazon, this business was like an internet cash cow for me....this year I am thinking of diversifying into other areas like real estate..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2019
sircrabo:

Pls I will be launching a blog soon, what advice do you have for me on Monetization.

Do I go with adsense or affiliate?

If affiliate, which would you reommend for me. Amazon, clickbank, Jvzoo?

Pls reply
you can use both if you like but i prefer adsense. .....if you want to use affiliate, then it was be Amazon

cheers
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by edidiongmichael(m): 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2019
I used a political cafa. Went to meet with the former md/ceo NDDC and he gave me N2m.
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by timnarogcy1(f): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
Outfinity:

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by timnarogcy1(f): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2021
Am yet to make mine ooooo. But I want to make mine. I read the rules they said don't ask for contact please rules maker contact me I need a number of a direct okrika bales importer so that I can start from there. I believe my 1st million will come from there. Please it must be a direct importer ooooo. Send to my contact: 08090997959
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Johnne32(m): 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
Yet to make my first million but I plan on getting there this year through freelancing. Already made about 600k....remaining 400k.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by fanjugu: 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
Johnne32:
Yet to make my first million but I plan on getting there this year through freelancing. Already made about 600k....remaining 400k.
what do u do?
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Johnne32(m): 6:49am On Jun 13, 2021
fanjugu:
what do u do?

I do freelance writing on Upwork.
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Blessed3030(m): 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
Johnne32:

I do freelance writing on Upwork.
please can I know about freelance?
I will appreciate it if u can reach me via WhatsApp at number at signature
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by JFiveX: 1:55am On Jun 14, 2021
Johnne32:

please, can you guide me
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Johnne32(m): 8:11am On Jun 14, 2021
JFiveX:
please, can you guide me

Send me a WhatsApp DM. Number is in my signature
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Johnne32(m): 8:11am On Jun 14, 2021
Blessed3030:
please can I know about freelance?
I will appreciate it if u can reach me via WhatsApp at number at signature

Send me a WhatsApp DM, Number is in my signature.
Re: How Did You Make Your First Million? by Daddyxyz: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2021
Please johnne32 i can see ur whatsapp number on ur signature pls and super interested in copy writing this is my whatsapp number 08077411532 i really need this pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Online Food And Grocery Delivery Startups In Nigeria / Which Bank Is The Best And Most Friendly To A Business That's Just Starting / EFCC Didn't Visit Or Raid Our Office - BUA Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.