Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Why We Should Openly Talk About A Certain 'mysterious' Aspect Of Reality - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why We Should Openly Talk About A Certain 'mysterious' Aspect Of Reality (648 Views)

‘Mysterious’ Cloth That Fell From The Sky In Ondo: The Truth (Photos) / The Mysterious Cave Of Ashes (Isarun) In Ondo State (Video, Pictures) / Ooni Announces Discovery Of “mysterious Waterfall” In Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Should Openly Talk About A Certain 'mysterious' Aspect Of Reality by arneschu: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2018
"The physical world mirrors or somehow targets content of my mind."

https://www.facebook.com/Peter-Pollock-354598678381184/

My public FB Page (including a 'feedback compilation' with forum discussions) puts forward an argument why we should cultivate the habit of openly talking about these phenomena.
Re: Why We Should Openly Talk About A Certain 'mysterious' Aspect Of Reality by arneschu: 7:12am On Mar 28, 2018
"The physical world mirrors or somehow targets content of my mind."

This might include for instance sound effects being synchronized with your thoughts or worries when you're listening to music, or scenes in movies / TV shows being somewhat synchronized with your thoughts or worries. It could also include other people verbalising or addressing your thoughts or worries unintentionally, in such a way that it seriously raises questions about the relation of mental and physical properties. Some people probably just accept that these phenomena exist, without really wondering about them. I think the reasons to deliberately not talk about these phenomena or this aspect of reality, on the other hand, are quite obvious: at least some people seem to assume that talking about these phenomena is in direct opposition to helping others psychologically. Last but not least from personal experience, I argue that this is not the case, and talking about these phenomena can actually be a 'shortcut' to mental health, and eventually to sociocultural improvements.

(1) (Reply)

Jukun Language Tutor / Giving Honour To Whom It Is Due, The Engr. Uche Okoli Exemplification. / Happy New Year Ethiopia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.