Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North (3332 Views)

6 Reasons Every Muslim Should Learn Computer Programming / 6 Reasons Students Fail Examination Despite Studying / "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by femi4: 6:11am On Mar 23, 2018
christejames:
You just scribbled down a fallacious article. I can tell you from experience that the north is among the best regions to serve, safe for some skirmishes here and there which is not even peculiar to the region alone. I would say it's the best place to serve.

How many southern states indegines still respect corps members? but here in the north once they get to know that you are a corp member and also from South (especially east), you will be regarded in high esteem. The people here are nice, don't listen to the picture the media or stereotypes the southerners have for them. Things are cheap here for real, even house rent. So forget that negative notion you have been nursing for them.

They are hospitable but like everywhere else, BE CAUTIOUS!
You sound confused anyway
Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 23, 2018
Mr OP, u've nt done well. u make it seem as though d north is doomed.... d west, east and south are nobody's haven neither.. have u 4gotten about kidnapping, raping, cultism, ritualism, armed robbery..? plus high cost of living.. plus d north is not lacking in opportunities...
Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 23, 2018
anyway, everyone is entitle to their own opinions

Anyways, let me make your day a bit less sad by showing you a little beauty

my people come see fine pikin, click on the link below to reveal a pretty little girl,

https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5-top-500/entry?id=389725

if you agree she is beautiful please click vote
abeg share with your family and friends
God bless
RYANation

Click o,
you better vote grin
Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by iamawara(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2018
Lol, am a nrtherner serving in the south south, dont blame the OP poo never visited any part of the North, i have seen thousands of u here, people that cant differenciate btwn the North East and North west, they cant even tell u where some Northern states are, i believe a sensible person can never use his precious time to fabricate what u just wrote. I have seen thousands of corp member who never want to return back to the east and south south after NYSC, most of them are teachers having no option than to take the teaching job u underate, nothing like job opprtunity here. U people are dead
Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by DrObed: 8:47am On Mar 27, 2018
Serving in the north is actually cool. Www.naijayouthsarena.com surveyed some of the states based on that, you can check it out.

Not every state is a bad as is painted.
Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by encryptjay(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
Quite bias though.
You should be specific about your claims instead of running around circles.
Food stuff is cheap compared to other places and same applies to accommodation.
I would love to go South for exposure though; it's pertinent you learn other people's culture at some point.
Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by LordScent(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mightyify:

I served in the North too... you seems to care so much about respect compared to your well-being and future. I still maintain that north is the least place to serve. How could you say north is the best place to serve? How many people pay to be posted to the North? The only thing cheap in the North is cow meat and tomatoes.... because they produce it there. House rent is only cheap in the villagers.... which you may not even like. Ibadan, owerri, uyo, enugu, anambra, aba, ado ekiti, calabar, asaba, umuahia, warri, ogun, etc these towns are far better than any state in the North.... when it comes to NYSC

Thats an unfair comparison. A typical house rent for 3 bedroom flat in the modern nassarawa GRA is still cheaper than same 3bedroom in IKEJA not to even talk of Island. Like i said in my post, as a corp member it may be difficult to see the cheapness in all of these because of the very limited resources available but the fact remains that on the average, cost of living is cheaper than the west.
Re: NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by Mightyify(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
If you're from the SOUTH and you got posted to KANO, congratulations! You have been scammed. You're going to undergo several brainwashing in camp to convince you not to relocate but please Run.

But, If you refusedyou're going to regret it. At least I have done my part. You're better off serving in any other region of the country than North.

Why should you run from Kano?? State state don't pay a dime. Most PPA don't pay a kobo. There's zero social activities. Because of shortage of teachers in the rural areas you're most likely to be posted there.

The weather is unbelievably Harsh ( you no go fresh, I promise you). There's no good water both drinking and bathing in most LGA if not all. Foodstuffs are not cheap, indomie and mudu's of rice, beans and garri still sells same price as in most States in Nigeria.

I won't gain anything by typing all these just to deceive you or lie. I also advise other people from other Northern States and Western States to look for any other states to serve if they want to have a wonderful and memorable Nysc experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Some Students Try To Seduce Wrong Lecturer / Head Teacher Reveals Three Girls Are Fighting Over Wizkid’s Son, Boluwatife / Anambra State Girl, Okonkwo Mmesoma Wins Award For IGCSE World Best In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.