Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North (784 Views)

Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North / Should I Serve In Zamfara Or Redeploy? / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by Mightyify(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2018
NYSC: Six (6) Reasons why you should not serve in the North

If you want to have a wonderful service year, learn some skills, have fun and have an opportunity of landing yourself a good job, Core northern states should be last in your list.

No.1==Lack of Good PPAs:-

Due to shortage of qualified teachers in the North, 95% of corpers are deployed to schools with most of these schools located in the rural areas. This means onces you are posted to the North, there is a good chances of you ending up in one of these villages except you bribe some Nysc officials in camp to be posted to town.

No.2= Things are not as cheap as you they told you:-

Yes! The only thing you can buy cheap here is foodstuffs like cow meat, tomatoes etc. Every other thing goes almost same price you would get it in other states, except those things that are predominantly produced in the North. Don't fall for the scam things are cheap here, it's just a format to get people to serve here.

No.3=Having another source of Income apart from your alawee is difficult:-

I have read tales where corpers organized private lessons and venture in other business to augment income but that's very hard in the North due to their attitude towards education, nobody might patronize you if you organize private lessons and most private schools in the City already have extra moral classes included in their school activities.

No.4=Insecurity:-

Most Northern States are underpoliced! There are no enough presence of police and other security agents to protect you incase of any crisis. This is why there are lots casualties recorded anytime crisis broke out. Anybody who served in the village in any northern states can attest to this, you rarely see policemen unlike what we have in the south.

No.5=Accommodation Problem:-

Most Schools and ministries have no accommodation for you once you're posted to the Capital cities of Northern States. Yes! Same problem that's also being suffered by corpers serving in Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt. A good self contained apartment in Kano City is rented almost same amount with the ones in Ibadan, addo ekiti, calabar, Enugu, Uyo , owerri etc. Note: If you're posted to the village, you will be provided with accommodation.

No.6=Less hope of getting ratained in your PPA:-

This one needs no explanation since you are most likely to be posted to the village, you will get tired of the place before your POP, so retaining you is out of the picture even if they do, you will gladly reject the offer.

Note: These are my personal opinions and observations, I also agree that serving in the North is not entirely a bad idea because there's also some good stuff here. This is to guide perspective corp members to make the right choice. Thanks

Cc: Seun

Lalasticlala mynd44 yokiti CrazyMan Ogbeche77
Re: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North by Kingsley1000(m): 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
NICE ONE

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Want To Go For Nysc Now. Please Advice Me / Govt Increases Allowance Of Corps Members / Batch C Stream 2: Mobilization Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.