Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,969 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Ondo Com Of Information: Mimiko Politicized Education By Not Increasing Sch Fee - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ondo Com Of Information: Mimiko Politicized Education By Not Increasing Sch Fee (366 Views)

Introducing The Nigerian Quadrilingual Chess Education By Jawolusi Oluwaseun / No Be Say I Nor Go Pay O-little Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For Owing Sch Fee / Press Release From AAUA Students Union On Purported Hike In Sch Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Com Of Information: Mimiko Politicized Education By Not Increasing Sch Fee by Macdan20(m): 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
SQUARE PEGS IN ROUND HOLES!!!

"When you have people of no identity and integrity at the helms of affairs, then you are heading to destruction"

Some few minutes ago, a commissioner namely Yemi Olowolabi (Ministry of Information &
Orientation). under this present government in Ondo state was live on Adaba FM Akure, trying to justify the inhuman intention to increase the tuition fee of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko.

At first, I was not surprised at their defence because you don't bit a finger that feeds you. But I feel concerned to deduce that these people know nothing about our tertiary institutions. For heavens sake when did AAUA started engineering courses? I shocked to hear when the commissioner said it is not justifiable when you pay #150,000 studying Engineering in OSUSTECH and pay #35,000 to study same engineering in AAUA. It obviously show how knowledgeable they are about our institutions lol.

It is crystal clear that there is no valid justification for the purported increment. From the program, I learnt something. It was made obvious that some of those in government who probably have one or two persons in other tertiary institutions in the state are the ones pushing for a rise in the tuition fee of AAUA. This further show how myopic minded these people are!

I must commend the anchor of that program for saying the truth and saying the mind of the people. She asked critical questions that these fellows could not give any acceptable and logical answers to. All they could do was to remind her she was a journalist. She pointed it to them straight up that any form of increment at this present time is wicked and callous.
They didn't want her to talk or ask questions. They accused the previous government of *POLITICING OUR EDUCATION* and I felt like, what 'do you mean exactly'? he accused the previous administration that it was because it was the brother to the governor who was the vice chancellor in AAUA that all those things were done. he said the economy is bad, therefore the reason for the increment.

I dare to challenge them to publicly tell us how much they earn as commissioners and when last they were paid! Their allowances alone are more than what some civil servants earn in a year. They receive their salaries as and when due.
How would they know the plight of the people when they don't use their money to buy anything. Had it been the case that they go market with their salary to buy garri, rice, beans and other stuffs, they would know how to publicly air out opinions. They would have learnt to economise their words.
But wait o, what has really come over these people? Many of them have humble backgrounds, have they suddenly forgotten how it feels? The presenter reminded him ondo state is majorly dominated by civil servants but this met no attention from him as he waved and brushed the question aside. he was giving an analogy that gospel is free but you have to buy Bible. He said education is our right, but you must pay for it. "Se e ngboro lenu eye"?

To worsen the situation, the said the increment lies in the hands of the governing council. It was at that point I got the game. They chose Dr. Tunji Abayomi because " omo INA laa ran si Ina ". The man too could not detect this.

Yesterday in the so called PTA meeting, the pro chancellor said he would get the comments back to the governor because it is him who has the final say. Now our commissioners said it lies in the hands of the management and the council. Who is fooling who?
By now these people should know any increment will be outrightly rejected. We will resist any form of increment.
They made reference to the fact that no state owned university payas low as we pay in AAUA, therefore it must be increased. He said in EKSU, they pay #100,000 for acceptance fee. Thank God the presenter made it clear that was not correct.
Every day, each episode of the drama keep evolving. We keep hearing and seeing new scenes.
It is a huge shame that this government is playing politics with out future. You want to give us weak education so that you will continue to rile right? You don't want to give us sound education so we won't challenge you in future right? That plan has failed! We will demand for what is ours and we will get it!
If I may ask, can your children be at home for more than three months without going to school? Will this meet your admiration and commendation? All your children are in private schools, no wonder you are stone-hearted.
You cannot put some unnecessary spendings on hold and improve the level of education in the state?
You all go about associating yourselves pa Awolowo, pa Ajasin and a host of others, why are deviating from their standards? Why do you want to destroy their legacies? Well, just like a parent said yesterday, "oba to he to ilu roju, oruko e o no pare, oba to run he, to ilu daru, ao ni gbagbe iru win naa..."

I made bold to say this government lacks the will power to move this state forward in terms of education.

In the first place, what is the prioirty of this government? You keep blaming and blaming the previous administration, painting yourselves good, well, may I remind you that you won't be there forever? Not even beyond four years. Our PVCs and intact and ready.
A whole commissioner for information misleading the citizens, what a slap in himanity! We keep our fingers crossed and await the official release of the increment that will be "affordable to meet the present day realities" if we won't reject it outrightly.

I'm'SEYIFUNMI FRANCIS ADEOSUN, my silence has not protected me, yours will not.
Re: Ondo Com Of Information: Mimiko Politicized Education By Not Increasing Sch Fee by Macdan20(m): 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
cc: olawalebabs , Fynestboi , Richiez)

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Ur Help Fellow Nairalander / Help Your Fellow Brothers Thread / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.