Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year (15488 Views)

BBNaija: I’ve Had Sugar Daddies In Nigeria – Angel / What's The Best Nigerian Movie You've Ever Watched? / BBNaija: CeeC "Other Housemates Were Drinking, Thinking I’ve Been Evicted" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by salaboiz(m): 8:29am On Mar 25, 2018
#Team Rahama sadau
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by kingchris30(m): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2018
is nice series, I just hope most youth willncatch the message they are passing rather than being carried away by the fun part of it
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 25, 2018
This series can cut someone's heart especially if you don't know your HIV status yet... tongue

1 Like

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 25, 2018
MrBigiman:

How sensible are these statement of yours? Anyone concerning himself with the problems you stated up there would be long dead. Even the present government cares less about them.

Hmmm did you think before typing.thie nonsense?

What you are actually saying is let's not think of how to fix our problems as the stress is too.much and will cause high BP?
So.we.should.wait for God.to.fix our.problems.and instead focus on.mtv shuga
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by toluxe0075: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2018
hotplate:
any link where I can download the episodes?
It's on YouTube, search for MTV shuga.
Most of the people seeing shuga are seeing it for the beautiful and handsome faces and the portrayal of romantic relationships. Only few see it for the messages it's trying to pass across. I could remember hearing some ladies describe shuga as a very romantic series rather than sex education series.
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:47am On Mar 25, 2018
One of the shows I love on MTN. Watched it once and I fell in love with it. RidiculousNess is another crazy show. That guy that hosts RidiculousNess is on a different level of highness. He's loaded or better put, mad.

1 Like

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by biacan(f): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Do you think anyone cares? With all the myrad issues plaguing our dear country you think it's MTV shuga Nigerians are concerned about ? Are you kidding.me ?

From.fulani herds men to dapchi girls , poor economy, no power supply, insecurity etc and you in is to post article on MTV shuga?

I think you are a basket case
Sadist go get a life

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by MrBigiman: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

What you are actually saying is let's not think of how to fix our problems as the stress is too.much and will cause high BP?
So.we.should.wait for God.to.fix our.problems.and instead focus on.mtv shuga

I've switched off the news stations for a year now and I've been better and healthier for it. It's time u did the same. I only heard people talking about Dapchi girls and I wished them luck, but never engrossed myself with it. That's one of the secret of living a long life.
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by skallion7(m): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Do you think anyone cares? With all the myrad issues plaguing our dear country you think it's MTV shuga Nigerians are concerned about ? Are you kidding.me ?

From.fulani herds men to dapchi girls , poor economy, no power supply, insecurity etc and you in is to post article on MTV shuga?

I think you are a basket case
Hogwash!
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Superman94(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2018
hotplate:
any link where I can download the episodes?

Netnaija dotcom

1 Like

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 25, 2018
I still prefer tinsel and its casts with their fake accents and nice hairs.
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by khalhokage(m): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2018
SHUGA Naija has always been good.
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by skyfaze(m): 10:17am On Mar 25, 2018
noupzy:
looking for someone that has good American accent for a job contact me ASAP jchats@yahoo.com

Contact Anto of BBNaija...she is looking for a job
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by safarigirl(f): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2018
I find the series a bit too much. Had to go about asking people who just graduated Secondary School if this is how they go about sex talk, because when I was in Secondary School, we didn't talk about sex in this manner

I think I Need To Know was a far more subtle, but effective look at sex education for adolescents than Shuga. Shuga is a gathering of good looking people and the message is usually lost on those it is supposed to be for

4 Likes

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:39am On Mar 25, 2018
Superman94:

Netnaija dotcom

Great. Thanks. cheesy

1 Like

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Yonce(f): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2018
safarigirl:
I find the series a bit too much. Had to go about asking people who just graduated Secondary School if this is how they go about sex talk, because when I was in Secondary School, we didn't talk about sex in this manner

I think I Need To Know was a far more subtle, but effective look at sex education for adolescents than Shuga. Shuga is a gathering of good looking people and the message is usually lost on those it is supposed to be for

This is exactly how the Secondary school students today talk about sex. They're far more exposed now than we used to be, we were more exposed back then than our parents and the exposition is even going to get "worse" thanks to our ever decaying society.

I Need to Know was perfect for the time and generation it catered for because sex education was more subtle back then. . . Shuga is actually doing a great job. Especially with the inclusion of a proper secondary school setting and teenage girls who think they know everything but are actually clueless.

Best season of Shuga since season 1 and 2

1 Like

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Ignyte(m): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2018
Guy, check out YOLO it's a Ghanaian series I was introduced to, it revolves around the same thing Shuga does... You'll love it!
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by enemmo(f): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
Of course they would have good actors, the auditions were rigorous and ' them no look face'. They almost ruined season 3 with some funny acting, plenty hype.

I like Shawn Faqua too, he is under rated.
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by bashribb(m): 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
Any website where i can download the series?
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by stieyven(m): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
Papiikush:
True.

From the storyline to the actors... Any sane person will choose this over that God forsaken Jennifer's diary
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. Exodus 20 :7
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
biacan:
Sadist go get a life

shutup and go to the kitchen and make eba for me, men are talking
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Lakeshizu(m): 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
safarigirl:

Time has changed... This series portrays alot.
Bullying
Gambling
Science students
Peadopile
Hustling
Sugar daddies
Slay queens
Nudity.... She actually sent out her naked pics to impress a guy.....
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Lakeshizu(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
bashribb:
use YouTube app to save and watch. Just 54mb
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by biacan(f): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

shutup and go to the kitchen and make eba for me, men are talking
Boy don't joke with me undecided

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Lakeshizu(m): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
Yonce:

This is exactly how the Secondary school students today talk about sex. They're far more exposed now than we used to be, we were more exposed back then than our parents and the exposition is even going to get "worse" thanks to our ever decaying society.

I Need to Know was perfect for the time and generation it catered for because sex education was more subtle back then. . . Shuga is actually doing a great job. Especially with the inclusion of a proper secondary school setting and teenage girls who think they know everything but are actually clueless.

Best season of Shuga since season 1 and 2
Nail on the head.... I didn't actually believe Diana didn't know wat a safe period is.....
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by iamprofessork: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
shuga
as a lot of positive sugar in it..I mean you'ld probably learn a lot..I love this season it's dope and it portrays a lot..in my mind am like lagosians sha..
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
biacan:
Boy don't joke with me undecided

Shut the hell up and go make me some cereal , men are talking
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by biacan(f): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Shut the hell up and go make me some cereal , men are talking
Leave me alone cool
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by geekybabe(f): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
bashribb:

Its on youtube.
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by adegeye38(m): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
gorociano:
BY ‘SEGUN ODEJIMI

When you successfully execute an entertainment piece that also doubles as some form of education and the end product doesn’t come off as preachy, you don’t know the amazing stunt you have pulled off.

MTV Shuga is built on the pillar of sex education and this season is no different. Even though it slightly leans towards the topic of reproductive health, the core stays same. Target young people and tell them to make their sexual choices with little bit more conscious meditation. Everything else is secondary. But as you do this though, you need to strike a balance. The young people you want to say these things to must be entertained enough to stay with you and they must also be educated enough to stand up from seeing your content with something extra in their heads and on their minds.

MTV Shuga does this with minimal flaw. From the first three episodes I saw (from ten in total this season), I could count at least a dozen cogent messages. But each morsel was brilliantly rolled in draw soup and quickly inserted in our mouths while we opened them in awe at the beautiful pictures we saw on screen.

At the beginning though, the story’s movement as told with the picture was jarring. Following the camera and mini-scenes around almost got me dizzy. But it didn’t take long for it to settle down into a brilliant visual piece. And when it did, it was such a cool ride.

The most impressive part of the show for me was the acting brilliance of the “newbies”. Helena Nelson impressed me most with how she interpreted her role as Diana. As the character dictated, she owned the screen whenever she appeared on it regardless of whether she was in a pair or a group. A sassy, extremely forward, dull-when-it-comes-to-matters-of-the-classroom teenager was brought to life by Helena.

But Helena wasn’t the only one who put up a commendable delivery. Uzoamaka Aniunoh (Cynthia) who Georgia Arnold (the executive director of MTV Staying Alive Foundation) had a few similar kind words for at the premiere, Adebukola Oladipupo (Faa) Amal Umar (Hadiza) as well as veteran Funlola Aofiyebi-Raimi were very good at what they did. Nobody was bad at what they did in this production which is a big statement by everyone involved in this production.

As long as Helena Nelson does not submit herself to mediocre directors and scripts that litter Nollywood and keeps working to improve her talent, we have a monster actor on our hands.

https://tns.ng/review-plenty-lessons-unearthed-gems-why-mtvshuga-season-6-is-the-best-nigerian-content-ive-seen-this-year/
The season 2 was way better, this one has bad actors, and the casts were nt gud enough

1 Like

Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by MrBigiman: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
[quote author=Uchihaitaci post=66135615]

What you are actually saying is let's not thi
Re: REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year by natedat: 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'When Wolves Cry': Movie Centered On Fake News Hits Cinema (Photos) / BBNaija: I Will Never Appeal For Votes - Tobi / Groovy, Adekunle, Bryan, Hermes, Bella & Sheggz Up For Possible Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.