Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match (30256 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by SamgoldBaba: 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
Masama:
Joshua to win by UD
pooozeee:
Joseph parker can't be stronger than Klitschko, Klitschko will easily knock him out in few rounds, Klitschko is a very strong man who can't be easily beaten

Remember that Anthony Joshua was able to beat Klitschko last year , watch the fight again and compare Anthony Joshua with Joseph parker

Anthony Joshua will beat Joseph parker in less than round 10, trust me
Masama:
Joshua to win by UD
It sure should be less than 10 round but anything after 4th round..AJ should unload more on the guy

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
pooozeee:
Joseph parker can't be stronger than Klitschko, Klitschko will easily knock him out in few rounds, Klitschko is a very strong man who can't be easily beaten

Remember that Anthony Joshua was able to beat Klitschko last year , watch the fight again and compare Anthony Joshua with Joseph parker

Anthony Joshua will beat Joseph parker in less than round 10, trust me

Klischko was already finished as at the time he met AJ. He had not even fought for close to 2 years. Fury practically beat Klischko with ease. Yet AJ was even knocked down by an old and finished Klischko.

Better don't go and say it outside that Klischko would beat Parker. Go and watch Fury vs Klischko and see how easily Fury beat Klischko. That match finished Klischko.

Moreover, Klischko could have beaten AJ if he was Parker. Klischko played gentle with AJ and got that unexpected uppercut that knocked him out.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
pooozeee:
Anthony Joshua has 100% knock out while parker does not, he only has 18 knock out, out of about 24 fight

I trust Anthony Joshua he is winning

AJ got a dubious knockout against Takam. It should have gone to the judges.

Moreover, it is not by knockout. Every fight is different.

I give AJ a KO only if he is lucky to catch Parker.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by ehardetola(m): 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
BluntBoy:

Joseph Parker is a decent fighter. He can beat AJ. Ironically, it is people who will not be doing the fighting that are overlooking Parker. The man, Anthony Joshua, and his team know better. The most skillful and fastest champion in boxing right now is Joseph Parker. Agree, it would be difficult for him to knock out AJ but he can win on decisions since the judges and referee are neutral. Joshua's bet is to knock out Parker. This time around, he wouldn't have British referee and judges and so he just has to knock out Parker because I know he can't beat Parker on points.

One thing you must also understand is that Parker is tough. He has never been dropped in his career because he has the best footwork of the three present heavyweight champions. He may not have fought a person like Joshua but he has fought and beaten men built like Joshua, strong and big. His strength is his speed and skills and if AJ gets hurt, Parker will not back away like Klischko. He will hit and hit. Like I said earlier, AJ needs to get his strategy right. He has confessed that Parker is his toughest prospect till date. Parker has Samoan roots. They are very tough fighters.

For me, AJ needs to try and make a cut on Parker's face as early as possible so that blood can make it difficult for Parker to see well.

Or AJ needs to knock Parker out as quickly as possible because it is not possible for him to win Parker on points. He has got fast hands and he is hard to hit. Moreover, Parker and his team have forced the organizers to select neutral judges and referee so Joshua cannot get external help as he did against Takem. He needs to truly knock Parker out. He can't outpoint Parker.

AJ is d strongest opponent JP will face in his carrier.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by TourismMan(m): 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
I'm thinking of organising wrestling in Nigeria and feature world top wrestlers like Roman Reigns, John Cena, Baptista etc. What do you think? This is an opportunity to make top business out of it.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by diana158(m): 11:37pm On Mar 27, 2018
Please who can confirm the time the fight will begin. Thanks.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by chukzyfcbb: 12:22am On Mar 28, 2018
Who be Joseph Parker.

Abeg go fight Deontay Wilder. watching that dudes clip is fuc.king scary, yes he has no footwork no technicality and all that bull.shi.t terms but dudes PUNCH IS HARDROCK!!!

His punch can send you to grave with one hit!
He goes at his opponents like he got mad beef for them

He is like a Raw fighter picked from ghetto. Few moments on YouTube will give you a glimpse of the kinda man Deontay Wilder is

AJ Vs Deontay Wilder is the fight I am looking forward to

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by monex(m): 12:57am On Mar 28, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

I give AJ a KO only if he is lucky to catch Parker.

at the bolded. he would have won by the judges and was winning by the judges anyway.

he out-punched takam by a whooping 100 punches - check the stats

AJ has three weaknesses - poor footwork, a glass chin and poor stamina. He is improving on his stamina. He might survive without good footwork due to his reach.

He just needs to work on that chin and make it more resilient
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by darellone: 3:57am On Mar 28, 2018
HR should pay salary on time...... I wanna stake 200K on AJ.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by Moorish: 5:08am On Mar 28, 2018
I don’t rate Parker as many do.. watched a few of his fights and was underwhelmed

AJ has power. Should be an AJ knockout.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by jdleo32(m): 5:34am On Mar 28, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Bro, Parker doesn't have a glass chin. He has proved over and over again that he can take a punch.

I give AJ the victory only if he can knock Parker out. And he has to do the KO fast. If Parker manages to hurt him, AJ will be knocked out.

As for points, AJ can't beat Parker. AJ needs to knock him out. Parker is the better boxer but AJ has got the harder punch.

We are on same page without a knockout it could go to anybody but go check the record Joseph is most favoured to unanimous decision.
AJ's superb punches are his trade mark he must not miss 5‰ of them in the first 4 round to win Joseph. That's the only prove to show Joseph chin have never been tasted.
Again he must knock him out by weakening his body to get the bring in the uppercut, offensive jabs and explosive right hand. 4 rounds if Parker will face him one on one. I see Joseph using his leg movement all rounds just to outbox AJ and being more offensive at the slightest opportunity the should keep AJ smart to have a remarkable counter like Andy ruin.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by jdleo32(m): 5:51am On Mar 28, 2018
My guy let's see AJ through this test I bet you will know deonte is scared to his panties what deonte need is a close mark. Joseph parkers punches will treat Wilders Bleep up I swear. He just haven't hard a better figth like king Kong Ortiz. If he face the likes of Parker I bet you it's 5 rounds. The problem with American boxers is the regulations. They need to assign figth than let the mkt force choose for them.
Deonte earned just 2m from his greatest figth while AJ earn 20m but still want to command greater respect from the fans how on earth is that possible. AJ have told him to come to the principality in Cardiff where they can rake more than he have ever earn(AJ at 63%to 37% for deonte) in which if he(deonte wins) the table will be turned around.
But deonte is trash talking instead of putting a better deal on paper for rejecting a deal he will earn $7m and his highest ever.
This fight will humble him don't worry.

BluntTheApostle:

AJ needs to dodge well. Parker is a different animal from a defensive Klischko. If he hurts AJ, forget it, AJ is gone. Parker will hit him again and again

AJ's sure bet is to knock Parker out as quickly as possible. He can't outpoint Parker.

As for Deontay Wilder, he is as hard to predict as AJ. Both fighters seem like the frauds of the heavyweight category but so far, it has been hard for anyone to stop them. An AJ vs Wilder fight will be very difficult to predict.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by jdleo32(m): 6:07am On Mar 28, 2018
Joseph Parker is not an easy knot even though I know one punch can change everything. How fast is AJ this ain't no joke.

Don't compare this weekend figth to AJ v JP I tell you in honest term AJ will pull blood. It neva gets easy.

cry
b4bola:

I think otherwise, AJ gasses out because he try to knockout his opponent in the early rounds.
JP is no match for AJ, JP won't leave the ring on his feet, That I assure you grin
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by jdleo32(m): 6:19am On Mar 28, 2018
[quote author=BluntTheApostle post=66216253]

I give AJ a KO only if he is lucky to catch Parker. [/quote
]

U want takam to have brain damage. Don't you know it's a rule to protect boxers when they ain't defensive anymore or if they are defenceless.
Go and watch more off destructive judgment by referees in boxing. It's a rule .
The likes of conor v may whether. The medics confirmed anymore punches would have done damage beyond management.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 28, 2018
Parker has no knock out power would be targeting a UD. Joshua wins with ease no knock out tho. Cant wait for deontay to storm d ring post fight lol
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by otimothy(m): 6:49am On Mar 28, 2018
prodiG:
Have you watched Wilder fight?AJ is more technical but you can't compare his punch to the bronze bomber.Deontay is a beast

I can say I have watched almost 70% of his fights, do you know all a technical boxer needs to do is feign unbalanced and wilder comes in all open? He thinks an unbalance foot means you lost it, chief AJ would really deal with wilder and you would agree wilder has anger issues right? So that means when he realises he is on the verge of loosing he gets angry and we all know anger is the downfall of any boxer.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by Truthisit: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Joseph Parker is a decent fighter. He can beat AJ. Ironically, it is people who will not be doing the fighting that are overlooking Parker. The man, Anthony Joshua, and his team know better. The most skillful and fastest champion in boxing right now is Joseph Parker. Agree, it would be difficult for him to knock out AJ but he can win on decisions since the judges and referee are neutral. Joshua's bet is to knock out Parker. This time around, he wouldn't have British referee and judges and so he just has to knock out Parker because I know he can't beat Parker on points.

One thing you must also understand is that Parker is tough. He has never been dropped in his career because he has the best footwork of the three present heavyweight champions. He may not have fought a person like Joshua but he has fought and beaten men built like Joshua, strong and big. His strength is his speed and skills and if AJ gets hurt, Parker will not back away like Klischko. He will hit and hit. Like I said earlier, AJ needs to get his strategy right. He has confessed that Parker is his toughest prospect till date. Parker has Samoan roots. They are very tough fighters.

For me, AJ needs to try and make a cut on Parker's face as early as possible so that blood can make it difficult for Parker to see well.

Or AJ needs to knock Parker out as quickly as possible because it is not possible for him to win Parker on points. He has got fast hands and he is hard to hit. Moreover, Parker and his team have forced the organizers to select neutral judges and referee so Joshua cannot get external help as he did against Takem. He needs to truly knock Parker out. He can't outpoint Parker.
Which Takam? Did you watch the match at all? Well, let me help you out, Takam did not lose on points, he lost by TKO! Rains of heavy punches were landing on his head, by the rope and couldn't reply nor block it, so the referee stopped the match to avoid death in the ring!
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by Assassin101: 8:57am On Mar 28, 2018
wonder how many times Tiwa jerks off just thinking of this guy
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:55am On Mar 28, 2018
monex:

at the bolded. he would have won by the judges and was winning by the judges anyway.

he out-punched takam by a whooping 100 punches - check the stats

AJ has three weaknesses - poor footwork, a glass chin and poor stamina. He is improving on his stamina. He might survive without good footwork due to his reach.

He just needs to work on that chin and make it more resilient

He would have won by the judges, but it wouldn't count as a KO.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2018
[quote author=jdleo32 post=66219754][/quote]

Takam was never in any danger. He was not sagging over the ropes which was the surest way to award a TKO. Moreover, AJ threw punches but only a few landed properly.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:04am On Mar 28, 2018
Truthisit:

Which Takam? Did you watch the match at all? Well, let me help you out, Takam did not lose on points, he lost by TKO! Rains of heavy punches were landing on his head, by the rope and couldn't reply nor block it, so the referee stopped the match to avoid death in the ring!

I watched the bout and I am no boxing novice. The referee is British and he made that dubious call so AJ could have a TKO (which counts as a KO and gives AJ a perfect record).

Takam did not sag over the ropes, anyone could see his body was still taut and not giving way. He was never going to be dropped.

I have seen death in the ring and we know when the calls should be made. Takam still had much life, albeit little resistance.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by jdleo32(m): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Takam was never in any danger. He was not sagging over the ropes which was the surest way to award a TKO. Moreover, AJ threw punches but only a few landed properly.

I will not dispute you but it doesn't take away the fact that joshua won and controlled all rounds of figth which he wanted as ppl keep questioning if he could last 12 rounds.
I promise you a Ko is joshua target because of the confidence Parker keep bring to the table. And the fact that he said klishko brought him down gets under his skin.
A point Anthony will prove Saturday night is the fact that every living boxing legend with glass chin has been brought down by a punch. Parker faces his this weekend the text of true chin. Besides everyone knows he lost over Andy riuz go see that figth. Andy out punched him but Parker never missed but andy had a counter for every of parkers punch.
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by jdleo32(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
That will prove he can win by unanimous decision.

Ppl always questions ur technical sense as well. So far AJ is not considered a complete boxer because he doesn't use all his talent rather TKO. Orthodox is the best form but u still need to win with UD. To prove ur althetism in boxing.
AJ is still considered a growing boxer due to these low features in his fight.
BluntTheApostle:

Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by monex(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

i agree
Re: Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match by megapriest(m): 7:41am On Apr 01, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Nonsense. So many boxing novice on this thread.

AJ is good but Parker is no walkover. Presently, he is the fastest and most skillful heavyweight champion.

You can't compare Parker vs Takam with AJ vs Takam. Takam prepared fully for Parker but he only came in on short notice against AJ which means he didn't train as much against AJ as he did against Parker and yet it took a dubious call to give AJ a KO over him.

Mr. Boxing expert what's the result, you're calling me novice. I can't see you lack respect like Parker your brother.

119- 109 is no joke. go and tell other pugilist expert like u... Wilder is next to go..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.