Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? (1273 Views)

Adoption Is Not Worth It At All / Flogging Toddlers- Is It Really Necessary? / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? by domack99(m): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good day Nairalanders,

I believe this is the best section to drop this topic though its about education but for the children.

Am presently looking for a new school for my kids and in the course i get to know Montessori method and the traditional method (So they call it) exist.

My question is why are Montessori school expensive, i will appreciate opinions of parents here, I even had a discussion with head of a school that i visited and she told me that any Montessori school with school fees of around 300k cannot be truly Montessori, that they are way expensive, that there are special materials and specific trainings and certifications that the Montessori teachers need to take. So does this mean we have schools that claim to be Montessori but are actually not

I will really appreciate parents and teachers experience and opinions on Montessori schools especially in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? by YeyeGbami: 9:51am On Jan 16, 2022
^^^
Re: Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Most of them use british curriculum, and their teachers no be anyhow teachers, as majority are bachelor or masters degree holders
Re: Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? by ImaIma1(f): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2022
They teach each student individually and accordingly to their pace.

I remember applying to teach in one long time ago. I had not gone through the Montessori course. So they said I would pay for the training first or they would be deducting it from my salary.

The student registration for that school was 200k then, just registration. I don't know how much the fees was.

But each class had a french teacher that taught the students individually. Then the students were taught individually too. Then they come together for a few minutes to work together.

Just a tour of that school would make you appreciate Montessori.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? by Peebaby93: 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2022
Those kids from montessori schools come out very brilliant and extremely smart.you can't play on their intelligence.. it's a very good foundation for kids( if you can afford it o)..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? by Peebaby93: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
Those kids from montessori schools come out very brilliant and extremely smart.you can't play on their intelligence.. it's a very good foundation for kids( if you can afford it o).. cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Check Out These Hilarious Maternity Photo-shoot [pictures] / Tribute To HungerBAD / Please Doctors In The House What Does This Pregnancy Text Strip Result Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.