Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:04 PM

US Pesident Trump Signs $1.3 Trillion$ Spending Bill - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Pesident Trump Signs $1.3 Trillion$ Spending Bill (413 Views)

Donald Trump Signs On A Woman's Chest During Campaign Visit In Iowa (Pics) / Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections / Cote D’ivoire Signs $1.5 Billion Deal For A Metro In Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Pesident Trump Signs $1.3 Trillion$ Spending Bill by suyamasta(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Massive spendings on Millitary*****

President Trump signed the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill Friday despite an earlier threat to veto the legislation due to the lack of border wall funding and a fix for DACA.

Trump signed the mammoth legislation reluctantly, saying in a press availability with other members of the administration that, in order to secure a necessary increase in military spending, he had to give money to Democratic projects that he derided as a "wasted sum of money."
"It's not right and it's very bad for our country," he said.

But he said that military spending was very important, and that for that reason he had decided to sign the bill.

“Therefore, as a matter of national security, I've signed this omnibus budget bill. There are a lot of things I’m unhappy about in this bill…But I say to Congress, I will never sign another bill like this again. I'm not going to do it again,” he said.
Budget hawk Rand Paul, R-Ky., tweeted that Trump should veto "this sad excuse for legislation."

The conservative House Freedom Caucus, which had opposed the measure, also expressed their support should the president choose to wield his veto pen.
But Fox News learned that Defense Secretary James Mattis was calling Trump about the possibility of losing all defense increases if he vetoes it.

It appeared to be this argument about the military that ultimately convinced Trump to sign the legislation.
"My highest duty is to keep America safe," he said.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/23/trump-mulls-veto-1-3-trillion-spending-bill-over-lack-border-wall-daca.html

(1) (Reply)

F.B.I. Raids Office Of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer; Trump Calls It ‘Disgraceful’ / First Transgender Governor Nominee Picked In Vermont / Saudi Arabia Vows To Retaliate If Trump Follows Through On Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.