Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,770 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London (28611 Views)

Little Divas In African Wax Print / Check Out Luxury “ankara Prints”, “african Prints”,”african Wax Prints” “hollan / I’m Looking For Where To Get Baroque Material In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by CuriousMynd: 5:38am On Mar 24, 2018
A Nigerian in the diaspora was shocked to find that Ankara material costs as much as 490,000 Naira in Harrods shop.

Ayohtunde shared photos of some of the materials with the price tags. One costs £625 while another costs £1175.

Nigerians on social media are shocked at the price and say it is way too overpriced, even for premium Nigerian prints.

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/see-the-price-tag-of-african-wax-prints-ankara-material-in-harrods-london-photos.html

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by jeronimo(m): 5:46am On Mar 24, 2018
Yes of course. The moment such commodity leaves the shores of Nigeria it becomes an export commodity unlike when it sits at a shop in balogun market.

Just watch as some politicians will take credit for this as one of the "economic reforms" grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by pinkcottoncandy: 6:04am On Mar 24, 2018
THE GUY ABOVE ME

YOU DEY CHUK ME CHUKU CHUKU OOOOOO

ABI YA NAME NA OBIANUJU??

MEANWHILE......

HARRODS IS FEELING THE JUJU ..........................FROM THE ANKARA cool cool cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by nastyesco(m): 6:05am On Mar 24, 2018
3rd to comment..this is the closest I have gotten to FTC...I dedicate this to Iya Mulika whose daughter b$&#sts used to harass me back in the days

6 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by akintob(m): 6:05am On Mar 24, 2018
its great
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by DoTheNeedful: 6:05am On Mar 24, 2018
Things are very cheap in Nigeria. At times, I wonder if the exchange rate is not inflated by those oyinbos. angry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by KELVONISTIC: 6:06am On Mar 24, 2018
Hi
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by KELVONISTIC: 6:07am On Mar 24, 2018
Good morning
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by EdwinSixtus(m): 6:07am On Mar 24, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
Things are very cheap in Nigeria

true except smartphones

9 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by purem(m): 6:08am On Mar 24, 2018
That's how some people become millionaire

Am just praying that my goal to start working in a ship to come through

Just imagine how much a stick of igbo that I use to by N50 from waheedi will cost in those areas

Na to just buy like N500 own and put am inside my shoes go sell am 4 da side

DavidEsq:

U see ur life? Na Igbo u wan take hama abi?

Werey am talking about marijuana

Abi u think say e dey any other place aside Africa?

E b like say u never know how all this oyinbos Tay like to dey smoke am

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Ralphdan(m): 6:08am On Mar 24, 2018
Ankara?

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 24, 2018
Hollandaise Wax is not the same as your regular run of the mill ankara.

11 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 6:09am On Mar 24, 2018
wonderful
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Aeman(m): 6:11am On Mar 24, 2018
Isakee
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by emeejinsm: 6:12am On Mar 24, 2018
Op na buhari supporter
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 24, 2018
Dis one gada muscle oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by fiizznation: 6:15am On Mar 24, 2018
Once it gets to London, it automatically becomes "foreign".. The London, Holland, Japan, France wax that are usually sold at exuberant prices in Nigeria are usually very very cheap in there respective countries. A piece of Kolanut that is not sold beyond 100naira in Nigeria, but a friend of mine use too sell a piece of it at 1500naira in dubai...

Opportunities can be found in almost everywhere. If you are smart enough, you will see how you will make cool money from where you never even expected.

5 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by OCTAVO: 6:16am On Mar 24, 2018
shocked
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by kingchris30(m): 6:16am On Mar 24, 2018
forget the exchange rate, that money is not that large amount to them over there.

7 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 24, 2018
These are from Stella McCartney's fashion range. You're not paying for the fabric, but the label.

It's no different from other expensive designer wear that were made in Chinese sweatshops.

Besides, original Wax Hollandais fabrics are actually made in the Netherlands. So apart from being a source of inspiration, I doubt there's anything African about those dresses.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by tiwiex(m): 6:16am On Mar 24, 2018
jeronimo:
Yes of course. The moment such commodity leaves the shores of Nigeria it becomes an export commodity unlike when it sits at a shop in balogun market.

Just watch as some politicians will take credit for this as one of the "economic reforms" grin
No one is arguing over the price of export being higher. How much you dey buy imported dress for Nigeria? £625 is about 200k. For Ankara?
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Babygiwa(f): 6:20am On Mar 24, 2018
The Ankara has internations experience so I dont blame them

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Pavore9: 6:23am On Mar 24, 2018
Ankara whey I buy for Balogun market for how much? cheesy
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by bjayx: 6:24am On Mar 24, 2018
Lmao
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by Lexusgs430: 6:26am On Mar 24, 2018
It was probably not manufactured the local way...... Not ordinary Balogun Market Ankara, but posh Ankara...... (for those wey chop wella for up)....
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by DavidEsq(m): 6:26am On Mar 24, 2018
purem:
That's how some people become millionaire

Am just praying that my goal to start working in a ship to come through

Just imagine how much a stick of igbo that I use to by N50 from waheedi will cost in those areas

Na to just buy like N500 own and put am inside my shoes go sell am 4 da side
U see ur life? Na Igbo u wan take hama abi?

4 Likes

Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by israelmao(m): 6:27am On Mar 24, 2018
See packaging.
Re: See The Cost Of African Wax Prints 'ankara' Material In Harrods, London by olayinkajnr(m): 6:28am On Mar 24, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
Things are very cheap in Nigeria. The bottle of coke you buy for 70 naira goes for $2.50 (900 naira)in many places in America. At times, I wonder is the exchange rate is not inflated by those oyinbos. angry

My friend over there spent 3,200 on a file and 2 pens.

He also spent £8 (about 4000naira rough exchange) to barb his hair.

But still, our money is shit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Hairstyles In Nigeria 2019 - Weavon Braids Online / 7x Faster Rapid Hair Growth With El-glittas Hair Wonder Natural Oil! / what do you think of Low Cuts on women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.