Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

"Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS (3740 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by buttlover(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
The pontiff said tattoos could be used by young priests to connect to people they were trying to reach out to because tattoos often communicated information about a person.

Speaking during a meeting with young people at The Vatican, Pope Francis gave the example of Christian girls in Eritrea where a tattoo of a cross on their forehead were used as a symbol of beauty and religious faith.

He said: "The Eritreans for years made the cross here (the forehead). Also today we see them. The cross was tattooed."
He added: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." The tattoo could spark conversation and provide a way for a priest to find out more about an individual and connect with the "culture of the young", he explained.
Pope Francis said: "Tattoos often signify membership in a community.

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by clefstone(m): 11:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
An interesting stance by the holy father
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Amberon11: 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
I have a house mate who is Catholic. He seems to be disappointed at this Pope and even says the Pope is a false prophet and an Antichrist but still he sticks to their doctrines.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by prinzfavian(m): 7:24am On Mar 25, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2018
God bless the Pope,
This man is widely educated and vast
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by alBHAGDADI: 8:45am On Mar 25, 2018
Amberon11:
I have a house mate who is Catholic. He seems to be disappointed at this Pope and even says the Pope is a false prophet and an Antichrist but still he sticks to their doctrines.
Many Catholics are disappointed in him. They don't trust him because of the statements he's making these days.

He acts false a lot.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by daroz(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2018
I don’t know if he is even a Christian .... someone that even prays in the mosque and read the Koran .
Anyway, God knows best , who am I to know ?

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
God bless the Pope,
This man is widely educated and vast
my brother tattoo is bad and the bible is against it, bt if u have already drawn it b4 coming to christ it's a different issue..

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by daoracleccc: 9:04am On Mar 25, 2018
daroz:
I don’t know if he is even a Christian .... someone that even prays in the mosque and read the Koran .

So becuase he prays in mosque and read koran. His not a christian

I pray u get sense.....

Na people like u dey cus religion war

3 Likes

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 9:48am On Mar 25, 2018
daoracleccc:

So becuase he prays in mosque and read koran. His not a christian

I pray u get sense.....

Na people like u dey cus religion war
Na because satan know say you dey fear dead, dats why him dey use him agent to kill and intimidate you. E no fit try dat nonsense here.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 9:57am On Mar 25, 2018
The office of the Pope is the office of the false prophet to the Antichrist.

By all means satan must use his agents in all guises to propagate his rebellion.

Here is what YHWH says about Tattoo and if the Pope were a servant of YHWH he'd know to preach against it.

Leviticus 19:27-28
Do not cut the hair on the sides of your head or trim your beard or tattoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am the Lord.

Someone shd pls read that verse to the Pope.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
my brother tattoo is bad and the bible is against it, bt if u have already drawn it b4 coming to christ it's a different issue..
I don't have tatoos,
But saying it is bad for christians to have tatoo is not scriptural.
Where did you get that in the bible?

2 Likes

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 10:08am On Mar 25, 2018
Emmanystone:

By all means satan must[colo[/color] use his agents in all guises to propagate his rebellion.

Here is what YHWH says about Tattoo and if the Pope were a servant of YHWH he'd know to preach against it.

Do not cut the hair on the sides of your head or trim your beard or tattoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am the Lord.

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 10:15am On Mar 25, 2018
[quote author=paxonel post=66137403][/quote]
Ogini?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

I don't have tatoos,
But saying it is bad for christians to have tatoo is not scriptural.
Where did you get that in the bible?
read leveticus 19:28.. u will see it boldly writeen...

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
read leveticus 19:28.. u will see it boldly writeen...
you have not answered my question.
Leviticus was old testament, christianity started in new testament.
Show me in new testament where early apostles were asked not to tatoo

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
grin grin so old testament is no longer part of the bible?in the book of matthew when Jesus healed a leper what did he tell the leper to do? he told him to go and give a thanks giving offering according to the law of moses..
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
I'm not a Christian but I like this Pope

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
grin grin so old testament is no longer part of the bible?in the book of matthew when Jesus healed a leper what did he tell the leper to do? he told him to go and give a thanks giving offering according to the law of moses..
there was still no christianity then, christianity started after Jesus resurrected.
Try something else grin
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
my brother old testament is part of the bible... Jesus himself said it that he did nt come to abolish the laws of the prophets (old testaments)bt to make them stronger...

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 6:40am On Mar 26, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
my brother old testament is part of the bible... Jesus himself said it that he did nt come to abolish the laws of the prophets (old testaments)bt to make them stronger...
Jesus did not abolish any law, but he made us to understand that some laws cannot be enforced.
You can't force people who want to tattoo not to tattoo.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by sKeetz(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

By all means satan must use his agents in all guises to propagate his rebellion.

You left out the part it says that one shouldnt cut the hair on the sides of their head or trim their beards cause it doesnt suit you. Thats called cherry picking.

Going by that verse, billions of christians who trim their beards are on their way to hell. check mate
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

You left out the part it says that one shouldnt cut the hair on the sides of their head or trim their beards cause it doesnt suit you. Thats called cherry picking.

Going by that verse, billions of christians who trim their beards are on their way to hell. check mate
Every Chriatian ought to clean off their beards, anyone who does other wise, na him matter. That doesn't excuse you from your tattoos.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Lolx and some ignorant disappointing Christians will say shits like "its old testament", " it's not a sin" etc lolx don't forget I said "ignorant and disappointing"
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
paxonel:
Jesus did not abolish any law, but he made us to understand that some laws cannot be enforced.
You can't force people who want to tattoo not to tattoo.

Indeed, but why should a Christian who ought to submit his body as vessels for righteousness see tattoo as the next step ?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Lolx and some ignorant disappointing Christians will say shits like "its old testament", " it's not a sin" etc lolx don't forget I said "ignorant and disappointing"
No mind them.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by sKeetz(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Every Chriatian ought to clean off their beards, anyone who does other wise, na him matter. That doesn't excuse you from your tattoos.

But that verse clearly states that one shouldnt shave off their beards, doesnt it ??

So are you gonna take one part that suits you and leave the rest??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
Controversial Pope
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

But that verse clearly states that one shouldnt shave off their beards, doesnt it ??

So are you gonna take one part that suits you and leave the rest??
Pls read it again. You seem to have covered your body with tottoo so you need a leeway out.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by sKeetz(m): 10:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Read the part in bold.. Its there in black and white unless it means something else entirely. and I dont even have a single tattoo on me, I just hate when you fanatics cherry pick bible verses that suits your moral standing on social issues. Y'all are hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:41am On Mar 27, 2018
daroz:
funny enough I have read the koran , all my priest friends have the Koran in their personal library... that doesn't stop anyone from been a Christian.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:44am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

lol,

you guys and cherry picking the Bible unto your own confusion.

verse 27 says not to trim your beard or the sides of your head...I am sure you don't obey that passage, yet you are quick to accuse the pope of been a false prophet because of an old testament passage that no sane Christian obeys.

remove the log from your eyes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions That Bug Believers In God / Connecting To The Resurrection Power {revival Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya / Beware Of The Nairalander hugbo orore ''demigods666'' Aka Fake Satanist Pt 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.