Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Please Help With Credible Advice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help With Credible Advice (481 Views)

Anambra Women Ordains Billionaire Us Based Doctor As Most Credible Candidate / Has Anyone Heard Of Pennylender.com ? Is It A Credible Site To Borrow Money ? / (nworah) Onitsha North Constituency 1 Deserved A Credible Leadership. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With Credible Advice by Philosophia: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hello Fam.

I need credible advice and help on the following issue.

I have been out of employment for a while now. I initially used what was left of my savings to start up a business with my girlfriend at the time.

However, the business turned out to be a waste of money. The main reasons I went into business were:
- It was largely my “girlfriend’s” idea and she needed a partner for finance and management.
- It was a social development centred business, something I wanted to do later on in my life.

She was convinced beyond doubt that the business would do well and blossom into a big enterprise. She managed to convince me to put in my time and resources into the business. I thought to myself that since it was something I wanted to do (even though) later, now that I had an opportunity to do it and with a partner who seemed all fired-up and who was close to me, I shouldn’t waste the opportunity. So, we rented a house (I contributed the lion-share of cash) through my links and put things together. I discovered that I was the one who came up with most administrative ideas that were implemented. She was more into dreaming and quarrelling over mundane things like colour of paint to be used in each office/room. It came to a point where I was the only one minding the business. I even to sleep in the office to save cash and go home only on weekends and there were several weekends in which I did not go home.

Well, fam the end of that business was that the rent expired and we couldn’t renew. I used most of the money I had left to settle staff and organise movement out of the property and the clean-up to hand back to the landlady. She refused to feature in that except to take the value of what she contributed in property i.e items bought at the office. We broke up. That was in December last year.

I travelled down to my Villa early-on this year for the burial of my Grandmother and was advised to chill there for a bit. I spent 3 weeks, got tired and returned back to Lagos. I am on the last tail of money left with me.

Before the sorry end of that business, I have tried getting writing gigs, analysis etc, online only to meet the wall of Paypal and Paypal verified account. I tried to resolve that with First Bank to no avail.

Since I got back I have applied to several job postings, sent my CV to numerous places with no positive results. I am getting frustrated.
Please can someone help me with a clear, uncomplicated and realistic way to make money online and/or a good paying job in writing, administration, customer service or entertainment related.

Please help a brother that is about to be totally broke. God bless you Fam.

Moderators please help me move it to the proper place If I posted wrongly. Thank you.

Cc MrHistorian
Rokia2
wristbangle
Freeman59

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Credible Advice by MrHistorian: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hey brother!

I just did a background check on your previous thread(s) and I noticed you were the one who created a thread some months ago about your girlfriend pressurizing you for marriage or she leaves.

Is it this same girl you are referring to in this your recent post?

And concerning your request if anyone has any online business you can be introduced to,I think you should check the business section on nairaland and read up on this Fiverr services.I heard it is genuine and lucrative.

Cc Philosophia
Re: Please Help With Credible Advice by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2018

Firstly, are you seeking advise or some type of financial support?

Secondly, advices out of professional ones work best when placed vis a vis knowing someone personally. People here will only advise based on their level of intelligence & exposure not how much they know of your personality, ability, qualities & so on (this is why people get a plethora of suggestions on NL, even over a very simple matter).

I’ll suggest you meet your parents, siblings, trusted relatives, friends & colleagues who know you personally from relationships spanning a number of years. They’re in the best place to advise you, they know you and have your own interest at heart NOT strangers on a faceless forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Credible Advice by Philosophia: 12:05am On Mar 25, 2018
MrHistorian:
Hey brother!

I just did a background check on your previous thread(s) and I noticed you were the one who created a thread some months ago about your girlfriend pressurizing you for marriage or she leaves.

Is it this same girl you are referring to in this your recent post?

And concerning your request if anyone has any online business you can be introduced to,I think you should check the business section on nairaland and read up on this Fiverr services.I heard it is genuine and lucrative.

Cc Philosophia

It is indeed me and it is infact the same girl.

Thank you sir for noticing. I believe you'd want a verification and an explanation as to what led to this.

Well here goes.

As adviced on the other issue, I wanted to call it all off and break all contact with her but I kind of maintained a cordial but non-commital relationship with her for the sake of the business which we started together. Unfortunately the business was already taking a dive as was our relationship and they basically hit the rocks at about the same time. I am not one to run or jump ship in a situation like that, so I basically managed to keep it running even at my expense for her sake because at one of the last meetings we held, I made it clear to her that I could not continue the business with her. I explained that once the rent we paid expired, that would be it for me.

She told me she had no intention of letting the business die, that she would source funds to renew the rent and gradually pay me off for my investments in assets for the business. I agreed to it thinking we had come to an amiable solution to the issue. I continued running the business so that there would not be a break-down of business before we transitioned to her sole proprietorship. When she became a continual no-show at the business premises (mind you, her presence had been erratic since 4 months into the business), I enquired as to the reason and she assured me that she was trying to source funds to implement our agreement. I let that be and gave her the benefit of doubt until it became clear to me that she was not serious or not seriuos enough about seeing through our agreement. Then I began to wind-down things and settle staff and see what things belonging to me I could sell off. I did not want my name dragged in the mud so I gradually wound-down things by myself. She only showed for a final meeting which I insisted on to be on the same page as regards what was her's and what was mine and she showed to move out her said "property".

I handled everything by myself. From ensuring staff were not owed, cleaning-up and clearing-out the entire building so that it is in good condition to hand over to the owner, to paying up all bills (power, refuse, etc). There were a lot of things to handle which I did.

Anyways to cut the story short, we broke-up and we are barely on speaking terms although I don't know what game she's playing by sending her siblings to enquire about me and try to fratenize with me.

As regards the advice on the business section, Thanks a lot for that. I'll check it out. I'm yet to get a hang on a lot of things on nairaland.

Cc MrHistorian

Y0ruba:

Firstly, are you seeking advise or some type of financial support?

Secondly, advices out of professional ones work best when placed vis a vis knowing someone personally. People here will only advise based on their level of intelligence & exposure not how much they know of your personality, ability, qualities & so on (this is why people get a plethora of suggestions on NL, even over a very simple matter).

I’ll suggest you meet your parents, siblings, trusted relatives, friends & colleagues who know you personally from relationships spanning a number of years. They’re in the best place to advise you, they know you and have your own interest at heart NOT strangers on a faceless forum.

I am seeking advice. Thanks thus far.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Ignored Senate Invitation – IGP Idris / A Step To Stardom: Sell Your Photo For 10,000! / Artificial Eyelashes Fixing Can Make You Go Blind - Doctor Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.