Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

This Poison Called Love. (flash Fiction) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Poison Called Love. (flash Fiction) (702 Views)

Is This Called Love / The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) / Scared. A Flash Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Poison Called Love. (flash Fiction) by GeoSilYe(f): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
I watched the woman in white walk towards the man who loved her and for a minute they seemed to be lost in their own world, confined in the towers of the love they both shared for each other. They were beautiful, painfully beautiful together and my heart was ripping into many pieces. Would blood flow with it too?

Once, I had asked Fai how much she loved him. I should not have asked because until now it remained one of those good pains one had to carry forever in one's heart. Good, because the woman you loved was happy, painful because her source of happiness was far different from you, yet I still listened. Fai had told me of her immense love for him and her dreams with that man. Dreams I had imagined with her too, dreams restricted to me, dreams that would come true and would not include me and after that clear day, I had gone home and wondered why I never told her about my love for her.

If watching her walk into his hands made my heart tear into pieces, kissing him made my blood flow. Anger had made me shatter the wine glass in my hand and blood did flow but Fai could not help me this time like how she had many times. Maybe my love had bloomed when she kissed me during our teenage years, a kiss manufactured by the "Truth or Dare" game we played at our school's after party or when she had saved me from drowning like a fool when I had first tried to swim for her sake or saving me from tearing my self to pieces because of my depressions or when father had collapsed from a laughing spell and she had breathed in him life through her CPR training or many other events that made me cry painfully every time I remembered.

Finally, they released their selves from love's spell and Fai finally looked at me. She left him and came down and as always took me away to be cleaned. I wanted to tell her that my blood would stain her wedding dress but she mumbled a few words of it being alright. She took me to the ladies room and washed my hands clean and then with the help of the Aid box by the wall she fixed me up.

"You should have just ignored me Fai, today is supposed to be stress free remember?"

Then she looked up and smiled and yet even with the light makeup on her, she looked more beautiful than all the women I had ever seen. I would have cried but I did not want to make it harder for her, she seemed to know that but she said nothing.

"Come let us cut the cake together and then ehh what's next?" I asked

"Pictures with the couple!" She said sourly.

I laughed. Fai never really liked to be in the center of discussion and so taking pictures was a no-no for her. She laughed too and her laugher was like burying a thousand daggers into my heart and I figured that I would never have her as mine.

The MC finally requested for the presence of the couple and a toast was made to their happiness and I hoped for nothing but her happiness, for her to be happy with the man at her side.

"Maid of honor and the bride please!" The MC cheerfully said.

I walked to her, held her hands and whispered my undying love for her, to love her past the frame of time, until my dying days, until my last breath. If the cameras captured my love, I didn't care. If her husband close by heard, he never said but just as Fai turned towards me, I can hold the sparkle that shines in her eyes.

Fai loves me even if my love is poison to her.

This Poison Called Love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Poison Called Love. (flash Fiction) by just2day: 9:18pm On May 17, 2018
Short and Bittersweet. Captivating story. I'm guessing 'she' loved 'her'.

1 Like

Re: This Poison Called Love. (flash Fiction) by GeoSilYe(f): 12:52pm On May 21, 2018
just2day:
Short and Bittersweet. Captivating story. I'm guessing 'she' loved 'her'.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

Book Review: Born On A Tuesday By Elnathan John [download] / My Fate, My Destiny - Episode 7 / Lesbian E-novels For Sale At Very Cheap Price!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.