Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (21054 Views)

My Mechanic Uses Total Quartz Motor Oil 20W-50 For My Steering Pump. / Power Steering Pump Issues / Price Of Toyota Camry Tiny Light Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
Power steering pumps used to be a luxury in cars between the 60s and 80s but today they are more of a necessity rather than a luxury. A power steering also known as steering assist adds controlled energy to the steering mechanism making the steering wheel easy to turn for the driver. There are different types of power steering systems but my focus today is on the hydraulic system which makes use of the power steering pump. The following are the various signs you need to watch out for to ascertain your power steering pump is about to fail or has failed completely

1). Quibbling noises when turning the steering: If you hear strange noises when turning your steering wheel, then there is definitely a problem with the steering system. It could be a leakage in the system or low fluid levels. Either way, have the system checked by a professional.

2). Steering wheel slows to respond: If your steering wheel is slow to respond to inputs especially when turning then it could mean your power steering pump is about to fail. Contact a competent mechanic immediately before the situation gets worse.

3). Stiff steering wheel: If your power steering wheel becomes stiff to turn, you should have your pump changed. Stiff steering wheel is a sign of power steering pump failure.

4). Squealing noises in the hood: If you hear squealing noises, when you put on the vehicle, it means the pump is about to fail and may be causing the belt to slip.

If you have a failed power steering pump, you could contact chi spare parts for a replacement. Chi spare parts is Nigeria’s number one auto parts retail store.

https://chispareparts.com.ng/symptoms-of-a-bad-and-failing-power-steering-pump/

8 Likes

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Damolux01(m): 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
Do u have that of Honda Baby boy? Mine is faulty...If yes...What's ur price?

3 Likes

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
Damolux01:

V6 or I4
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Damolux01(m): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
CHISPAREPARTS:

V6 or I4
I4
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Damolux01:
I4

1 Like

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Damolux01(m): 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
CHISPAREPARTS:
New or Toks?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
Damolux01:
New or Toks?
Toks

1 Like

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by scarplanet(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
CHISPAREPARTS:
Power steering pumps used to be a luxury in cars between the 60s and 80s but today they are more of a necessity rather than a luxury. A power steering also known as steering assist adds controlled energy to the steering mechanism making the steering wheel easy to turn for the driver. There are different types of power steering systems but my focus today is on the hydraulic system which makes use of the power steering pump. The following are the various signs you need to watch out for to ascertain your power steering pump is about to fail or has failed completely

1). Quibbling noises when turning the steering: If you hear strange noises when turning your steering wheel, then there is definitely a problem with the steering system. It could be a leakage in the system or low fluid levels. Either way, have the system checked by a professional.

2). Steering wheel slows to respond: If your steering wheel is slow to respond to inputs especially when turning then it could mean your power steering pump is about to fail. Contact a competent mechanic immediately before the situation gets worse.

3). Stiff steering wheel: If your power steering wheel becomes stiff to turn, you should have your pump changed. Stiff steering wheel is a sign of power steering pump failure.

4). Squealing noises in the hood: If you hear squealing noises, when you put on the vehicle, it means the pump is about to fail and may be causing the belt to slip.

If you have a failed power steering pump, you could contact chi spare parts for a replacement. Chi spare parts is Nigeria’s number one auto parts retail store.

Do you have for Honda civic 2008? V4? How much
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
scarplanet:

Do you have for Honda civic 2008? V4? How much
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by yemisolar(m): 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Sienna 2003 pump nko?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by SpeedGod: 7:09am On Apr 02, 2018
How much are you selling power steering pump for Toyota avensis 2005?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2018
yemisolar:
Sienna 2003 pump nko?

1 Like

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2018
SpeedGod:
How much are you selling power steering pump for Toyota avensis 2003?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by ironheart(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
I need for toyota 5sfe. How much?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
ironheart:
I need for toyota 5sfe. How much?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Rayd502(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
How much is power steering pump for toyota camry 2010?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by EdoRabbit(f): 5:03am On Sep 13, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 13, 2021
The headach weh my ES350 power steering pump give me eehh, i don stop to dey bother about am after changing 3 different pumps. The good part is i don gather enough muscles both for arm and chest.

Na just to dey top my steeering oil once a week. I go de use my thing like that.

27 Likes

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by EdoRabbit(f): 5:04am On Sep 13, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Solomonudofia(m): 5:04am On Sep 13, 2021
Okey
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Samade7: 5:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Pls how much is for Mazda 6 sport?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by miqos02(m): 5:12am On Sep 13, 2021
CHISPAREPARTS:

V6 or I4
how much for RAV4 2002 model power steering pump?
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CXLVII: 5:13am On Sep 13, 2021
killALIEN:
The headach weh my ES350 power steering pump give me eehh, i don stop to dey bother about am after changing 3 different pumps. The good part is i don gather enough muscles both for arm and chest.

Na just to dey top my steeering oil once a week. I go de use my thing like that.

Change your exhaust pipe. That’s the root cause.

And try to change sound speakers too

1 Like

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by seunt4ut(m): 5:17am On Sep 13, 2021
Do you have power steering pump for Tacoma 2003 and how much.

Honda DC 2007 How much

Also do you install them.

Thanks
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Xj2020: 5:17am On Sep 13, 2021
Sold my Baby Boy last week at a given away price having been left frustrated by the steering pump which keeps leaking all the time
Damolux01:
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by bjtinz: 5:25am On Sep 13, 2021
killALIEN:

Lol. I think say na only Nissan dey get this issue.

In my case the pump was fine o, just for the mech to change the leaking hose connected to the fliud reservoir. I no know wetin he go touch, the pump come fail. That was beginning of my nightmares.

Four pumps, 3 diff mechanics and even the entire steering rack checked,but to no avail. I just tire. Though it improved, but not as free as it used to.

Was told Nissan has that issue with pumps.

1 Like

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by Frezhkid10(m): 5:38am On Sep 13, 2021
killALIEN:

Purchase a brand new one…and not toks
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by incogni2o: 5:40am On Sep 13, 2021
CHISPAREPARTS:

PLEASE HOW CAN I GET A DIAGNOSTICS.

MY VEHICLE HAS ONE OF THESE SYMPTOMS
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by CondemnBattery(f): 5:45am On Sep 13, 2021
I can relate with No.3 for sienna.

When you want to turn or navigate a bend, others will think you don't know how to drive, that you are a learner. Some might even be abusing you, not knowing that your power steering is faulty.

And when you get home, you have to look for painkillers to take.

@OP, I need power steering pump for sienna 05. Are you at Ladipo?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by OKOATA(m): 5:52am On Sep 13, 2021
I use an RX300 and the steering wheel is begining to stiffen, sometimes it's hard to turn when not on motion, when on motion it becomes a bit easier to turn. How much is it for RX300.
Re: Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump by tfelicityk(m): 5:54am On Sep 13, 2021
Do you have power steering pump for Nissan primera 2.0? If you do - what is the price? Differentiate price for new and grade 1 toks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can One Get SAE 5W30 Engine Oil Here In Nigeria...? / Mercedes Announces Two New Special Editions Of The G - Class / LAGBUS Accident On 3rd Mainland This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.