Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail (2194 Views)

Some Facts Are Stranger Than Fiction [Histogore} / Funny Collective Nouns For Some Animals You May Not Know / Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Olusharp(m): 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2018
Some Facts You Might not know about the FingerNail

The fingernails are one of the least spoken part of the body

While much is know about other part of the body, the Finger Nail is one of the least part of the human body that is usually discuss.

Most people tend to over look the Finger Nail as they presume their sole responsibility is to keep it clean.

This may be true but the finger nail happens to need all the care and cleanliness we can give.

Because the Finger Nail has it own importance for being a part of the body.

Different people keep their nails in various forms.

Some people like it long, while others tend to keep it short.

A dirty finger nail speaks a lot about the carrier.

And also, medically, finger nails give signs of various sickness, most times we don’t take the clue it gives.

To keep you informed, Below are some facts you might not know about the finger nail

1. The Fingernails and toenails are made from a tough protective kind of protein known as Alpha-keratin.

The protein is also found in hooves and horns of animals.

2. The name of that White Cover on nail is called Nail Plate

3. The nail on the index finger grows faster than the little finger.

4. The fingernails grow four times faster than the toenails.

5. According to research, the longest female nails measure a total of 601.9 cm

6. There are beliefs that after death, the nails continue to grow.

Well, this is not so. The Finger Nails appear to grow because the human skin dehydrates and tightens after death.

7. Applying Cosmetics on the finger nail is risky because it can penetrate into the nail.

8. You can take care of the Finger nail by triming it regularly.

Filing is also encouraged.

9. Using nail tools used by different people can transmit infections.

10. Manicures and pedicures are cosmetics procedure for Finger nails and toenails respectively.

The individual who is into this kind of service is know as a nail technician.

Remember, a well cleaned and trimmed nail speaks volume.

Source https://thrillngr.com/2018/03/24/some-facts-you-might-not-know-about-the-finger-nail/
Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
Informative. Don't even know anything about my nails. Mine is just to cut and keep it clean.
Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Olusharp(m): 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
airmirthd1:
Informative. Don't even know anything about my nails. Mine is just to cut and keep it clean.
kiss
Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by samchild(m): 10:46am On Mar 25, 2018
OK
Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
INFORMATIVE THREAD
Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Omooba224: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
So after death, the body turned bones grows fingernails.. Something is not adding up OP

1 Like

Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Ay04z(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
Something wey i dey chop every now and den. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Olusharp(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
Omooba224:
So after death, the body turned bones grows fingernails.. Something is not adding up OP
it makes it look 'as if' the finger nail is growing!
Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by jameyjaggs: 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
Omooba224:
omo boy u no go kill me oo grin grin grin
Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
The black dirty in most ppl finger nail is a big turn off 4 me except mechanics who soil dia in dirty oil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Facts You Might Not Know About The Finger Nail by Bifrost: 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Tonymegabush1:
The black dirty in most ppl finger nail is a big turn off 4 me except mechanics who soil dia in dirty oil

The black dirt is what you get from using the tip of your finger to scratch blokus or other surfaces of the skin.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Federal Poly Ede Hnd And Pre Degree Form Is Now On Sale / For Those Seeking Admission Into Unaab / Neco June July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.