Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 (1944 Views)

Dino Melaye Receives Best Senator, Politician Of The Year "Who Is Who" Awards / Atiku: Nigeria Has Not Produced Leaders Like Obi And I Since 1960 / Bukola Saraki Wins Sun's Outstanding Politician Of The Year Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by KingGBsky(m): 7:52am On Mar 25, 2018
Who Is nigeria ever great politician of all time since 1960
Who can we point out to be a great politician from the north to the south and from the east to the west.

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:59am On Mar 25, 2018
i pray we all live sentiments especially our igbo and Hausa brothers but the greatest Nigerian politician of all time since 1960 is no other person than Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the greatest president nigeria never heard!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 25, 2018
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by princechurchill(m): 8:22am On Mar 25, 2018
Odumegwu ojukwu the man who exposed the incompetence of Nigeria government and fought for true federalism he saw 2018 in 1967

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by eazisky(m): 8:28am On Mar 25, 2018
leave sentiment and tribalism. ...

Awolowo Obafemi

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 25, 2018
yankeedodo:
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO
valentineuwakwe:
no other person than Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the greatest president nigeria never heard!
eazisky:

Awolowo Obafemi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by KingGBsky(m): 8:49am On Mar 25, 2018
Kingbet:

What isbthoer various achievements. Awolowo and Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by jared007: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2018
Perhaps Awolowo is the greatest politician ever but I wonder who would ve been a better president between Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Mallam Aminu Kano?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by kolaaderin: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2018
Without sentiment Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

I even heard the formal delta state Governor Oduagan in his interview this morning on TVC that he benefitted from Awolowo's free education. He wouldn't have been educated without the late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

But what do we know now. Those children of hate and sorrow would soon invade this thread, one is already spotted Selling rat poison up there since Its their job. They so much like to propagate fake information like its real, we don't know how to convince idiots of Biafra that Awo dies of Age not poison .

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Kemperor: 9:04am On Mar 25, 2018
The blood any citizen is not worth my Political Ambition

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the best ever in Nigeria and the second best ever in Africa after Nelson Mandela..

They say power intoxicate absolutely but not for these two men... True democrats... True patriots... True leaders...

We need people like them in Nigeria and Africa but not the type that will call for spilling of blood and the head of people... Not the type that will go to International News Stations to claim some people deserves to die for nonviolent agitation... Not the type that seeks for third tenure... Not the type that murders millions of people for his Political ambition.

God bless GEJ for trying..

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Strikethem: 10:54am On Mar 25, 2018
Awolowo of course. Sentiment apart.
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by swakop: 11:06am On Mar 25, 2018
Olusegun obasanjo.. The living legend
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by FSU: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2018
Awololo ke. The same one who engineered the death of igbo children with gis starvation policy? The same one who was imprisoned? The sameone who could nit win a single national election. Awo is a curse rather than a blessing. Little wonder he died by suicide.

ZIK IS THE ONLY NATIONALLY ACCEPTABLE GOAT (GREATEST OF ALL TIME) POLITICIAN.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by SouthEastFacts: 11:24am On Mar 25, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
i pray we all live sentiments especially our igbo and Hausa brothers but the greatest Nigerian politician of all time since 1960 is no other person than Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the greatest president nigeria never heard!
So a man who planned coup 2 times is your best president? Afonja and foolishness are 5&6.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by yarimo(m): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2018
MUHAMMADU BUHARI the current nigeria's president
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by SouthEastFacts: 11:25am On Mar 25, 2018
yankeedodo:
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO
He was a coupist.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by SouthEastFacts: 11:27am On Mar 25, 2018
eazisky:

Awolowo Obafemi
He was greedy, a coupist and suicidal. It was the frustration of his failed coups that led him into suicide.
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by SouthEastFacts: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2018
jared007:
Perhaps Awolowo is the greatest politician ever but I wonder who would ve been a better president between Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Mallam Aminu Kano?
One connived with Ghana to overthrow our young democracy while the other was a jihadist.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by SouthEastFacts: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:

I even heard the formal delta state Governor Oduagan in his interview this morning on TVC that he benefitted from Awolowo's free education. He wouldn't have been educated without the late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

But what do we know now. Those children of hate and sorrow would soon invade this thread, one is already spotted Selling rat poison up there since Its their job. They so much like to propagate fake information like its real, we don't know how to convince idiots of Biafra that Awo dies of Age not poison .
A man that worked with Ghana to overthrow our young democracy is nothing but a devil. A man that attempted another coup after been forgiven the first time is nothing but the first of lucifer, the fallen angel.

The only true leader we have is the man that said this "the blood of any Nigerian is not worth my political ambition".

The worst is who said this " By Allah, if what happened in 2011 should happen again, the dogs and baboons will soak in their own blood".

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Ojiofor: 11:36am On Mar 25, 2018
Awo was a regional leader who only served at federal level under a genocidist military dictator.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by omowolewa: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2018
Obasanjo
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by jared007: 11:39am On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:

Do u know this same great politician is responsible for Warri crisis and the deaths that followed?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by KingGBsky(m): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2018
Ojiofor:
Awo was a regional leader who only served at federal level under a genocidist military dictator.

I don't see how that pose as a problem because Nigeria was practicing a regional system of government.
Education is the greatest gift a government can ever give to his people.
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Ojiofor: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2018
KingGBsky:

I don't see how that pose as a problem because Nigeria was practicing a regional system of government.
Education is the greatest gift a government can ever give to his people.

He was great to his region no doubt but what was his impact on the North and East or did the East and North benefit from his free education, regional leadership?
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by KingGBsky(m): 12:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ojiofor:

He was great to his region no doubt but what was his impact on the North and East or did the East and North benefit from his free education, regional leadership?

I taught the northerners has always been against education for their people except their children and families.
I still did not see where he did anything wrong. He was not the president of Nigeria Nnamdi Azikiwe was.
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Ojiofor: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
KingGBsky:

I taught the northerners has always been against education for their people except their children and families.
I still did not see where he did anything wrong. He was not the president of Nigeria Nnamdi Azikiwe was.

That is exactly my point.He was a regional leader...in fact if you crown him the god of western region I won't mind but when it comes to national politics he should take a back seat.
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
As far as free education is concerned, Awolowo would never be forgotten. He is a grassroot leader!

However his involvement in the genocide in the South East robbed him of some points!

In this modern day, I will say GEJ, he treats all like human and respect!

Despite wielding alot of power, he chose to step down and hand over in order to avoid blood shed

I don't think any Nigerian should ever forget that!

But someone I think I will never forget is Prof. Dora Akunyili, her selfless act saved alot of Nigerians during her life time.

Even in politics, she is the most transparent politician I have ever come across

May her soul continue to rest in peace. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by KingGBsky(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ojiofor:

That is exactly my point.He was a regional leader...in fact if you crown him the god of western region I won't mind but when it comes to national politics he should take a back sit.

OK now I know where you coming from.
Well the question is about Nigeria after all

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by Ojiofor: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
KingGBsky:

OK now I know where you coming from.
Well the question is about Nigeria after all

GBAM!
Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by KingGBsky(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
As far as free education is concerned, Awolowo would never be forgotten. He is a grassroot leader!

However his involvement in the genocide in the South East robbed him of some points!

In this modern day, I will say GEJ, he treats all like human and respect!

Despite wielding alot of power, he chose to step down and hand over in order to avoid blood shed

I don't think any Nigerian should ever forget that!

But someone I think I will never forget is Prof. Dora Akunyili, her selfless act saved alot of Nigerians during her life time.

Even in politics, she is the most transparent politician I have ever come across

May her soul continue to rest in peace. Amen.

Awolowo did his best to represent his people what ever happened to the leaders of the other regions

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria Ever Great Politician Of All Time Since 1960 by KingGBsky(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
omowolewa:
Obasanjo

Lol... Thatvone that want to involve himself in Nigeria politics till he enters his grave

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Dino Melaye’s Styles Of Announcing Defection To PDP / Atiku To Appoint Davido Youth Minister If Elected President / " The Candidates" Whats Your Assessment On Atiku And Obi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.