Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... (7876 Views)

Why I Will Never Regret Buying Infinix Note 8 Device / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
Less i forget...I registered today yes....I check negative viewers who are afraid to say the truth...
henrixx:
the way you are replying every comment here and even going To the length of checking people's profile to find out who is infinix fan or not makes you look suspicious including the fact that you registered today.

Many Nigerians and Africans cant afford Samsung HTC xiaomi or Nokia. Samsung and Co are giants and bigger than infinix and Co. Any body who thinks other wise is a dummy. But do these Samsung and Co care about Africa? No. They make expensive phones, expensive parts and poor batteries that makes you carry powerbanks everywhere.

My advice for Nigerians is to support transsion with constructive criticisms so that they can develop than making threads everyday discouraging people from their products.
how perfect is Samsung Nokia HTC and Co? These phones are not widespread in Nigeria and Africa as such but widely used in Europe. Now get onto GSM ARENA and read opinions of those Europeans Indians and Asians who use them. There are many negative reviews with some swearing never to use LORD Samsung again shocked.

If transion exits Africa today. They will be remembered as legends for popularising smartphone usage in Africa. Majority of Nigerians have at least once used a transion product. And while some may be angry at them some will also be very grateful.

However infinix techno and Co should improve and go intercontinental and compete with the big brands.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
Thnaks for your understanding...I wasnt slamming MTK but Transsion manufactures....We quality superb MTK phones....with good chipset or soc
gogeekish:
Somehow you are right. Mediatek isn't as poor as you think though.. What would you talk about chipset like Spectrum, Rockerchip or CoolSand, Allwinners and Marvell? These guys do incredibly wacky devices. Even Xiaomi, Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Xperia all use Mediatek for their mid range devices even till date.

The problem is not mediatek. It is TECNO and Co + their blind users.

Though Qualcomm is the king and present incredible performance outstanding all for now. There are also very expensive chip much higher than Qualcomm too (Nvidia) but how the market embraced them matters too.

I can remember Tecno N3, P3, T1, T2, T3. These devices never dies like we see it now. These devices are based on Snapdragon (Qualcomm).

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Stallion93(m): 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please NLs my family land has been up for sale it's been difficult getting a buyer as no one has been asking. Please share to Families, Friends and Colleagues. The Land is at port Harcourt close to University of Port Harcourt, Rivers. Call for enquiries 08187887448, 08059227783
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by fibonacci2526: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
I don't have a problem with tecno/infinix using MTK chipset but what I have a problem is with their pricing. Way too overpriced. How can you be quoting close to 35k for a phone with 1gb ram and a mtk6580m chipset in 2018. Ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
TimiAgbola:
I can see your a staff based on your previous posts.....

Dude u just came here and started promoting xioami and whoever doesn't agree with u then u quickly tag them as infinix staff. What u wrote is a load of rubbish. Yes trassion products don't match xiomi products pound for pound but u are clearly forgetting one thing here. Xiaomi don't have offices in Nigeria, no customer care, no staff, they pay ZERO tax, so it is easy for u to order for their products online and get it delivered to u, of course it would be cheaper with no tax paid. And before u call me an infinix staff... I don't use any trassion product but I give credit to them for making smartphones affordable to Nigerians.

Where was ur xiaomi a few years ago when smartphone aquisition was a luxury for an average Nigerian? But tecno saw the market, they invested in it and now they are reaping their reward and u are here shouting xiaomi. What economical value has xiaomi added to Nigeria? At least tecno and infinix pay tax, they empoy Nigerians, they make promos, they sponsor events... What has ur xiaomi done ?

I understand tecno and infinix can do better with their pricing and quality of their products, but it is very wrong the way u put it, talking as if xiaomi are the Messiah. Let xiaomi launch their phones in Nigeria , pay tax and see whether they will still sell those phones for the same price u buy them when u shop from China. I'm not saying tecno and infinix products are Superior to xiaomi, hell no. Xiaomi are a far bigger company.. but it's not a phone u can go to the store and buy. When I break ur display or need to change ur charging port u still will need to order for the parts. So they both have their pros and cons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by fibonacci2526: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
@greenhulk this same product is sold for approximately $140 dollars in india(9000 rupees i.e ₦51k) . This is my major challenge with them. Launch lower in some other countries and rip Nigerians off. Not on at all.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
I am not promoting Xiaomi.....or contracting the fact Transsion targeted Africa Market but urging for a balance in better quality and pricing.I once used Infinix Zero 3 swiching Redmi note 5 looking at the features and comparing infinix or tecno definitely a kick to Nigeria fans and customers extended.I have used Tecno C9 with embedded Iris scanner which was a good one but a failure in design.
greenhulk:

Dude u just came here and started promoting xioami and whoever doesn't agree with u then u quickly tag them as infinix staff. What u wrote is a load of rubbish. Yes trassion products don't match xiomi products pound for pound but u are clearly forgetting one thing here. Xiaomi don't have offices in Nigeria, no customer care, no staff, they pay ZERO tax, so it is easy for u to order for their products online and get it delivered to u, of course it would be cheaper with no tax paid. And before u call me an infinix staff... I don't use any trassion product but I give credit to them for making smartphones affordable to Nigerians.

Where was ur xiaomi a few years ago when smartphone aquisition was a luxury for an average Nigerian? But tecno saw the market, they invested in it and now they are reaping their reward and u are here shouting xiaomi. What economical value has xiaomi added to Nigeria? At least tecno and infinix pay tax, they empoy Nigerians, they make promos, they sponsor events... What has ur xiaomi done ?

I understand tecno and infinix can do better with their pricing and quality of their products, but it is very wrong the way u put it, talking as if xiaomi are the Messiah. Let xiaomi launch their phones in Nigeria , pay tax and see whether they will still sell those phones for the same price u buy them when u shop from China. I'm not saying tecno and infinix products are Superior to xiaomi, hell no. Xiaomi are a far bigger company.. but it's not a phone u can go to the store and buy. When I break ur display or need to change ur charging port u still will need to order for the parts. So they both have their pros and cons.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
The problem is when somone make a reference to a product inversely seen as a ads review....When will africa adopt standard....? Infinix or tecno less transsion in use in other developed countries ?
greenhulk:

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
Nigeria is their finishing market in India Xiaomi got the market,Goinee etc
fibonacci2526:
@greenhulk this same product is sold for approximately $140 dollars in india(9000 rupees i.e ₦51k) . This is my major challenge with them. Launch lower in some other countries and rip Nigerians off. Not on at all.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
You speak well...Thats my major point midrange phone with massive payout or pricing tags
fibonacci2526:
I don't have a problem with tecno/infinix using MTK chipset but what I have a problem is with their pricing. Way too overpriced. How can you be quoting close to 35k for a phone with 1gb ram and a mtk6580m chipset in 2018. Ridiculous.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

This is where u people get it wrong. U are comparing prices directly with USD which is not done like that. Pricing differs in different countries based on tax, economy and some other factors. I will give u an example. Iphone X retails for $1,000 in the US. By ur logic it should be sold for around 700 Pounds in the UK going by direct exchange rate, but that is not the case.. it is sold for 1,000 Pounds in the Uk and around 1,170 Euros in some European countries. So because a product is sold for $140 in India doesn't mean it will sell for exact exchange rate in Nigeria.. there are many things that determine the price than meets the eyes. Unless u want to ship it directly from overseas.

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by fibonacci2526: 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
greenhulk:

This is where u people get it wrong. U are comparing prices directly with USD which is not done like that. Pricing differs in different countries based on tax, economy and some other factors. I will give u an example. Iphone X retails for $1,000 in the US. By ur logic it should be sold for around 700 Pounds in the UK going by direct exchange rate, but that is not the case.. it is sold for 1,000 Pounds in the Uk and around 1,170 Euros in some European countries. So because a product is sold for $140 in India doesn't mean it will sell for exact exchange rate in Nigeria.. there are many things that determine the price than meets the eyes. Unless u want to ship it directly from overseas.

For example the Redmi 5 is sold at the same rate in India for exactly the yuan exchange rate, what do you have to say about that? It's still a rip off by infinx whichever way you want to look at it.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

For example the Redmi 5 is sold at the same rate in India for exactly the yuan exchange rate, what do you have to say about that? It's still a rip off by infinx whichever way you want to look at it.

I won't say it's a rip off or not. But India is not Nigeria, the laws in Nigeria are different to India, tax is different, etc. Will u also say apple are ripping them off in Europe? Since they are selling a $1,000 phone for 1,000 pounds. And by ur logic using direct exchange rate, iphone x of $1,000 should be sold for 360,000 here in Nigeria. Why then is it sold for over 400,000 naira?

I challenge xiaomi to open their office in Nigeria pay the necessary tax, provide after sale services and let's see if they will sell their phones for the exact Yuan price. If not for anything at least provide competition for Trassion so they can review their price.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by olahero(m): 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
I have known of this transition company a long time ago, since then I have been shifting and avoiding buying there stuff, even people do comes to me for enlightenment on which phones to buy I always refer them to Gionee which I think is better their products.

There are good Chinese manufacturers that I knew that even better than these Infinix, Tecno and Itel but not as good as SD Qualcomm phones.

I am currently using Redmi Note 4 which is far better than any high end of their products, the speed is great, multitasking is wow, the 4100mAh is like 7kmAh because the optimisation is great, fingerprints is 0.1 but is like 0.0s because it's too fast, also the customisation of the MIUI 9.5 is great... Also the Camera is bomb both the front and back �.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
You have a point some chinese mobile are good....I have used Infinix and tecno phones but it has no match with my Redm note 5....Comparing the price tags and features im enjoying.Gionee is far better than infinix and tecno brands ...looking at the new S3 with snapdragon 430 the chipset is an old one and heats up alot bringing infinix to the limelight of giving fans outdated socs
olahero:
I have known of this transition company a long time ago, since then I have been shifting and avoiding buying there stuff, even people do comes to me for enlightenment on which phones to buy I always refer them to Gionee which I think is better their products.

There are good Chinese manufacturers that I knew that even better than these Infinix, Tecno and Itel but not as good as SD Qualcomm phones.

I am currently using Redmi Note 4 which is far better than any high end of their products, the speed is great, multitasking is wow, the 4100mAh is like 7kmAh because the optimisation is great, fingerprints is 0.1 but is like 0.0s because it's too fast, also the customisation of the MIUI 9.5 is great... Also the Camera is bomb both the front and back �.

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Oluwadare316(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
TimiAgbola:
Thanks for commenting...I have my personal experience with Transsion products,even Carl Centers ,they focus on market dominance my last phone was Zero 3 ,i have to give a Mi products a try and to my surprise discovered what i have been missing for years been a fan....
. pls what are some of the things that you have been missing .
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by gogeekish(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
Sometimes, greenhulk take sides without understanding what people meant.

The talk isn't about job created by Tecno or Infinix. Also, it is not about their customer service being present in the country. Outside carlcare, how many Xperia, HTC or LG customer care delivers?

We are talking about what the device is worth. Not the economic importance to the country.

Beside it is putting out money from people's wallet to theirs.

My occupation is phone service. I see heap of neatly used Tecno, Infinix and itel just dead for no reason. And this is becoming too rampant.

Eg, Tecno W3 rules in terms of Sudden Instant Dead syndrome.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by tafat: 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please if you dont mind,what exactly is ur point? tecno phones are great
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by OneKinGuy(m): 1:22am On Mar 26, 2018
I used to be a tecno fan but everything changed when i got 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x' grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by S3ttingz: 2:39am On Mar 26, 2018
I am beginning to blame myself for choosing infinix note 4 over redmi note 4.
The infinix note series, have issues of battery charging, sometimes it takes around 12hrs to charge full, and if you are lucky or u just got it new around 6 hrs. Where do I get such electricity supply from in a country like Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Nobody: 3:17am On Mar 26, 2018
gogeekish:
Sometimes, greenhulk take sides without understanding what people meant.

The talk isn't about job created by Tecno or Infinix. Also, it is not about their customer service being present in the country. Outside carlcare, how many Xperia, HTC or LG customer care delivers?

We are talking about what the device is worth. Not the economic importance to the country.

Beside it is putting out money from people's wallet to theirs.

My occupation is phone service. I see heap of neatly used Tecno, Infinix and itel just dead for no reason. And this is becoming too rampant.

Eg, Tecno W3 rules in terms of Sudden Instant Dead syndrome.

I'm not taking sides as I don't even use Tecno or Infinix, though I have someone that uses Infinix hot 4 pro for close to 2 yrs now and phone has served really well.. apart from changed charging port (which is normally the problem with Infinix phones). Multitasking is surpisingly good, battery life too. U can see from the Infinix hot S3 thread how I bashed infinix when their agents try to deceive people with snapdragon 430. Infinix and Tecno need to improve the quality of their products especially now that lots of cheap badass phones are coming from China.

However, it looked the the Op opened this thread just to promote Xiaomi because he kept mentioning them. U cannot pay the same price buying a phone online from overseas and buying directly from a shop in Nigeria.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Pat081: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2018
So because of dnt buy dis phones u re writing stories books n some states budget re nt up to wot u hv dia
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
S3ttingz:
I am beginning to blame myself for choosing infinix note 4 over redmi note 4.
The infinix note series, have issues of battery charging, sometimes it takes around 12hrs to charge full, and if you are lucky or u just got it new around 6 hrs. Where do I get such electricity supply from in a country like Nigeria
lies.
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by jetz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
TimiAgbola:
Hi Nairaland Fans and Nigeria Fans ....
Today i wanna outline loads of deficiencies in buying MTK or Transsion phones.
First i will outline the tree of Transsion phones flooding Africa regions.Transsion is company tag hosting sub divisions of MTK manufactures in likes of Infinix,Tecno,Itel,Gtel etc and their company focus is over flood Africa and Sub Sahara regions with Mid-range phones.
MTK or Mediatek knows as the less economical chip-sets ( MT6738,MT6795 (Helio X10),MT6750 ect ) MediaTek which is a Taiwanese company was founded in 1997 where it first began to manufacture chip-sets for DVD, digital TVs etc. So, Qualcom already had a big head start way ahead of MediaTek.
MediaTek brought in its relatively cheaper range of processors.
But to be fair we have better MediaTek processors or chipsets like the X10,X25,X30 or P series which are cheaper like the P10,P25.

Transsion company which focus on making money in Africa and Sub Sahara regions dont care for quality but aesthetic designs to lure and fool Africans believing in their products and inversly making hell of money.
For example Infinix a sub division under Transsion check out the list of phones produced Hot Note,Hot,Hot 2,Hot 3,Hot 4/Pro,Hot 5 ,Zero 2,Zero 3,Zero 4/Pro/Plus and Zero 5.
Tecno and Infinix focuses on fooling customers with mid-range features,Camera,Premium body designs,and using Digital Marketing to protray midrange devices.Chinese focus to take over Africa using Technology innovations gave them room to exploit Africa believing they only love taking selfies or videoing.
99% of Infinix ,Tecno phones are midrange and running on ported Android OS.To get customers believing in them they device a activities like outdoor activities to fool customers.Using Advert channels to portray false information.
Look at loads of complaints coming from fans,poor battery performance,Ram optimization bugs,Google compatibility errors,App poor functionality etc.
To bluster their wing they inverted Carl Care Service centres to fool fans believing in their products,whereas loads of repeated complaints coming in all devices.To get going they remove older devices out of definition leaving customers frustrated without enjoying their hard earned purchased. Devices are expensive despite poor and mid-range features.Poor sensors,limited functionality,in GPU,OS and Processors etc.
Using Camera and P processors to fool fans increasing their Ram to 6GB whereas looking at 6GB Ram still has no match compared to Samsung,Xiaomi,Nokia etc 4GB Ram speed and Snapdragon processors etc.
Do to complaints from fans and high drop in patronage they released Hot 3 with Snapdragon Soc Hahahahahahaha looking at the Hot 3 reviews so far still using Digital Marketing tricks.They are trying to make fans believe Hot 3 can be compared with Iphone X ,Samsung Nokia...Stop this APC media propangada before thunder strike all those bloggers advertising for Transsion products.

My advice to Nigerians please if you love your money go for Xiaomi ,Nokia or have more money Samsung...I am Redmi Note 5 and Infinix Zero 5 or Hot 3 has no match with my phone.In gaming texture,GPU rendering ,sensors etc.
You purchase via Ali Express,Gear etc.
Africa should wake up.now.Despite they employed our brothers but they are killing our potentials to be a tech giant. Transsions phones are banned in some countries but they are taking Africa as their eating ground.....

bro ur head get oil if you know u know its as simple as that

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
TimiAgbola:
If brands like Xiaomi other new brands comes to Nigeria infinix pack off.I have seen the Hot 3 review check out a review of the old chipset and price tag you will definitely agree with me this Transssion are just playing mind game....Check out Xiaomi products and price accurate price tags but infinix tagging a midrange expensive which has no features.I took time to give up in Infinix zero 3 looking how much i bought it..let speak uo bro
If Nokia couldn't penetrate na Xiaomi wan do am?
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
Nigerians hate the youth and thats what leaders are using too fool us
jetz:
bro ur head get oil if you know u know its as simple as that
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
I can you got nothing relevant to say
Pat081:
So because of dnt buy dis phones u re writing stories books n some states budget re nt up to wot u hv dia
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2018
You can say that again
OneKinGuy:
I used to be a tecno fan but everything changed when i got 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x' grin
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by Freelancerx: 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Don't tell them what to do. If they like Tecno let them buy. Even if it is the other brands. Let them buy. Lol
Re: Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... by TimiAgbola(m): 12:32am On Mar 27, 2018
They believe Majority of Nigeria users lack Tech knowledge using that deficiency they device a smart way to fool customers using camera deisgn and body design...whereas the core functionality is zero with outdated socs and cheaper chips inversely high price.
Freelancerx:
Don't tell them what to do. If they like Tecno let them buy. Even if it is the other brands. Let them buy. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hidden Secret Of Mtn monthly Whatsapp Subscription / If You Didn't Use Or Know This Device, You're An Indomitable Generation / Hilarious Infinix Hot Note PRO Vs Infinix Hot Vs Tecno M3 Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.