Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? (14691 Views)

How She Passed Away And Was Replaced In 2 Days / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! / How Do I Overcome This Temptation From This Sexy Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Mutemenot(m): 10:10am On Mar 25, 2018
Hi my colleagues!!
My Dad passed away, I tried to be a man but within me im dying in pains. I have had more time here reading threads and comments just to let the pains off my mind but I haven't found a lasting consolement. May I have a way forward from you guys ? embarassed

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by onlyme07(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2018
Sorry for your loss bro. That's the normal feeling and since nothing can be done,just accept fate and move on with life.

Give it time,it will (the feelings) pass way.

Welcome to the fatherless club.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Mutemenot(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2018
onlyme07:
Sorry for your loss bro. That's the normal feeling and since nothing can be done,just accept fate and move on with life.

Give it time,it will (the feelings) pass way.

Welcome to the fatherless club.
Thank you bro. I'm doing my best to let it but it's not really easy.
Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Reallymilky(f): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
This feeling of loss, the pain of immense loss will pass..... Eventually and you ll be left with memories in flashes.... Keep that in mind. Be around people, don't stay alone because your thoughts may stray and you ll start feeling the pain. Do more of activities that gives you fun and with time, you ll be okay. May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss. I'm so sorry for the loss.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Mutemenot(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
Reallymilky:
This feeling of loss, the pain of immense loss will pass..... Eventually and you ll be left with memories in flashes.... Keep that in mind. Be around people, don't stay alone because your thoughts may stray and you ll start feeling the pain. Do more of activities that gives you fun and with time, you ll be okay. May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss. I'm so sorry for the loss.

Thanks dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Prognose: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mutemenot:
Hi my colleagues!!
My Dad passed away, I tried to be a man but within me im dying in pains. I have had more time here reading threads and comments just to let the pains off my mind but I haven't found a lasting consolement. May I have a way forward from you guys ? embarassed

Funny question I want to ask but : Have you cried? Have you had a real good long cry (in private of course where no one can see you)?

Trust me, it helps.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Mutemenot(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
Prognose:

Funny question I want to ask but : Have you cried? Have you had a real good long cry (in private of course where no one can see you)?

Trust me, it helps.

I haven't and I don't want to cos that would remind me alot thereby causing more harm. I also try to avoid discussing his death. Seeing my sis, mom n bro crying cracks me most.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Prognose: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mutemenot:

I haven't and I don't want to cos that would remind me alot thereby causing more harm. I also try to avoid discussing his death. Seeing my sis, mom n bro crying cracks me most.

No, it won't cause more harm

See you are already troubled so much that you opened a thread about it.

Mourn dude. Go somewhere quiet and weep. Think about the good times and bad times with him and weep deep. Get it out of your system.

I almost developed health issues after the death of my dad. I refused to cry. Heck, I laughed and joked in public most times. But I was being consumed inside, like a black hole that just kept getting bigger. After a while I couldn't even sleep.

I finally suddenly and unexpectedly burst into tears one day. Went into a security man's post to weep (the guy must have been shocked grin). It lasted about 20mins but it helped a lot. Wiped my tears and came out grinning again and all was well.

Seriously, take time out and do a private memorial, just you and him. You'll feel better.

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Mutemenot(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
[quote author=Prognose post=66143148]

No, it won't cause more harm

Ok bro. Thanks for your concern, I have to consider cos the more I try to be a man the more I feel the shock .
Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by TrojanSnail: 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
You don't overcome the pain of losing someone precious to you. You can only try and manage to move on and engage in activities at the moment when you are most hurt, also, you need to make yourself accept that death is a natural thing and can happen to anyone at anytime.. The pain will subdue with time..Take heart and take care of your family, may God be with you

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Mutemenot(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
TrojanSnail:
You don't overcome the pain of losing someone precious to you. You can only try and manage to move on and engage in activities at the moment when you are most hurt, also, you need to make yourself accept that death is a natural thing and can happen to anyone at anytime.. The pain will subdue with time..Take heart and take care of your family, may God be with you
Thanks bro. God bless u
Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by kapelvej: 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
Oh my dear, please take it easy. I choose to study medicine because of my Father But he passed on same year I graduated

10 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by hasyak(m): 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
Time heals

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Donald3d(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
My Uncles 2nd Year memorial is in 2 weeks time.He died of colon cancer.He was only 48.He was like a father, because I grew up with him and I can say I love him more than my dad(make my papa no catch me , he comes to Nairaland o grin grin grin).

When he died, I was consumed, i shut everyone out of my life, I hurt other people.Most importantly I hurt myself constantly.

The person who adviced you to cry, gave you a good advice.Cry very well, in fact weep, think of him and feel pity on yourself .
Do it for like 3 days - a week or even 2 weeks, then ask your self a question, is he coming back ?.NO.Heck !, I no its harsh, but he isn't coming back.I miss my uncle more than anything in this world.Nothing else has caused me so much pain in this life.

But I looked around me, looked at my sisters, myself.And other people I live for , they need me .Don't cause more harm to yourself, it can cause health issues.

Find things you love, people you love who are still alive and focus on those things.They need you, and most importantly you need yourself.No matter what happens he isn't coming back.

I got over him this way, scratch that, I didnt get over him, I got over the feeling of remorse, but I miss him and the good moments we shared, that makes me laugh and smile these days.

In short try to be positive, I know its hard, but try.Stay around friends and people who make you laugh, never give in to things like drinking, it won't help !.If you are married cry in your wife's arm and let her console you.Allow your self to feel vulnerable.Then get back up again.And focus on things that matter now.Think of the things you love and the people you love, they need you.Most importantly, you need yourself.God bless you bro.Praying for you.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 6:46am On Mar 27, 2018
go get a sugar daddy and you will overcome the pain
Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Henrypraise: 6:47am On Mar 27, 2018
I can relate to ur situation in my own way... Wen i lost my dad wat helped me was being around friends n family, as family we stucked togeda n shared our memories, we cried wen necessary n we healed togeda, it madr it easier for us n everyone got carried along in d healing process. we got lots of encouragement from friends who made fun of d whole situation n tried to relieve our grief...

d consolation we av in grief was d fact dat our dad livee a gud life (tho not perfect) n in his last days we stood by him.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 27, 2018
Time will heal you, in the meantime go and look for a beer parlour to drink beer
Mutemenot:
Hi my colleagues!!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by TTLegacy: 6:47am On Mar 27, 2018
Go by way of science student Naa......
Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by nosagold(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2018
Mutemenot:
Hi my colleagues!!

Bury yourself in Christ Jesus. You'll be amazed how much he'll console you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by moscobabs(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2018
The fair of taking responsibilities by yourself grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by awa(m): 6:48am On Mar 27, 2018
Bros console yourself in the Lord

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 27, 2018
I remember how I felt when I lost my mother.
My dreams of acquiring tertiary education died immediately at least for the mean time. ..
I was lost and still lost in the world but trust me when I say you should give it time.

It is just a phase.
It will pass.

Time heals all wound unless you are hit by a RPG grin

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by sdindan: 6:49am On Mar 27, 2018
Welcome to the party.

Mine died 28 yrs ago and am still bouncing in d Lord.

Take heart. God will be ur strength.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Luukasz(m): 6:51am On Mar 27, 2018
Bruhv take heart, just know you've overcomed the pain... if you hadn't overcomed it you wouldn't have the strength to type this thread

4 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Divay22(f): 6:51am On Mar 27, 2018
Sorry about that.

Don't stress it, cry it all out if you're hurt.. But remember he wouldn't be happy seeing you sad where ever he is now..
He would want you to move on and not wallow in self pity..
It's hard, but you can try.... The world is harsh and cruel, but don't be scared, God gat you...

Whenever you miss him, just think of the good times you guys shared, and be happy.....
EVERYTHING IS WELL AND IT'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT...

Heart you.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by BlackDBagba: 6:54am On Mar 27, 2018
It is well
Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by EmmyDJourno: 6:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Look up to heaven, God is your new Father

I lost my dad 6days after my 8th birthday, I grew up with lots of anger, seeing other kids get what I knew my father would've given me

Believing my destiny was to be a smash and grab street kid, through all my issues, I noticed I had a saving grace in comparison with others who caused trouble alongside me

In the end, I found my Father in heaven and my steps have been redirected

God is your father now, no dull am, call him he would answer wink

10 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Go somewhere private and cry it all out. You will feel a bit better.
So very sorry for your loss. You will meet your dad again in paradise and for now, God strengthen you and your family members. Amen .

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by Luukasz(m): 6:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Jhayeahsam01:
go get a sugar daddy
and you will overcome the pain
Folks like you are one of reasons Nnamdi kanu calls Nigeria a zoo... so getting a sugar daddy is all you could think of.
Bobo yi oyi lori gan oo!!

7 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by risos(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2018
My condolences on your loss, but on a serious note your need to cry seriously, embrace death with your heart. We all heed the call at one point or another. Talk about your father with your family both good and bad times, sometimes you'll laugh your head off other times you cry your tears dry. Don't reject what has just happen.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? by ZombieTAMER: 6:55am On Mar 27, 2018
Mutemenot:
Hi my colleagues!!

Sorry.... Time heals all wounds
Nothing much you can do
The feeling is normal

Just give it time
Don't be alone right now
Stay strong

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christian Songs We Sing With Wrong And Funny Lyrics / Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.