Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX (6879 Views)

EASYBUY PHONES- Inability To Assess Developer Options Or Factory Reset Phone / I Have Not Been Able To Download Or Update Apps From Playstore / Why You Should Choose Techno L9plus Over Canon CX Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by op4real(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Dear Gurus in the house, please assist me on what to do as my Camon CX Techno has not been able to download new app nor update the current ones I have on my phone. I initially thought it was lack of memory space and I bought a 32gb SDCard and internal memory space is now 3.2gb and the problem still persists. Each time I tried to download or update, it writes download pending and displays as if it is downloading but verified by play protect is displayed underneath. Please advise on what to do or how to resolve this issue as all applications on my phone are almost out of date.

Thank you.
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by kvngjesse(m): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
op4real:
Dear Gurus in the house, please assist me on what to do as my Camon CX Techno has not been able to download new app nor update the current ones I have on my phone. I initially thought it was lack of memory space and I bought a 32gb SDCard and internal memory space is now 3.2gb and the problem still persists. Each time I tried to download or update, it writes download pending and displays as if it is downloading but verified by play protect is displayed underneath. Please advise on what to do or how to resolve this issue as all applications on my phone are almost out of date.

Thank you.
Go to your settings, app select google play , then storage and clear cache
If it still shows pending, maybe there are apps updating emselves in the back ground, turn off auto update

1 Like

Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by bravesoul247(m): 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
How can one clear cache on TECNO Spark??
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by internationalman(m): 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
settings App click on the 3 dots at d top right corner select reset app preference...
The clear data and cache on Google Play.

1 Like

Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by Behankey(m): 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Follow the above advice. Go to settings and clear the data app of Google Play Services and Google Play store. And try again.

1 Like

Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by op4real(m): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
[quote author=Behankey post=66150389]Follow the above advice. Go to settings and clear the data app of Google Play Services and Google Play store. And try again.[/quote]

Thanks a million for your your suggested solution post but each time I get to clear data app, it prompts me that all data related to apps will be lost, I stopped at that level, will clicking OK not clear off all my data and revert the device to factory setting? The screen shot is attached.
Thanking you once again for your assistance.

Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by scarycuteface(m): 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
op4real:
[quote author=Behankey post=66150389]Follow the above advice. Go to settings and clear the data app of Google Play Services and Google Play store. And try again.

Thanks a million for your your suggested solution post but each time I get to clear data app, it prompts me that all data related to apps will be lost, I stopped at that level, will clicking OK not clear off all my data and revert the device to factory setting? The screen shot is attached.
Thanking you once again for your assistance.
click ok. It will reset your app store. Not the phone's settings.

1 Like

Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by op4real(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
kvngjesse:

Go to your settings, app select google play , then storage and clear cache
If it still shows pending, maybe there are apps updating emselves in the back ground, turn off auto update

internationalman:
settings
App
click on the 3 dots at d top right corner
select reset app preference...

The clear data and cache on Google Play.

Behankey:
Follow the above advice. Go to settings and clear the data app of Google Play Services and Google Play store. And try again.

scarycuteface:
click ok. It will reset your app store. Not the phone's settings.

Thank you. I just clicked OK now and it worked. Words cannot express my appreciation. More blessings to you sirs.

Regards.
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by kvngjesse(m): 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
op4real:

Thank you. I just clicked OK now and it worked. Words cannot express my appreciation. More blessings to you sirs.

Regards.
Yo welcome bro
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by Behankey(m): 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
op4real:

Regards.
good. Glad it worked. Enjoy your device.
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by Jaculze(m): 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
I hope the solutions proffered work??
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by scarycuteface(m): 9:27am On Mar 29, 2018
op4real:

Regards.
Okay. That's good. Enjoy
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by tafat: 8:31am On Apr 02, 2018
bravesoul247:
How can one clear cache on TECNO Spark??
go to settings ,under apps, click on the app of your choice and clear cache
Re: Inability To Download App Or Update Apps On Google Play Store On My Canon CX by Realboygenius(m): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2018
Install a new Google play app

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Tecno Android Is Better Than Blackberry / Unboxing Leagoo M8 Pro / Tecno To Launch The Tecno Camon Cmore This January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.