Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Would Heaven Not Be Boring? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would Heaven Not Be Boring? (2097 Views)

The Body Of Christ Is In Heaven, Not On Earth. *Update: Paul's Also Said This. / A Perfect World Or Heaven. Not Really As Good As You Think / Will Heaven Be Boring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Butterflyleo: 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
purem:

Who has a mental disorder between me and you

Have you forgotten when you said you're not a theist (theologies) but you can carry any matter concerning religion 4 head pass 50 volatile theist combined together

By the way where the fvck did pull out those shiits u posted up there from

Google is your friend.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

What is a soul? Never seen it.
That means you are soulless.
Well, let me lecture you small.
Your soul is the real you. You only live in a container which is your body.
When this your body dies, your real you come out. Will you wait till your body dies before you know this?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

What is a soul? Never seen it.
When this your body dies, your real you come out. Will you wait till your body dies before your know this?
And do you care to know what will happen to you after this death of body?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Emmanystone: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
purem:

You ehn even your imaginary God sef doesn't understand how the whitish manures in your head works.

Religion has really exposed how stupid/gullible you can be

Abeg yan me, inside you and butterflyleo abi na lion who mumu past?
Your eye go clear.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by sKeetz(m): 1:03am On Mar 27, 2018
terrezo2002:

When this your body dies, your real you come out. Will you wait till your body dies before your know this?

How do you know about this soul since one has to die before it comes out?? Have you died before?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by iamwhat: 1:36am On Mar 27, 2018
Your assertion is very funny, just listen to yourself:
Heaven would be boring because of constant happiness and hell would be lively because you'll get used to suffering after some time, really ?

If heaven would be boring due to constant jubilations how would hell be lively due to its constant suffering ?

And why did you skip the part of the Bible that says there would be a new Jerusalem on earth ?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 7:11am On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

How do you know about this soul since one has to die before it comes out?? Have you died before?
I am sorry you have a lot to learn and I cannot begin to explain all these things to you. When you attain to some level of spirituality, you will understand all these things without being taught.
There are two side of spirituality, the Devil side and the God side, both will enlighten you, but if you choose the God side, you would have chosen life eternal, but if you choose the devil side, you have chosen to suffer for eternity.
As it is you are ignorantly on the devil side because whosoever is not for Christ Jesus is against God. You are only spiritually blind.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 7:29am On Mar 27, 2018
terrezo2002:

I am sorry you have a lot to learn and I cannot begin to explain all these things to you. When you attain to some level of spirituality, you will understand all these things without being taught.
There are two side of spirituality, the Devil side and the God side, both will enlighten you, but if you choose the God side, you would have chosen life eternal, but if you choose the devil side, you have chosen to suffer for eternity.
As it is you are ignorantly on the devil side because whosoever is not for Christ Jesus is against God. You are only spiritually blind.

The usual rhetoric y'all parrot whenever you can't back up any of the nonsense you're talking about, a copout that makes y'all sound exactly like a drug addict on a high sees a sober person

terrezo2002: Look at the helicopter flying and the blades aren't rotating and its even passing through walls. wow! (We have souls) these Oyinbos don come with another ogbonge thing o

sKeetz: WTF I see no helicopter at all let alone one that's flying without his wings and passing through walls and buildings, are you sure of this claim? (Souls? have you seen one before? what makes you so sure?)

terrezo2002: You can't see it cuz you're not high enough to see it and I can't explain it to you until you've achieved a certain level of high. Here, take this weed, acid, psychedelic mushroom, PCP, Mescaline take it and you'll see what I see. (Until you achieve a certain level of spirituality you can't see souls)

sKeetz: Erhm keep your drugs (keep your spirituality)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 7:34am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

The usual rhetoric y'all parrot whenever you can't back up any of the nonsense you're talking about, a copout that makes y'all sound exactly like a drug addict on a high sees a sober person

terrezo2002: Look at the helicopter flying and the blades aren't rotating and its even passing through walls. wow! (We have souls) these Oyinbos don come with another ogbonge thing o

sKeetz: WTF I see no helicopter at all let alone one that's flying without his wings and passing through walls and buildings, are you sure of this claim? (Souls? have you seen one before? what makes you so sure?)

terrezo2002: You can't see it cuz you're not high enough to see it and I can't explain it to you until you've achieved a certain level of high. Here, take this weed, acid, psychedelic mushroom, PCP, Mescaline take it and you'll see what I see. (Until you achieve a certain level of spirituality you can't see souls)

sKeetz: Erhm keep your drugs (keep your spirituality)
You only explain things to those who wish to learn and not mockers. You and the rest of your crew will die mocking if you continue this way.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 7:44am On Mar 27, 2018
terrezo2002:

You only explain things to those who wish to learn and not mockers. You and the rest of your crew will die mocking if you continue this way.

I'm here to mock any belief that can't be substantiated so yes, I mocked your nonsense and I'll keep mocking your nonsense till I die but it probably won't be mocking a belief that would kill me unless the person holding the belief decides to kill me. as soon as I see nonsense I mock and ridicule it. I can never respect nonsensical belief and no, its not restricted to religions alone, I ridicule secular nonsense as well.

Y'all have this copout already in hand which you deploy anytime you're pushed to a corner called "Spirituality" and y'all sound like drug addict telling a sober person he needs to get high to understand why someone on an acid trip walked and fell off a 12 storey building

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 8:48am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I'm here to mock any belief that can't be substantiated so yes, I mocked your nonsense and I'll keep mocking your nonsense till I die but it probably won't be mocking a belief that would kill me unless the person holding the belief decides to kill me. as soon as I see nonsense I mock and ridicule it. I can never respect nonsensical belief and no, its not restricted to religions alone, I ridicule secular nonsense as well.

Y'all have this copout already in hand which you deploy anytime you're pushed to a corner called "Spirituality" and y'all sound like drug addict telling a sober person he needs to get high to understand why someone on an acid trip walked and fell off a 12 storey building
Well, life itself is a choice. You either choose to live or die; you either choose to believe or doubt. Before I leave you to your belief, let me tell you things you need to know. Decide what to do with this information.
You are a spirit dwelling in a physical body. Your spirit which is the real you yearns to express himself, but your physical body is limiting it. Both the body and the spirit which is also called your soul are constantly at war with each other.
Feed the flesh more and more, you suppress the spirit; but feed the spirit more and more, you suppress the flesh. You need to feed both to stay alive.
Sometimes you dream and some of the dreams come true in the nearest future and you don't know why.
Sometimes, you hear voices in your mind and you don't know how that came to be.
When you seperate yourself from the noise of the world and you are quiet within, your spirit gets information easily from the spiritual world.
(every ideas you receive comes from the spirit, it takes your spirit to receive them). There is a warning to that though. Ideas come from either God or Satan.
To become spiritually aware, you can do this:
Empty yourself of everything you have come to believe.
Fast; stay away from food, for like 7 days. You can take water. Try as much as possible to avoid people, go to quiet places, be calm and be honest.
Talk to your creator. Say your mind to Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you.
You may not get answer within the 7 days, but I tell you the truth, your experiences when God pays you a visit cannot be forgotten and your mouth can never be shut because you will always talk about it.
Those who seek God always find Him. God loves to reveal Himself to sincere and humble hearts. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2018
terrezo2002:

Well, life itself is a choice. You either choose to live or die; you either choose to believe or doubt. Before I leave you to your belief, let me tell you things you need to know. Decide what to do with this information.
You are a spirit dwelling in a physical body. Your spirit which is the real you yearns to express himself, but your physical body is limiting it. Both the body and the spirit which is also called your soul are constantly at war with each other.
Feed the flesh more and more, you suppress the spirit; but feed the spirit more and more, you suppress the flesh. You need to feed both to stay alive.
Sometimes you dream and some of the dreams come true in the nearest future and you don't know why.
Sometimes, you hear voices in your mind and you don't know how that came to be.
When you seperate yourself from the noise of the world and you are quiet within, your spirit gets information easily from the spiritual world.
(every ideas you receive comes from the spirit, it takes your spirit to receive them). There is a warning to that though. Ideas come from either God or Satan.
To become spiritually aware, you can do this:
Empty yourself of everything you have come to believe.
Fast; stay away from food, for like 7 days. You can take water. Try as much as possible to avoid people, go to quiet places, be calm and be honest.
Talk to your creator. Say your mind to Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you.
You may not get answer within the 7 days, but I tell you the truth, your experiences when God pays you a visit cannot be forgotten and your mouth can never be shut because you will always talk about it.
Those who seek God always find Him. God loves to reveal Himself to sincere and humble hearts. Wish you all the best.

There's a misconception that is popular amongst Christians. y'all think we exChristians (especially atheists) left Christianity without fighting ourselves in order to hold onto it. you make it sound like letting go was easy peasy, there might be a few who leaving was very easy for but overwhelming majority of exChristians tried hard to keep the faith against their better judgement

It wasn't easy for me leaving Christianity and I tried several spiritual tricks (I learnt) to try to keep the faith, kept going to church and going for special prayers in an attempt to revive the faith and stay in the cozy bubble but at some point I realised I just have to let go as the more I tried the more nonsensical Christianity gets perceived by me

so I laugh whenever I hear Christians tell me how I can find their god, tricks that they recommend are tricks I tried before dumping Christianity but they're of the assumption that the trick has to work!

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by terrezo2002(m): 9:38am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

There's a misconception that is popular amongst Christians. y'all think we exChristians (especially atheists) left Christianity without fighting ourselves in order to hold onto it. you make it sound like letting go was easy peasy, there might be a few who leaving was very easy for but overwhelming majority of exChristians tried hard to keep the faith against their better judgement

It wasn't easy for me leaving Christianity and I tried several spiritual tricks (I learnt) to try to keep the faith, kept going to church and going for special prayers in an attempt to revive the faith and stay in the cozy bubble but at some point I realised I just have to let go as the more I tried the more nonsensical Christianity gets perceived by me

so I laugh whenever I hear Christians tell me how I can find their god, tricks that they recommend are tricks I tried before dumping Christianity but they're of the assumption that the trick has to work!
I will be praying for you then. I believe it is just a little thing that needs to change.
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by sKeetz(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2018
terrezo2002:

LOL

Go and take your meds boy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Primesky(m): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2018
If heaven is a boring place, the devil wouldn't have any business fighting people not to go there.

OP, don't allow the devil deceive you, he was once there but lost it, he knows what is there but you don't.

Eyes have not seen what God has prepared for them that love him.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
Primesky:
If heaven is a boring place, the devil wouldn't have any business fighting people not to go there.

OP, don't allow the devil deceive you, he was once there but lost it, he knows what is there but you don't.

Eyes have not seen what God has prepared for them that love him.
To quote a friend: "Heaven's supposed to be this really great place, right? So how come a third of the angels got pissed off??"

2 Likes

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by dalaman: 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:
To quote a friend: "Heaven's supposed to be this really great place, right? So how come a third of the angels got pissed off??"

They don't think through the nonsense they post. So there is this great place called heaven yet we are told that the angels who are supposed to live there rebelled against God abi? Some even ran down to earth to cone and mate with women according to the bible. You guys should keep propagating your ridiculous Jewish mythology and fiction.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by Primesky(m): 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Pride! That's it. Tell me, if it's about enjoyment will it now be earth that will certisfy it? If you say yes, then I I would ask you who created the earth that now has the so called enjoyment. So, would God create a boring place for a palace and then create an enjoyment place for mortals?. Can't you see?. The devil just wanted so much which is outside of divine purpose. No true king, ruler, leader will rule without law and order. For disobeying it, those bad guys were kicked out.

Concerning there number, I am of the opinion that they became too familiar with God, and so if we do this thing (sin) and God gets angry, we will just say sorry and continue as normal, afterall He's all love.This is the same lie they are telling us today. But God used them as an example that though He is all love, He will not tolerate sin.

Heaven is a place to be my dear, do well, strive to get there. Jesus Christ is the way.

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

My friend you fight nothing, Mark Zuckerberg himself claims that he got to a point where he questioned everything but now he know better, yet did not turn atheist.

W. F. Kumuyi also pass through same situation as YOU almost became atheist, but he came out stronger to become a God's General. Years later his master Tai Solarin would later visit him at Deeper Life HQ, Lagos to commend him for his stand for Christ and his fearlessness to defend biblical truth

Solarin was one of the Outspoken atheist of 1900s.

Now what excuse have you
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:
To quote a friend: "Heaven's supposed to be this really great place, right? So how come a third of the angels got pissed sent off??"

They are like Nairaland atheist seeking relevance and wanted to take over the government through backdoor.

But the ancient of Days sent his noble and obedient angel to trash them

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
GoodMuyis:

My friend you fight nothing, Mark Zuckerberg himself claims that he got to a point where he questioned everything but now he know better, yet did not turn atheist.

W. F. Kumuyi also pass through same situation as YOU almost became atheist, but he came out stronger to become a God's General. Years later his master Tai Solarin would later visit him at Deeper Life HQ, Lagos to commend him for his stand for Christ and his fearlessness to defend biblical truth

Solarin was one of the Outspoken atheist of 1900s.

Now what excuse have you

I don't know what message this is supposed to pass

Zuckerberg was an atheist and it said so on his page but he later went back to Judaism. regardless I see no reason a Christian would use Judaism as an example but what do I know?

Kumuyi? good for him. you've got proof of the Solarin story or you heard it from Kumuyi himself? it would be interesting to see proof of him saying what you said he said to Kumuyi while being an atheist

All in all I don't know what message this is meant to pass. I should become a Jew? or I should go and commend Kumuyi for his stand for Christ and his fearlessness to defend biblical truth?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I don't know what message this is supposed to pass

Zuckerberg was an atheist and it said so on his page but he later went back to Judaism. regardless I see no reason a Christian would use Judaism as an example but what do I know?

Kumuyi? good for him. you've got proof of the Solarin story or you heard it from Kumuyi himself? it would be interesting to see proof of him saying what you said he said to Kumuyi while being an atheist

All in all I don't know what message this is meant to pass. I should become a Jew? or I should go and commend Kumuyi for his stand for Christ and his fearlessness to defend biblical truth?

Continue deceiving yourself as if you less understand me. Am not an morally bankrupt to the extent of lying to make a point

Mark was raised from birth as Jew
Kumuyi raised from birth as Christian
YOU raised from birth as Christian

What excuse have you, not even as intelligent as Kumuyi a University Don he questioned things as you do struggle with himself, but today you know where he is.

Here on Nairaland we have some like that

Am not here to argue as am bad at it. Am placing before you a mirror.

Selah

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Continue deceiving yourself as if you less understand me. Am not an morally bankrupt to the extent of lying to make a point

Mark was raised from birth as Jew
Kumuyi raised from birth as Christian
YOU raised from birth as Christian

What excuse have you, not even as intelligent as Kumuyi a University Don he questioned things as you do struggle with himself, but today you know where he is.

Here on Nairaland we have some like that

Am not here to argue as am bad at it. Am placing before you a mirror.

Selah

I'm not even arguing here but rather saying your point is kinda complicated

Mark was raised a Jew became an atheist and went back to Judaism, I still don't know why a Christian would use Mark as an example.

Kumuyi is not as intelligent as Stephen Hawkings either, intelligence has little to do with this and if you bring up Kumuyi all I need do is bring up an atheist who was regarded to be arguably the most intelligent man alive

Where did I say you're lying?
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I'm not even arguing here but rather saying your point is kinda complicated

Mark was raised a Jew became an atheist and went back to Judaism, I still don't know why a Christian would use Mark as an example.

Kumuyi is not as intelligent as Stephen Hawkings either, intelligence has little to do with this and if you bring up Kumuyi all I need do is bring up an atheist who was regarded to be arguably the most intelligent man alive

Where did I say you're lying?

Your opinion on Kumuyi vs Stephen belongs to you as am not custodian of their intellectual work, but i tell you those who knew WFK in university would not expect him to a pastor. While Stephen is spending 1000 hrs reading and studying only to fall between 1st & 2nd class.

Whereas Kumuyi is combining Studying and Bible studying (teaching other) and did not fail to badge his 1st class undisputed unlike Stephen who was only favored.

If we are to take scientific achievement into consideration, Kumuyi did not further his educational career as he turn to Bible teacber. But insider story (undocumented) has it that, during his project as a Mathematics student, discovered a mathematical flaw which had been there for ages but since professors who are his supervisor careless about it, that got buried inside his project. You can go and request for his project work at UI.

If a man like him can switch from Mathematics into Bibles and still be successful, world renowned, dont compare him with Hawkings, he has greatness built inside him.

Back to your matter, I cited the two examples base on the post i reply to 1st. A lot of people have gone through the stages of questioning things, but their outcome was not because they are previously delusion but because of the decision they took.

You becoming an atheist was not because you find any light but wanted to be that way. So what is the excuse

1 Like

Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by CuteMadridista: 2:39am On Mar 28, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Your opinion on Kumuyi vs Stephen belongs to you as am not custodian of their intellectual work, but i tell you those who knew WFK in university would not expect him to a pastor. While Stephen is spending 1000 hrs reading and studying only to fall between 1st & 2nd class.

Whereas Kumuyi is combining Studying and Bible studying (teaching other) and did not fail to badge his 1st class undisputed unlike Stephen who was only favored.

If we are to take scientific achievement into consideration, Kumuyi did not further his educational career as he turn to Bible teacber. But insider story (undocumented) has it that, during his project as a Mathematics student, discovered a mathematical flaw which had been there for ages but since professors who are his supervisor careless about it, that got buried inside his project. You can go and request for his project work at UI.

If a man like him can switch from Mathematics into Bibles and still be successful, world renowned, dont compare him with Hawkings, he has greatness built inside him.

Back to your matter, I cited the two examples base on the post i reply to 1st. A lot of people have gone through the stages of questioning things, but their outcome was not because they are previously delusion but because of the decision they took.

You becoming an atheist was not because you find any light but wanted to be that way. So what is the excuse
@bolded, so Mark is not deluded? Do you think Judaism is true? if No, then how do you say Mark isn't deluded?
Again, your using Mark as example keeps proving my point! Mark still stayed in Judaism and Kumuyi stayed in Christianity, obviously at least one of them is wrong and both orphans stayed cuz they felt cozy in it. That THEY don't see it as delusion doesn't mean its not one

"Greatness built inside him"? why not read the story of Hawkings? and I'll pick Hawkings ahead of any pastor Imam any day of the week, Hawkings is someone that'll be remembered 100-200-300 years from now but I bet you barely anyone would remember Kumuyi by then

No I'm not even comparing, I'm referring to intelligent people who left Christianity

If I were in the mood for arguing I'll show you what you're doing is called " Argument from Authority" - you can look it up and see how you're committing it and my subtle bringing of Hawkings was to use an atheist authority to expose it but you didn't see it
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by jossypet(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
It's just like saying prayer is boring. I tell u friend there's no place that will be more interesting than heaven because of the Lord's presence. There's an inexhaustible endless GLORY to behold day and night as we worship and relate with God almighty. Our present deep prayers today is just a glimpse. Please don't miss heaven for anything. God loves u
Re: Would Heaven Not Be Boring? by orunto27: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2018
Boringness is sickness. There is no sickness in Heaven.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Peter Kayode's Story - True Or False? / Nigerian Church Gives First Class Graduates Brand New Cars / Evidence- There are no 7 Or 72 Virgins As Rewards for martyrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.