Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,806,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge (3977 Views)

Dana White Caught Slapping His Wife, Anne / See Why Manchester United Fans Support Manchester City To Beat Their Club / Heartland Fc Of Imo Enjoys Dana Air Flight Ahead Of Match In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by AlexReports(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2018
Prior to the CAF Confederation Cup 2nd leg match between Akwa United and Al-Ittihad of Libya, some of our hostile North African brothers had bullied us on social media. One of their threats was that we do not have fans to intimidate opponent or cheer Akwa United to victory. Even when I brag about our sensational attacking force with the likes of Ubong Friday, Aniekeme Asuquo and Victor Mbaoma, I had more volleys of harsh replies with some ‘F…’ language.  A boastful Akram S H, from Libya posted on Facebook, ‘if you have fans you can win!’

The North African football is no doubt, far developed than ours with great quality and patronage. Thanks to the fans ‘force’ whose crucial role is observable to exert influence on the psychology of visitors, officials, economy and cultural advantage.

MFM FC could tell the difference after being white-wash before intimidating MC Alger with fans’ filled stadium. Similarly, Aniekan Udofia of Atlantic FM, Uyo recounted a frightening experience upon entering Tunisia as part of Akwa delegation for Al-Ittihad versus Akwa United.  A mere chant of the team’s anthem by thousands of voices made his feeble mind ask ‘is this war?’

No! But the home players would have something inspiring that the visiting players will only have in the dressing room — Nonstop motivation! In their thousand and sometime at four to three section of the stadium their voices with thunder and praise singing will be louder than that of our many drums and trumpets. They will go bare body in extreme cold weather and boo opposition player’s skilful dribble. Their deviance to nature sends a strong message to their foes while giving their friends a sense of commitment and focus on winning. Thus they sing and chant till the final blast of the whistle. Such fans surely prove that, ‘ you will never walk alone.’  

The move by Dana Air to reward Akwa United fans is therefore commendable. Apart from the excitement of being a lucky flight ticket winner, there is a general pride of partnership and hope of being rewarded one day.

From his perspective, a seasoned sportsman, coach and administrator observed that Dana’s reaction to fans supports business developmental process in sports. ‘‘Normally when I was playing, before we come to the stadium, it will be filled up. And the moment the stadium is filled up you try to let the fans enjoy your own talent that God has given to you. By mere looking at the pack full of crowd, you will try to show off your talent.  All what you see Dana Air do is sports development and it is to boast the morale of the players, if they do well you appreciate them and they will be ready for the next match . For me I want to really appreciate the Dana Airline for what there are doing. These days it is not only government that has to do it. We need to look for sponsors at least to help in developing sports.” Coach Aniedi Dickson, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Youth and Sports reacted.

For Mathew Etim, Akwa’s regular right full back, “it gives me more strength and power to play. If I was worn out, the fans’ chant and songs adds more spirit to play more. You know I have played CAF competition a couple times before now, I have seen a whole lot of fans in different countries cheering their team. Our own is our own. I love the recent increase in Akwa fans and even if you’re losing the fans still stand in for you, clapping and motivating you with every power they have. I appreciate them. Unlike before, hardly you see fans coming out like this. I think our play can also make the fans increase in numbers. If we play well for instance, to the view of three friends in the stadium, they will come back with more friends and family. They will say ‘old boy if you come and see the way Akwa play today, omo you will enjoy yourself’. I love what Dana air did and encourage more organisation and individual to motivate the fans. More will come to try their luck. ”

Gabriel Wassa said, “Every player needs fans because with the fans you will be able to do well in other for them to be happy. I believe fans play a very big part in football development. I always feel happy anytime I enter the stadium, see fans fill it up and cheering. Like when we play Al-Ittihad in Tunisia you their fan fill up the space as if we were playing them in Libya. I expect something special from the fans like singing for long not just the supporters club doing it. Different fans at different point doing their thing.’

For a stadium jam packed with fans, it makes central defender, Godspower Igudia feel thus. “one thing about fans is that there are the 12th man, you understand. They are very very important. They support and push the team even when you are left with your last strength. When you see the fans cheer you up, you will be boosted. It is something extraordinary so they are the 12th man of the team. One thing to increase the fans base is to increase awareness of the game and publicize the game on different media and languge. Also encourage them with some goddies when they come to the field. Those little things count a lot. What Dana Air did is a good initiative, its a good one and we must commend Dana Air. I believe this one is the tip of the iceberg they will definitely do more.’’

For the tall defender who has seen action in Switzerland and India, Akwa United vice captain Emmanuel Ariwachuckwu, there is also business reward if one invest in fans. ‘’You see in football, big crowd of fans are the tonic of the game. When you see big fans, I think they bring out more of you and you will want to show them what you know how to do. With more fans at the stadium our game is going to improve dramatically. My brother you need to see what it means to be a fan when we played Ittihad at Tunisia. There were no drums but their voice was deafening than a thousands of drums in Nigerian league. That is what they call fans. North African fans are good. Due to situation of things in Nigeria, the fans here need motivation. I don’t know if those ones in North Africa are paid, but we need a platform we can generate fans, we also educate them on the importance of cheering their players. If we have half of Ittihad fans in Akwa Ibom or Nigeria’s NPFL its gonna make a whole lot of things. The motivation by Dana Air is a great improvement. you see by next match there is going to be a big turn up. People want to win more. You know I had this experience when I went for trials in Switzerland and at the end of the month a fan went home with a car. You see how people troop in because they expect to win something. So if an organization or individual here can donate say a car, bus or power generating set, more fans can turn up for matches.’

While a fan living in the outskirt of Uyo, Otobong Uko suggested free transport to convey fans to watch game. “We hope in subsequent editions to hear from more fans, football administrators and sponsors would state their plans to make football in NPFL better. Football is our game.”

https://www.newdiplomatng.com/sports/npfl-and-rewarding-fans-support-can-dana-air-embrace-the-challenge/

2 Likes

Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by Laredojohn(m): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2018
hmm
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by momodub: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2018
Nice
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by Benjom(m): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2018
Off to read the article proper cool
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by Youngstar76(m): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2018
Na so
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by gsainttrinity(m): 11:52am On Mar 27, 2018
Shio!! shocked, All this long Story is for what?

How many. Fans is Dana even transporting that they want to crash our mental hard drive with this epistle.

God have mercy....
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by Daraph(m): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Please those who have read it should kindly narrate the story/article
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by martyns303(m): 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
@alexreports please I am looking for employment with Dana in the capacity of a second officer. can u assist as a brand ambassador of Dana?
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by comos: 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
put matches on TV, every other things will follow.
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by pek(m): 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nice PR and advert. Seun take note.
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2018
please somebody summarize the whole story. I didn't even bother to read it at all
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by Niyinficient(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
Truly said...the North African fans are bulllies.....

Nigerian fans are online bullies anyway...not just in football tho

1 Like

Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by Gotaya: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
A good one!
Join NPFL Fans rocking their club's Jersey, join them today and look cool reppin your club.
It's the NPFL like never before!

Call us today
Nationwide Delivery available
Re: NPFL And Rewarding Fans’ Support: Can Dana Air Embrace The Challenge by tck2000(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Between Evra And Abidal / Pay After Win Soccer Tips. / Port Harcourt Int'l Marathon! Register Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.