Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Check Out The Things You Fear Most (list And Types Of Phobia) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Check Out The Things You Fear Most (list And Types Of Phobia) (252 Views)

Which Of These Do You Fear Most As A Student? / Jamb Use Of English 2019 Focus Guide - If You Fear English Check In / Research Design And Types Of Research Designs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Things You Fear Most (list And Types Of Phobia) by Vistakademia(m): 10:09am On Mar 27, 2018
Tallulah Bankhead, a U. S. actor said: ‘I have three phobias which, could I mute them, would make my life as slick as a sonnet, but as dull as ditch water: I hate to go to bed, I hate to get up, and I hate to be alone.’ In his own submission, Michel de Montaigne, the French essayist, submits: ‘A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.’ So what do you fear?

What is Phobia?
Encarta Dictionary describes phobia thus: ‘an intense and persistent fear of a specific object, situation, or activity. It is also an irrational or very powerful fear and dislike of something such as spiders or confined spaces. It is from the Greek word, ‘phobos’ which means ‘fear’.

Types of Phobia
Psychiatrists recognize three major types of phobias.

Simple phobias
Agoraphobia
Social phobias

Simple Phobias
Fears of specific objects or situations such as animals, closed spaces, and heights. This may begin in childhood and continue till adulthood.

Agoraphobia
Fear of open, public places and situations (such as public vehicles and crowded shopping centres) from which escape is difficult; agoraphobics tend to avoid more situations until eventually, they become housebound. This usually begins in late adolescence.

Social Phobias
Fears of appearing stupid or shameful in social situations. This is also associated with adolescence.

Types of Phobias (with List and Meanings)
The list of phobias in this post has been arranged in five sub-divisions for easy reading. See the list below…

Kindly visit: https://akademia.com.ng/types-of-phobias-list-meanings/

(1) (Reply)

Go For The Things You Want / Management And Organization Review Appoints Ae-funai Don Member Of Its Editorial / Who's Young By UNESCO Standard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.