Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,103 members, 7,807,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him (41983 Views)

This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / Anaconda Wraps Itself Round A Deadly Caiman In Brutal Fight For Survival(Pics) / This Is Why Humans Can Drink Snakes Venom & Still Stay Alive (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by ogbiwa: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Tim Friede has inflicted himself with more than 200 bites from snakes that could kill within minutes in bid to help develop life-saving vaccines.

A scientist claims he's 'immune to venom' after allowing himself to be bitten by the world's deadliest snakes hundreds of times.

He claims he is the only person in the world who could now survive back-to-back snake bites.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/scientist-becomes-immune-snake-venom-12257963

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by ogbiwa: 11:58am On Mar 27, 2018
The 39-year-old has even taken on a sub-Saharan Black Mamba, which is widely considered the 'world's deadliest snake', with a bite that could result in a very painful death within 15 minutes.

Speaking to The Wizard of Odd TV at his home in Du Lac, Wisconsin, Tim allows a Black Mamba snake to bite him three times in his finger and once into his arm, which causes immediate swelling as the deadly poison is injected directly into his bloodstream.

Comparing the pain sensation to like 'being struck with a hammer', Tim winces at the relentless throbbing feeling in his finger and arm, but credits his survival to millions of anti-bodies he's accumulated during his two decades of research.

Hoping to create a universal human anti-venom, Tim claims to be the only person in the world who could survive back-to-back snake bites.

3 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by ogbiwa: 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
He said: "I put my life on the line every day for one reason: to save people.

"The reason I inject myself with venom and get bitten by snakes is for a larger purpose and that purpose is to create a universal human anti-venom.

"For the past 17-and-a-half years I've been using seven snakes to become immune - proving that you can build up immunity to venom.

"A Black Mamba is one of the most venomous snakes in the world and you can easily die in 20-30 minutes - it's a nasty snake with a really aggressive nature.

8 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Destined2win: 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
Yeah. Good one

He should so do same with scorpions

23 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by ogbiwa: 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
"When you're bitten by a Black Mamba, it's basically like getting hit with a hammer in your face - it's a throbbing sensation and it feels like it's broken.

"It can last up to two or three days before it goes away.

"This [the four bites] was one of the most extreme I've ever taken.

"I've never had four bites from one snake before - I did it to see how far I can take it, I love to push the limits and that's what needs to be done to prove it works.

"My hands are swollen which means there's venom injected.

"If they weren't swollen, there'd be no venom injected so it clearly proves that self-immunization works to the very highest level."

lalasticlala , UjSizzle

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by IdeyFindWife: 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2018
Commendable.

A universal snake serum would be a welcome idea in primary healthcare especially for folks in the rurals all over the world.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Tolbanks(f): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
Iyen se wa kan mi

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by zedman1(m): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
Wow, that's great................ last last he will still die ehn?

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by nairavsdollars(f): 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2018
k
Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Abbeyme: 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2018
Let me bite him first.

4 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by MrImole: 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2018
Good for him
Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Philinho(m): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2018
The snake bites in a friendly way..... pls let him one type of snake that is very short like one Kaduna man ...lol

5 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Pinkyposh(f): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by hotwax: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
What about anti-swallowing venom for anaconda and boa

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by JhyMedex: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Radical thinkers like these are the reason the human race keeps on, Despite the many odds stacked against us..impressive!!

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by lovelylad: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
come and ask yoruba hunters

Tch

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by BruncleZuma: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by solidman59(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
man looks unhealthy

2 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by sod09(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Destined2win:
Yeah. Good one

He should so do same with scorpions
scorpions aint deadly to humans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by ngwababe(f): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Make eke njaba catch you!

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by calebfm(m): 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
lala will not like this

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by xynerise: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
How much is the vaccine? I need it this December while traveling to the Village grin

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by MrMoney007: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lalasticlala lectured this guy in the department of SERPENTary back in the days in Kuvikiland.

Now I believe a child should be greater than his master, Lala eats snakes, this one uses venom to enjoy sharwarma. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by RogueX: 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lala, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

5 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Kobicove(m): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
Don't try this at home!

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Ozdibaba: 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
this my guy really get mind o...... e dy use snake dy play for fucking 17 years and no one fit kill am......thumbs up for the nigga

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Nicklaus619(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
He should not try Nigerian snake o, they don't bite na swallow dem dey swallow, anythingg from 300million and above grin

6 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Kotodoctor: 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nice one bro!

Na so white man will committed years to developing h.i.v treatment. At the same time black man will be watching bb africa, bb nija double wahala...

Tomorrow now when dem catch sickness from fuckkkk fuckkk,, dem go rush go meet white man for help.

Na that time white man go show dem bill weh go kill them faster than the h.i.v.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Flexherbal(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
Scientists and their crazy life style !

1 Like

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by daannyy(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
zedman1:
Wow, that's great................ last last he will still die ehn?
Biko this is not nollywood movie where patience ozokwor will change into a snake and bite her husband then he dies later at the end of the movie

2 Likes

Re: US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him by Pidginwhisper: 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
Tolbanks:
Iyen se wa kan mi
Ni suuru,ma kanju! O ma kan e ti ejo ba sha e je

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures) / Heavy Storm Leaves A House Totally Encased In Ice On Lake Ontario, New Yor(Pics) / Rare White Baby Sea Turtle Discovered On A South Carolina Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.