Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees (24075 Views)

UK Visa Application Fees In Nigeria 2023 / Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by madridguy(m): 7:14am On Mar 28, 2018
So for 16 years of PDP you're yet to repent? You need to visit Mountain of fire for deliverance.

izzou:

Just look at what you typed

So it took you 3 years plus to see that the change you voted isn't going to come Abi?

Some of you think supporting Buhari means patriotism. There is a clear difference between both

I'll check my laptop if I can find a copy of the Wailer's form. grin grin grin

And start dusting your PVC.

2 Likes

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by shankara7: 7:15am On Mar 28, 2018
Time2Smile:
The statistics up there is wrong. 44% denial rate will mean 56%of visa approval which is really incredulous. Anyone who has visited the US embassy before for a Visa interview knos that for every Visa approved about five(5) applicants are denied Visa.

The only way the statistics is plausible is if those were approved after previous denials are not counted in the percentage denial. And even that will not fulfill the purpose of this article because those individuals will have to pay a new Visa application fee.
Don't say what you don't know. The US embassy don't just deny people visa, as you portrayed up there. If you have a reasonable purpose of going to the US they wouldn't deny you a visa.

2 Likes

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:22am On Mar 28, 2018
Buhari is a stupid f00l , 1 dollar was #180 until he came onboard and bring his bad policy, I now pay extra money to get visa... in fact I'm not coming back to this shithole again until the ZONE-B that voted him in rekindling vote him out

2 Likes

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by 2016v2017: 7:23am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:
angry

They shouldn't go unpunished

#400 per $? Habaa angry angry angry

In fact, we don't need a refund. They should just give be giving us free visa for the next three months.

Wicked people. Person go hustle money for visa, use like 3 weeks dey practice lie wey him wan talk. Use UBER sef reach Walter Carrington

Only for them to bounce am in less than 4 minutes.

Adeniketina2015. Come book space now. Free visa Don dey come

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by FanYogo1(f): 7:24am On Mar 28, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Government of theory and no action undecided

FG is merely talking no action undecided who have you sactioned

If this were to be in the US, people would have lost their jobs undecided

How can a government say something and the employers or appointee do otherwise and you sit down and do nothing undecided

I no blame them, charity begins at home! They took us the way they saw us cause they know Nigeria has no good leaders but greedy ones

let them bribe the oga at the top now undecided you will see that this matter will die a natural death undecided

what are we even saying undecided here in Nigeria, Nigeria governments extort Nigerians through multiple tax, Exchange rate in Nigeria self varies! so what are they saying undecided

even to get our own passport, those who have gone through it will tell you their none too glory tale

What exactly is working in Nigeria Abeg they should do something about it or forever keep qwayet!

Foolish leaders!

Kileleyi n sọ? Ọgbẹni, lọ mu omi jọ.
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by xris5050(m): 7:31am On Mar 28, 2018
HungerBAD:

Try using your naira card to shop online and you will know exactly what the market rate is. Definitely higher than the black market rate �

http://guardian.ng/news/how-u-s-shortchanges-swindles-nigerians-in-visa-application-fees/

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 28, 2018
Stop complaining . If you don't like it fix your country and stop trying to run away, do you expect US consulate to sell $ to you at government price then buy at black market rate? They just for once treated you as your government did you that's all.

If they mean to treat you as the government does you, then you can't drive with international drivers license in USA while they can't drive with same here .
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by Naviystiles(m): 7:43am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

[/b]

[b]So it took you 3 years plus to see that the change you voted isn't going to come Abi?

Some of you think supporting Buhari means patriotism. There is a clear difference between both

I'll check my laptop if I can find a copy of the Wailer's form. grin grin grin

And start dusting your PVC.
why do we always blame Buhari for everything after all this country as fail before he steps there.. Cant u see the problem is not just the government but the people it self..

2 Likes

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by IMASTEX: 7:43am On Mar 28, 2018
madridguy:
The higher the demand ( US visa ) the higher the visa fee.

I don't blame the US but our useless government, both the past and the present that have made Nigeria HELL on earth to every Nigerians.
You hardly see or read what will make you happy.

No water, No power, Food I no dey, Job absent, Security O.Y.O, Education expired hence everyone want to run out of the HELLHOLE.
Seconded
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by izzou(m): 7:44am On Mar 28, 2018
Naviystiles:
why do we always blame buhari for everything after all this country as fail before he steps there.. Can u see the problem is just the government but the people it self..

Bros

Let's not derail this thread. Na visa matter we dey so
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by izzou(m): 7:45am On Mar 28, 2018
madridguy:
So for 16 years of PDP you're yet to repent? You need to visit Mountain of fire for deliverance.

grin grin grin
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 28, 2018
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by introvertedsoul: 7:51am On Mar 28, 2018
That's because ₦400 to $1 is the actual rate, but your government and their voodoo economics team are trying to cap it at ₦360.
This reminds me about what Abacha, the then head of states did with exchange rate in his time too.
Funny however, that another Northerner is pulling the same trick on Nigerians.
The only ones benefiting are the Criminal govt and Aboki FXchangers.
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by IMASTEX: 7:56am On Mar 28, 2018
Riversides2003:
They should be made to refund certain amount if visas are denied, they have been ripping us since time immemorial. I don’t blame them though na we wan go
Us by force
On a lighter note: Nigerians takes from US using online things. US takes from Nigerians via visa. Balance equation.
On a serious note: I blame the supposed Nigeria administrators both past and present. The have failed the nation.
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by GetMeRight: 7:56am On Mar 28, 2018
hokafor:
But is a Goodwill donation they didn't force you to come and apply for their visa.
Education still failed to make impact on the way you reason. Waste.
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by Riversides2003(m): 7:58am On Mar 28, 2018
IMASTEX:

On a lighter note: Nigerians takes from US using online things. US takes from Nigerians via visa. Balance equation.
On a serious note: I blame the supposed Nigeria administrators both past and present. The have failed the nation.

You right we are both scammers but in different ways

1 Like

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by GetMeRight: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2018
introvertedsoul:
That's because ₦400 to $1 is the actual rate , but your government and their voodoo economics team are trying to cap it at ₦360.
This reminds me about what Abacha, the then head of states did with exchange rate in his time too.
Funny however, that another Northerner is pulling the same trick on Nigerians.
The only ones benefiting are the Criminal govt and Aboki FXchangers.
Who determines that for you? If Nigeria government caps it at N360, as an educated person, you're supposed to know that it comes with a cost which has been paid for.
Well, I don't blame you, many of you are shallow in the knowledge of economy and finance but won't want to admit.
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by kennykg(m): 8:01am On Mar 28, 2018
I can see everyone complaining from the Op post where all not giving visa. If there where given would this news make front page?
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by stankezzy: 8:14am On Mar 28, 2018
lekanlaniyan:
The 44% visa denied figure here can't be correct .

The % of visa been denied is way higher then the % approved.

Let's say 30% visa approved and 70% visa denied.

Just saying.
visa denial rate is 90% and above , ninety % means giving one out of ten people . I applied for us visa last year , they did not even give up to one out of ten , we were around 40 in a set , at their abuja office they have like 4 rows of seats containg 10 each but not up to 2 people were given from 40 persons , it is 0.8 % but it is not their fault , how can u destroy your country and still be blaming somebody for not allowing you to come and destroy his country, yorubas calling pdp wailer and some other parties atimes I begin to ask my self if Africa or black race is cursed, comparing a PhD holder with an illiterate , comparing the two governments, just because he did not come from some particular areas , if he want let him do well e no mean anything .The most funny part is that u may think that the write up s in nairaland is just for fun but no, they are telling u their mind and that is how they will vote. democracy is not the best form of government , government of the people , but how about if majority of the people are fools ? because of their number they will always elect a fool

5 Likes

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by supereagle(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2018
Bello said he had written to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, asking the authorities to wade into the matter but there was no response.

Is Nigeria a country that have the interests of the citizens in her heart. There was a country indeed.
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by Fadelex(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2018
this is interesting, apart from swindling us of our hard earned money, they never give reasons for denial. I was there last year and I spent nearly 8mins (which should be the longest amongst all applicants) I was denied. out of over 50 applicants that were there, only 3 were given. I was amazed at the crowd and I don't blame them for denying so much people. if Nigeria were at their level we would deny people from less developed countries from coming to ours also. personally, I know like 5 people that have gone their and have no intention of coming back. they only give people with a very genuine reason for going. Let's join hands to fight our demons here also and make our country home again.

2 Likes

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by ProYouAdminsUK: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2018
I hope that if you become a victim of armed robbery , that you can also say that your don't blame the robbers, but the govt who have made Nigeria hell on earth for every Nigerian !

I am tired of hearing us always making excuses for the wickedness the whites mete out on us, like good house slaves. Time we stop cooning!
madridguy:
The higher the demand ( US visa ) the higher the visa fee.

I don't blame the US but our useless government, both the past and the present that have made Nigeria HELL on earth to every Nigerians.
You hardly see or read what will make you happy.

No water, No power, Food I no dey, Job absent, Security O.Y.O, Education expired hence everyone want to run out of the HELLHOLE. [/b]
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by oyetpel(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2018
They rip-off people off visa fee, of which their visa is 50-50 whether your documents are complete or not.

This embassy denied my application 2 times because i wanted to leave this shithole country and the rejected has been affecting my life adversely since 2013.

But i am always grateful for the gift of life, when there is life there is hope. Some people are in situations worse than my own.
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2018
shankara7:
Don't say what you don't know. The US embassy don't just deny people visa, as you portrayed up there. If you have a reasonable purpose of going to the US they wouldn't deny you a visa.
No, it depends on how lenient the VO is, at that particular point in time
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by kaycyor: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2018
shankara7:

Abeg who no get genuine thing to do wey make am apply for US visa. You think say person go open eyes like so go throw away him money. Even if you get legit thing to do for there, them go still bounce you
Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by 2day6(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2018
you can't believe me sha even after reading this I still wanna go to the US. nija Don tire me oh.

2 Likes

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by oyetpel(m): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2018
2day6:
you can't believe me sha even after reading this I still wanna go to the US. nija Don tire me oh.

Try other countries like Canada or Australia. You will be depressed if you apply to US and got denied.

1 Like

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by tayolove12(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:
angry

They shouldn't go unpunished

#400 per $? Habaa angry angry angry

In fact, we don't need a refund. They should just give be giving us free visa for the next three months.

Wicked people. Person go hustle money for visa, use like 3 weeks dey practice lie wey him wan talk. Use UBER sef reach Walter Carrington

Only for them to bounce am in less than 4 minutes.

Adeniketina2015. Come book space now. Free visa Don dey come

Re: How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 28, 2018
One thing about getting a US Visa is honesty and the information must be consistent you can’t say you work at A and be earning money from b without there being a paper trail also if you want to go there for life just apply for immigrant instead of using tourist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Passengers, 70 Animals Killed In Katsina Truck Rollover / Sudan: Update On The Evacuation Of Nigerians - Air Force, Air Peace On Standby / 11 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Airplanes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.