Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" (44367 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by three: 6:12am On Mar 28, 2018
Seeing that 'some people' have decided to regale us with images of a supposed World Class Terminal constructed in Lagos, it would serve well to see what exactly WORLD CLASS means.

Luleburgaz Bus Station

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by three: 6:12am On Mar 28, 2018
Pioneer Village

[img][/img]

8 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by three: 6:13am On Mar 28, 2018
University of Iowa

Santa Paola

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by madridguy(m): 6:14am On Mar 28, 2018
Our own na our own, let learn to appreciate our thing.

Thank you Ambode.

211 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 6:15am On Mar 28, 2018
angry

This your counter thread is just so unfair and an insult to Lagosians

So because it doesn't look like the structures of our white friends, e no be world class Abi?

The Ikeja terminal looks beautiful and conducive if maintained. I see no reason for your comparison. After all, you never even see all the facilities sef

310 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by simplyhonest(m): 6:16am On Mar 28, 2018
nice one... we can replicate this in Lagos as well... kudos AMBO

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by three: 6:22am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:
angry

This your counter thread is just so unfair and an insult to Lagosians

So because it doesn't look like the structures of our white friends, e no be world class Abi?

The Ikeja terminal looks beautiful and conducive if maintained. I see no reason for your comparison. After all, you never even see all the facilities sef

Is there another WORLD we are not aware of?

Or do you deliberately intend to demean Nigeria by inffering that when they said World Class they really meant THIRD WORLD CLASS?

Meanwhile...,

[imghttps://www.thecable.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Ikeja-bus-terminal-1-968x565.jpg][/img]

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 6:34am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Is there another WORLD we are not aware of?

Or do you deliberately intend to demean Nigeria by inffering that when they said World Class they really meant THIRD WORLD CLASS?

The last time I checked. Anybody can decide to tag his property or achievement "World Class".

What exactly is your point? That the Ikeja terminal isn't beautiful enough to be labelled a "World Class"?

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by three: 6:44am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

The last time I checked. Anybody can decide to tag his property or achievement "World Class".

What exactly is your point? That the Ikeja terminal isn't beautiful enough to be labelled a "World Class"?

Why don't we simply let Nairalanders be the judge of that eh smiley

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Atiku2019: 6:45am On Mar 28, 2018
Ikeja Terminal is quite cool tho

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Amberon11: 6:46am On Mar 28, 2018
If it's not world class, it isn't. That's not rocket science.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 6:48am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Why don't we simply let Nairalanders be the judge of that eh smiley

Nobody's arguing that ours is the most beautiful.

All I'm saying is that it's beautiful enough. You making it look like they just joined four pieces of wood and called it a terminal.

No start this early mormor oh angry

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by propanet(m): 6:49am On Mar 28, 2018
Nigerians are known for arrogating big titles to themselves.
Is their slogan.
By the way the mini kiosk beside my house has the inscription " Obi and son's conglomerates"

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Afam4eva(m): 6:50am On Mar 28, 2018
This Ikeja bus terminal has been finished for many months but left idle because they want to commission it. What is the craze about commissioning projects with so much pomp and pageantry.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 28, 2018
Na wa oo. What is the aim of this thread now? To discredit the Lagos own as local class? I don't know why many people on this forum are so bitter? You are comparing a developing country to many countries that have developed for over 100 years together?
Who does that ,if not a bitter soul.
In the first place, ambo is trying to change the face of Lagos generally. Yes, he makes some harsh policies, but ,hey, this is good for investors in the long run.
Instead of you lots to put pressure on your state government from the other end to have visions, spend money wisely and put meaniful projects on ground, they are building statues and monuments up and down. In the next 15 years when the face of Lagos is totally changed, you will be claiming it was your tax from your 50naira gala that ambo used to megalize Lagos. The only fault I have with the whole story is bubu coming to commission that, which ,to me is unnecessary because of the traffic and pressure it will create on motorists because of many road constructions going on around the exit axis. If it was Accra district that build something like this, it is you lots that will be making mockery of Lagos state upon her IGR. The place that has digital settings and to know the schedule of buses in and out? What else do you want it to have?
By the way, the Ikeja own is one of about 20 stations about to commission in his first tenure. And about 10s of modernised jetty are still underconstruction and many more. Just wait and see. Shebi you hardly sleep while compiling this, by the time he is done and all almost the same time, it is only God that can save you not to go into coma and land in ICU

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 28, 2018
angry

Maintenance is the key..... If a full airport can be ridiculed and reduced to nothing because it lacks maintenance, what's a bus terminus compared to it.

The last time I checked, we lack maintenance culture in this part of the world.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:51am On Mar 28, 2018
OP, person no dey play with you grin grin grin

What we mean is that its Nigeria National class bus terminal not "World Class Bus Terminals"

Take it easy on us. We are getting there gradually afterall Rome was not built in a day

3 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:52am On Mar 28, 2018
Nigerians we are the architect of our misfortunes.
Ambode rose high above the standard in Nigeria and Africa to construct something that can also be mentioned in the International scene in the top 50 or 100 and haters that have never constructed nothing their whole life are trying to discredit it out of hate...

Bad belle is always allowed

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:52am On Mar 28, 2018
Men see architectural master piece shocked

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by henryhemon(m): 6:52am On Mar 28, 2018
If ikeja terminal isn't world class,I wonder what it is then?? Its beautiful and still world class. The problem will be can we maintain it??

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by jude33084(m): 6:52am On Mar 28, 2018
@ OP pls compare your street with that in UK,show us in pictures undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by AutoReportNG: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2018
I think we need to appreciate the LASG, to me the architecture is not bad, my major concern is maintenance, despite spending this huge amount of money, will the terminus be maintained and not turned into a garage in 6 months time? When the Obalende LagBus park was commissioned some 2 years ago, it was a masterpiece, go and check its more like a wasted effort. My questions are:

1. What are the plans put in place to make sure this terminus is well looked into
2. The BRT Buses are fast becoming something else, are there plans to change them or the operators or what? Cos those drivers that drive the BRT wont mind spoiling this terminus in less than 3 months

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Sheuns(m): 6:53am On Mar 28, 2018
We'll know after 2 years if it's really world class. Maintenance na problem for we country.

4 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nutase: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2018
7up
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by manci(m): 6:53am On Mar 28, 2018
Where is the bus
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by MrGreenMavro: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2018
ok
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:54am On Mar 28, 2018
I don't see any rationale for this thread.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by psychologist(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2018
About ikeja terminal

Interior is top notch
But the exterior is a no no angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town / The Most Beautiful Park In Lagos, Nigeria (pics, Video) / Hawker Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos After Being Hit By A Danfo Bus. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.