Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos (61885 Views)

Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) / Photos Of Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos That Will Be Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by joenor(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
Lovely environment, but keeping it, is the issue...
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Gangster1ms: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
Still looks dead angry
Very soon it will be nonsense due to lack of maintainance culture
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by erico2k2(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
This looks good but ermm it's a Bus terminal . Where are the Buses ? Why not wait for Buses B4 lunch ? ?everything mah lunch lunch dem open one big sainsbury and shopping centre behind my house nobody make noise no govt come open anything . 9ja tar one km of road government go come open am grin
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by solutionist: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
silastemplar:
but is it Danfo that will be using this bus terminal? or only BRT or both?

No danfos or molues. Brand new BRT buses will be launched with this bus terminal tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Realdeals(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
I ask, where will the passengers that will patronise the facility comes from? I'm sure the facility can't get up to 50,000 traffic in a day.
Also, the adjoining roads to the complex except maybe Agege motor road are too narrow to cope with such influx.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Ttipsy(f): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
MTKbudapest:
after 4yrs it will look like oshodi under bridge grin.

Our govt lack mentainance. angry
my last view their on Sunday was So disapointing

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by nevachange(f): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
LaudableXX:
Do you know what I am bothered about? shocked The ability of the state govt and its agencies, to sustain and maintain this terminal over a long period of time, to the high standards of cleanliness and functionality, shown here. undecided

Such an edifice would soon be launched with fanfare, and even fancier speeches. sad In 9 months, it would take the grace of God to meet this same terminal, in this pristine state. It is likely to have been defaced, distorted and riddled with all kinds of nauseating activities, that are capable to ruining the purpose it was originally set out to achieve. We need to put more effort into sustaining such projects or terminals, for good optimum performance. undecided

I confirm you boss.
I mean it is just a bus terminal. why all the expensive beautification. A bus terminal should just have space to park cars and security.
Why was that fund not put into healthcare or education.

i am glad we have some people thinking like you @laudable. very soon we go plenty for revolution.All this shine shine politics with no headway must end

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Lexusgs430: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
I can see a copy and paste from Stratford.........
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by AroOkigbo(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
Esejojo:
I must say this is a beautiful project. I hope the can maintain it.

Now, to answer your question. Well, as for me, and looking at the photos, all I see are the building and interlocking tiles.

So, the main cost will be on the building and the interiors. If I was to quote to build this bus terminal, I will quote N100million.

However, any government contractor that wish to win such a contract should also include in his quotes monies for kickbacks and bribes.

So, at the end of the day, such a project might turn out to cost tax payers about N5billion.

This is the very sad reality in Naija.

Good contribution but that's the level we are at the moment. We'll get there someday. ..let's appreciate the fact that there's a visible project despite the associated stealing. It's still better than stealing everything. ..check most states. ..no such people oriented projects.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Lexusgs430: 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
erico2k2:
This looks good but ermm it's a Bus terminal . Where are the Buses ? Why not wait for Buses B4 lunch ? ?everything mah lunch lunch dem open one big sainsbury and shopping centre behind my house nobody make noise no govt come open anything . 9ja tar one km of road government go come open am grin

Ambode is even granting bank holiday.......
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by tayo4ng(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
sometimes I wonder if we the kogite are part of this country, nothing is working here, all we hear daiky is Dino vs Yahaya bello.that's our own daily news
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Gangster1ms: 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
bjhaid:
Five years time, everything will be messy
Five years too much... 1 year and half is the highest
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by erico2k2(m): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Ambode is even granting bank holiday.......
Ahaha I don die here jst imagine
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by cve90: 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
Esejojo:
I must say this is a beautiful project. I hope the can maintain it.

Now, to answer your question. Well, as for me, and looking at the photos, all I see are the building and interlocking tiles.

So, the main cost will be on the building and the interiors. If I was to quote to build this bus terminal, I will quote N100million.

However, any government contractor that wish to win such a contract should also include in his quotes monies for kickbacks and bribes.

So, at the end of the day, such a project might turn out to cost tax payers about N5billion.

This is the very sad reality in Naija.
Oga 100 million naira cannot build that bus terminal, am a civil engineer at least 200m

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Chevronstaff: 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
The Ikeja Bus Terminal is actually really nice according to the pictures I've seen...
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by wabuk(m): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
[quote author=LaudableXX post=66228973]Do you know what I am bothered about? shocked The ability of the state govt and its agencies, to sustain and maintain this terminal over a long period of time, to the high standards of cleanliness and functionality, shown here. undecided

Such an edifice would soon be launched with fanfare, and even fancier speeches. sad In 9 months, it would take the grace of God to meet this same terminal, in this pristine state. It is likely to have been defaced, distorted and riddled with all kinds of nauseating activities, that are capable to ruining the purpose it was originally set out to achieve. We need to put more effort into sustaining such projects or terminals, for good optimum performance. :lagos state is not like any other state in Nigeria that look up to federal government before they could embarks on any project. I bet it with u go and check these terminal.it. Will remain as dis.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by CSTR1002: 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
So the president is coming to commission a mere bus terminal .?

Kai.

Nigeria is suffering from a serious dearth in leadership.

Even ambode himself has zero shame if the president doesn't have any.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by onatisi(m): 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
will this only be for brt buses
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Lexusgs430: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Ahaha I don die here jst imagine

Anything for a holiday...... In a bid to keep people home, so Sai Bubu would not witness traffic congestion....

I know say nah 3rd mainland route straight...... Another ploy to avoid the gutters on main roads.....
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by solutionist: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
AroOkigbo:

Good contribution but that's the level we are at the moment. We'll get there someday. ..let's appreciate the fact that there's a visible project despite the associated stealing. It's still better than stealing everything. ..check most states. ..no such people oriented projects.

Wow. This is how bad things have gotten in Nigeria. We now expect our rulers to steal public funds, so long as they build something. What a national tragedy.

Another tragedy is that 10 times the amount spent on building this Bus terminal will be spent to commission it tomorrow. SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by FabioPeter: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
LaudableXX:
Do you know what I am bothered about? shocked The ability of the state govt and its agencies, to sustain and maintain this terminal over a long period of time, to the high standards of cleanliness and functionality, shown here. undecided

Such an edifice would soon be launched with fanfare, and even fancier speeches. sad In 9 months, it would take the grace of God to meet this same terminal, in this pristine state. It is likely to have been defaced, distorted and riddled with all kinds of nauseating activities, that are capable to ruining the purpose it was originally set out to achieve. We need to put more effort into sustaining such projects or terminals, for good optimum performance. undecided

A few metres from this bus terminal is MM2, a terminal for aircrafts. Its by far bigger and trickier to manage but guess what, the moment it was built and commissioned it was concessioned to a private company and its a success story till date. Not only has it been properly maintained, it has also been improved to meet with best practice and standards, it attracts good patronage and in consequence good financial returns to government.

Same should happen with this bus terminal.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by AerialMapper: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
Bus terminal with no buses...
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Is04970: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
LaudableXX:

Bros you go school.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Lexusgs430: 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
CSTR1002:
So the president is coming to commission a mere bus terminal .?

Kai.

Nigeria is suffering from a serious dearth in leadership.

Even ambode himself has zero shame if the president doesn't have any.

He is also dropping a line or 2 (in the grammar he understands) at a seminar.....

Trust Jagaban.......... To add spin to his molue garage cutting tape....
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by sisisioge: 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
I'm sure a particular crew will be assigned to cater for the maintenance alone. We need good maintenance there pls.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by aribisala0(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
bjhaid:
Five years time, everything will be messy
Sinehdoo is not happy sha

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by nickxtra(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2018
For the same "kiiler" danfos called Buses?
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by erico2k2(m): 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Anything for a holiday...... In a bid to keep people home, so Sai Bubu would not witness traffic congestion....

I know say nah 3rd mainland route straight...... Another ploy to avoid the gutters on main roads.....
Ahaha abi oh . Olympic stadium complete here no holiday taken . Ahaha
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
Go and check the place after 1 year.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by CSTR1002: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
AroOkigbo:

Lagos is said to be the 5th largest economy in Africa if the stats from the state is to be believed.

We should be seeing more ambitious projects , Instead of embarrassing the president like this

Look at capetown, Rabat, Casablanca, jourhanesburg, Cairo, e t. c. Their projects are intimidating and they are not richer than Lagos.

The only ambitious project in Lagos is the eko Atlantic which now happens to be elitist.

I am not Ignoring or condoning the backwardness in other states.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by FabioPeter: 1:45pm On Mar 28, 2018
nickxtra:
For the same "kiiler" danfos called Buses?

Lagos State government will disband Danfo and bring more modern buses. This project is already ongoing.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Troublemaker007(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
This is how a country is supposed to look like. Lagos State government should work hard on their maintenance abilities. Very important. Good one

I just dey pity my Oil State, Delta. Okowa is more useless than Buhari I swear

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Eko Atlantic City (updates) / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.