Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos (61886 Views)

Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) / Photos Of Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos That Will Be Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by gman55(m): 2:56am On Mar 29, 2018
For public facility like this what interest me, is not the asthectics but the hospitality aspect (rest room ) and manpower to maintain and keep it going for the next 10 months.
I dey watch

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by FabioPeter: 5:05am On Mar 29, 2018
AerialMapper:

In your question, the egg comes first.

Lol...in the context of this topic it’s the bus terminal. whichever comes first is a non issue .
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by FabioPeter: 5:06am On Mar 29, 2018
LaudableXX:

MMA2 was built from scratch by Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited (BASL), which carried out that project as the country’s first successful Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) concession, in the aviation sector, after the domestic terminal of the old Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, went up in flames in 2000. The concession was awarded to BASL which funded the entire project, without govt funding in 2003. That airport opened for operations in 2007. undecided

The story is different from that of the new bus terminal, which was conceived and built with govt funds, using govt agencies and contractors. sad

Most govt owned buildings and projects are hardly ever well-maintained, due to inadequate funding, poor monitoring skills and poor adherence to maintenance programmes.

So it is really too early to compare the management and operations of MMA2, which was built through a BOT arrangement, (and is currently being managed by a private firm), with the management of this new bus terminal, that is still solely under govt control undecided.

Anyway, I hope they eventually take your advice and concession the bus terminal to an experienced private management firm, to run and maintain for a fixed number of years. I also hope they will not repeat the Visionscape fiasco, when they eventually decide to engage a private company to manage it. sad

I am optimistic the government will do the needful. Lagos is progressive.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by poweredcom(m): 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2018
great work there
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by poweredcom(m): 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2018
what about orile to badagry light rail since den. voting has been done aboutbit

Lagos badagry expressway just de like DAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIY3DCsCs60
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by LaudableXX: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
gman55:
For public facility like this what interest me, is not the asthectics but the hospitality aspect (rest room ) and manpower to maintain and keep it going for the next 10 months.
I dey watch
10 months, ke? shocked You didn't even say 4 months....take a trip to the rest rooms in another 3 months and come back here to share your experiences! undecided It is likely to be laced with disgust and dismay. Even the rest rooms in many of our govt-owned & operated airport terminals, are badly maintained.....so is it the ones inside this bus terminal that would be an exception to the rule?
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by aribisala0(m): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
Simple solution rest rooms should be pay as you shi.t and contracted out. That is not a big deal 100 naira per shi.t

Sweet contract

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Homeyfav: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
&*^%$
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by DisGuy: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
Whats the latest with this place, when will they finish the upgrade?

@9jarealist
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by DisGuy: 1:31am On Jan 15, 2021
DisGuy:
Whats the latest with this place, when will they finish the upgrade?

@9jarealist

?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Eko Atlantic City (updates) / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.