Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant (14561 Views)

Miss Imo Duru Chidera Wins Beauty Of Africa International Pageant 2023 (photos) / Miss Ekiti, Bolarinde Roseline, Wins Beauty Of Africa International Pageant 2022 / Meet Beauty Of Africa International Pageant Contestants As Gordons Hosts Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by GLeesMODEL(m): 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday stopped the Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant to be judged by RMD, Betty Irabor, Eucharia Anunobi from staging the Lagos Beauty Pageant scheduled for March 30.  ‎The event which was unveiled on November 18th 2017 was expected to feature Reekado Banks and other Top musical artists before the hammer from the court today. 

This followed an order of interlocutory injunction granted by the court, restraining the organizers of the event to be staged at Oriental Hotel, Lagos.

‎ Justice Hadiza Rabiu-Shagari, issued the orders following an interlocutory application filed by Mr Daniel Opuene, founder of Beauty of Africa International Pageant, seeking the order of restraint. 

Joined as first to third defendants in the suit are Roses and Rubbies International Ltd, Precious Ogarekpe, and Lagos Oriental Hotel Ltd. Opuene had filed the suit through his lawyers, seeking among others an order restraining the defendants, their agents or privies, from going ahead with the event. 

He wants an order of the court halting the staging of any pageant on March 30, 2018, under the name of “Africa Beauty Queens International Pageant” or any other similar name, likely to suggest that the first and second defendant’s business is similar to the plaintiff’s. Opuene also wants the organisers barred from reproducing, publishing or distributing the pictures belonging to the plaintiff, in the said defendant’s beauty pegeantry activities or any other business pending the final determination of the substantive suit. 

At the last adjournment on March 22, the court had ordered the plaintiff to put the defendants on notice, while the court adjourned the suit for hearing of the motion on notice. When the case was called on Wednesday, the plaintif’s counsel, Mr Justin Ige, informed the court that the defendants had yet to respond to his application in spite of being served with the processes. 

He added that he had not received any processes from the defence. Moving his application, Ige told the court that the defendants are scheduled to hold the Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant which name is similar to the plaintiff’s Beauty of Africa International Pageant on March 30 at the Lagos Oriental Hotel. He argued that the plaintiff is also the registered owner of the business name — Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant — and urged the court to grant the application of the plaintiff and issue the restraining order.

In a short ruling, Justice Shagari granted the application as requested and ordered the parties to maintain “status quo” pending the determination of the suit. By status quo maintenance, parties are to stop or desist from taking any action or step in relation to the subject of the pending suit. The judge adjourned the case until April 17 for the hearing of the substantive suit. 

http://www.abujapress.com/2018/03/gbese-court-stops-lagos-pageant-to-be.html?m=1

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by Nutase: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by Sarang(f): 8:10am On Mar 29, 2018
Beauty pageant is like a full blown business in Naija
If only Education will be recognized this much, the people who are deserving will be rewarded, still thats btw, but what is wrong with the judges??

Please see my signature

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by salbis(m): 8:11am On Mar 29, 2018
The hustle is deal. Bad market for the judges and the artists.
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by Justbeingreal(m): 8:11am On Mar 29, 2018
grin

I don't care about the post sha...I just wan comment and buy waka...
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by FanYogo1(f): 8:12am On Mar 29, 2018
At the end of the day, there's no kingdom. Foolishness.

This is how my continent differed from developed nation's; more contest than inventions and discoveries.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:12am On Mar 29, 2018
you say.......

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by yomalex(m): 8:12am On Mar 29, 2018
ok
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2018
Naija and copy copy. Dem no go even copy well.. Copy ur name join for inside class test sef..
Na frm sch e don master dem

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by inoki247: 8:15am On Mar 29, 2018
Court now rulling in nudity case. All is well
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by Authoreety: 8:15am On Mar 29, 2018
Yuuuu
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by jospepper(m): 8:17am On Mar 29, 2018
Someone wants to reap where they have not sown.
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by israelmao(m): 8:20am On Mar 29, 2018
Their headache
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by omooba969(m): 8:23am On Mar 29, 2018
OP, your construction of sentences is so poor, sorry to say - no hard feelings. You need to go back to school and learn how to convey your message to your readers without struggling to arrive on time & without many unnecessary words.

I struggled to make sense of your intro & the intent of your post.

Just my observation, no hard feelings. cool

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by san316(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2018
Interessante. What about those that applied and paid to be part of it? well, that is their business.
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by Boyooosa(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2018
Some pple are wicket sha, waited patiently till the deal day is less than 24 hrs... cheesy
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by ukejejohnson(m): 8:25am On Mar 29, 2018
I hate names like...Opuene mehn

How do I even pronounce that ? cry
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by odehaj: 8:26am On Mar 29, 2018
Beauty pageant, Bbnaija,Bbafrica, Nigerian idol, ultimate search,etc name it. Adding nothing positive to the society except prostitution.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by samjake: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2018
What's ma own undecided
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by mclorenzo(m): 8:31am On Mar 29, 2018
Didn't read, too long.
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by talk2percy(m): 8:32am On Mar 29, 2018
Modern way of exploiting and prostituting young and desperate girls

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by technuel: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2018
omooba969:
OP, your construction of sentences is so poor, sorry to say - no hard feelings. You need to go back to school and learn how to convey your message to your readers without struggling to arrive on time & without many unnecessary words.

I struggled to make sense of your intro & the intent of your post.

Just my observation, no hard feelings. cool
His Lead is not that bad nah.
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by RZArecta2(m): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2018
There are even too many beauty pageants in Nigeria sef, they should all be scrapped cool

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by omooba969(m): 8:50am On Mar 29, 2018
technuel:

His Lead is not that bad nah.

Initially I wondered if it's the judges that were being stopped or the contest.
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by Nydex: 8:50am On Mar 29, 2018

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by martineverest(m): 8:53am On Mar 29, 2018
pastor eucharia a judge?
Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by omooba969(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2018
mclorenzo:
Didn't read, too long.

Effect of the problem I highlighted in the write up.grin Op failed to capture your attention/interest, he failed to lead you on.

The opening lines have defects. cool

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Africa Beauty Queen International Pageant by ybalogs(m): 9:08am On Mar 29, 2018
A son argued with his father insisting that 1+1 is equal to 11.
D father looked at him and said "Go and buy 2 boiled eggs", the son went and returned with the 2 eggs.
The father said, give one to me and another one to your brother. And the son asks: what about me? The father responds: Eat the remaining nine eggs that are left.....nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage / Nollywood Celebrities @ Complete Fashion Style Night / New Ankara Inspired Couple Outfits--- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.