Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

My Defender Project.....! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Defender Project.....! (11845 Views)

2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) / Land Rover Launches V8 Edition Defender To Celebrate 70th Anniversary / Land Rover Launches Land Rover Defender Works V8 To Celebrate 70th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Defender Project.....! by kingreign(m): 3:27am On Mar 31, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

wicked sleepers shocked shocked you will be thinking you are doing him, not knowing you are doing ya sef sad it will just result in had I known grin

Ayam telling you grin grin

Re: My Defender Project.....! by sooperrescue(m): 8:19am On Mar 31, 2018
LeJeun3:

My Handwritten List of items to be sourced and gotten....

I would be sourcing all parts from the UK (sourcing parts locally is a nightmare I am unwilling to undergo).

Parts comprise of New Parts and Used/Refurbished parts....0

Exercise in futility. Diesel engines in the UK for this model will buy a 2010 range sport. Give me for my tow truck business. Dont start what you cant finish. Or look towards mainland Europe like Italy and France or even Switzerland

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Shagati(m): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2018
LeJeun3:

I am very excited,
.........A 2.4 Puma Engine would be installed instead of the 2.2 Puma Engine, research shows it's easier on fuel, while being more throaty....

Good choice man, good choice!!! undecided undecided undecided
Damn the price of that 2.2 shocked shocked

Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2018
sooperrescue:

Exercise in futility. Diesel engines in the UK for this model will buy a 2010 range sport. Give me for my tow truck business. Dont start what you cant finish. Or look towards mainland Europe like Italy and France or even Switzerland

Tow truck?? Naaaaaa

Maybe this type of all purpose vehicle....

Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2018
Shagati:

Good choice man, good choice!!! undecided undecided undecided
Damn the price of that 2.2 shocked shocked

Those prices plus shipping go be something else....

I have spied out a replacement....will upload pics when available.

Re: My Defender Project.....! by oSVGkq4: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2018
images from last year rice field
Re: My Defender Project.....! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
LeJeun3:

Those prices plus shipping go be something else....

I have spied out a replacement....will upload pics when available.

Ok sir we are patiently waiting
Re: My Defender Project.....! by diportivo: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
hmmm

Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 12:35am On Apr 01, 2018
diportivo:
hmmm

Assistant with legs on the table.... sad

Re: My Defender Project.....! by diportivo: 5:21am On Apr 01, 2018
LeJeun3:

Assistant with legs on the table.... sad

after effect of chilled Goldberg grin

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Cosplay: 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
Time to learn from the masters cheesy

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Alvin007: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Defenders with widow maker engine conversions grin
Blood of God.. shocked

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
LeJeun3. Progress report on your Land Rover Defender sir grin cool

Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2018

With the holidays and the fact that I have been a bit busy, I don't have updates as it is.

But the donor vehicle will be stripped on starting Wednesday so some activity will pick up on my end.

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
LeJeun3:

With the holidays and the fact that I have been a bit busy, I don't have updates as it is.

But the donor vehicle will be stripped on starting Wednesday so some activity will pick up on my end.

Furnish our eyes with pics o!! cool
Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2018
dumo1:

Furnish our eyes with pics o!! cool

tongue
Re: My Defender Project.....! by id4sho(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
legs crossed and sipping double black for my brain Engine capacity.

Re: My Defender Project.....! by suco01(m): 2:23am On Apr 11, 2018
wow. i am enjoying this. op pls update asap
Re: My Defender Project.....! by RZArecta2(m): 10:27am On Apr 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Defenders with widow maker engine conversions grin
cry Oh blood of Metusellah cry

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2018
LeJeun3 just to remind you that today is Wednesday o!! grin grin grin
Re: My Defender Project.....! by erico2k2(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
LeJeun3:

My Handwritten List of items to be sourced and gotten....

I would be sourcing all parts from the UK (sourcing parts locally is a nightmare I am unwilling to undergo).

Parts comprise of New Parts and Used/Refurbished parts....0

Lovely nah B say I go see this baby cos my la ding don near

Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
dumo1:
LeJeun3 just to remind you that today is Wednesday o!! grin grin grin

Please lemme me get myself after coughing out engine and parts money. ....

LR Defender 110

1. Engine, complete
2. Engine harness
3. Engine mounts / brackets.
4. Engine ECU
5. Clutch kit (3 piece)
6. HPFP -
7. Brake booster -
8. Gear knob -
9. Brake master cylinder -
10. Transmission *Gearbox includes transfer box -
11. Wheel locking nut set -

shocked shocked

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
LeJeun3:

Please lemme me get myself after coughing out engine and parts money. ....

LR Defender 110

1. Engine, complete
2. Engine harness
3. Engine mounts / brackets.
4. Engine ECU
5. Clutch kit (3 piece)
6. HPFP -
7. Brake booster -
8. Gear knob -
9. Brake master cylinder -
10. Transmission *Gearbox includes transfer box -
11. Wheel locking nut set -

shocked shocked

Oga mi what is HPFP and did you get the parts here in Nigeria or you ordered them from overseas?
Re: My Defender Project.....! by oblo(m): 9:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
You mean this thread Has been here all this while and I No know? ? ? Blood of Zacharia angry angry angry

Dipo . . Be kia full. . Next time make sure you do the needfull

Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
dumo1:

Oga mi what is HPFP and did you get the parts here in Nigeria or you ordered them from overseas?

High Pressure fuel pump, parts are all sourced from overseas...

Re: My Defender Project.....! by diportivo: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2018
oblo:
You mean this thread Has been here all this while and I No know? ? ? Blood of Zacharia angry angry angry

Dipo . . Be kia full. . Next time make sure you do the needfull

sorry na

I took too many bottles and haven't recovered yet

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Jakumo(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2018
Oga OP, Haba.

If you can afford to buy an engine from the UK for use in Nigeria, then you can certainly afford to pay a bit more towards your annual fuel bill, as the proud owner of a V8 engine that will provide that vital takeoff thrust needed without warning so often on the mean streets and highways of Nigeria.

Forget about all those piteous little 4 and 6-banger lawn-mower engines, and instead go the whole hog with that Defender, by installing a powerful V8 engine, along with its entire dedicated drive-train, into that sedate-looking Clark Kent truck. We are talking engine, gearbox, front and rear differentials, both drive shafts, and maybe some dual shock-absorber mounts on all four corners, for when the going gets tough.

Face it brother, driving Nigerian roads can necessitate James Bond evasive maneuvers at any moment, thanks to mechanized kidnap and armed robbery gangs ever in search of easy prey, so when the chit does hit the fan, you do NOT want to entrust your life and that of your loved ones to some piddling little agricultural hedge-trimmer engine under the hood of such a fine chariot as yours.

Go BIG, or go home, dude. You gats da mullah, likes da muffug, so don't be half-steppin' when it comes to horses under your hood.

Heed the sound-bite of essential automotive wisdom that was imparted very early in this thread, by the Always Mighty Egun Mogaji, namely that man pikin can NEVER have too much horsepower.

I will drink to that, and I will smoke to that until the cows come home.

Thank you Egun Agba. May the force be with you. The force of V8 mon.

http://www.neneoverland.co.uk/special-vehicles/6-2-ls-v8-conversion/

https://www.marks4wd.com/landrover-engine-conversions

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/alternative-powerplants-chevy-v-8-a-1410.html

Key words from my submission above : V8 POWER, MORE, ESCAPE, SAFETY , etc..

Re: My Defender Project.....! by fishing: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2018
Better still source for some aftermarket parts from Chelsea trucks �

Re: My Defender Project.....! by SpaceAngel: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2018
Re: My Defender Project.....! by LeJeun3: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
Jakumo:
Oga OP, Haba.

If you can afford to buy an engine from the UK for use in Nigeria, then you can certainly afford to pay a bit more towards your annual fuel bill, as the proud owner of a V8 engine that will provide that vital takeoff thrust needed without warning so often on the mean streets and highways of Nigeria.

Forget about all those piteous little 4 and 6-banger lawn-mower engines, and instead go the whole hog with that Defender, by installing a powerful V8 engine, along with its entire dedicated drive-train, into that sedate-looking Clark Kent truck. We are talking engine, gearbox, front and rear differentials, both drive shafts, and maybe some dual shock-absorber mounts on all four corners, for when the going gets tough.

Face it brother, driving Nigerian roads can necessitate James Bond evasive maneuvers at any moment, thanks to mechanized kidnap and armed robbery gangs ever in search of easy prey, so when the chit does hit the fan, you do NOT want to entrust your life and that of your loved ones to some piddling little agricultural hedge-trimmer engine under the hood of such a fine chariot as yours.

Go BIG, or go home, dude. You gats da mullah, likes da muffug, so don't be half-steppin' when it comes to horses under your hood.

Heed the sound-bite of essential automotive wisdom that was imparted very early in this thread, by the Always Mighty Egun Mogaji, namely that man pikin can NEVER have too much horsepower.

I will drink to that, and I will smoke to that until the cows come home.

Thank you Egun Agba. May the force be with you. The force of V8 mon.

http://www.neneoverland.co.uk/special-vehicles/6-2-ls-v8-conversion/

https://www.marks4wd.com/landrover-engine-conversions

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/alternative-powerplants-chevy-v-8-a-1410.html

Key words from my submission above : V8 POWER, MORE, ESCAPE, SAFETY , etc..

May the Force be with you....

Swapping in a V8 would have been ideal if I wasn't trying to do a back to basic kinda thing here.

The swaps you talking about are awesome and really need to be bankrolled.

Re: My Defender Project.....! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
LeJeun3:

May the Force be with you....

Swapping in a V8 would have been ideal if I wasn't trying to do a back to basic kinda thing here.

The swaps you talking about are awesome and really need to be bankrolled.

Jakumo na boss naw, he get money to dey fuel V8 engine for this Buhari 145 Naira/Litre Buhari Economy. Back to my question for the day, Oga LeJeun3 how much was the total price for everything, give us quotations abeg. cool
Re: My Defender Project.....! by Jakumo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
dumo1:

Jakumo na boss naw, he get money to dey fuel V8 engine for this Buhari 145 Naira/Litre Buhari Economy. Back to my question for the day, Oga LeJeun3 how much was the total price for everything, give us quotations abeg. cool

I no get felenty kudi-moni at all walahi, Megida Serikii Dumo, BUT I sabi fray well-well, sotay na comflit 200 mile my own V8 engine dey wakka, after dirinki only ONE gallon of fetrol , na Gaskiya turu-talk I yamu telli you so today.

If to say dem put me for feresident of Nongeria like dis, na BY PORCE ebiri-bodi go fut am V8 engine fwa dem moto, if dem no wan go sitay pwa inside Kiri-kiri displeeen camp.

Kobe Steel Scandal Deepens Over Quality Of Metal Used In Cars,Aeroplanes & Train / How Is GOLF 3 Fuel Economy When One Uses AC 24/7? / Mazda MPV Problems: Car Won't Accelerate Beyond 60km/hr At Half-tank