Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent (22459 Views)

More Facts On Magu Looting Funds Emerge - Daily Independent / Oshiomhole Under House Arrest As APC Mega Rally Fails To Hold -Daily Independent / Fashola, Fayemi May Replace Osinbajo As VP - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by honestivo(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2018
Who is Abdulahi when the president has spoken
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by spartan50(m): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2018
Playing politics as usual
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by Bizibi(m): 9:27am On Mar 29, 2018
Politics!!!! Baba is playing hide and seek politics all because of next year elections.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by AntiWailer: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2018
He is too dumb to be a politician not to know that you dnt embrace Party Chairman when seeking reelection.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by itsene: 9:33am On Mar 29, 2018
The way people are blogging rubbish you will think Oyegun did his own tenure elongation.
Maybe the other members of the NEC are so afraid of him, they have no mind of their own.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by 3kay945(m): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2018
So this man is aspiring for the so called second term undecided

Nawa o,. Upon all his failed, fake, unreasonable promises.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by BabatCargo(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2018
Good one
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by Azam101: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2018
wirinet:

Can't you read the article and assimilate? Bubu said after conferring with the ministry of justice, he was informed that tenure extension of party officers tenure was illegal, and it could result in the nullification of all primaries conducted under the illegal party officers (including his own). You should blame the governors who wants to keep Oyegun and the state party officials in place by force or fire until after the primaries.
God bless u Bros.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by Charly68: 10:33am On Mar 29, 2018
The president is living for his integrity .God bless you for this painstaking stand ..what is bad can't be good..up Buhari
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by jiorhemen(m): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2018
Fadiga24:
Tenure elongation is the best option here
But it violates APC's constitution, that's the challenge. Buhari didn't declare his opposition to the elongation because he doesn't want Oyegun's tenure to be extended. It's because it's against their constitution. Some people must have told him the bitter truth that extending their term by one year violates their constitution, making the party subject to litigation. Extending their tenure can be likened to the National Assembly saying that, "let's extend Buhari's tenure by one year because their is serious security issues in this country." Buhari's supporters in the National Assembly may be able to get enough votes to pass the resolution, but the courts will ultimately declare such resolution unconstitutional.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by tayo4ng(m): 11:22am On Mar 29, 2018
Oyegun the architect of the problems in kogi my state. it shall not be well with him
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by indigenous234(f): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2018
JuicyStar:

Some people don't read to understand. They just want to say what's on their mind whether or not it's relevant to the post.

Guess you fall into that category now..... The comment you quoted did justice to the assertion that Dullinho and Jagaban have nothing to offer but only to protect their selfish interest..

If the reason for the U-Turn of Dullinho can be narrowed down to the validity of any Primary conducted by the present NEC and SEC,and with Dullinho being as power drunk as ever, there's a big likelihood that he'll contest come 2019, then, his new position can't be said to be a product of patriotism or respect for the rule of law, nor the constitution.. It's simply because of his selfish interest..

Oya,,,go through the comments again and this time, read it slowly.

OminiKnowest... �
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by JuicyStar: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2018
indigenous234:

Guess you fall into that category now..... The comment you quoted did justice to the assertion that Dullinho and Jagaban have nothing to offer but only to protect their selfish interest..

If the reason for the U-Turn of Dullinho can be narrowed down to the validity of any Primary conducted by the present NEC and SEC,and with Dullinho being as power drunk as ever, there's a big likelihood that he'll contest come 2019, then, his new position can't be said to be a product of patriotism or respect for the rule of law, nor the constitution.. It's simply because of his selfish interest..

Oya,,,go through the comments again and this time, read it slowly.

OminiKnowest... �

Noted but I still don't see any logic in all you have said. Wish u can read what was posted with an open mind. Ur comment only reflect someone who does not read to understand but just looking for any means to attack people.

If u are true to yourself, u will know that all politician at this time are selfish and calculating towards the next election. So rather than rant about a party's internal affair, it is best u prepare to kick the government out next year if thats what u so desire.

OmniNovice.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by wakeupafricanyo: 11:53am On Mar 29, 2018
IT DANKWAMBO TIME
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by talk2rotman(m): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
wirinet:

Can't you read the article and assimilate? Bubu said after conferring with the ministry of justice, he was informed that tenure extension of party officers tenure was illegal, and it could result in the nullification of all primaries conducted under the illegal party officers (including his own). You should blame the governors who wants to keep Oyegun and the state party officials in place by force or fire until after the primaries.

I think u are d one that is not getting the standing point of the writer u quoted above.
this is Nigeria politician and selfishness is in their blood...if buhari knows that the tenure extension will favour him...believe me he won't go back on the previous decision. its bcus he knows the decision may not really favour him and that's why he's making a u-turn.
he is d one at d helms of affairs ...thus is not d first time dey will do something that does not really align with d constitution and dey will twist and bend it to look as if its constitutional.
so forget whatever advice he may be offered from ministry of justice or wareva....he's only playing games
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by ionsman: 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2018
ZarahBuhari:

Where was he(Buhari) when Oyegun was given another one year

Oh no! Do you just choose to be foolish? Fucking read and understand!!!
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
Warning up towards 2019 election.

I don't really like discussing politics.

Please check my signature.

LibertyRep:
Oyegun's tenure elongation seems like a dangerous land mine on the path of PMB's reelection.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
Warning up towards 2019 election.

I don't really like discussing politics.

Please check my signature.

LibertyRep:
Oyegun's tenure elongation seems like a dangerous land mine on the path of PMB's reelection.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by Almoner1: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
The President was very right to have taken the position he took.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by BlueScholar(m): 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
JuicyStar:

Some people don't read to understand. They just want to say what's on their mind whether or not it's relevant to the post.
you're right
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by Kingspin(m): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
Buhari is a chameleon.
Re: Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent by indigenous234(f): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
JuicyStar:

Noted but I still don't see any logic in all you have said. Wish u can read what was posted with an open mind. Ur comment only reflect someone who does not read to understand but just looking for any means to attack people.

If u are true to yourself, u will know that all politician at this time are selfish and calculating towards the next election. So rather than rant about a party's internal affair, it is best u prepare to kick the government out next year if thats what u so desire.

OmniNovice.

I see you didn't take my advice before crafting this your tactless reply...

Read again... Slowly..... Start from the article down to the comments.

Thank me later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Ali Ndume Proposes Communication Tax. Nigerians React / Bandits Kill 15 People In Sokoto, Kidnap Hundreds / Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.