Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,136 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd (1252 Views)

We Can Setup Your Commercial Pigfarm / Non Financial Resident Partner Needed - Ibadan Pigfarm / How To Successfully Rear Local Chickens/fowls For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 8:52am On Mar 29, 2018
I am opening this thread to teach agric savvy youths animal farming beginning with PigFarm.

I will be giving you step by step approach on how I successfully started my PigFarm and how far I have gone currently.

This is to guide young farmers or intending farmers on what to do, how to start, and how to make profit.

PigFarm is a very lucrative business in Nigeria with 100% return of investment in the first 7months.

So follow this thread and ask your questions here & they will be answered.

For more info and pictures follow us on Instagram

1 Share

Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2018
To start a pig farm. You need to have the following needs in mind;

1). Pen for the animals (Rent or Buy)

2). The number of animals to start with (Growers, Weaners or about to cross. which ever suits you)

It is advised you get some growers and some about to cross (I will explain this soon)

Growers: Growing animals who are no longer dependent on their mothers

About To cross: Female animals ready to mate.

3) Farm Attendant ; To cater for your animals. paid monthly.

4) Feeds for the animals (For the next 7months)

5) Medication & vaccination. you need a vet.

6) Water (This is normally attached to the pen. every pen supposedly have a tank or borehole)
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 9:10am On Mar 29, 2018
- I started with 40 animals (Growers)

- 4 "About to cross" (females ready to mate)

Each growers a bought at 10k each. = 400k

Each About to cross at 45k each = 180k

@Lalasticlala help reach a larger audience to help our youth.

Questions are welcomed

Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2018
More photos of growers in their pen

Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by mankand(m): 9:27am On Mar 29, 2018
Wow this is lovely. Baba abeg I want to start a piggery business soon.
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 9:48am On Mar 29, 2018
More update coming shortly
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
Anyone following Should I continue
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by mankand(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
Freest:
Anyone following Should I continue

Baba I dey follow bumper to bumper
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by iff74: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
thanks for this thread,which breed are u into
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
iff74:
thanks for this thread,which breed are u into
I have two breeds. Foreign & mixed breed...
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by fakati(m): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2018
God bless your hustle

Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2018
fakati:
God bless your hustle
Amen Brother... Amen
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by gman55(m): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
Following
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2018
Awesome, I have always wanted to start a pig farm. Am keenly following with great interest.
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Olamytea(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2018
I am so much pleased to av come across this as I am planning to start up a pig farm dis coming April and I wld love to get all d help needed Here. Thumbs up
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
Now that I know we have a few people following, expect more updates soon!!!
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by iff74: 12:02am On Apr 01, 2018
Freest:

I have two breeds. Foreign & mixed breed...
what is d name of d foreign breed be d local breed
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by bruzjay: 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
No more updates?
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Afolabibm: 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
Updates please
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by xteve(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
update o boss
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by DEEprince88(m): 1:37am On Apr 26, 2018
Freest:
- I started with 40 animals (Growers)

- 4 "About to cross" (females ready to mate)

Each growers a bought at 10k each. = 400k

Each About to cross at 45k each = 180k

@Lalasticlala help reach a larger audience to help our youth.

Questions are welcomed

Follow us on IG: BigFarmsLtd
Pls did you formulate your own feed and if so can you give us feed formula for piglet, grower, farrowing mother, breeder etc
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by otarunero2015(m): 1:49am On Apr 30, 2018
Nice thread
Question:
1-you renting pen or you actually bought?
How much for renting how much for buying?

2-is it advisable to start with pregnant soars?
Re: Thread: How To Successfully Start A Pigfarm In Nigeria: Bigfarmsltd by Freest(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
otarunero2015:
Nice thread
Question:
1-you renting pen or you actually bought?
How much for renting how much for buying?

2-is it advisable to start with pregnant soars?

I'm currently renting a pen and always advise you start with renting except you have some good cash. Buying is expensive for a new startup. Buying is above 2m per pen (depends on d room)

Secondly Yes, Yes and Yes it is advisable to start with pregnant soars. That will help greatly when selling your growers

(1) (Reply)

Quality Poultry Feed / How Effective Is Growth Enhancer/promoter To Broilers / Norland Herbal Toothpaste, Gets Rid Of Bad Breath/mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.