Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! (7445 Views)

Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) / What Is Wrong With This Line Of Code? / Please Help Look At My Code (what is wrong with my code ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
I cannot help but laugh to be honest.
The fault is not from Seun Osewa per say, but you see, it is a long story with many tales - the backbone members of the board have been evicted and so this is a consequence of such actions.
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
Here is one of the reasons I say this, when a whole pcguru1 (a king pin) makes a post titled "Looking For Nodejs Developer (web )" since Aug 09, 2017 and as of today approx 8 months after, 448 views and 7 replies only? maka why? It is all over!

Even threads that are desperately begging for answers are unanswered still, but why? but why?
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by phililp(m): 8:43am On Mar 31, 2018
Why won't it be so when seun and his mods ain't got time for the programing section..
All the mods now do is ban, ban ban... Everywhere and den the only thing u now see on fp is
Tobi
Eviction
Cee..c
Tboss
Bbnaija

In fact ehn! Am waiting for another lively and educative forum... Seun don d fall hand,
Na just the fun of reading comments d carry me come nairaland these...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
na wa o
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
I guess everyone has moved on ... if you cast your mind back to 2013 or later and now you would see the difference ..
Most of those guys have either built their own platform or were forced out ..
However nairaland on it's own I must say is not flexible/adaptable whichever word fits
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by CodeTemplar: 12:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Paid posting can cure this board of its challenges to some extent. Let Seun pay some gurus to share what they know. The average Nigerian does not share knowledge. There are guys that can add value to this board. Some persons bashing this board are doing it to spite Seun but That is not necessary.

1 Like

Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2018
Many gurus have been chased/forced out of this board, too many to count.
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by phililp(m): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2018
afonja112:
Many gurus have been chased/forced out of this board, too many to count.

Thats it, I was really vexed when I learnt that dhtml was banned... That nigga was a great piller to this section

Infact ehn i just dun wana be talking about this seun and his mods somthing again..
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2018
We all missed dhtml, the poor dude too vexed and went to start his own platform - which seun has even banned from being written on nairaland.

danielthegeek too went to start of http://friendosphere.com/ and many others too. The thing get as e be o jare.

I used to follow nairaland before, every day i just come here to read what is going on, arguments, quiz e.t.c but now, all that is gone with the old days.

1 Like

Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
afonja112:
We all missed dhtml, the poor dude too vexed and went to start his own platform - which seun has even banned from being written on nairaland.

danielthegeek too went to start of http://friendosphere.com/ and many others too. The thing get as e be o jare.

I used to follow nairaland before, every day i just come here to read what is going on, arguments, quiz e.t.c but now, all that is gone with the old days.
I think he has dropped the friendosphere project .. we still chat once in a while on WhatsApp though
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
Dropped the frendosphere something keh?
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
afonja112:
Dropped the frendosphere something keh?
the dates on the home page are old ..... it looks dormant
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 04, 2018
Its mostly DevSquare slack we are in,this section has been taken over by quacks.

1 Like

Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
Me too going to devsquare slack, please what is the address? this place no longer interesting.
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
afonja112:
Me too going to devsquare slack, please what is the address? this place no longer interesting.

devcenter-square.slack.com

4 Likes

Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
pcguru1:

devcenter-square.slack.com
Baba long time ..
can I get an invite?
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by afonja112: 12:05am On Apr 06, 2018
No way for me to go in
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by kingvicky(m): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2018
phililp:
Why won't it be so when seun and his mods ain't got time for the programing section..
All the mods now do is ban, ban ban... Everywhere and den the only thing u now see on fp is
Tobi
Eviction
Cee..c
Tboss
Bbnaija

In fact ehn! Am waiting for another lively and educative forum... Seun don d fall hand,
Na just the fun of reading comments d carry me come nairaland these...

Finally someone who thinks the same as I do. Since the start of BBNaija this year, almost all threads I come across are devoted to the tomfoolery and carousel that sprouts from the show. And threads are seldom commented on. Advancements will soon be supplanted by all such reality shows have to offer.
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by kanayoNickel: 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2018
wane01:

I think he has dropped the friendosphere project .. we still chat once in a while on WhatsApp though

He and a group of seriously malformed Nerds are developing an insane Virtual reality game.....i happen to preview the group setting and my head swoon.

Dan is a nerd in sheep's clothing cool

By the way lets celebrate to zuck's downfall, may his days as CEO be short

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2018
kanayoNickel:

He and a group of seriously malformed Nerds are developing an insane Virtual reality game.....i happen to preview the group setting and my head swoon.

Dan is a nerd in sheep's clothing cool

By the way lets celebrate to zuck's downfall, may his days as CEO be short
Hey am just getting to know about this e o
Nickel I have an idea that just buzzed into my head ... I want to build a platform for devs only .. I saw your nairaland clone and was wowed ... can we talk on WhatsApp??
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by kanayoNickel: 6:01pm On Apr 06, 2018
wane01:

Hey am just getting to know about this e o
Nickel I have an idea that just buzzed into my head ... I want to build a platform for devs only .. I saw your nairaland clone and was wowed ... can we talk on WhatsApp??

thank you, someone managed , rather forced me to launch it albeit its still incomplete. so i bought a domain yesterday (with the person's money ofcourse) and hosted it

Its not super advanced but from what this angel investor-turned - Mentor said - Launch and work on it .....

Ofcourse, we can talk, here's my number 09056821885.
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2018
kanayoNickel:

thank you, someone managed , rather forced me to launch it albeit its still incomplete. so i bought a domain yesterday (with the person's money ofcourse) and hosted it

Its not super advanced but from what this angel investor-turned - Mentor said - Launch and work on it .....

Ofcourse, we can talk, here's my number 09056821885.

buh I think a non clone would have been better
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by kanayoNickel: 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2018
wane01:

buh I think a non clone would have been better

Well, we can work on something....I actually want to solve a problem with NL.

That was the singular purpose of building the clone. Along the line, i started putting on several stuff into it. the journey exposed me to alotta stuff really
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2018
kanayoNickel:

Well, we can work on something....I actually want to solve a problem with NL.

That was the singular purpose of building the clone. Along the line, i started putting on several stuff into it. the journey exposed me to alotta stuff really
very true ... We learn a lot when we play and get our hands dirty ... Considering your heavy template I hope its still gonna load nicely on certain browsers
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
wane01:

Baba long time ..
can I get an invite?
Email ? so i can invite
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by ediko5(m): 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
Nairaland rarely send Programming post to front page and the forum is owned by a world class programmer.

Seun please do something.
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2018
ediko5:
Nairaland rarely send Programming post to front page and the forum is owned by a world class programmer.

Seun please do something.

I highly doubt that it's Seun job to handle this section, the first question is who is the mod responsible ? but then again you can't blame the mods they have more better things to do anyway.
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by wane01(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
pcguru1:
Email ? so i can invite
vickywane@gmail.com
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by ediko5(m): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
pcguru1:

I highly doubt that it's Seun job to handle this section, the first question is who is the mod responsible ? but then again you can't blame the mods they have more better things to do anyway.

That reminds me. What about Afam4eva
Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
ediko5:

That reminds me. What about Afam4eva
We're still here but not as active as before...

@topic
Nairaland is what it is because it's a Nigerian site, so all the characteristics of anything Nigeria becomes evident in the way things are done. I don't agree that Seun does not share a blame in all of this. He's actually the architect behind the brain drain of Nairaland especially this section because he refused to evolve and he also frustrated those that made this place tick.

6 Likes

Re: Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! by ediko5(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

We're still here but not as active as before...

@topic
Nairaland is what it is because it's a Nigerian site, so all the characteristics of anything Nigeria becomes evident in the way things are done. I don't agree that Seun does not share a blame in all of this. He's actually the architect behind the brain drain of Nairaland especially this section because he refused to evolve and he also frustrated those that made this place tick.

Afam boss i greet you.

I will always be loyal to you because you are the first person who introduced me into web design. Even though i later left it and went into blogging but i'm back fully for web development.

Back to the topic: I remember the days Nairaland was filled with amtured mind and then i was merely a secondary school leaver.

You will come here to ask questions and seek solutions to problems from matured minds. People relate well with each other. But now is the reverse. Maybe because the forum admin are more concern with BBnaija, sectarian politics than educative and informative posts thereby promoting the already existing bad reading and studying habit among Nigerians.

When i enter Programming, Technology and health section, i see quality, informative and educating posts. But these posts rarely make front page. They are hidden in the crowd by the admin.

Nowadays on Nairaland, if you post a topic seeking solution for a particular problem, what you get in response are jokes, shading and insults, and some juveniles who come up straight and tell you to buy their ebooks or hire them ( Even though not all services are free).

I was surprised when i recently made a posted about a problem in encountered with Xampp server https://www.nairaland.com/4430798/xampp-server-user-please-come and i got matured and clear responses from Nairalanders in this Programming section.

So Sir, please i need you talk to Seun as an Admin to make him sit up and bring back the matured minds back to this forum.a

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Embedded Systems / Blackberry Jde Download / Developers In The House, Show Us What You're Currently Working On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.