Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (20903 Views)

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening / Tunde Ayeni Retrieves Office Gifted To Female Lawyer,Adaobi Over Paternity Issue / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by marvin906(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
i swear as i saw how long the write up was i gave up

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Wizprof: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
What a wonderful write up. When the rate of runs girls and oloshos top up day by day, one can easily blame it on the economy of the country without even thinking twice forgetting that most of this ladies past are hunting them, a past that would have not been so if they were been taught about what the msg of OP is all about.

3 Likes

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by visijo(m): 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
Nice epistle.. But how you wan take start to discuss sex with your children?
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by alexmakaay(m): 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
I beg to differ on the opinions raised by the writer as reasons to support girl child sex education:

firstly, tradition is regarded as the peoples way of life, both dress code, perception and everything that has to do with human existence. Each people has theirs and it cannot be used as an identity to an alien. WE ARE AFRICANS not by our own making but as nature wants it. Matters relating to sexual intercourse is discussed between adults..they have the capacity to understand and readily feel what's its all about.
The psychological and emotional requirements of sex is not yet present in a girl of pre puberty age. Therefore I think by teaching her about sex, it will simply arouse a certain curiosity about this 'sex' which will make her crave for it even before she is psychologically ready for it.

Moreover, Whether you teach her sex education or not, she will certainly choose her own orientation as it concerns her emotions and body.

I always advocate that parents should inculcate the fear of God in a child.. thereof she will learn how to relate and control her emotions plus sexual emotions in a most descent manner.
All these talks about sex will simply pollute her innocent mind.

The only sex education I can teach my daughter is to let her know that her 'privates' is exclusively hers, anybody that touches it should be reported to the nearest authority if I the dad is not there.
She will learn other higher education about sex when the time reaches.

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by ariyike87(f): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2018
very beautiful write up.. Kudos!
Africlegend:
The Girl Child And Sex! When African Mothers Make Mistakes.

African Mothers are out-and-out disciplinarians. They can flog sense into a Child's brain in a flash. An average African Child knows the whereabouts of a particular rod, specially contrived to romance his/her body at the slightest dare. Beautiful enough, a black skinned child becomes a practical psychoanalyst at a very tender age. He/she makes no mistake in decoding mother's eyes movement. When an African Mother coughs, she's likely passing a message her children understand. A girl reading my blurb would remember how her mum would scratch the ground, with her foot, in a gathering, just to let her know she wasn't sitting the right way, as she was expected to sit in a way that would not alter the dark of her privates. I would necessarily google my mother's eyes to seek approval before passing the hat on anything offered by a stranger. If not, the delicacy of the candy or sweetmeat would not be a match to my Mum's hot slaps. Oh! African Mothers condone no-nonsense, only those children, who practiced peanut stealing can explain. After being beaten like he/she is disgusting, a child caught stealing would be made to go hungry for hours. In my continent, parents teach their children, how to talk in public, how to dress modestly, how not to be gluttonous, how to relate with elders, how to eat without beating the plate, how to greet, how to cook, how to wake up early, how to read for exams, how to be orderly and well behaved, how to run errands, how to pray and so many 'how to(s)', but won't cram them with: how to fall in love without breaking bones, how to deal with sexual urge, how sex feels, how to relate with the opposite sex, and, how to go about birth control and/or safe sex. So, since the failure to plan is a good plan to fail, who teaches African ladies the rudiments of sex and the different styles they explore in bed? Their mothers! How? The next paragrah!

When a sex nine-to-fiver(Olosho) is your guest for business, if you can convince her, she would prepare a very delicious meal that you would not want to exhaust in a giffee. She learnt it from her Mum. Little wonder, a runs girl would still sit with her laps closed. She learnt that, too, from her Mum. Don't be surprised, if a prostitute woke you up in the morning with, "let us pray." Not her fault. Even that, she had learnt from her parents and it's already part of her. Some Ladies were in Ekiti for the most recently conducted Jamb exams, my friends hooked them up and the rest is history. One of them complained of how one of the Ladies almost killed him. He almost died feeding the kitty.The question is: From where did those young ladies learn those bed smarts? Seriously, their mothers caused it in the least!

An average African Mother recites to her daughter(s), "run away from boys". She tells her children how guys could be dangerous, how the only good a boy can offer is: impregnate ladies and dump them. How a handshake with a boy could mean a nine month off. She only teaches her daughters how sex is a Sin. Some even cage their females, while some would threaten fire if they ever saw their daughters with boys. Many grown up African Women would even gossip their neighbours' daughters found gamboling with males, they call such girls names and treat them with disdain and contempt. Unfortunately, the realities of life is not favourable to such disciplines. It happens that a girl programmed to stay away from boys shares space with same in the classroom and is compelled to relate. In the make ready of such ordinary ties-up, a girl finds boys more accommodating and fun to be with. She discovers how her newly found boyfriend is nothing close to the danger zone her mum has made of his likes. She begins to see the lies and/or exaggerations in her mum's rhetorics and takes other steps forward. Haven discovered faults in her mum's voice, the innocent then runs to friends, either male or female, to ask questions meant for a mother. She falls in love with one charming guy in class, but, Not trusting her mum's judgement(her mum must not even hear of her falling in love) she asks her new-found lover questions meant for her Mum. "How does it feel like to have sex?" "Is sex really bad?" She feels some heat between her legs and discovers she's wet. Not trusting what her mum's ruling would be, she would still have to confide in her new-found guy. Believing what the guy has to say, "I'll stay by you forever," "I'll die for you," "I'll make you my wife," and so many other emotional ABCs, the only thing stopping her from allowing the man acces to her pant is, "but my mum said sex was a sin, and that it was bad." Trust the hot demon, he has the answer already," "if sex is that bad and should be avoided, how did they come by you ? Seriously, I love you... and won't do anything to hurt you. If you love me too, allow me this once." What more do an ignorant doll face need to give in? She eats the fruit and knows what it tastes like. She now wants to enjoy it better, and, willing to blow her boy's mind in bed, she researches styles, practices them, gets thumbs up, and becomes addicted.

On the other hand, girls who are fortunate to have less-unsparing mothers, who school them on love, sex, birth control etc, grow up to be stronger, more confident and informed. When they say 'no' they mean it. Some of them make virgins of themselves. What would a guy tell them about sex that their Mums have not told them? They are independent and worship their hymen. They dream of the right Man and have their standard set. Don't mind them. They already know that men are friendly, fun to be with, and caring. Mum had already told them how beautiful it is to fall in love. That men are not dangerous but could do anything to get under one's pant, makes sense to them. When they are getting overwhelmed with sweet talks, romantic, erotic and lovey-dovey voices, they run home to ask questions, and, trust their Mums, they would be schooled most affectionately. Even, when they make mistakes, they cry and tell mum everything and she knows what to do. So, it's easier for them to get back on their feet and move on.

Anyways, when I become a parent, I will tell my daughter(s), how falling in love is pretty. How it is possible to be in a relationship without giving in to sex. How beautiful Hanky panky is, when delayed till the wedding night. How sex is meant only for the married. How risky it is to make love before working down the aisle. How she should feel free to introduce to me, her boyfriend and how I'm always available to answer her questions on Love, sex and relationship.

(Originally written in September, 2017)

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and eulogist.
faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Truman155(m): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
Interesting. I can't believe i read all
me too

2 Likes

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Truman155(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
very good interesting captivating and true write-up bravo I enjoyed every bit of it nairaland should be more of this and less of Tonto bbn and snakes

2 Likes

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Coldfeets: 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2018
MsFaith:
�this is a beautiful write up, I found so much truth in it

I tried to, but I just couldn't go beyond the first paragraph.

I hope you're not offended? wink
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Jonifech: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
Love Problems: 3 little mistakes that won’t make your relationship last long

Things you should never overlook as they could later harm your relationship.

Little relationship mistakes are easy to miss, even though they make many relationships not last long.
There’s the tendency to always look out for the grand issues, big problems that people fear the most – unfaithfulness, refusal to have sex, side chicks, financial problems, etc.

However, failed relationships are not caused only by these huge, obvious problems. There are little, ignored problems that people should be paying more attention to in their relationships.

1. You don’t let things slide
Sometimes you just have to let some little things go. Being too confrontational, or doing so at all times, regardless of your partner’s mood is not good enough.

Yes, communication is good and expressing your hurt is great as well; but you need to realise that your partner is human and those little mistakes are bound to happen occasionally. You can’t pick on EVERY single mistake, you’ll end up looking like you’re hounding your partner. They’ll also feel so, so imperfect.

So, learn to let some little mistakes go, so far they are not too recurrent.

2. You don’t express your love

Everyone in love deserves reassurances. The mistake often made by many is to assume that only men have this duty to always tell their baes ‘I love you.’ That couldn’t be any farther from the truth!
As much as men should always make women know how much they love them, women in relationships need to also realise that men need regular reassurances, too. So never get too comfortable to the point of assuming that your partner [guy or babe] knows that you love them so you stop saying it.

It may sound minute and inconsequential but it could be negatively impactful on your relationship. Be expressive of your love.

3. White lies
Being untruthful with your partner on something very little may seem harmless until they find out and begin to wonder if anything you’ve ever told them was even true!

It is actually better to not say anything about an issue than to give a white lie about it.
visit JONINET MEDIA FOR MORE
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by vicglo: 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
Nice write up....Lot of lesson.
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2018
Truest story ever told.
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Ishilove: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
superhumanist:
Ishilove, the disciplinarian, any comments?
A child who wants to go down the wrong road will do so, regardless of the kind of upbringing they have because in the long run, the power of life and death are in our hands. The choice is ours.

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by MsFaith: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
Coldfeets:

I tried to, but I just couldn't go beyond the first paragraph.

I hope you're not offended? wink
Offended bawo? At all o. We are all different and we view life from different angles but I bet majority of people will agree with this post. If I tell you that at my age I don't know how to fall in love with a man you won't believe me, it's because of the way my mother brought me up, the too many things she has told me that has made me resent the opposite sex to a level. Now ask yourself, is that suppose to be?
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Vince77(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
I always tell my Friends that parents are not doing enough in raising kids. Feeling, sending them to school and shouting at them at the slightest provocation is the only thing most parent do and its not enough.
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by talk2dre(m): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
Africlegend:
The Girl Child And Sex! When African Mothers Make Mistakes.

African Mothers are out-and-out disciplinarians. They can flog sense into a Child's brain in a flash. An average African Child knows the whereabouts of a particular rod, specially contrived to romance his/her body at the slightest dare. Beautiful enough, a black skinned child becomes a practical psychoanalyst at a very tender age. He/she makes no mistake in decoding mother's eyes movement. When an African Mother coughs, she's likely passing a message her children understand. A girl reading my blurb would remember how her mum would scratch the ground, with her foot, in a gathering, just to let her know she wasn't sitting the right way, as she was expected to sit in a way that would not alter the dark of her privates. I would necessarily google my mother's eyes to seek approval before passing the hat on anything offered by a stranger. If not, the delicacy of the candy or sweetmeat would not be a match to my Mum's hot slaps. Oh! African Mothers condone no-nonsense, only those children, who practiced peanut stealing can explain. After being beaten like he/she is disgusting, a child caught stealing would be made to go hungry for hours. In my continent, parents teach their children, how to talk in public, how to dress modestly, how not to be gluttonous, how to relate with elders, how to eat without beating the plate, how to greet, how to cook, how to wake up early, how to read for exams, how to be orderly and well behaved, how to run errands, how to pray and so many 'how to(s)', but won't cram them with: how to fall in love without breaking bones, how to deal with sexual urge, how sex feels, how to relate with the opposite sex, and, how to go about birth control and/or safe sex. So, since the failure to plan is a good plan to fail, who teaches African ladies the rudiments of sex and the different styles they explore in bed? Their mothers! How? The next paragrah!

When a sex nine-to-fiver(Olosho) is your guest for business, if you can convince her, she would prepare a very delicious meal that you would not want to exhaust in a giffee. She learnt it from her Mum. Little wonder, a runs girl would still sit with her laps closed. She learnt that, too, from her Mum. Don't be surprised, if a prostitute woke you up in the morning with, "let us pray." Not her fault. Even that, she had learnt from her parents and it's already part of her. Some Ladies were in Ekiti for the most recently conducted Jamb exams, my friends hooked them up and the rest is history. One of them complained of how one of the Ladies almost killed him. He almost died feeding the kitty.The question is: From where did those young ladies learn those bed smarts? Seriously, their mothers caused it in the least!

An average African Mother recites to her daughter(s), "run away from boys". She tells her children how guys could be dangerous, how the only good a boy can offer is: impregnate ladies and dump them. How a handshake with a boy could mean a nine month off. She only teaches her daughters how sex is a Sin. Some even cage their females, while some would threaten fire if they ever saw their daughters with boys. Many grown up African Women would even gossip their neighbours' daughters found gamboling with males, they call such girls names and treat them with disdain and contempt. Unfortunately, the realities of life is not favourable to such disciplines. It happens that a girl programmed to stay away from boys shares space with same in the classroom and is compelled to relate. In the make ready of such ordinary ties-up, a girl finds boys more accommodating and fun to be with. She discovers how her newly found boyfriend is nothing close to the danger zone her mum has made of his likes. She begins to see the lies and/or exaggerations in her mum's rhetorics and takes other steps forward. Haven discovered faults in her mum's voice, the innocent then runs to friends, either male or female, to ask questions meant for a mother. She falls in love with one charming guy in class, but, Not trusting her mum's judgement(her mum must not even hear of her falling in love) she asks her new-found lover questions meant for her Mum. "How does it feel like to have sex?" "Is sex really bad?" She feels some heat between her legs and discovers she's wet. Not trusting what her mum's ruling would be, she would still have to confide in her new-found guy. Believing what the guy has to say, "I'll stay by you forever," "I'll die for you," "I'll make you my wife," and so many other emotional ABCs, the only thing stopping her from allowing the man acces to her pant is, "but my mum said sex was a sin, and that it was bad." Trust the hot demon, he has the answer already," "if sex is that bad and should be avoided, how did they come by you ? Seriously, I love you... and won't do anything to hurt you. If you love me too, allow me this once." What more do an ignorant doll face need to give in? She eats the fruit and knows what it tastes like. She now wants to enjoy it better, and, willing to blow her boy's mind in bed, she researches styles, practices them, gets thumbs up, and becomes addicted.

On the other hand, girls who are fortunate to have less-unsparing mothers, who school them on love, sex, birth control etc, grow up to be stronger, more confident and informed. When they say 'no' they mean it. Some of them make virgins of themselves. What would a guy tell them about sex that their Mums have not told them? They are independent and worship their hymen. They dream of the right Man and have their standard set. Don't mind them. They already know that men are friendly, fun to be with, and caring. Mum had already told them how beautiful it is to fall in love. That men are not dangerous but could do anything to get under one's pant, makes sense to them. When they are getting overwhelmed with sweet talks, romantic, erotic and lovey-dovey voices, they run home to ask questions, and, trust their Mums, they would be schooled most affectionately. Even, when they make mistakes, they cry and tell mum everything and she knows what to do. So, it's easier for them to get back on their feet and move on.

Anyways, when I become a parent, I will tell my daughter(s), how falling in love is pretty. How it is possible to be in a relationship without giving in to sex. How beautiful Hanky panky is, when delayed till the wedding night. How sex is meant only for the married. How risky it is to make love before working down the aisle. How she should feel free to introduce to me, her boyfriend and how I'm always available to answer her questions on Love, sex and relationship.

(Originally written in September, 2017)

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and eulogist.
faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Nice write up , but u forgot to mention to advice daughters never to date a black man,they are sexist , chauvinistic, backwards and do no know how to treat women, cheating is also a second nature to them.
My daughter will never marry a black man, white men are beautiful people both in and out.
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by missimelda01(f): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
I love this!.. thanks for sharing
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by ashewoboy(m): 7:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
MsFaith:

Offended bawo? At all o. We are all different and we view life from different angles but I bet majority of people will agree with this post. If I tell you that at my age I don't know how to fall in love with a man you won't believe me, it's because of the way my mother brought me up, the too many things she has told me that has made me resent the opposite sex to a level. Now ask yourself, is that suppose to be?

i could make you fall in love with me. i know your name, what's your number?
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola by ndcide(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
Train your children in the way of God and pray for them. In our family, it's the one that oyibonized the training of their children like what the @op, is saying that had a pregnant daughter, as a teenager.

Which kind confidence are you talking about sef.. The confidence of sexual recklessness and be bold about it?. Or the one who has perfected the act of illicit sex without anyone knowing?

Abeggy.. No matter what you teach your children, if you don't lead them in the way of God, they will even have incest many times and you will never know.

What do you want to tech a child who is being bombarded with sex everywhere.. From the media to everywhere else.

Both the naive ones and the sharp ones are having sex like dogs .

It is the God in a child that makes the difference.

Just like Joseph in Egypt, it's the God in him that showed . If not he would have been having sex with the wife of his master and remained a slave.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Time To Remember Our Old Fellow Nairalanders / Wife Divorce Hubby For Impregnating Lunatic / Work Wahala In My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.