Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (121786 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah / Hacked:romance And Action Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by cortix(m): 9:02am On Apr 20, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Wow! That's great, Cortix. Thank you for your patronage. Hope you are enjoying it?

Got a notification from Nairaland that you were trying to send me an email. You can email me on jameskudooski@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

I did, i must say you are very creative
i like your writing skills.
saw some other powerful works you have like the prisoner of love

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by kingin55(m): 9:21am On Apr 20, 2018
great work bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by becca2017(f): 9:23am On Apr 20, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Becca2017, abi oooo. Na wa for Shakirah oooo. And thank you for the compliments.

Lol u're welcome
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by ADUKKY(f): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2018
I just bought on bd scholar now, quite easy i must confess. My weekend tonic is ready, thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by emperorblog(m): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2018
read more story and article here
check here
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:36am On Apr 20, 2018
cortix:

I did, i must say you are very creative
i like your writing skills.
saw some other powerful works you have like the prisoner of love

Thanks so much, bruv. And your compliments, they are making me blush. I really appreciate.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:38am On Apr 20, 2018
kingin55:
great work bro

Thank you, Kingin55.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2018
ADUKKY:
I just bought on bd scholar now, quite easy i must confess. My weekend tonic is ready, thanks OP.

Wow! Thanks for your patronage, Adukky.

Hope it supercharges your weekend. Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Kaycee9242(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
Wow wat a captivating update, James u are really talented keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
Kaycee9242:
Wow wat a captivating update, James u are really talented keep it coming

Thanks for the compliments, Kaycer9242. Really appreciate.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
NEW EPISODES LOADING...

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
EPISODE 24
(CHAPTER NINE)

SIMISOLA PACED UP AND down the sitting room on a bright Saturday morning. She had not seen Yemi for two weeks and she was missing him dearly. She knew that his project had been very demanding lately and was taking a serious toll on him. Nonetheless, talking on phone alone was not enough for her; it couldn’t compare with being in his presence. She longed to see his face.

She picked up her phone and called him.

“Hello Sweetie,” Yemi answered after picking the call.

“Hello Dearie, how’s my Cutie doing today?”

“Your Cutie is doing fine. And my Baby Girl?”

“Your Baby Girl is not fine at all.”

“What?!” Yemi jerked on his seat “What’s wrong?”

“I am missing my Baby Boy dearly,” she answered like a little girl who had not seen her parents for weeks.

Yemi heaved a sigh of relief. “Oh, you scared me, you know. I thought something serious had happened to you.”

“And is missing you not something serious? I want to see my Baby Boy, jor,” she replied still like a small child.

“You know I’m missing you too. I wish I could see you as often as before but you know this project is taking a lot of my time lately. It’s the final stage that’s why it’s this demanding now but don’t worry we are wrapping it up pretty soon. Then I will have all the time for my Quiet Beauty.”

She smiled. Quiet Beauty sounded sweet to her. “Where are you?” she asked.

“I’m in my office.”

“Office on a Saturday morning again?” She pouted. “Anyway, I want to see my Prince Charming today sha ooo otherwise be prepared to send an ambulance.”

“Wow! That’s serious. But you know I can’t come down today. Do you mind taking an Uber cab to the office?”

“Good. That sounds like it, Dearie. Would you text the office address to me?” she sounded excited.

“Right away, Sweetie.”

“You are a darling. Love you, Dearie.”

“Love you too, Sweetie.”

Shortly thereafter the address dropped in her inbox. She had not been to his office before but thank God Yemi had taught her how to use Uber and had installed the app on her phone. Uber drivers knew most places and she was sure it wouldn’t be a problem for them to locate his office on Victoria Island.

Before long, they were at his office at Adeola Odeku Street. She met the secretary who directed her to Yemi’s office. On seeing him, she jumped into his arms. They had both missed each other badly that it took time before they let go of each other.

She soon settled down and admired the cosy office. The lovely lavender scent coming from the air freshener added a freshness to the air that was inviting. She concluded that Yemi was a man of impeccable taste. Not that she didn’t know that before, what she saw just reaffirmed it.

She remembered the first time she was at his house at Banana Island--a sight which added credence to his lofty taste and attention to details. She flinched at the memory of her reaction that day; she almost slapped herself for it. She was completely struck by awe that she embarrassed herself. She had only seen such magnificence on TV. So, stepping her feet into such a place and the prospect of being the ‘madam’ of the edifice betrayed all the things her personal tutor had taught her on comportment, etiquette, and decorum. And it paved way for the manifestation of the ghetto girl in her. Yemi had looked at her and smiled reassuringly. Remembering that moment still embarrassed her any day even though she had greatly improved now.

“What a nice office you have here,” she complimented.

“Thank you, Sweetie. Just give me few more minutes to round up what I’m doing then we can go out for lunch.”

“Okay, Dearie.”

Just then Yemi started hearing his secretary raising her voice at someone, “Madam, sorry you can’t just go in like that. Let me at least inform him that you are here to see him!”

The lady snapped back, “Then stop me if you can. Excuse me!”

Before the secretary could do or say anything else, the door flung open.

“NICOLE!” Yemi sprang to his feet.

“Hello, Yemi.”

“Hi, Nicole, and what was that drama outside all about?”

“Well, if you had schooled your secretary on manners none of that would have happened!”

“She was only doing her job, Nicole.”

“And her job is to prevent me from coming into your office, right?”

“You could have, at least, respected the protocol of the office. It was just going to take a minute or two ...”

“Protocol my foot! Has she not known me long enough for her to grant me unrestricted access to see you?”

“But courtesy demands that you let her do her job, Nicole.”

“Well, story for the gods!” she said and sauntered towards the double-seater sofa where Simisola was seated. She talked and walked with an air of arrogance; as if she owned the place and everyone in it. That didn’t diminish the fact that she was beautiful and tastefully dressed though. Her accent sounded American just like Yemi’s. With her carriage, one couldn’t have missed the fact that she was enjoying a successful career and was born into wealth. Her hubris couldn’t be missed either.

Simisola recognized her at once. She was the pretty TV presenter she had always adored. Simisola stood up and excitedly stretched her hand for a handshake. “Good day ma’am. I’m so delighted to ...”

Nicole snobbishly waved her off. She eyed her from head to toe as if assessing her and walked passed her, leaving her hand hanging in the air. She sat on the sofa and crossed her legs. Simisola felt bad.

Yemi seeing the tension that was brewing, quickly waded in, “Um, Simisola please meet Nicole. Nicole ... Simisola.”

Nicole rolled her eyes. “Oh, you forgot to add ‘from the slum’. I see, so this is the slut from the ghetto I’ve been hearing about lately?” She then turned to Yemi and continued, “Oh no, Yemi, you disappointed me! A gold-digger from the slum? Oh, you can do better than that, Yemi!”

Simisola didn’t know what hit her. The words were heavy and piercing. With eyes and mouth widely ajar, she watched and listened as Nicole ran her mouth. She felt a wetness in her eyes.

Nicole yelled, “When you started behaving funny recently, I was expecting to see an elite, a beauty queen, or a super model that would have been capable of giving me a run for my money and not this ... this ... this low life, a scumbag from a God forsaken ghetto for God’s sake!”

“SHUT UP, NICOLE!!!” Yemi screamed. “Enough of these your shenanigans. I won’t stand here and watch you insult Simisola like that!”

“And then what? You are going to beat me or throw me out of your office because of this ghetto slut?”

Simisola couldn’t take it anymore. She picked her bag and ran out of the office. She fought hard to hold back her tears. She had expected to have a good time with her heartthrob but what she encountered made her regret ever coming around. She stopped a taxi and left. The secretary at seeing the upset Simisola ran out of her boss’ office knew that Nicole was at it again.

“I wonder how MD’s and this Nicole of a lady’s paths crossed,” she said to herself as she rushed into Yemi’s office. “Sir, do you want me to call security?”

“Don’t worry Cynthia. I can handle this.”

“Well, that won’t be necessary madam secretary. We are done here anyways and I’m on my way out already.” She eyed Cynthia annoyingly, picked her bag and phones, and swaggered out.

Yemi quickly picked up his phone and called Simisola several times but she refused to pick up.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

2. BOLDSCHOLAR: https://www.boldscholar.com/books/jewel-from-the-ghetto

3. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/814412

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Peppergroove(m): 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
JamesKudooski:
EPISODE 24
(CHAPTER NINE)

SIMISOLA PACED UP AND down the sitting room on a bright Saturday morning. She had not seen Yemi for two weeks and she was missing him dearly. She knew that his project had been very demanding lately and was taking a serious toll on him. Nonetheless, talking on phone alone was not enough for her; it couldn’t compare with being in his presence. She longed to see his face.

She picked up her phone and called him.

“Hello Sweetie,” Yemi answered after picking the call.

“Hello Dearie, how’s my Cutie doing today?”

“Your Cutie is doing fine. And my Baby Girl?”

“Your Baby Girl is not fine at all.”

“What?!” Yemi jerked on his seat “What’s wrong?”

“I am missing my Baby Boy dearly,” she answered like a little girl who had not seen her parents for weeks.

Yemi heaved a sigh of relief. “Oh, you scared me, you know. I thought something serious had happened to you.”

“And is missing you not something serious? I want to see my Baby Boy, jor,” she replied still like a small child.

“You know I’m missing you too. I wish I could see you as often as before but you know this project is taking a lot of my time lately. It’s the final stage that’s why it’s this demanding now but don’t worry we are wrapping it up pretty soon. Then I will have all the time for my Quiet Beauty.”

She smiled. Quiet Beauty sounded sweet to her. “Where are you?” she asked.

“I’m in my office.”

“Office on a Saturday morning again?” She pouted. “Anyway, I want to see my Prince Charming today sha ooo otherwise be prepared to send an ambulance.”

“Wow! That’s serious. But you know I can’t come down today. Do you mind taking an Uber cab to the office?”

“Good. That sounds like it, Dearie. Would you text the office address to me?” she sounded excited.

“Right away, Sweetie.”

“You are a darling. Love you, Dearie.”

“Love you too, Sweetie.”

Shortly thereafter the address dropped in her inbox. She had not been to his office before but thank God Yemi had taught her how to use Uber and had installed the app on her phone. Uber drivers knew most places and she was sure it wouldn’t be a problem for them to locate his office on Victoria Island.

Before long, they were at his office at Adeola Odeku Street. She met the secretary who directed her to Yemi’s office. On seeing him, she jumped into his arms. They had both missed each other badly that it took time before they let go of each other.

She soon settled down and admired the cosy office. The lovely lavender scent coming from the air freshener added a freshness to the air that was inviting. She concluded that Yemi was a man of impeccable taste. Not that she didn’t know that before, what she saw just reaffirmed it.

She remembered the first time she was at his house at Banana Island--a sight which added credence to his lofty taste and attention to details. She flinched at the memory of her reaction that day; she almost slapped herself for it. She was completely struck by awe that she embarrassed herself. She had only seen such magnificence on TV. So, stepping her feet into such a place and the prospect of being the ‘madam’ of the edifice betrayed all the things her personal tutor had taught her on comportment, etiquette, and decorum. And it paved way for the manifestation of the ghetto girl in her. Yemi had looked at her and smiled reassuringly. Remembering that moment still embarrassed her any day even though she had greatly improved now.

“What a nice office you have here,” she complimented.

“Thank you, Sweetie. Just give me few more minutes to round up what I’m doing then we can go out for lunch.”

“Okay, Dearie.”

Just then Yemi started hearing his secretary raising her voice at someone, “Madam, sorry you can’t just go in like that. Let me at least inform him that you are here to see him!”

The lady snapped back, “Then stop me if you can. Excuse me!”

Before the secretary could do or say anything else, the door flung open.

“NICOLE!” Yemi sprang to his feet.

“Hello, Yemi.”

“Hi, Nicole, and what was that drama outside all about?”

“Well, if you had schooled your secretary on manners none of that would have happened!”

“She was only doing her job, Nicole.”

“And her job is to prevent me from coming into your office, right?”

“You could have, at least, respected the protocol of the office. It was just going to take a minute or two ...”

“Protocol my foot! Has she not known me long enough for her to grant me unrestricted access to see you?”

“But courtesy demands that you let her do her job, Nicole.”

“Well, story for the gods!” she said and sauntered towards the double-seater sofa where Simisola was seated. She talked and walked with an air of arrogance; as if she owned the place and everyone in it. That didn’t diminish the fact that she was beautiful and tastefully dressed though. Her accent sounded American just like Yemi’s. With her carriage, one couldn’t have missed the fact that she was enjoying a successful career and was born into wealth. Her hubris couldn’t be missed either.

Simisola recognized her at once. She was the pretty TV presenter she had always adored. Simisola stood up and excitedly stretched her hand for a handshake. “Good day ma’am. I’m so delighted to ...”

Nicole snobbishly waved her off. She eyed her from head to toe as if assessing her and walked passed her, leaving her hand hanging in the air. She sat on the sofa and crossed her legs. Simisola felt bad.

Yemi seeing the tension that was brewing, quickly waded in, “Um, Simisola please meet Nicole. Nicole ... Simisola.”

Nicole rolled her eyes. “Oh, you forgot to add ‘from the slum’. I see, so this is the slut from the ghetto I’ve been hearing about lately?” She then turned to Yemi and continued, “Oh no, Yemi, you disappointed me! A gold-digger from the slum? Oh, you can do better than that, Yemi!”

Simisola didn’t know what hit her. The words were heavy and piercing. With eyes and mouth widely ajar, she watched and listened as Nicole ran her mouth. She felt a wetness in her eyes.

Nicole yelled, “When you started behaving funny recently, I was expecting to see an elite, a beauty queen, or a super model that would have been capable of giving me a run for my money and not this ... this ... this low life, a scumbag from a God forsaken ghetto for God’s sake!”

“SHUT UP, NICOLE!!!” Yemi screamed. “Enough of these your shenanigans. I won’t stand here and watch you insult Simisola like that!”

“And then what? You are going to beat me or throw me out of your office because of this ghetto slut?”

Simisola couldn’t take it anymore. She picked her bag and ran out of the office. She fought hard to hold back her tears. She had expected to have a good time with her heartthrob but what she encountered made her regret ever coming around. She stopped a taxi and left. The secretary at seeing the upset Simisola ran out of her boss’ office knew that Nicole was at it again.

“I wonder how MD’s and this Nicole of a lady’s paths crossed,” she said to herself as she rushed into Yemi’s office. “Sir, do you want me to call security?”

“Don’t worry Cynthia. I can handle this.”

“Well, that won’t be necessary madam secretary. We are done here anyways and I’m on my way out already.” She eyed Cynthia annoyingly, picked her bag and phones, and swaggered out.

Yemi quickly picked up his phone and called Simisola several times but she refused to pick up.

Arrrrrfgh!! .
Another devil?! ..

Nice story,following close

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by aprilwise(m): 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
This is a battle for Simi nd yemi. thanks for the update. am really enjoying this masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 10:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
EPISODE 25
(CHAPTER NINE)

While in the taxi, Simisola reflected over what happened in Yemi’s office. Nicole’s action showed that the children of the poor had no place amongst those of the elites of the society. She had always known that the dichotomy was wide but Nicole just rubbed it in her face boisterously. Nicole didn’t only embarrass her but also intimidated her.

But to some extent, Nicole was right. She was only a ghetto girl with no impressive status. What was she thinking? That a poor ghetto girl marrying a wealthy son of a rich man was going to be a stroll in the park? Now she knew better. Someone with the status and background of Nicole was more suited for Yemi and not a poor ghetto lass like her. As the realization dawned on her, she lost the strength to fight the tears that stung her eyes any longer and they broke loose. The taxi driver could only do so little to pacify her.

Moments later, Yemi’s phone started ringing. He picked up the phone. It was his mother.

“Hello mum, this is not the best time to talk.”

“Yemi, what is this that I am hearing about you?”

“I don’t understand, mum.”

“That you are now going out with a girl from the slum.”

“Mum, Nicole told you that?”

“It’s not about who told me what. It’s whether it is true or not!”

“But mum, you’ve always wanted me to bring someone home.”

“Yes, I’ve always wanted that but that doesn’t mean I’ll have to settle for a lassie from the ghetto with no background whatsoever!”

“Mum?!”

“Yes! You better don’t ‘mum’ me unless you have someone worthwhile for me!”

“Mum, sorry I’ve got to go.”

“Yemi, don’t dare hang up the phone on me!” she yelled at the top of her voice.

“Okay, so can I go now?”

“Better!”

“Later, mum.” Yemi ended the call and banged his fist hard on his desk in frustration. “Oh, no! he muttered, I have had enough for today.” He packed his things and left the office.

Back at the Williams’ residence, Mr Williams approached his wife. “Who was it that got you so upset over the phone, dear?”

“It’s your son, Yemi.”

“Oh, still on this issue of settling down?”

“You won’t believe what I just found out.”

“What’s that?”

“He’s bringing a girl from the ghetto home,” she said with so much disgust in her voice and expression that got her husband startled.

“Oh, I see. That’s good news.”

“Good news? How’s our son bringing a girl from the slum home good news, Adesoji?”

“If I am right, you were complaining that he was taking too long to settle down and now that he has finally gotten someone you are still making a fuss about it?”

“Why won’t I make a fuss about it, ehn? So, you expect me to welcome a girl from a family without history with open hands, ehn?”

“Agnes, why are you talking as if those from the ghetto are not humans? The fact that God has blessed us doesn’t make us more human than they are. Does it? If Yemi has found love in the ghetto, so be it. I think what he needs now is our support and not this brouhaha.”

“What?! Are you saying this, Adesoji?”

“And why are you are talking as if you were from a rich home when I married you?”

“But I wasn’t from the ghetto nonetheless. I was from an average family. Don’t you forget that, Adesoji!”

“And you weren’t from Lekki, Ikoyi, Banana Island, or Victoria Island nor were your parents socialites either! ” He carried his golf pack and started walking towards the door. “Well, I am going to the golf course.”

“And what about the arrangement with Nicole’s mother?”

“I didn’t sanction that in the first place, Agnes. I didn’t,” he said without looking back or stopping in his tracks.

Seconds later he was out of the house.

“It won’t happen. It will never happen! A girl from a nameless family marrying into my family? It can never happen!” Mrs Williams kept screaming all by herself to herself.

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
EPISODE 26
(CHAPTER NINE)

Yemi was driving home when his phone started ringing again. It was his father this time. He picked the call; the hands-free was on.

“Hello, dad.”

“Hello, son, where are you at the moment?”

“I just left my office, dad. On my way home.”

“Can you meet me at the golf club? We’ve got to talk.”

“No problem sir. I should be there say in thirty to forty-five minutes’ time.”

“Okay, son. I’ll be waiting for you.”

About forty minutes later, father and son were strolling side by side on their way to the bar at the golf club.

“Dad, I didn’t know you still swing that hard.”

“Hahaha! Buddy, you think your old man is too old to swing? I would beat you hands down if you were to challenge me.”

“Hahaha! Dad, you know I don’t do golf. If you were talking about football now, I would have taken you up.”

“Hahaha! So, how’s your project going?”

“Hectic, dad. It’s very demanding these days. Hope to wrap it up soon though.”

“I see.”

They arrived at the bar and the barman served them the drinks they ordered in no time.

“Son, I think your mum is not happy over your choice of a woman.”

“She told you, dad?”

“I was there when she was talking to you on phone earlier. I learnt she’s from a poor background.”

“Yes, dad.” Yemi felt more comfortable discussing the matter with his dad. He knew him to be a very reasonable man and full of wisdom. He usually trusted his judgment.

“Why is that, son? Don’t you know what effect such a relationship could have on your reputation?”

“Dad, you know I respect you and your opinion on matters very much. But dad, look at me. I’m no longer a small lad which presupposes that at this age, I know what I want and what is good for me. Dad, I have been to places. I have travelled far and wide and have seen things. I have come across all sorts of ladies but I can tell you that I have not come across any like the girl in question.”

His dad adjusted himself on his seat, crossed his fingers, and listened intently as Yemi continued, “Dad, from the little time I have spent on earth, I have realized that a happy and successful marriage is not dependent on wealth, status, background, ethnicity, colour, race, or locality but on the blessing of God on the one hand, and the individuals involved plus the love they share on the other hand. Dad, you know why people respect you a lot today?”

“I’m listening, son.”

“Dad, it’s not because of your wealth but because your outlook towards life is not prejudiced and your ideology that all humans should be given equal chance irrespective of their status, colour, or ethnicity. That is what stands you out amongst your peers and that is what I and others adore in you.” He held his father’s hands. “Dad, all I’m asking for is a chance to truly be your son--a son that shares your ideology about life.”

Mr Williams looked into his son’s eyes and saw passion. He saw sincerity. He saw conviction. He nodded in admiration of his son’s line of reasoning. Yemi had few minutes to convince him and he had just done a splendid job in winning his dad over. Mr Williams was pleased that Yemi took after him and was not like the egocentric, spoilt children of his peers.

However, he maintained an expressionless face which gave Yemi a hard time figuring what was on his mind and that heightened the tension in him. Yemi had always known that to be his father’s strongest gift--his ability to keep an expressionless countenance under any circumstances which made it difficult for people to read him.

Yemi respected his father’s judgment very much and his opinion on this matter could go a long way in determining the direction of his relationship with Simisola. The tension in him was high and his father’s blank countenance and his unnecessarily long pause wasn’t helping at all.

“So, what about Nicole? You two have come a long way,” his father finally asked after a paused that looked like forever.

“As friends, dad. As friends. Dad, I’m your son and you know me so well. You and I know that I don’t feel a thing for Nicole.”

“And I hear this girl of yours is from the ghetto.”

“True that girl may be from the ghetto, dad but I can tell you that she’s a rare jewel from the ghetto.”

“Hmmm ... Jewel from the Ghetto! That sounds nice.” He paused again.

Yemi’s face became expectant as he waited for what appeared to be his father’s final verdict. His father opened his mouth to speak and Yemi’s heartbeat soared.

“What’s her name, son?”

“Simisola, sir.”

“Son ... you’ve made a wise choice!” his father said and patted him on the shoulder.

Yemi’s heartbeat normalized at once. He laughed. “Dad, you support my decision?”

“Hundred percent, buddy. Hundred percent!”

Yemi stood up and went over to his father. He hugged him tightly. “Thank you, dad.”

“You are welcome, buddy. One more thing, Yemi.”

“What, dad?”

“I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you, dad. I love you.”

“That’s my boy. Now, tell me about Simisola.”

Yemi’s face brightened at his father’s request. Nothing gave him more joy than telling those who cared to listen about Simisola.

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:25pm On Apr 20, 2018
EPISODE 27
(CHAPTER NINE)

The taxi dropped Simisola in front of her house at Oko-Oba. She searched her handbag for her bunch of keys but couldn’t find it. She couldn’t remember in particular where she must had dropped it so she decided to head to Pink Roses to collect Ngozi’s copies of the keys.

By the time she got to Pink Roses, it was getting late. However, she met several customers on queue and she knew they were not going to close early. Her frame of mind could not let her concentrate so after staying for a while, she decided to leave. Ngozi persuaded her to wait a little while longer so that they could go home together but she was bent on leaving by which time it was already dark.

Upon walking for a while on the lonely street, she noticed a strange figure was trailing her. He was well-built and wore his face cap in a way that masked his face. She became afraid and quickened her steps. Then, she noticed the man increased his pace too and she knew she was in great trouble. She started thinking of what to do. All she could pray and hope for was for Scorpion to surface from nowhere.

She made a quick turn into an alley with the hope of losing the stranger but that was her biggest mistake! There was another man already waiting for her. She turned to run back but it was too late. The first man was already behind her. She became trapped between the two men in the dark alley. The first man brought out a knife. She wanted to scream.

“Shush! Don’t even try. See lady, you can make this easy for us or if you decide to play tough we can make it real hard!” The voice was as cold as ice.

She covered her mouth tightly with her hand and started humming her response. She began to shake. The man with the knife started closing in on her. An idea occurred to her. She saw that the second man was farther from her than the one with the knife who was just three steps away from her. All she needed to do was to count up to three. She counted in her head: one step, two, and three! It was time to act! She threw a hard kick to his groin and swung her handbag heavily on his face. He screamed as he fell to the ground and squirmed holding his groin in pain. She jumped over him and started running out of the alley, screaming hard, “Heeeeeeelp!”

Just then, Scorpion was passing by some distance away and he felt he heard a noise coming from the alley. He stopped in his tracks and went in the direction of the sound. As Simisola was about to burst out of the alley into the open street where Scorpion could have seen her, the men caught up with her and pulled her back into the alley. The one with the knife covered her mouth and held the knife close to her throat.

“Hush! Easy girl. Anymore sound from you and it will be your last!” She cooperated pronto.

As Scorpion moved closer, he heard what was like the sound of people struggling with one another. Noting that the first noise he heard sounded like the voice of a frightened lady, he was convinced that a lady must be in trouble in the alley. He clenched his fists as usual in readiness for battle. He walked stealthily towards the danger spot ready to cause maximum damage.

One of the men peeped and whispered to the other, “It’s Scorpion!”

“Ah! Nemesis of Molesters? We are done for. What do we do now?” his partner whispered back. The terror in his eyes was visible even in the poorly lit alley.

“Shhhhhhh!” the first man cautioned.

The two men held their breaths while Simisola smiled in relief. Scorpion was only about five steps from the men’s nemesis and same number of steps from Simisola’s freedom. The men prayed that something prevented him from coming any further while Simisola prayed that something hastened his steps. Both parties began counting inwardly, ‘One, two ...’ Simisola’s heart began to calm down while the men’s heartbeats began to rise alarmingly and sweats began to take over their bodies.

‘Three ...’ Then the steps suddenly stopped. A mouse and a cat ran out of alley making a hell of a noise as they pursued each other.

Scorpion laughed. “Wow! All this trouble for a cat and rat fight? Very funny. I almost thought an innocent lady was in trouble.” He turned back and walked away.

The men heaved a sigh of relief as they wiped the sweats from their faces. Simisola’s heart, on the other hand, sank. She felt like shouting, “Scorpion, I’m here. It’s not cat and mouse’s fight!” But she dared not; the knife was still on her neck.

Having ascertained that Scorpion had gone out of sight, the knife man slapped Simisola hard across the face. The impact of the slap sent her to the ground. She felt a biting sensation as her face hit hard on the rough surface. “Now, you are going to have it rough, lady. You asked for it!” Angry, he dragged her up and sent her back to the ground with another hard slap. On falling to the ground, she hit her head on a stone.

“Please ... I will cooperate. Please what do you want from me?” Blood started tickling down from the wound.

“Shut up!” He threatened her with the knife.

“Alright, sir.”

“Shhhhhhh!”

She quickly covered her mouth and hummed assurances of her cooperation.

“Spider, pass me the viper,” the knife man called out to his partner.

Spider passed him a transparent jar containing some colourless liquid--the viper. Simisola watched on as the man let out a cruel smile and began to open the jar carefully. The moment the lid went off, a whoosh sound was heard and fumes oozed out from the jar.

“Lady, prepare for a beauty makeover!”

“Ah! ACID!!!” Simisola shouted with eyes almost bulging out of their sockets in horror.

“Hahaha! Yes, acid!” He moved closer to her and bent down to sniff her face. “Uh, it appears that you didn’t take your bath this morning. But don’t worry, you are going to have a warm bath now.” His eyes steamed with cruelty.

Then he began to turn the jar slowly while the other man pinned her down to the ground. She watched as the liquid slowly flowed towards the mouth of the jar. She swallowed hard and held her breath. The liquid got to the tip and flowed out of the container. Simisola closed her eyes. ‘Tumb!’ The acid dropped and Simisola screamed.

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Peppergroove:

Arrrrrfgh!! .
Another devil?! ..

Nice story,following close

Abi ooooo, Peppergrove.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
aprilwise:
This is a battle for Simi nd yemi. thanks for the update. am really enjoying this masterpiece.

Aprilwise, glad you are enjoying it.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
skubido:
Tanks a lot 4d update

Skubido, your head is there.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by YINKS89(m): 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
Pls dnt stop dre ... One more update.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for following the story and dropping your comments. I really appreciate the compliments too.

If you noticed, you would realize I posted four episodes tonight instead of the usual two or three. This is because I will be traveling out of town for a few days and I don't know yet what the network situation of the place would be. So, I might not be able to post updates as regularly as I am doing now.

Please bear with me. But I assure you that if the situation allows me, I will definitely post updates for you reading pleasure.

I sincerely regret the lacuna this might cause. Once again, bear with me.

Do have a blessed weekend.

With love,

Qudus Oko-Osi.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
YINKS89:
Pls dnt stop dre ... One more update.

cheesy
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by YINKS89(m): 11:50pm On Apr 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 3:55am On Apr 21, 2018
Haaa broz whr u go stop so no good oooo

Tanks a lot for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by joromi36(f): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2018
lawd!!! this babe harsh o...
I really feel for simi

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by becca2017(f): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2018
Yeeeeh me, i don't like this kind of suspense jhor.. bro James, pleaseeeee come and update oh

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by emeraldlife: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
becca2017:
Yeeeeh me, i don't like this kind of suspense jhor.. bro James, pleaseeeee come and update oh

grin grin
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Eronsammy(m): 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
This is a great story Sir.....Am honored to be here

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by itsandi(m): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by becca2017(f): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

The Journal Of A Nymphomaniac / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / My Final Year Love: Perfect Rejection Season 2 (MFYL PR2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.