Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (121934 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah / Hacked:romance And Action Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
Mr James u Don come again ooo, y u go stop @d unexpected.

U abi. Continue. Dere is God oooo

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
skubido:
Mr James u Don come again ooo, y u go stop @d unexpected.

U abi. Continue. Dere is God oooo

cheesy Skubido, don't worry. Expect more updates this night. Now that d network is cooperating, I must use it well. I don't know what tomorrow will look like.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by YINKS89(m): 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
D unexpected... Na waooo.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
JamesKudooski:

cheesy Skubido, don't worry. Expect more updates this night. Now that d network is cooperating, I must use it well. I don't know what tomorrow will look like.

O my God, baba I dey feel u jhor.

As e dey b nd go dey b, 2moro go make sense by d special grace of God.

Wagbayii bami.

My ✋ ✋ hand dey up ooo,

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
skubido:

O my God, baba I dey feel u jhor.

As e dey b nd go dey b, 2moro go make sense by d special grace of God.

Wagbayii bami.

My ✋ ✋ hand dey up ooo,

Double Tuaille, baba! Make I borrow Scorpion's words

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
YINKS89:
D unexpected... Na waooo.

Yinks89, I see u.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Double Tuaille, baba! Make I borrow Scorpion's words

Don't mind scorpion jhor. So na so shakira go dey remote ham dey go. E beta cut o, make im aja4 gbera commot 4 shakira side oooo

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
Once again. Tanks a lot for all d update . God bless baba

U really tried

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
EPISODE 33
(CHAPTER ELEVEN)

Oko-Oba, Simisola’s Residence.

Simisola lying on the couch rested her head on Yemi’s laps. Yemi played with a strand of her braids. They laughed as they cracked jokes and poked each other. Then, Simisola excused herself to enter into the kitchen. Her phone beeped and vibrated on a stool nearby. Yemi reached for the phone.

“Sweetie, you have a ...” His eyes caught something. He paused. He blinked rapidly several times as if to clear his vision. His mouth slackened. “Are you kidding me?” His pitch soared. His glare riveted to the phone screen.

Hello Baby Girl, I will forever bless the day I met you. The thought of you sends me crazy and catapults me to Elysium. Are we seeing tonight? Sunkanmi, the man whose heart you stole.

Different thoughts scrambled in his head for understanding. He remembered the anonymous text messages he was getting in recent times and this seemed to confirm it all. Simisola came back in, saw his eyes and knew something was wrong.

“What’s the matter, Dearie?” she asked with a puzzled look.

Yemi nodded his head repeatedly but slowly, eyes closed, lips sucked in, and feet tapping on the floor. He opened his eyes, stared straight into Simisola’s eyes and asked in a calm but forceful voice, “Who is Sunkanmi?”

She felt a knot in her belly. “Sunkanmi is a childhood friend I ran into few days ago ...”

“Friend? Friend, you say? And how do you explain that?” He pointed to the phone on the stool.

Simisola picked up the phone and saw the message. She laughed and responded, “Oh, that’s one? It’s not what you think, Dearie ...”

“And you are laughing?”

“The look of jealousy in your eyes is funny, dear.”

Yemi calmed down. She explained to him how she met Sunkanmi and how he had been disturbing her with such text messages ever since and asking her out for dinner. Yemi became convinced when Simisola showed him her replies to his messages in the past. The replies had clearly stated that she was in a relationship that meant everything to her and all she could offer was the kind of platonic friendship they enjoyed as children. Sunkanmi was only being stubborn like most men in matters like this.

Yemi’s face loosened up. “And why didn’t you tell me before now?” he asked.

“Honey, you’ve been very busy lately and I have been trying to tell you but you haven’t created any chance for it. I was hoping to tell you over lunch this afternoon.”

“Oh, sorry about that, Sweetie.” He felt a little embarrassed of himself. “So, jealousy was obvious on my face?”

Simisola burst into laughter. “You should have seen your face in the mirror.”

“Oh-oh, my bad. I guess I allowed my imagination to run wild.” He wore a funny expression.

“Way too wild, lover boy.” She threw a pillow at him. He got up and picked his. She ran and he chased after her.

So was the issue resolved and the romantic drama of chasing each other all over the living room and throwing pillows at each other took over.

Two Days Later.

Shakirah threw an all-night party and invited everyone from Pink Roses amongst others. The party was grand and there was enough to eat and drink. Enough music. It was fun all the way.

Shakirah wiggled her way through the spirited, sweaty crowd to the stage. Risi followed closely behind. She collected the mic to make an announcement.

She began in Pidgin English, “My people,” She shook her derriere and flaunted her boobs to the cheers and whistles of her guests. “This one no be party for babies. Na adult we be. Drinking to stupor is allowed ...” Everybody cheered again. She continued, “You fit drink break leg, no be sin. For here, shayo no be bastard. I don arrange enough drinks. And if you drink scatter and you no fit go home, I don arrange for rooms for here. Because this night we go party hard. Mr Deejay, slam it!”

The Deejay responded with a long streak of scratches on the turntable before pumping up the flow of the music. Another ecstatic round of cheers, claps, and whistles of alcohol thirsty people and clinging bottles rented the air. Hands flew in the air gleefully. Cloths stuck closely to sweaty bodies. Smell of delicious delicacies and alcohol tingled the nose.

The latter part of the announcement couldn’t have come at a better time for Simisola. She was already feeling tipsy. She needed somewhere to lay her head.

Early the next morning, Ngozi, Taiwo, and Kehinde came to wake her up. The party had ended and most of the guests had left but she was still in bed. Her head ached and she felt so tired that she began to wonder if she really took more than two bottles of malt. She ordered for a cup of coffee to clear her head. Soon everyone returned to their normal lives. The talk about Shakirah’s lavish party took another three days to die down.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

2. BOLDSCHOLAR: https://www.boldscholar.com/books/jewel-from-the-ghetto

3. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/814412

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
Simisola self. wetin she dey find for shakira party.persin way no wish her good. Until she put sansan for her garri

James baba. U too much baba

RESPECT

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
EPISODE 34
(CHAPTER ELEVEN)

The Following Day, Yemi’s Residence.

Yemi came out of his gym with a towel round his neck. The shimmer of light bounced off the beads of sweat on his bare well-built chest. He panted as he walked towards the door holding his water bottle in one hand. Abdullahi, his gateman met him at the door with a package for him.

“Oga, you get am por enpelofe,” Abdullahi informed him in his heavy Hausa tongue.

“Oh, you mean I have an envelope?”

“Yessar.”

“Who brought it?”

“Erm ...” He scratched his head. “Na one man wey carry am por okada, come wear am por yellow and red uniporm.”

“Oh, that must be a DHL delivery man. Okay. Thank you. You may go back to your post.”

“Yessar.”

Yemi studied the envelope as he wondered what could be in it. He knew he was not expecting any parcel. But when he turned it over and saw ‘From Anonymous’ written on it, a sharp pain ran through his stomach. His brows furrowed as he quickly tore the envelope open. He reached into the envelope. The items felt glossy. They were photographs.

“Photographs?” he muttered. “But I didn’t take any pictures recently. What is this dude getting up to?”

His heart thumped against his chest menacingly. He brought out the pictures and by the time they came to his full glare, he froze. An agonizing heat surged up within him such that a dozen air-conditioners couldn’t have cooled him down. He flipped through the pictures one after another. They were five of them. All containing a nude Simisola cuddled in the arms of an equally nude man. Their expressions were those of people having a good time.

He held the pictures tembly and he watched on with a slacked expression. The pictures fell off his hands. He took a few steps backwards and sank to the ground. He held his head in his hands. “Nooooooooooo!” he screamed. He rammed his fist to the ground. “Simisola, whyyyyyyy?!”

Yemi knocked on Simisola’s door. She opened the door, full of smiles and opened her arms wide for a hug. Yemi waved her aside and walked straight in to sit on the couch. She was left at the door puzzled and clueless.
Simisola moved closer. “What’s ... What is wrong, Dearie?” she tried to find out.

Yemi remained silent, his elbow positioned on the armrest, and his fist propping his chin. Simisola moved further towards him. “Dearie, please talk to me ... What have I done wrong? Please was it something I said? Talk to me, honey.” She looked into his eyes and the disgust seated therein scared her.

Yemi flung the envelope on the table. “There. That’s what’s wrong!”

“That?!” she asked. The surprise was yet to leave her face.

She walked over to the table and brought out the pictures from the envelope. Her eyes grew wide, then wider until her jaw dropped. Her lips quivered. “W... What?!” She looked on in disbelief. “It can’t be!” Her hands trembled. “No! No! No! This can’t be me.” She shook her head in disagreement. She checked the pictures the umpteenth time and she was certain she was the one in them. “Dearie, please can you tell me what’s going on here?”

Yemi grew hot. “I should be the one asking you that question, Simi!” he shouted at her.

Simisola flinched. “Please Dearie, I don’t understand what’s happening here.”

Yemi pounded his fist against his thigh. “Stop it, Simi!” he screamed again. He sprang to his feet. “Ju ... Ju ... Just stop the pretence. Stop it! Your pretence is driving me nuts!” He clutched his head to his hands. “Simisola, you did this to me? After all the love I have shown you. I turned my back on my mother, my friends, all those that mattered to me just because of you and you did this, Simi?”

Simisola fell on her knees. “Yemi, please I can explain ... I can’t even explain ... but I didn’t do it.” She felt a wetness in her eyes. “Please believe me ...” The wetness formed into tears. “I didn’t do it.” The tears gained momentum.

“I am done with you, Simisola. I don’t ever want to see you again!” he dropped off and matched towards the door.

She ran after him. “Honey, please wait. Don’t leave ...” She tripped and fell face flat on the ground. She felt pain but quickly got up and continued the pursuit. “Honey, please don’t do this. I didn’t do it.” The tears became torrents. She caught up with him at the door and clung to him leg. “Honey, I didn’t do it. I swear. I didn’t do it. ” The torrents flowed down with vengeful intensity.

Yemi shook her off but she held on. “Let go of me, Simi!”

Instead, she tightened her grip. “Honey, please. She wailed more. I can’t live without you and you know it, please.”

Yemi freed himself and quickened his steps. She crawled after him with an incredible speed like an eight-month-old crawling baby. She caught up with him again and held on to his leg once more. “Honey, I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it.” Phlegm flowed down her nostrils.

“Ooooooh, Simi! Don’t make me do this!” He raised his hand to hit her but stopped mid air. He closed his eyes, clenched his teeth, and shook his head vigorously. “Simi, don’t turn me into what I’m not.”

“Honey ... Honey ... Honey ...” She began to choke on her sob. “I didn’t do it ... I didn’t do it ...” She sniffed. “God knows I didn’t do it.” She wiped her nose with the back of her hand. “Please you are the one that I love. Please don’t go ...” She cried more. “God knows I won’t survive if you leave me ... Honey, please ...”

Yemi shoved her away, freed himself from her grip, slammed the door, and walked out of her life.

“Yemi, I didn’t do it. Please don’t do this. Please don’t gooooooooo!!!” And words could not describe the cry that followed.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

2. BOLDSCHOLAR: https://www.boldscholar.com/books/jewel-from-the-ghetto

3. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/814412

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
skubido:
Simisola self. wetin she dey find for shakira party.persin way no wish her good. Until she put sansan for her garri

RESPECT

Thanks, baba.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
skubido:

Don't mind scorpion jhor. So na so shakira go dey remote ham dey go. E beta cut o, make im aja4 gbera commot 4 shakira side oooo

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by YINKS89(m): 12:15am On Apr 23, 2018
Dis shakirah I smfin else

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by IAmXcessiz(m): 12:21am On Apr 23, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Yemi shoved her away, freed himself from her grip, slammed the door, and walked out of her life.

“Yemi, I didn’t do it. Please don’t do this. Please don’t gooooooooo!!!” And words could not describe the cry that followed.

I'm speechless

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by sooperrescue(m): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2018
James, I don tire for this your updates, so I don buy my copy. If you like, remain for that village wey nor get network. I have my own copy and make una go buy una own. Its cheaper than the updates.
Good night

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by sooperrescue(m): 2:22am On Apr 23, 2018
Just finished my copy. The suspense was not good for me. Waiting for free updates when I could buy, download and read for 500 naira. The story is Just like the pacesetters series. Is there still a collection of pacesetters series? I wont mind going back to the years of yore.....

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Alliswelleumas(m): 2:47am On Apr 23, 2018
....... oh poor simi........
........ how will she get out of this......

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by rukidanty: 8:15am On Apr 23, 2018
nice updates and good writing skills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 8:15am On Apr 23, 2018
[quote author=skubido post=66945852]Simisola self. wetin she dey find for shakira party.persin way no wish her good. Until she put sansan for her garri

I Don talk ham yesterday. I pray God help her sha.

Me no say God go punish dat bad belle shakirah

Tanks a lot boss

Good morning how ur night?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2018

RESPECT
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by kingin55(m): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
Bleep U Shakirah

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by aprilwise(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
Simi never knew that her enemies are her friends.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
IAmXcessiz:

I'm speechless

IAmXcessiz, I'm waving ooo.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2018
sooperrescue:
James, I don tire for this your updates, so I don buy my copy. If you like, remain for that village wey nor get network. I have my own copy and make una go buy una own. Its cheaper than the updates.
Good night

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
sooperrescue:
Just finished my copy. The suspense was not good for me. Waiting for free updates when I could buy, download and read for 500 naira. The story is Just like the pacesetters series. Is there still a collection of pacesetters series? I wont mind going back to the years of yore.....

Thanks for the patronage, bro. And I feel super honoured to be compared to Pacesetters series authors. I really appreciate the compliment, bro.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
Alliswelleumas:
....... oh poor simi........
........ how will she get out of this......

Alliswelleumas, I pray so too oooo.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
rukidanty:
nice updates and good writing skills

As always, thanks.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
[quote author=skubido post=66951072][/quote]

My night was great, baba. Thanks so much. But no be Simisola's fault. She no know say Shakirah na enemy.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
aprilwise:
Simi never knew that her enemies are her friends.

Correct talk.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
kingin55:
Bleep U Shakirah

Kingin55, I see you. It's been a while.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Eronsammy(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Eronsammy, I'm more honoured to have you read and enjoy my story. Thanks, bro.
Am following Sir.....I feel for simi......I know the truth will surely come out and the Two lovebirds can come back together

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

The Journal Of A Nymphomaniac / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / My Final Year Love: Perfect Rejection Season 2 (MFYL PR2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.