Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life (13353 Views)

How Phone Brand Initiatives Impacted Lives / How Phone Brand Initiatives Impacted Lives / Phone Auto Correct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by blogbuilder: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
Auto prediction is an inbuilt feature installed in phones to make typing easier by predicting and changing to the correct word if your spelling is wrong.

Sometimes, auto prediction features can include words suggestion. This works by suggesting the matching word that follows the last word on your screen. For example,if you type "I love you",the suggestions might include, dear,mummy ,sweetheart e.t.c...Clicking any of these will make the sentence complete.

Although auto prediction feature have its own advantages but the disadvantages cannot be overlook.

I don't realise that my spelling skill has been depreciated until my autocorrect feature stop working...

MERITS

(1)It makes your typing faster.

(2)You can use it to check the spelling you are not sure of...

DEMERITS

#1. It lower your spelling skill: When my auto correct stops working, I find it difficult to spell some complex words myself..Reason is because I depend on auto correct for most of my spelling correction. If you are in doubt ,try to disable your auto correct and see what i'm talking about...To disable it, go to settings >>>language & input>>>>current keyboard>>>disable auto correct.

#2 It makes computer to think for you.
As funny as it sound,its true. Most people depend on auto prediction for most of their their typing.

#3. It can put you into trouble
Most of the funny update you see on most people status online came as a result of auto correction. Can you imagine,somebody wants to comment beautiful pple on his boss status and auto correct change it to Beautiful pig and she updated it without checking the word...When using auto correct,ensure you read what you type before disgracing yourself.

It lowers your IQ
Yes it can.In a situatuation you allow your phone to be thinking for you,what do you expect....

NOTE: If you are the type that's addicted to this feature, kindly disable it to checkmate yourself...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by blogbuilder: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
lalasticlala , mynd44 , puskin , honsule , dragnet
please move this to front page ....It might be of help to some
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by OriflameNIG: 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
Imagine you are trying to do cash transfer via your mobile phone and auto correct helps you to add extra zero, you don send am before you notice .

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by blogbuilder: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
OriflameNIG:
Imagine you are trying to do cash transfer via your mobile phone and auto correct helps you to add extra zero, you don send am before you notice .
.Na the real gbege be that oh

1 Like

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Kizyte(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
True talk

1 Like

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by David008: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
I Don hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by cepha4: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
H

1 Like

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Jacktheripper: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
I can't spell again with that damn auto correction feature.

6 Likes

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
Isn't your merit no.2 countering your demerit no.1?
Pple can never be corrected to pig. And it's not doing your thinking for you, it's assisting your typing. They are two different things.
Demerit number 3 makes no sense at all
OriflameNIG:
Auto correct does not work with numbers o

For those of you saying it affects spelling skills,that is wrong, if anything it helps. Without it, you wouldn't be able to grasp some people's messages.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by san316(m): 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
Sersly. Txting rly afcts our spelin skills. Autocorrect also makes us lazy and unproductive

1 Like

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
Arsually, I have disabu my autocorrect. I can steal spell veri well now... My speling is not afected

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by olahero(m): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
I really agree with you, but it also help sometime.
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by bukatyne(f): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
Very true.

Just how constant use of keyboard makes your writing depreciate.
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by lovelylad: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2018
I agree
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Kaxmytex(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2018
I dont use auto-correct, i use speech to text..

1 Like

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2018
How is it possible?
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by sonnie10: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2018
Auto correct gets crazy sometimes. There was this case of a house agent who was going to type , To Let - for his new apartment listing but Auto correct did the word, Toilet.

Without knowing, he placed the sign in front of the apartment. Within a short period, when he returned, what he saw could only be imagined than described.

2 Likes

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Deltayankeeboi: 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Krak(m): 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
I hate it with a passion. I already de-activated it on my phone long ago.

I love to type all my words by myself.
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Sluvist(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2018
It has been long when i disabled mine, though, i enjoys gesture typing on my Gboard. If you are good in vocabulary, then Gboard makes typing a fun.
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by herich(m): 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
Very true
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Offpoint: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2018
That useless thing ruined my life.
I wrote to my ex boss "sir, in order to move this company forward all staffs hands must be on dïck" instead of deck....

don't ask what happened next... I don't want to remember it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Kaybaba5(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
THe auto predictions dey help sha oooo
But u can switch off the auto so that u can pick options by urself
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Liliyann(f): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
doctorkush:
Arsually, I have disabu my autocorrect. I can steal spell veri well now... My speling is not afected

Really? undecided
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Karleb(m): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
I hate auto correct with every passion in me, I always have it disabled whenever I update my Swiftkey(mind you, it's SwiftKey or nothing), but I love its prediction features.
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by chukslawrence(m): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
ok
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by ominirajj: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
doctorkush:
YEEEEEPA
I THINK THE AUTO CORRECTION AND PREDICTION IS MEANT FOR YOU
Re: How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life by Oreofepeters: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
doctorkush:
Arsually, I have[i][/i] disabu my autocorrect. I can steal spell veri well now... My speling issue not afected
This your spelling ehh fit pursue buhari out of aso rock. Pathetic out of context. If I should rate you ehh..... Fit manage give you 2.0/100.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Unwanted Ads Showing On My Phone Always / What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.