Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here (9965 Views)

Otti Sends Condolence Message To Ikpeazu (photo) / Customs Officers Bid Dikko Farewell (photos) / President Jonathan Condoles With Mrs Oronto Douglas, Signs Condolence Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by udezue(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2010
And how will your lovely praises of him benefit anyone?
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by joeycrack: 4:46pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I attack people by urging them to SPEAK THE TRUTH rather than ridicule the thousands who have gone to their graves as a result of this man's many years of adamant hold on to power?

By the way, how did he directly affect your own life? Please indulge us.

Interesting  . . . . suddenly, telling folks to be more honest in their dealings with the dead as they are with the living is UNBECOMING  . . . weeeee !!!!

Why did your evaluation of this same administration change drastically with his death? What brought this about? FEAR OF DEATH, maybe? Like someone said, fear the man might come back from the dead to haunt you? I don't get it. What changed?

Positives of his regime? Could you care naming some of them with FACTS provided? Cause I really want to know where the FANTOM positives i have read of so far come from.

Writing much but saying nothing. I do not need to indulge you nor does anyone need to inform you how they arrived at their evaluations or if  it's changed since his death. The point is, respect peoples position, if they feel they have to mourn and praise him, fine! they certainly don't need to justify anything to you. I wouldn't call referring to people as cowards 'urging them to SPEAK THE TRUTH' and of which the TRUTH here is your opinion of the administration.

I'll be interested in the facts that link the death of the thousands you mention specifically on Yar'Adua. To help you along, here's an example of a fact: Transparency - He declared his assets.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by joeycrack: 4:51pm On May 06, 2010
udezue:

And how will your lovely praises of him benefit anyone?

If you want to criticise his administration, by all means do but do not throw everyone who chose to do otherwise under the bus by calling them cowards or that they've gone from 0 to 180 degrees. People have different opinions and yes sometimes they differ from yours, respect that and don't call into question their intelligence.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 06, 2010
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On May 06, 2010
joeycrack:

Writing much but saying nothing. I do not need to indulge you nor does anyone need to inform you how they arrived at their evaluations or if it's changed since his death. The point is, respect peoples position, if they feel they have to mourn and praise him, fine! they certainly don't need to justify anything to you. I wouldn't call referring to people as cowards 'urging them to SPEAK THE TRUTH' and of which the TRUTH here is your opinion of the administration.
Wonderful . . . the typical response . . . responding without actually responding, or even answering any of the questions asked . . . weeeeeeee !!!

Respect people's positions? You mean telling us THE MAN was humble and honest is same as respecting THE POSITION? You mean respecting THE POSITION ONLY WHEN the one who holds the office DIES, right? lol

Look up the words cowards or cowardice in the dictionary, that might give you a clue as to how the sudden switch in tones, when it comes to evaluating the very same, even when all factors have gone unchanged for so so long( only that now death is involved) could be considered cowardly.

joeycrack:
I'll be interested in the facts that link the death of the thousands you mention specifically on Yar'Adua. To help you along, here's an example of a fact: Transparency - He declared his assets.

ROFLMAO!!!

So, the many who have lost limbs and lives as a result of his instituting Sharia up in his home state ought to be swelling with lovely feelings that he declared his assets?

The thousands who were deprived decent education, healthcare, and access to a better life during his 8 solid years as governor of that state ought to be singing praises that he was, according to you, a humble honest man, huh? We are speaking of thousands who were forced to deal with third world level healthcare while their ailing governor, made sure he had access to outside doctors and vacation periods during which he made sure he had great doctors taking care of him.

The thousands across Nigeria who have had live under the same conditions for the last 3 years ought to sing songs of praises to yar adua,right? Those who have died like flies in that time ought to rejoice that each year since taking office in 2007, Yar adua has made sure that healthcare for self was well taken care of?

The millions across all of Nigeria( and the thousands who have died in the last three years from lack of access to quality healthcare), suffering from sicknesses as deadly as his, or even worse, ought to be happy then that they paid for this man to fly ought to europe and saudi arabia to get himself the very best care money could buy then?

WOW . . we ought to have a national holiday then to celebrate this man's life. He declared his assets, ring the bells. . . we had a 'messiah' in yar adua!!! grin
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by safeact(m): 4:59pm On May 06, 2010
@udezue, for ur consumption only, no harm meant, nwanna.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Remii(m): 5:02pm On May 06, 2010
Today at offshore Nigeria, we lowered Nigeria flag half mast to mourn the man who was bold enough to take step that doused Niger Delta crisis, Adieu Mr President. May your successor achieve more than you did, for the betterment of Nigerians.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by joeycrack: 5:12pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Wonderful . . . the typical response . . . responding without actually responding, or even answering any of the questions asked . . . weeeeeeee !!!

Respect people's positions? You mean telling us THE MAN was humble and honest is same as respecting THE POSITION? You mean respecting THE POSITION ONLY WHEN the one who holds the office DIES, right? lol

Look up the words cowards or cowardice in the dictionary, that might give you a clue as to how the sudden switch in tones, when it comes to evaluating the very same, even when all factors have gone unchanged for so so long( only that now death is involved) could be considered cowardly.

ROFLMAO!!!

So, the many who have lost limbs and lives as a result of his instituting Sharia up in his home state ought to be swelling with lovely feelings that he declared his assets?

The thousands who were deprived decent education, healthcare, and access to a better life during his 8 solid years as governor of that state ought to be singing praises that he was, according to you, a humble honest man, huh? We are speaking of thousands who were forced to deal with third world level healthcare while their ailing governor, made sure he had access to outside doctors and vacation periods during which he made sure he had great doctors taking care of him.

The thousands across Nigeria who have had live under the same conditions for the last 3 years ought to sing songs of praises to yar adua,right? Those who have died like flies in that time ought to rejoice that each year since taking office in 2007, Yar adua has made sure that healthcare for self was well taken care of?

The millions across all of Nigeria( and the thousands who have died in the last three years from lack of access to quality healthcare), suffering from sicknesses as deadly as his, or even worse, ought to be happy then that they paid for this man to fly ought to europe and saudi arabia to get himself the very best care money could buy then?

WOW . . we ought to have a national holiday then to celebrate this man's life. He declared his assets, ring the bells. . . we had a 'messiah' in yar adua!!! grin

And you provided facts and answers I wonder why I bother to talk logically with some people.

Please go ahead, everyone who has said anything good about him are simpletons and cowards even though that's been their position all along. I'm sorry we don't all have the Kobojunkie brain power, if we don't all come to the same conclusions as you we are all dumb and foolish. Hope this has done great things to your life.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Bibankee: 5:13pm On May 06, 2010
Farewell my gentle president Umar Musa Yar'adua
If you had a second chance am sure you will surround yourself with people:
who love you enough to be honest and true
who value your health more than fame
who wouldn't turn you against your own people for selfish ambition and insatiable greed
who wouldn't rip you of dignity and honour in exchange for power
who wouldn't mind living peacefully with you in a cottage than in a mansion full of pressure and unrest.

I really wish you could be rewarded with eternal life and rest but that decision is between you and your God,

Adieu my president!!!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On May 06, 2010
joeycrack:

And you provided facts and answers I wonder why I bother to talk logically with some people.
Yes, oh logical one!! You are so logical in the way you avoid providing answers to most ALL QUESTIONS asked but expect others to provide you with facts of what is right before you. Oh logical one, you are so logical in your dealings, and so it is illogical to demand you consider logic even in this.

You are so logical in feigning amnesia of the events of the last three years, now that this man is dead. That you now require facts to help you understand the events of the last 11 years of his time in government, and the effects of his inaction on the lives of those he governed, speaks of how severely logical your case is here.

joeycrack:
Please go ahead, everyone who has said anything good about him are simpletons and cowards even though[b]  that's been their position all along. [/b]

Yes, it is logical to continue to MAKE ILLOGICAL assertions such as the one highlighted above. Yes, it is LOGICAL to think that even with the vast records  available via Nairaland archives, most proving that most all of the very same have not maintained the very same position as they now do,  it is ok to believe they have all maintained their position all along. grin
It is so illogical for anyone to conclude that switching sides, in such a condition ought to be considered cowardly in anyway.
joeycrack:
I'm sorry we don't all have the Kobojunkie brain power, if we don't all come to the same conclusions as you we are all dumb and foolish. Hope this has done great things to your life.
Yes, why would we want the Kobojunkie brain power when according to you, your argument,  which essentially denies/puts aside/attempts to cancel out most 99% of the reality in this situation, is the logical way to go. Lol
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by paddylo1(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2010
Yar Adua was Incompetent and its time for Nigerians to move on

all these crocodile tears will not help our economy grow. . .

Right now the world Economic Forum is going on in Tanzania, i am here watching it on Bloomberg

That forum was supposed to take place in Nigeria but was moved because of this Yaradua saga

God Knows countless other damage that has been done to Nigeria because of this dead dude

Leadership is serious business. . .Most other countries bring their first eleven forward and if someone is injured is replaced immediately from a deep bench

We dont have time to waste. . .if Yaradua liked u,me or Nigeria,he would have resigned a long time ago. . . .

but he didnt, because he was thinking about only him,his fat greedy family and his cronies

I say let the dead bury their dead. . . .am drinking a guiness and i pour some out for the dude. .thats it

. . . .cheers. . . .Life goes on.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by sjeezy8: 6:41pm On May 06, 2010
"on to the next one"- Jay z

aint no time to keep dat nikku in our heads- Nigeria has been at a pause for the last 5 months. cool
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by platinumnk(f): 6:57pm On May 06, 2010
Why did he die on the day TRUTH prevailed over LIES

Two Vanguard News headlines captures the significance of yesterday and largely Yar'adua's life as President.

"Yar'adua dies"
"FG drops charges against Ribadu"

A lot of attrocities were committed on behalf of Yar'adua. These attrocities were enough to make a healthy man sick. It is no wonder it has sent a sick man to an early grave.

Yar'Adua took office in 2007 in a country notorious for corruption and gained accolades for being the first leader to publicly declare his personal assets when taking office — setting up a benchmark for comparison later to see if he misappropriated funds. But enthusiasm for his presidency waned as time passed and he made no headway in fighting entrenched corruption.

USA.today.com

kobojunkie: May the GOOD LORD give to him what he deserves, Amen!!

By the way, what about the souls of the many Nigerians who never got the same treatment the man at least gave himself - treatment that helped keep him alive for as long as he lived? What about those souls? Do they also RIP and are they happy to say RIP to the man who allowed them go to their graves with no quality healthcare?
AMEN!!

Everybody is singing eulogies now yet they are the same people who have been abusing him and his wife from time immemorial on Nairaland
grin grin grin

Very incompetent.
You should have spent your life herding sheeps and cattle.

RIP
LWKMD grin grin grin

i feel sorry for the millions of nigerians who have been denied responsible govt for ages and their mothers. i feel sorry for the millions of nigerians who have died from poorly equipped hospitals and doctors on strike while govt officials travel abroad to treat themselves.

i feel sorry for the millions of nigerians who have left their country to live as beggars and 2nd class humans in other countries including ukraine, malaysia, sudan(sudan Shocked) yemen etc

i feel sorry for those who died in incessant violence

i feel sorry for . . . i have no more sorry left to feel for many other nigerians who deserve it . . . . and they are not in govt
Copied from Toshman.
I also feel sorry for Thousands who die daily on the Abuja Lokoja express way. I feel Sorry for Patients of cacner who Turai used to dupe Nigerians and the International community with her fake NGO after recieveing billions in donation, not even a foundation has been laid at the internatioal cancer center

Word.

He got what he wished for.
He was a greedy àsshole. Heck, he was the sole beneficiary of the 2007 electoral heist, he was the most incompetent president the country has witnessed and greedy incompetent and tribalistic mofòs dont deserve condolences.
+1

SimplySTUPIDchic,lol bishh u must have lost your mind. Who poured sand in your womanliness? Is yar adua now a saint coz he is dead? Bishh shut your two faced backside up. Proper case of monkey see monkey do. All of a sudden it has been fashionable to render praises on him in death. I will be impressed if you defended him like this when he was alive but I guess u had to go with the flow. Tell me a good reason why he deserves no criticism in death and i'll tell u why Abacha deserves a national monument in his honor. Anuofia!

Good Riddance to Yardull! Rubbish!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by nellaluv(f): 7:52pm On May 06, 2010
sowi o Mr President.
oh well, another one bites the dust.
R.I.P Mr President
Rise In Peace Nigerians,
forward ever, backward never, lololol
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by sjeezy8: 7:59pm On May 06, 2010
nellaluv:

sowi o Mr President.
oh well, another one bites the dust.
R.I.P Mr President
Rise In Peace Nigerians,
forward ever, backward never, lololol

are you ok? lol
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by calson81: 8:10pm On May 06, 2010
Yara dua , a good man with a good heart. you meant well for Nigeria, but was unfortunately surrounded by vampires and selfish morons. your death is a personal loss to me and the Nigerian nation at large.Good bye,my presient. RIP.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by nellaluv(f): 8:11pm On May 06, 2010
sjeezy8: are you ok? lol
yes?? ehen, can i help u? lololol
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by sjeezy8: 8:13pm On May 06, 2010
nellaluv:

yes?? ehen, can i help u? lololol

you said
nellaluv:

Rise In Peace Nigerians,

we Nigerian shall not die in Jesus make you correct am o jare. lol
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by nellaluv(f): 8:35pm On May 06, 2010
What i meant is that with Pres. (sowi o) death, there should be ONE Nigeria, Nigerians should rise up for (in(lol) peace.
Let's not be divided, let's stand for truth, justice and equality and peace.
Naija i hail thee tongue
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Omolulu(m): 8:42pm On May 06, 2010
RIP Umar Yaradua
Your life has ended, but the afterlife has begun for you
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by marvix(m): 9:02pm On May 06, 2010
Why do the good ones die early, why do d Gods chose those we love, u came, u saw nd u conquered. All that u achieved within ur 58yrs here on earth all your critics will neva b able 2 achieve a fraction cos weneva they do they will ask God 4 forgiveness.

Despite bein born into an aristocratic nd wealthy family u were yet humble, lived a simple life worth emulatin, a honest nd the most sincere president Nigeria ever had, the peacemaker of the Niger delta this nation mourns you.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by chidichris(m): 9:07pm On May 06, 2010
adieu brother.
pls, when next u come arround, do not listen to obasanjo and his likes for the gifts of devil can never be for free.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by redsun(m): 9:19pm On May 06, 2010
marvix:

Despite bein born into an aristocratic nd wealthy family u were yet humble, lived a simple life worth emulatin, a honest nd the most sincere president Nigeria eve

I bet you mean aristocratic looters,his brother,shehu yaradua was a known looter,as general in army and as a politician,a strong ally in crime with obasanjo.Their father i heard was a part and parcel of the first republic looters.

There is nothing good to say about nigerian politicians,their death is more of blessing to the common man than tragedy.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by AjanleKoko: 9:59pm On May 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

Yar Adua was Incompetent and its time for Nigerians to move on

all these crocodile tears will not help our economy grow. . .

Right now the world Economic Forum is going on in Tanzania, i am here watching it on Bloomberg

That forum was supposed to take place in Nigeria but was moved because of this Yaradua saga

God Knows countless other damage that has been done to Nigeria because of this dead dude

Leadership is serious business. . .Most other countries bring their first eleven forward and if someone is injured is replaced immediately from a deep bench

We dont have time to waste. . .if Yaradua liked u,me or Nigeria,he would have resigned a long time ago. . . .

but he didnt, because he was thinking about only him,his fat greedy family and his cronies

I say let the dead bury their dead. . . .am drinking a guiness and i pour some out for the dude. .thats it

. . . .cheers. . . .Life goes on.

Word, actually! wink
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by DrFerlie(m): 10:58pm On May 06, 2010
Rest in peace Yar'adua, You were a simple,honest,humble, peace-loving and a servant leader, Only God knows why HE took you away at this time , cry cry cry cry
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by komekn(m): 11:13pm On May 06, 2010
There seems to be a lot of posts by paid it seems praise singers of which most of them don't have more than 50 posts

If I say farewell I am implying he Yaradua has done well so I will say condolences to incompetence, mediocrity and leaderless leadership.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by houvest: 11:28pm On May 06, 2010
@ Safeact. To say that Yaradua was the first Graduate President of Nigeria is incorrect. That accolade belongs to Zik. However you can say he was the first Nigerian Graduate to become Executive President or head of State.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by TewMuch: 12:10am On May 07, 2010
RIP to Yaradua and the rest of the Yaradua family. When a family loses a loved one it is always a sad situation no matter who the person was. His time on earth has come to and end, and we bid him adieu and good luck facing God. I hope he died repenting and asking for God's forgiveness. Just shows that we are only here for a season, and only God knows when we shall depart to account for all of our deeds. So to all those people consumed with wasting their lives on irrelevant things (tribalism and ethnic sentiments), i hope your life and health is worth wasting. Nigeria has woken up, and as a country we shall move on together, from what Yaradua has left behind. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by udezue(m): 12:46am On May 07, 2010
Well trained psychophants.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by marvix(m): 3:02am On May 07, 2010
Quote from Redsun
I bet you mean aristocratic looters,his brother,shehu yaradua was a known looter,as general in army and as a politician,a strong ally in crime with obasanjo.Their father i heard was a part and parcel of the first republic looters.

There is nothing good to say about nigerian politicians,their death is more of blessing to the common man than tragedy.

Ok 4 d sake of ur arguement he came frm a family of looters yet he never was involved in lootin d treasury, he declared his assets nd nobody was able to raise any objection or allegation even without proof, this declaration he had bin doin since his 1st term as gov, does it men anythin 2 I.

You are just a jealous poor Nigerian who believes dat evry wealthy nd successful person is d cause of ur poverty nd failure.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by 0hsisi: 3:11am On May 07, 2010
and the man died!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by roscoconcept: 3:16am On May 07, 2010
[right][/right]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude / Atiku On The Reported Registration Of New Party / Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.