Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (31567 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Blonchilli:

. Don't quote me again please.

You still don't want to hear the truth on the Pervert Prophet Muhammad being White?

I am not done yet exposing your lies, you know!
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Obascoetubi: 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
obailala:
I dont subscribe to her or anyone placing a tatoo on their bodies for the sole purpose of just spiting a group of people, it's silly! But a fact I understand from my bible is that Christ doesn't care if you have or you place a tatoo on your body. Still cant understand why anyone still goes into the book of Leviticus to dig up levitical laws as rules for 'Christianity'
but we're still following 10 commandments from old testament
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by obailala(m): 11:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Obascoetubi:
but we're still following 10 commandments from old testament
Every one of the 10 commandments were revalidated in the new covenant. The law on tatoo prohibition was only mentioned in Leviticus, together with numerous other weird Mosaic laws which no living human can keep to. That was part of the reason Christ had to come to save mankind from the curse and heavy burden of those laws mentioned in Leviticus (go read Galatians 3:10-13; in fact read the entire chapter). I still cannot understand how people who are supposed to be followers of Christ (i.e. Christians) keep reading out components of the old Judaism laws as rules for Christianity; the confusing part of it all is that only selected verses (not all) of the mosaic laws are picked up and preached today.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Obascoetubi: 6:33am On Mar 31, 2018
obailala:
Every one of the 10 commandments were revalidated in the new covenant. The law on tatoo prohibition was only mentioned in Leviticus, together with numerous other weird Mosaic laws which no living human can keep to. That was part of the reason Christ had to come to save mankind from the curse and heavy burden of those laws mentioned in Leviticus (go read Galatians 3:10-13; in fact read the entire chapter). I still cannot understand how people who are supposed to be followers of Christ (i.e. Christians) keep reading out components of the old Judaism laws as rules for Christianity; the confusing part of it all is that only selected verses (not all) of the mosaic laws are picked up and preached today.

Matthew 5:17-32 New International
Version (NIV)
The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to
abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have
not come to abolish them but to fulfill
them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven
and earth disappear, not the smallest
letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will
by any means disappear from the Law
until everything is accomplished. 19
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of
the least of these commands and
teaches others accordingly will be called
least in the kingdom of heaven, but
whoever practices and teaches these
commands will be called great in the
kingdom of heaven.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by obailala(m): 7:17am On Mar 31, 2018
Obascoetubi:

Matthew 5:17-32 New International
Version (NIV)
The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to
abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have
not come to abolish them but to fulfill
them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven
and earth disappear, not the smallest
letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will
by any means disappear from the Law
until everything is accomplished. 19
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of
the least of these commands and
teaches others accordingly will be called
least in the kingdom of heaven, but
whoever practices and teaches these
commands will be called great in the
kingdom of heaven.
I repeat myself again, no living Christian in 2018 is capable of keeping to the laws of Moses, and that's why through Christ's sacrifice on the cross, He 'fulfilled' those laws on our behalf to save us from the curses that come with not adhering 100% to every single component of those laws.

Colossians 2:14
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross

The above verse made it clear that the laws/decrees were a burden to the people, "hostile to us". Just like a difficult burdensome exam which no one could pass, Christ picked his pen, took our sheets and wrote these exams on our behalf by being nailed to the cross. Christ basically fulfilled the law on our behalf so we can no longer be held to ransom for not adhering strictly to the difficult decrees... but it appears a lot of people aren't too sure of what that 'fulfillment' in Christ's statement entails.

Anyway, this argument on whether the laws of Moses are still binding on new covenant believers did not start today; it existed as far back as the days of the apostles. Read Galatians 13, Apostle Paul was seriously provoked to anger by this argument that he asked the Galatians if they were bewitched for attempting to downplay the sacrifice of Christ whilst upholding the laws of Moses. Take your time to read the entire Galatians 13.

Finally, if any Christian today still thinks the sacrifice of Christ isnt sufficient for them, and that they want to practice Judaism (Mosaic culture) and Christianity concurrently, then good luck to such a person in that adventure. But remember, if you must uphold one, you have to uphold ALL of the laws. You cant just pick and choose which one of the laws you want to comply with.

Heb 7:18
For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness

Heb 8:13
By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Blonchilli(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2018
JimaeChinko:

You still don't want to hear the truth on the Pervert Prophet Muhammad being White?

I am not done yet exposing your lies, you know!
Why are you always bringing Muhammad. Am I Muslim?
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
prinzfavian:

What more can be expected, the end is here...
Babylon the great soon to fall... smiley

Babylon is falling. cool
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by mukhcech(m): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Are you well did you read the message at all? undecided

Are you sick in the head. Leave my mention damn it.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
mukhcech:

Dunderhead nincompoop undecided

2 Likes

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by mukhcech(m): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Imbecil.e
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
mukhcech:

Imbecil.e
Dunderhead nincompoop tongue

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by mukhcech(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Public toilet grin grin
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
mukhcech:

Public toilet grin grin
Awwe smiley thank you so much for the compliment you are a pit toliet while I am a public toliet grin

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
mukhcech:

Ladyhippolyta88:

Ladyhippolyta88:

mukhcech:

Imbecil.e

Ladyhippolyta88:

mukhcech:

Public toilet grin grin

Ladyhippolyta88:
Awwe smiley thank you so much for the compliment you are a pit toliet while I am a public toliet grin

Can you guys please explain how this banter has anything to do with the OP? undecided
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by mukhcech(m): 10:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Mumu geh grin grin
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
mukhcech:

Mumu geh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by mukhcech(m): 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Can you guys please explain how this banter has anything to do with the OP? undecided

That geh nah Mumu. No mind am grin grin
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47am On Apr 09, 2018
mukhcech:

That geh nah Mumu. No mind am grin grin

I believe you should carry your battle to the romance section. cool

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by mukhcech(m): 7:52am On Apr 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

I believe you should carry your battle to the romance section. cool

I think so too. Buh she won't agree. We could develop something for each other from there. grin grin grin
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
mukhcech:

I think so too. Buh she won't agree. We could develop something for each other from there. grin grin grin

What do you have to say about the OP?
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2018

DETESTABLE DEVOTION
TEXT: GALATIANS 4:20

"Let no mɑn beguile you of your rewɑrd in ɑ voluntɑry humility and worshipping of ɑngels, intruding into those things which he hɑth not seen, vɑinly puffed up his fleshly mind" (Colossians 2:18).

In Texɑs 2017, ɑ mɑn died from contrɑcting ɑ flesh eɑting bɑcterium through ɑ new tɑttoo on his leg. The tɑttoo reɑd "Jesus is my life." He died five yeɑrs ɑfter he swɑm in the Gulf of Mexico. His tɑttoo wɑs the route of germ into his body, the wording notwithstɑnding. Detestɑble devotion is not ɑ mɑrk of godliness. They are not ɑcceptɑble before God. Vɑin worshippers shɑll not inherit God's kingdom. God rejected Isrɑel while they dɑnced nɑked ɑbout the golden cɑlf (Exodus 32:6).

Whɑt ɑre the types of worship in your locality? Hypocritical youths perform seductive dɑnce styles, mɑke empty noise, and weɑr diverse lɑbels and mɑke-ups in plɑces of worship. They displɑy outwɑrd signs of love for Christ without any love for Him in their heɑrts. They ɑre undiscerning followers of the world. Our scripture todɑy sɑys, "Let no mɑn beguile you." Yes, let no mɑn deceive you by outwɑrd show of religion. Ability to sing, Dɑnce, dress, drɑmɑtise or decorɑte the ɑltɑr is not enough proof thɑt ɑ youth is ɑ true believer.

Chɑllɑnge: "Empty noise is ɑ nuisɑnce before our Holy God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me wisdom to discern true holiness in worship"

Quote: "Vɑin worshippers shall not inherit God's kingdom"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Leviticus 19:28-32

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters / Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Makes Women Twerk In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.