Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) (46687 Views)

Governor Ambode And Lagosians Hailing Him (Photo) / Agbaje, In New Year Message, Tasks Inec And Lagosians / Ambode, Tinubu And Lagosians: The Fight For The Soul Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by obowunmi(m): 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
Scammers.
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by castrol180(m): 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
Nedfed:

Na person say make u dey buy 20mb #100?

Won't you keep mute? mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by blackpanda: 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
Edu3Again:

The whole South and middle belt hates him

Pathetic wailers
Your frustration in life knows no bounds grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by rosebowl01(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by DrHighchief(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
Ambo..Ambo...Ambo...U will serve d country in higher capacity...God bless u sir..God bless Lagos...God bless Nigeria...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by ultron12345: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
We, the people of Edo wish to congratulate and commend lagosians
on their rapid development. Same is also happening in Ogun. Please, Edo and Yoruba are one, we solicit that you also allow us learn from you and assist us, so that Edo can join Yorubaland to be the pride of the nation.

Please, do not let the pigs from the yeast to slow down your progress, just ignore them.

Once again, congratulations.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
[/b] grin grin sad sad cool lipsrsealed grin grin grin
deomelo:

[b]This is what I love about the leaders in Lagos state.

Dangote refinery was slated for Ondo state, but Ondo state, Mimiko and the PDP were doing sme sme sme and politics, but Fashola stepped in and moved mountain and desert to move the refinery, a $15 billion investment to Lagos state.

Fashola moved the refinery to Lagos and Ambode is now moving to complete the takeover.

This is when Leaders see their states as a sense of duty and obligation.

Continuity in Lagos is one of their greatest weapons of development.

undecided
deomelo:

This is what I love about the leaders in Lagos state.

Dangote refinery was slated for Ondo state, but Ondo state, Mimiko and the PDP were doing sme sme sme and politics, but Fashola stepped in and moved mountain and desert to move the refinery, a $15 billion investment to Lagos state.

Fashola moved the refinery to Lagos and Ambode is now moving to complete the takeover.

This is when Leaders see their states as a sense of duty and obligation.

Continuity in Lagos is one of their greatest weapons of development.

u'll not make heaven with dis pictures I swear down. I Don laff,bone dey pain me.chai! see Air Ambulance

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by flokii: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
nextstep:

I'm proud of Lagos but this tribalism/regionalism must stop. [i]Nigerians[/I] have made Lagos what it is. Is Lagos only collecting IGR from Yoruba people? Or tax? How many billions of money from Nigerians all over has poured into Lagos? It's a former capital city, a financial, manufacturing, and entertainment hub - and has only become so due to the efforts of all Nigerians. Federal revenue mostly from Palm and Crude oil (obtained elsewhere) has helped it grow.

As for indigine: do we discount all the Benin people and their descendants who've lived and settled Lagos since 1400s? Are they too not indigene? In it's past life as part of Benin Empire (late 1400s till 1861), it benefitted from the largess of that Empire. Its first Oba - Captain Ashipa in the Benin Empire - to whom all Obas of Lagos trace their lineage, was given Lagos to govern. How does the Oba of Benin give somebody Lagos if Lagos is not part of his Empire?

So please, although Lagos is located in South West Nigeria, it is a serious discredit to call it Yoruba Land: it's a uniquely multi-cultural place with a complex history where many Nigerians can be said to be indigenes. This is not Ife or Abeokuta - undisputedly Yoruba cities, but a once forlorn beach that has seen waves of immigration and control over the millennia.

Lagos is Yoruba land surrounded by neighbouring Yoruba cities and the Atlantic ocean..

How this turned out to be a big problem for you is what I don't get.

Who asked you to narrate history or will that make Lagos part of Igboland?
I blame Yorubas for being too free with you outsiders.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by BioTeck: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
nextstep:

I'm proud of Lagos but this tribalism/regionalism must stop. [i]Nigerians[/I] have made Lagos what it is. Is Lagos only collecting IGR from Yoruba people? Or tax? How many billions of money from Nigerians all over has poured into Lagos? It's a former capital city, a financial, manufacturing, and entertainment hub - and has only become so due to the efforts of all Nigerians. Federal revenue mostly from Palm and Crude oil (obtained elsewhere) has helped it grow.

As for indigine: do we discount all the Benin people and their descendants who've lived and settled Lagos since 1400s? Are they too not indigene? In it's past life as part of Benin Empire (late 1400s till 1861), it benefitted from the largess of that Empire. Its first Oba - Captain Ashipa in the Benin Empire - to whom all Obas of Lagos trace their lineage, was given Lagos to govern. How does the Oba of Benin give somebody Lagos if Lagos is not part of his Empire?

So please, although Lagos is located in South West Nigeria, it is a serious discredit to call it Yoruba Land: it's a uniquely multi-cultural place with a complex history where many Nigerians can be said to be indigenes. This is not Ife or Oyo - undisputedly Yoruba cities, but a once forlorn beach that has seen waves of immigration and control over the millennia: settled in part by Aworis and Ekiti (running from war in the Yoruba hinterlands), and settled in parts by the Edos (empire expansion/trade).

Try harder to re-write history because this attempt has failed woefully. 'Ohun rere n wu onisowo Ado'.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelo:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6854315_c_jpegb64ec3ea372d1d8674886470b02116de

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6854318_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

Hey, leave sorry, sad and pathetic ipigs alone, it is their one and the only portion in life to let us know how sad, angry, bitter, confused, lost and disgruntled they are as human beings.

See what their village leaders are commissioning. I understand their pain and sorrow.

They are in serious pain

grin grin
what kinda Rubbish Ambulance is this? angry
i hope this is a joke Right?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Pamelayoung: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
Very nice. PMB looked very impressed.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by thatchick: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
For the hardship and trekking I went through today, I am going to like every insults thrown at Ambode and Buhari.

This is indeed a zoo nation
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
does the president who does know anything know wat he came to commission in lagos
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Bridget95(f): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra will not be happy, they are looking for names they call buhari and ambode for doing a great job
when will you recieve sense?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelllo:
[img]https://www./wp-content/uploads/2018/03/29351911_767970636727001_4766436645745240738_o.jpg[/img]

Eko o ni baje o.

how was this a great day?was it buhari that built d bus stop?if buhari didnt commision d bus stop will it not function?all d things u showcased, which did buhari provide?
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2018
Sponsored post

1 Like

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by nextstep(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
flokii:

Lagos is Yoruba land surrounded by neighbouring Yoruba cities and the Atlantic ocean..

How this turned out to be a big problem for you is what I don't get.

Who asked you to narrate history or will that make Lagos part of Igboland?
I blame Yorubas for being too free with you outsiders.

Sorry, it is you who don't understand history. When has Lagos been part of the Oyo empire (as all of Yorubaland has been)? Who do the Obas of Lagos owe their allegiance to - Benin (and not Oyo or Ife)? What is the original Yoruba name for Lagos (don't say Eko... that's an Edo name... named by the first Oba of Lagos, from the Benin Empire). Also see what "Why Lagos does not belong to Yorubas - Oba Akiolu - Daily Post Nigeria"

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by nextstep(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
BioTeck:

Try harder to re-write history because this attempt has failed woefully. 'Ohun rere n wu onisowo Ado'.

Sorry, it is you who don't understand history. When has Lagos been part of the Oyo empire (as all of Yorubaland has been)? Who do the Obas of Lagos owe their allegiance to - Benin (and not Oyo or Ife)? What is the original Yoruba name for Lagos (don't say Eko... that's an Edo name... named by the first Oba of Lagos, from the Benin Empire). Also see what "Why Lagos does not belong to Yorubas - Oba Akiolu - Daily Post Nigeria"
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
scarletkinq:
The stupidity in this thread is alarming must everytin boils down to tribalism and bigotry in this shithole? A bus terminal is nice work but not sumtin to celebrate in this manner that's why the leaders take pride in commissioning mediocre projects cuz they think they do us favors
sad sad
spitson Nigeria
they think they are doing us a favour because d people feel that way. Can u imagine d title of d thread. That's d kind of mindset that promotes and supports mediocrity in govt
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
Earthquake1:
A president of a country like Nigeria went to Lagos to commission a bus terminal after 3 Years in government and you are not ashamed?

Even if it's a toilet he went to commission, leave him for us.

Nothing can ever excite a hateful heart.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2018
Pamelayoung:
Very nice. PMB looked very impressed.
impressed about what?which had he done?
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by saggis: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2018
Omoluabi9:
Nice!

God bless Lagos.

God bless YORUBALAND! Amen!

Ogbomosho,Ibadan, Ife, Ondo are Youruba lands. Lagos is not. No matter how loud you shout it.

That bus terminal is located at Ikeja. I can bet you that over 70% of the people that will use it are non-Yoruba Lagosians.

Lagos is a Nigerian city. Ditto Abuja.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by azbus54(m): 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Which useless great day ...
PMB we the people of Lagos hate you to the core
people with their negative thoughts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by CrtlAltDel: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
Bwahahahahahaha grin grin grin D grin grin grin grin grin
[
deomelo:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6854315_c_jpegb64ec3ea372d1d8674886470b02116de

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6854318_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

Hey, leave sorry, sad and pathetic ipigs alone, it is their one and the only portion in life to let us know how sad, angry, bitter, confused, lost and disgruntled they are as human beings.

See what their village leaders are commissioning. I understand their pain and sorrow.

They are in serious pain

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelllo:
[img]https://www./wp-content/uploads/2018/03/29351911_767970636727001_4766436645745240738_o.jpg[/img]

Eko o ni baje o.

Lagos is apc and apc is Lagos. I will always support apc in Lagos for continuity. But on the federal level,HELL NO!!! ZERO!
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by sholla20(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2018
What's the meaning of the phrase 'A GREAT DAY FOR LAGOSIANS',It's either I don't understand english or the foolish person who created the topic is a clown,cos I don't get how it's a great day.You better go back to school if you don't know what to type.
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Lagos life na so so enjoyment!! I Before Orders where are you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Lagos life na so so enjoyment!! I Before Orders where are you?
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
lexy2014:
how was this a great day?was it buhari that built d bus stop?if buhari didnt commision d bus stop will it not function?all d things u showcased, which did buhari provide?

sholla20:
What's the meaning of the phrase 'A GREAT DAY FOR LAGOSIANS',It's either I don't understand english or the foolish person who created the topic is a clown,cos I don't get how it's a great day.You better go back to school if you don't know what to type.
[/s]

Pained, angry, bitter, disgruntled, frustrated and suffer head Igbos...

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by noona(f): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Just look at the old f**ker,I bet he doesn't even know where he is because of the increasing dementia he's suffering from...all those that went all out to wave at bubu today are bunch of block headed idiots..
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by SokizzRaven(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2018
Lagos is working!
PH city leaders needs to learn from the leaders and rulers of Lagos honestly, the city has most of the resources Lagos has and even more yet I don't think the PHC of today can compete with Lagos of a decade ago

Eko o ni baje

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2018
Imagine dangote building a whole refinery in Lagos I'm yet hear any Hausa make noise saying we developed Lagos but if it were some people from one corner with red mud like that person no go hear word..we developed Lagos,we developed kano,we developed abuja,we developed ghana ,we developed south Africa,we developed Indonesia, we developed Thailand infact we developed planet earth.smh

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade / Buhari Approves Six New Railway Line Projects (see Their Names) / Sowore: Soyinka, Shehu Sani, Deji Adeyanju Arrive Abuja High Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.